• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Should only take 5 days to do japan settlement when maxed on multiplier as also applies to negotiations. But even if takes 7 days, the SoKs and dojos and 50fp u get from finishing +the other fps you gain from the quests lines would be much more rewarding. you looking at 1,250fp just from the 50fp reward at the end alone, 1500 counting the other quests. And the +fp you get from buildings like dojo and SoKs that you will have up without waiting long. Seems like a no brainer to me. I believe it be 8 SoKs total completing it 25 times. As FP being the key to progressing you gain way much more this way and be the smart thing to do till your up in GBs and such then can start do more long term goals, but by then u would not be a new player.

Honestly there's so many ways to make FP these days that min-maxing it is not worth worrying about as much as it used to be. My last city I started a couple years back I was constantly pressed to find space to squeeze in more terrace farms, so yes space efficiency is a consideration right away. Now yes a dojo is a step above that - but it's entirely likely that those dojos are still pushing other slightly less useful things (like terrace farms) out of your city such that aiming for buildings that will last rather than incremental improvements to spam your city with does make sense while using the stuff you're going to win anyways to fill in space.

In terms of the raw FP - an egypt run makes 65 FP - so 650 over the 10 runs. Plus 2 new emissary slots and 1 new FP emissary I didn't include before.

SoKs are even more outdated buildings than dojos that are just stop-gaps til you get better stuff.

Could someone keep pressing Japan rather than diversify? sure. Who would be further ahead between the two? Probably whoever tries harder at other stuff. We're talking 5ish FP a day here over that kind of duration and maybe 2 GB levels worth of difference over that whole time. A gap easily made up and exceeded by doing more GE, doing more quests, sniping more GBs, doing more GBG, focusing on the right GBs rather than building everything under the sun and leaving them at low levels, etc.

Given that I would definitely opt for having the more longterm bonuses (i.e. the main rewards from the settlements) solidified rather than have fretted over the chump change for 6 months, have a bunch of buildings I was looking to delete as I get event rewards anyways, and still having to go back to get Yggdrasil and the bathtub which are still top-tier but I hadn't even started on.

----

Now after the main runs, I share your concern that Egypt may not be lucrative enough but 1 really great building is a much better time investment than 5 middling ones, whatever phase of the game you're in.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5097

Maxed out bathhouse saves space and
10 needed aids compared to dojo5. Tbh
personally I value units more than fps. If
I want more fps my choose wouldn’t be
dojo’s anyways. Having 10 units/d for slightly more space is for me much better. While more
is welcome I would prefer to build up an city that supports the attacking army with bonuses
and 10 units/d + units from main building instead of having an city recruiting like what?
5-8 units/d with dojo’s?
With the saved space with the bathhouse compared to dojo’s. I can use the space for
much better fp producing buildings and more important buildings that provide an bonus for
attacking army or GBs how help me in any other way I find fit.
Yet I would be more than happy to see an added defensive bonus for attacking army, as
long the amount of units isn’t reduced

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Here is my colony this morning.
1Y2khnbGfM-qZvGQx1ULo-ISTPPKwTZVf4I29lx1UMlKMqyNFubCj7wW1pXy-ULNghcEVHrKUswx-VtCObug3RRgjdpwW1ANuIOXiOdeQWkDOdDlZCYaVVzLxouxb8pGG5DCfEMFE-pCg9zV4hVcBabMiyCWjX4V4Dhh8KYSShtpQI30VD2-nCwzPph9ODl9LqXToSfRTYGDRsUNJiUk-ixuQZGGYAm4PLM9E2Fxu2MyjKXBV9FutHOx0Iybn03cAIErD1n5wVgFaX9yCTjDgNJDOw8Jm4pH2iZO5TaPifa5-PHWKA41XXyD7hyhyiF4z8un7pNOb6e0HhAba3jSoDfcE5VjlLa0Y4R28SOrcWN4Zbh2Rj_Qgrq9PNXt7hSSsKblN8fkz73vJwLhAwEQLsslmW2GrqMqBVNHdjHjs1WnTdqAWqqDNAmwdlzDRBEo6ejqMUOgzsfLNtgjQQHM1gmvhSGCuTR-4n7sM_UuBz514u74wOgwAnnnI0uJtPrBKzk79y2kmNe7gtugxkRHDNHkDS9TL_lzLkraiyVC7gO2SrIU128L4DO3xlA3RB2igCxnXSlwPUYx3oVM29vodC1OAN0YL5rbeTEYYiA1R0tXd1KAOQXTwzzwh0ml-AyMq5aUCTOUhUzpqaVO3gDZUwYBU2lQtrJnh8Q6fD4g0p9CURdeV8R2EKkNsyRNIOPWbADZafjgkAFM-VRcf8rkMNgz4IykNQ5Lbft4wBI7_uoBeCc=w1354-h800-no

Given my connection possibilities and my fighting skills, this is the most pleasant and easiest of the three.
More pleasant because maneuvering military units is more fun than negotiating with a merchant who offers goods at random. (no chance on the winnings of the fights)
More pleasant and easier because there is no need to multiply short-term productions.

My strategy is the same as for the Vickings: alternate production of goods with as many factories as possible and diplomacy to unlock the technologies. (factories produce 8 + 4 + 4 + 4. per day)

For the moment I have never had to remove roads to unlock the flower farm. (46 huts of cultivated palms are enough in place of the factories).

In its state my Egyptians:
* produce 1500 deben per day (embassy + residences) which is sufficient (yesterday, my worst day of fighting, I lost 6 units - 0 + 1 + 5 or 1,200 deben)
* produce more than 1000 loot per day thanks to the fights
* produce 100 goods per day (so my stock of loot increases)

As you can see on the picture I have more than 11,000 deben of stock so I can recruit 55 units with which I can do the 3 fights for 10 days.
These 30 fights will give me more than 10,000 loots, It takes about 16,000 for the entire settlement and I only need 9,500 ........

for good fighters the production of deben will not be problematic, it may be much more difficult for players who only fight with "auto battle" ....

Last edited:
would like automatic dismissal of fights that I didn't do - with manual dismissal, I have to either dismiss them "early" (after I couldn't win) or login "on time" shortly before the slots are refreshed.

Actually, I don't see any reason _not_ to refill them all automatically: in the Japanese settlement, it could make sense (f.i. for sparing goods for the last quest), but here it doesn't, sparing a fight for .. what?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
would like automatic dismissal of fights that I didn't do - with manual dismissal, I have to either dismiss them "early" (after I couldn't win) or login "on time" shortly before the slots are refreshed.

Actually, I don't see any reason _not_ to refill them all automatically: in the Japanese settlement, it could make sense (f.i. for sparing goods for the last quest), but here it doesn't, sparing a fight for .. what?

Mostly I agree, but there is the corner case of a fight that you couldn't be ready for that day but can be ready for the next vs a random fight that you might not be able to handle at all. i.e. if you're not super-active you might not have the troops trained for a day 1 fight you can handle until day 2; you might still prefer to keep that fight over something random.

shad2389

Viceroy
was inactive for 3 weeks and last time i changed setelments befor that 3 weeks i could restart a setelment right away

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
my setup since the reset:

1582846664047.png

I still haven't gotten around to adding chariots to my options.

When I first unlocked multistory houses I used the extra population to convert to decent coin production for a bit and recover draining my initial stock.

I'm now back up to 10k coins which is plenty for a while. I removed some of the coin production to add a 4th goods building and unlock flowers. I removed all my goods buildings to get the culture needed to unlock flowers. I might've been able to keep one or two since I didn't realise the first palms were still 1 minute builds until after I'd already deleted 2 + huts, found I needed more space, and deleted the other two.

I currently have 6k loot saved up. I haven't had quite the luck of low loss fights that hiep has but I have been managing all 3 fights most days.

I'll be adding 3 or 4 more expansions with flowers most likely. Maybe I'll find a space for a chariot barracks, and I need a 5th goods building soonish to use up the backlog of loot.

DeletedUser9541

Due to "popular demand" settlement currency costs were removed in the Viking & Japanese settlements.
Is there any possible change from the poison pill of one (2 space) obstacle in every Egyptian expansion? If we become nice players, use our currency wisely and save some, might we be able to buy a pickaxes for a couple hundred "deben" each (but guess developers would say at least 500)? Could random expansions have no obstacles or pickaxes included in more quest rewards (asked by others)?
In previous settlements, it was possible to move one's embassy when planning for new buildings requiring more spaces each, but the Egyptian one and the pyramid (6x6) have massive footprint requirements, so fewer obstacles to step on would be a welcomed change.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Due to "popular demand" settlement currency costs were removed in the Viking & Japanese settlements.
Is there any possible change from the poison pill of one (2 space) obstacle in every Egyptian expansion? If we become nice players, use our currency wisely and save some, might we be able to buy a pickaxes for a couple hundred "deben" each (but guess developers would say at least 500)? Could random expansions have no obstacles or pickaxes included in more quest rewards (asked by others)?
In previous settlements, it was possible to move one's embassy when planning for new buildings requiring more spaces each, but the Egyptian one and the pyramid (6x6) have massive footprint requirements, so fewer obstacles to step on would be a welcomed change.

There's a lot of positives to counteract the impediment in every expansion:

1) The initial starting area has *no* impediments (other settlements are random and sometimes have miserable starts)
2) The initial starting area is bigger (even ignoring the huge embassy you have 6 open impediment-free expansions to play with at the start)
3) You've got a number of free impediment removals to choose which impediments are the most aggravating to you and get rid of them. i.e. pick the most important expansions YOU want to be impediment-free
4) Expansions are relatively cheap - you can afford to not get the full value out of many of them.

Super Catanian

Merchant
1) The initial starting area has *no* impediments (other settlements are random and sometimes have miserable starts)
Really? That's a huge relief.

2) The initial starting area is bigger (even ignoring the huge embassy you have 6 open impediment-free expansions to play with at the start)
Huge amount of space, I see. This will be most beneficial.

4) Expansions are relatively cheap - you can afford to not get the full value out of many of them.
Are they Vikings cheap, or Feudal Japan cheap?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Really? That's a huge relief.

Huge amount of space, I see. This will be most beneficial.

Are they Vikings cheap, or Feudal Japan cheap?

Cheaper than vikings cheap. Japan ones are expensive - you just don't necessarily notice it as much because the merchant lets you buy many expansions for 8 pretty early by giving you access to the last good.

i.e. with the last good in Vikings you can get up to your 7th expansion for 1 good. with the last good in egypt you can get up to your 11th for 1 good.
When they move past 1 good their progression is also a bit slower.

Vikings 1-5-12-21-32-41-48
Egypt 1-5-12-17-24-31-38

Super Catanian

Merchant
Cheaper than vikings cheap. Japan ones are expensive - you just don't necessarily notice it as much because the merchant lets you buy many expansions for 8 pretty early by giving you access to the last good.

i.e. with the last good in Vikings you can get up to your 7th expansion for 1 good. with the last good in egypt you can get up to your 11th.
When they move past 1 good their progression is also a bit slower.

Vikings 1-5-12-21-32-41-48
Egypt 1-5-12-17-24-31-38
This is awesome information. Thanks!
BTW, we (namely myself LOL) miss your insight in the US Forum!

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
This is awesome information. Thanks!
The Egyptian expansions only cost me 1 + 5 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 goods.
And free picks are common: quests 6 + 9 + 12 +?
With the 3 that I had I removed the bad obstacles.
I now have 3 barracks + 5 factories, (or 2 barracks + 6 factories).
The size is sufficient: 5 or 6 factories spend more loot than what fights give.
And I think I have one more pick at quest 15, (the wikia is wrong, it was not changed after the change)

DeletedUser1206

There should be an alternative to battle in order to earn resources to enable good production, as not having an alternative way of generating the resources to enable production skews the game away from building and production. Also I don't think this has been the case before.