• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser8743

This sounds like a good plan and I really thank you for that. I will try it on live and will see if I'm successful. With opening chests at 1-3-4-5 I should have enough gold, because the most difficult is the 2nd run - you burned through the initial amount and don't have enough stockpile.
One more question - are you sure that you don't get stuck at 3 managers task OTHER than those you've listed? I really want to believe it, so I'll translate this strategy and give it to my guildmates and tell them than any slight deviation from it is at their own peril. What a lovely event :eek:
You will become stuck on the odd runs at task #25 with manager tasks of Hat at 3, Cake at 3 and Ship at 4.
On the odd runs, I'd bump Hat to 3 and leave Ship at 2.

Umbrathor

Baronet
The new quests definitely include improvements, but the order of the quests makes optimization hard: ideally, quests to upgrade specific buildings should coincide with quests to upgrade random buildings x times.
If quests can be combined in theory, please make it possible to actually combine them. If that is not the idea, then please change those quests. For instance, change the 'upgrade random buildings' quests to 'upgrade the ferry/festival'. That way players won't feel the need to try and optimize, saving frustration.

Please add an option to skip quests.

Also, please make the quests at the end that less time to finish. Even we have forever to finish them, (which is questionable due to the event having a time limit) it is simply not fun. The event starts having to upgrade often, and ends with days in which you just watch the goods come in, without doing much. That isn't fun.

dartrana

Farmer
celtic set: the stupidest foe building ever?

the celtic kit already felt like a dwarfy version completely out of proportions.

just updated my moon gate and got the feeling officially confirmed:

the rabbits in the celtic set are micro-versions of their next-door relatives around the city.

--> how stupid can one be ... ? is there nobody left to quality check in the foe team ... ?

82bk.jpg

If I see a rabbit (as big as dogs) like those around the city, I run fast and far far away ! ;)

agramer66

Steward
I've waited a few days to be able to try and be a bit more objective..
Too complicated - you solve quests to get gold to improve buildings and solve quests so you could advance to new city and solve some more quests and after a while you solved enough quests to get one of pieces of a set that you need to complete to be a prize...really???
We're not all in pension or out of work, what are you expecting of us?
And the whole game dynamic is just boring, you just keep waiting for more shamrocks to complete another quest.
I cannot imagine playing this on live server, much less spending money on diamonds for it.

Doubling fillers is a very dangerous precedent.

For me dangerous precedent is removal of daily prizes. In all other events daily prizes ensured that even if you did not like main event reward, you still had something to buy with event currency (renovation kits, missing set pieces from last year etc). Now, if you don't like main prize, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to do the event. It's bad decision and very bad business model. I don't understand how anyone in Inno could agree with this. All the other problems of this event aside, this is by far the worst (at least for me, because I don't have space for this set on live server and I am sure I am not the only one because it is not very good set).

Last edited:

DeletedUser6105

can anyone explain to me why sometimes when clicking to upgrade the ship or festival a 'x2' or 'x4' appears and the number leaps up?
cant work it out

DeletedUser8262

I was hoping to get a full level 2 set but i've decided to settle for less as i cant face doing any more of this event, i think we're 10 or 11 days in and it feels like weeks, this will the first eventi will skip on live in over 6 years, it is just so labour intensive and mind numbingly boring but i'm looking forward to an event free month on live so its not all bad

DeletedUser10346

I want to see a significant reduction (to the point where it is achievable with normal play) of the price to get Festival from 300 to 350
OR
Introduce a new multiplier breakpoint @LVL 325 (also with some reduction in shamrock cost).

podkap1970

Emperor
the Task 33. upgrade Flowers Factory to Level 200:

the last 22 levels from 178 to 200 of Flowers Factory costs 10.3aa
way too much :)

alone last lvl to 200 costs over 1.39aa

DeletedUser10346

the Task 33. upgrade Flowers Factory to Level 200:

the last 22 levels from 178 to 200 of Flowers Factory costs 10.3aa
way too much :)

alone last lvl to 200 costs over 1.39aa
Yeah, I'm on that one atm, but I have to wait 3 days for the PoG to open all 6 chests, so it will be done anyway, it's not that big a deal.

housemouse

Squire
Yes, Foe's math geniuses have surpassed themselves. I think gold should not be used as the currency for the mini-game because it is not enough in the back and front. You end up in frustration pretty early. And I already don't know what to say to my gildies in the live worlds. Please also announce changes in the event via the mailer in the future ... otherwise it will also be used for announcements and a change in the event is probably also important. BETA or not. I also want to play sensibly here and move my city forward.
Again my advice ... please do not start this event on the Live Worlds. You don't like yourself with it. It will break hell over you if you start the event there

I really think that doing all the tasks in 2 rounds (76 so 1 celtic kit) should be not only doable but also cheaper than buying the 6 chests. Unless I have miscalculated, it's not. You're punished if you play the game, you have more gains if you just buy the kit, it doesn't make any sense.

Sinitar

Regent
I really think that doing all the tasks in 2 rounds (76 so 1 celtic kit) should be not only doable but also cheaper than buying the 6 chests. Unless I have miscalculated, it's not. You're punished if you play the game, you have more gains if you just buy the kit, it doesn't make any sense.
explain your idea

vicbeta

Farmer
i like the st patty's event.
that being said, i've roughly figured out how to play the supply chain management puzzle and how it interacts with the tasks. it seems to be taking a lot of idle time as i get to the last 3-5 tasks.
i'm not sure how many cities there are, but they all seem to be very similar in their challenges (unlike the viking and japanese settlements) so the only incentive to upgrade the city is to get more tasks, which take far too long to complete for their rewards, which are not proportionate in value to the time it takes to get them...i like the event set, but again, the tasks take too long to complete, and there are too many "less than interesting" prizes for task completion, given the amount of time it takes to complete 25 tasks.

my recommendations would be to tweak the supply chain puzzle so you can make the tasks occur more quickly; tweak the prizes for completing 25 tasks to give more worthwhile prizes; reduce the amount of shamrocks to get to the next city; make the cities have different strengths and puzzles so they are not all the same.

hope that's helpful...