• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
We are aware of the issue and it has been reported, please contact Support if you are stuck on this quest.

jtrucker

Baronet
Any chance they'll be tweaking the Olympic Treasury?

As far as my memory goes, they have never ever answered such question. They never announced that they will/will not tweak an event building.
If they do, they announce "Rebalance has been made" at the very moment it will have happened. And if they don't, well, then they don't, and any comments and questions about event building stats will remain unanswered forever. That's how it always had been and I don't see Inno doing something different this time.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
As always I am gathering your Feedback. I appreciate there has been an issue with some of the resource quests so apart from them working correctly how are you finding the quests? Who is using the Coach Feature and how is this working for you? And (as always a theoretical question) if a rebalance was considered, what current attribute would you be sorry to see removed?

Feanor II

Baronet
As always I am gathering your Feedback. I appreciate there has been an issue with some of the resource quests so apart from them working correctly how are you finding the quests? Who is using the Coach Feature and how is this working for you? And (as always a theoretical question) if a rebalance was considered, what current attribute would you be sorry to see removed?
IMO questline has been excellent, Coaches are very good (even if it is a bit of a cheat in that they turned the percentages down and then gave a chance to bring them back up, like marking something up then turning it back down and calling it a "sale"). Would hate to see FPs and goods go anywhere; take the defense boost, happiness, and population (thematically inaccurate anyway-no one lives at the bank lol).

Last edited:

DeletedUser8946

Coach feature is a novelty.. Each coach has his ups and downs.. that's OK. Just get what you want . No need for tweaks here.

For the Treasury, I'd prefer a branching option at the highest level...
Defense, attack, supply, coin...
I would prefer a version of the Mill of Fall or Pagodas... For 4x5, I'd expect numbers to be bit higher..
Also, medals could be added; still low era players would need medals for expansions.

qaccy

Emperor
Note here that space age is only ½year active... Before space age 1000% was still weak against high attack value. Simple fact is 1000% defence for defenders is worthless in game with current AI used in city defence. If you dont give defenders attacking power, the defenders are issued with peashooters instead of guns. It became a problem ever since zeus, DdM and CoA were nerved and removed from the city defence. So now Inno figured hey, something extra we can "sell"... This is just unfair towards the players who started of in 2012 in favor of newish players... In the end, we will be deleteting GB's since these event buildings are more profitable.

Your comments are based on misremembering the past. Zeus/CoA/CdM were always only for the attacking army and never played a part in city defense. You're right that they got changed, once, when their bonuses were changed from 5% per level to 3%, but they were always only providing their benefit to the attacking army. Deal and Basil were changed from 10% to 3%, but they also went from only boosting defense to boosting attack AND defense. So they actually DID give defenders attacking bonus with this old change, something that didn't exist at all beforehand. Additionally, a big reason for making these changes in the first place was due to plans to remove the level limit of 10 for GBs several updates later, not just to be 'unfair' to anybody. You can go ahead and look these changes up from back in February 2014 if you want to check what I'm saying for yourself.

jtrucker

Baronet
Yeah, the coach is a little cheat.
Because I remember the numbers from previous forge bowl and the daily special % had been same last year as it is now with the coach.
So if you want to have success rate of previous year (which is not very high to start with, but that's the game of chance), you must use coach or you are out of luck... I did not use the other couches, I just play on days when there is daily special which interests me and then I use the coach giving 5% so I do NOT have 5% better chance, but I have same chance as previous years to win daily special.
IMO this is lame. If the numbers had stayed as they were last year and the coach would have given 5% boost, then it would be nice touch and a good new feature.
I didn't try the other coaches, but their features are actually new, so it does add a bit of twist to the game. It remains to be seen, if max lvl of the OT is attainable without diamonds and without the coach giving extra yard... I hope so, but we can't know it yet, right?

which boost to go and which to stay was said in this forum uncountable times, so I won't repeat myself nor the others...

6zeva9

Baronet
@ JTrucker I would have to disagree with you over the Daily Specials for last years Forge Bowl, there they ranged from 7% to 18% regardless of Player rating. This year each Player rating Group has a fixed rating of 5%, 8%, 10% and 12% currently, with the Golden players having the largest percentage.
Last years 18% was for one Silver player only.
Even with the coaches the best return this year is only 17%.

Emberguard

Emperor
Yeah, the coach is a little cheat.
Because I remember the numbers from previous forge bowl and the daily special % had been same last year as it is now with the coach.
[...] I use the coach giving 5% so I do NOT have 5% better chance, but I have same chance as previous years to win daily special.
Last years rates:
Red (Lazy) player: 7, 10, 10 (best DS cost ratio: 10)
Grey (Bronze) player: 8, 12, 15 (best DS cost ratio: 8)
Blue (Silver) player: 10, 14, 18 (best DS cost ratio: 10 and 18)
Gold player: 8, 8, 12 (best DS cost ratio: 8)

This years rates:
Red (Lazy) player: 5, 5, 5 (+5 = 10)
Grey (Bronze) player: 8, 8, 8 (+5 = 13)
Blue (Silver) player: 10, 10, 10 (+5 = 15)
Gold player: 12, 12, 12 (+5 = 17)

So you're partially correct and partially wrong about them being the same if using a coach. Depends entirely on which players you went for last year and how often you had to go for a different option then what's optimal for the DS. The Bronze and Silver options this year is better then the middle option by 1%. Gold is better in general. But red is break even using the coach (compared to last year) and the Bronze and Silver options are worse then the highest % rates last year.

It makes sense given the coaches that they've put a flat rate for each instead of different rates for each player. But that does mean the % rates are balanced a bit differently

DeletedUser9608

I had only used a few footballs until today, waiting for a daily prize that I actually liked. I had over 7500 footballs, and the WW shrink kit isn't bad, so I decided to spend the 150 diamonds on the good coach. I ended up with 17 shrink kits (hit the x2 a couple of times for these), about 200 FP, 2 contestant estates and a bunch of AH destined stuff.

The bad news though, is despite having the extra yardage, I now have only 7 treasury upgrades. I'll get one for finishing the quests, but there is no way I'll get the final one unless I end up in Silver League (doubtful) with the remaining footballs that will be available. My next touchdown reward is a SoK, so I need two more touchdowns for the last upgrade and I'm only on the 30 yard line. This is with me almost entirely ignoring the prizes and just choosing the option that advanced the furthest each time.

Some tweaking of the daily/event footballs or the league awards will be needed for non-spenders (or minimal spenders like me) to complete the building.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I had only used a few footballs until today, waiting for a daily prize that I actually liked. I had over 7500 footballs, and the WW shrink kit isn't bad, so I decided to spend the 150 diamonds on the good coach. I ended up with 17 shrink kits (hit the x2 a couple of times for these), about 200 FP, 2 contestant estates and a bunch of AH destined stuff.

The bad news though, is despite having the extra yardage, I now have only 7 treasury upgrades. I'll get one for finishing the quests, but there is no way I'll get the final one unless I end up in Silver League (doubtful) with the remaining footballs that will be available. My next touchdown reward is a SoK, so I need two more touchdowns for the last upgrade and I'm only on the 30 yard line. This is with me almost entirely ignoring the prizes and just choosing the option that advanced the furthest each time.

Some tweaking of the daily/event footballs or the league awards will be needed for non-spenders (or minimal spenders like me) to complete the building.

Furthest isn't best. Furthest/football spent is. And especially with +1 yard from coach, that's actually the shortest plays.

The numbers with the diamond coach (sorted from most yard efficient to least)
Player​
Footballs​
Yards​
Special Chance​
Yd Efficiency​
Sp Efficiency​
Anthony “Resources”​
41​
5​
10.00%​
0.1220​
0.0024​
Scott “Medals”​
48​
5​
10.00%​
0.1042​
0.0021​
Kyle “Units”​
49​
5​
10.00%​
0.1020​
0.0020​
Samuel “Fragments”​
60​
6​
13.00%​
0.1000​
0.0022​
Greg “SU”​
62​
6​
13.00%​
0.0968​
0.0021​
Noah “Buildings”​
74​
7​
15.00%​
0.0946​
0.0020​
Carlos “BP”​
64​
6​
13.00%​
0.0938​
0.0020​
Brad “Boost”​
76​
7​
15.00%​
0.0921​
0.0020​
Isaac “Mil Boost”​
78​
7​
15.00%​
0.0897​
0.0019​
Justin “FP”​
101​
8​
17.00%​
0.0792​
0.0017​
Ryan “SB”​
104​
8​
17.00%​
0.0769​
0.0016​
Bryan “Rush”​
105​
8​
17.00%​
0.0762​
0.0016​

If you were always choosing the furthest you probably missed out on about a third of the yardage possible, as well as some specials as those follow roughly the same order.

kaymedic

Marquis
Nice change for the olympic treasury!

But what are the changes for the coaches? The tooltips at least are the same.

DeletedUser10315

Thank you for the fix on the grand prize, personally I'm not a fighter so I didnt really mind but I'm glad I'm playing a game, whose creators listen to their players, so thank you for that.

What I would like to see in the event, is to have the Colossus Selection Kit as the daily special after the 25'th quest which give us 1400 footballs, this way those of us who started playing in 2019 can get a max level Colossus.
Thank you again for this awesome event.

CrashBoom

Legend
What I would like to see in the event, is to have the Colossus Selection Kit as the daily special after the 25'th quest which give us 1400 footballs, this way those of us who started playing in 2019 can get a max level Colossus.
at the beginning: no problem (it was on the 4th day)

because quest 25 is part of the rush quests which can be done on the first day :rolleyes: