• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

qaccy

Emperor
Unless the Tactician's Tower is also available at some point, it's likely that the upgrades are available in error. That, or Inno wants to give players the opportunity to flood their inventories with upgrades for Towers they probably don't have...

jtrucker

Baronet
Unless the Tactician's Tower is also available at some point, it's likely that the upgrades are available in error. That, or Inno wants to give players the opportunity to flood their inventories with upgrades for Towers they probably don't have...
In a theory it might be that people have these towers from the winter event and don't have enough upgrades. I don't have extra tower on beta, but seeing the upgrade here, i'll try to get more of those towers now in winter event on live and will try for the upgrades in forge bowl.
Unless - as you pointed out - it is a mistake and it will be gone. So we'll see. Hope the mods or devs could answer this question...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The order on beta is often scrambled so that we can't predict it on live. I wouldn't be surprised to see the base show up later.

DeletedUser1418

LMAO for Fully upgraded Olympic Treasury...
32% defence for defending army? It's worthless, seriously with the current defending AI. Concider adding 32% attack towards defending army... this is ridiculous

DeletedUser8946

Apart from the defending bonus, lets talk about the other bonuses at lvl 10.
You get 8 Forge points and 25 goods 4x3
Abandoned Asylum gives 20 goods and 11 forge points. 5x5
Winter Spire gives 15 goods and 6 forge points. 4x4
Crow's Nest can give 50 foods, 12 forge points (not to mention the diamond) 5x5
Winter Train (Charcoal) gives 15 goods and 5 forge points (plus 20% attackpower) 3x7
Winter Train (evergreen) gives 10 goods and 8 forge points (10% coin boost)
Winter train (sleighride) gives 20 goods and 4 forge points (12% supply boost)
+the trains you can attach. 3x2

These are the recent event buildings. If Olympic treasury is added to the mix, it's pretty much a boost in goods and forge points only to second to Crow's Nest numbers (not the value imo)

When was the last time someone attacked you and you were able to defend and not get plundered? what happens IF you get plundered.
You can have any amount of Defense boost, and someone will have an attack boost even 1% more than your Defense and you'll lose... that's especially true if you consider the amount of Attack boost people are putting in their cities with the coming of BGs.

I don't really need the goods from my age (I have more than 20k each)
I have a lot of fps income (like 600+ daily) but you can never have enough fps in this game.
The only scenario that I put this in my city is IF I have extra space that I cannot put another cherry garden...
It's a nice boost in terms of goods and fps but for defending, I'm not spending any diamonds for another level 10 or so..

Feanor II

Baronet
Apart from the defending bonus, lets talk about the other bonuses at lvl 10.
You get 8 Forge points and 25 goods 4x3
Abandoned Asylum gives 20 goods and 11 forge points. 5x5
Winter Spire gives 15 goods and 6 forge points. 4x4
Crow's Nest can give 50 foods, 12 forge points (not to mention the diamond) 5x5
Winter Train (Charcoal) gives 15 goods and 5 forge points (plus 20% attackpower) 3x7
Winter Train (evergreen) gives 10 goods and 8 forge points (10% coin boost)
Winter train (sleighride) gives 20 goods and 4 forge points (12% supply boost)
+the trains you can attach. 3x2

These are the recent event buildings. If Olympic treasury is added to the mix, it's pretty much a boost in goods and forge points only to second to Crow's Nest numbers (not the value imo)

When was the last time someone attacked you and you were able to defend and not get plundered? what happens IF you get plundered.
You can have any amount of Defense boost, and someone will have an attack boost even 1% more than your Defense and you'll lose... that's especially true if you consider the amount of Attack boost people are putting in their cities with the coming of BGs.

I don't really need the goods from my age (I have more than 20k each)
I have a lot of fps income (like 600+ daily) but you can never have enough fps in this game.
The only scenario that I put this in my city is IF I have extra space that I cannot put another cherry garden...
It's a nice boost in terms of goods and fps but for defending, I'm not spending any diamonds for another level 10 or so..
I agree with you 100%. This is pretty much what I've been trying to say, but I think you've done a better job expressing the analysis than I did. It's not that the building is bad in its present form; my intention is to tweak my roads and/or move some stuff around so that I can take Winter Spire out and put Olympic Treasury in its place. But it doesn't really add anything to my city so it's not worth spending diamonds/money on. There is no shortage of ways to change this but I doubt they'll do anything :(

The more I think about it, the more I think the idea of making the goods produced be of the previous age is the best way to go. Trading down is always difficult, and with GBG it's more important than ever to have some previous-era goods coming on. In addition, it's something new that we've never had before so there's a sales "hook" of novelty, but still the goods/square are low enough that it doesn't unbalance relative to Stargazer, and even keeps with the theme of the building. Would love to see them make that change!

DeletedUser8743

I agree with you 100%. This is pretty much what I've been trying to say, but I think you've done a better job expressing the analysis than I did. It's not that the building is bad in its present form; my intention is to tweak my roads and/or move some stuff around so that I can take Winter Spire out and put Olympic Treasury in its place. But it doesn't really add anything to my city so it's not worth spending diamonds/money on. There is no shortage of ways to change this but I doubt they'll do anything :(

The more I think about it, the more I think the idea of making the goods produced be of the previous age is the best way to go. Trading down is always difficult, and with GBG it's more important than ever to have some previous-era goods coming on. In addition, it's something new that we've never had before so there's a sales "hook" of novelty, but still the goods/square are low enough that it doesn't unbalance relative to Stargazer, and even keeps with the theme of the building. Would love to see them make that change!
I'd prefer if it did 15 current age goods and 15 previous age goods.

DeletedUser10346

Olympic Treasury is 4x5 not 3x4, still a pretty good building, way better than a Terrace Farm, even if the defense bonus didn't exist.
It IS true that it could have been an attack boost to attacking or something else, but that's what we got.
I still like the Treasury pretty much.
Regards

DeletedUser9263

Why has the event not started on mobile yet? With a 20 day event, it's not feesable to complete it on time. I have messaged foe support twice and received the answer wait and see. So far the concept for the event seems nice, but the chances of me completing the event is slim. I have checked for updates daily. Is there something I can do or something that will be released that will add the forge bowl on mobile?

Feanor II

Baronet
Olympic Treasury is 4x5 not 3x4, still a pretty good building, way better than a Terrace Farm, even if the defense bonus didn't exist.
It IS true that it could have been an attack boost to attacking or something else, but that's what we got.
I still like the Treasury pretty much.
Regards
If it was 3x4 all of the bonuses would be "/12" rather than "/20" to get efficiencies/square, and obviously then it would be an awesome building. But I think the chances of reducing it in size (especially by 40%) are even less than the odds of reversing the bonus to def% boost for attacking army.
I'd prefer if it did 15 current age goods and 15 previous age goods.
Well, the simpler it is the more likely it is to be implemented. Still extremely unlikely, but more likely if it only changes one thing instead of 2. Plus I admit I'd prefer to just have it be one age, just easier to work with in city planning.

It strikes me that actually it's a unique sales situation. I know for a fact that I'm far from the only SA:M player who tremendously regrets upping event buildings to SA:M. Every other SA:M player I talk to about it seems to feel the same, and SA:M players are most likely to be big spenders. So what Inno has here is a large percentage of their paying clientele with a particular frustration that they can offer a product for without unbalancing the game. Plus, I think we all learned our lesson and won't repeat it with SA:C. So the demand for a means to get previous-era goods among spending players will probably never be higher than it is right now, at least not without unbalancing other aspects of the game. Strike while the iron's hot Inno!

DeletedUser1418

4 years ago, since then every attacking army can defeat even 1000% defence for defending army power thanks to the weak AI used in city defence.

qaccy

Emperor
4 years ago, since then every attacking army can defeat even 1000% defence for defending army power thanks to the weak AI used in city defence.

Not entirely true. I've had attackers fail against my defense all the way up to SAM and my defense bonus isn't even at 400% yet. I'm not defending the AI, but it's definitely possible to successfully defend by switching up your defense regularly so the attacker can't send in the perfect army to beat you.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Not all players are in the space age.
Not all players have 80 neighbors with a 1000% bonus.
In the middle of the game, with a correct defense, 90% of the attackers are blocked.
It is enough to be attractive and some players choose to defend.
This must remain a possibility and these players must have defensive bonuses, as the attackers have offensive bonuses.

It is therefore normal that certain event buildings give this defensive bonus.

previous era goods might sound attractive now to someone in mars age, but how attractive will they be when the next age is out and all of a sudden the previous era that people wanted becomes mars age?

Feanor II

Baronet
previous era goods might sound attractive now to someone in mars age, but how attractive will they be when the next age is out and all of a sudden the previous era that people wanted becomes mars age?
Well, eventually there will probably be a need. Everyone needs previous-era eventually

My larger point is that it does something other buildings don't. It adds something new to the city.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Except it doesn't do something other buildings don't. You can have event buildings make previous era goods, just don't upgrade them after you move up. While GBG amplified the need for it, it's been relevant since ~Arctic Future.

Now a 1-down kit to setup buildings newly won or to fix the mistake of those who were in a rush to get mars goods when it was first out, I could get behind that. But to restrict an event building to always being age-1 seems an unnecessary limitation.

DeletedUser1418

Not all players are in the space age.
Note here that space age is only ½year active... Before space age 1000% was still weak against high attack value. Simple fact is 1000% defence for defenders is worthless in game with current AI used in city defence. If you dont give defenders attacking power, the defenders are issued with peashooters instead of guns. It became a problem ever since zeus, DdM and CoA were nerved and removed from the city defence. So now Inno figured hey, something extra we can "sell"... This is just unfair towards the players who started of in 2012 in favor of newish players... In the end, we will be deleteting GB's since these event buildings are more profitable.

DeletedUser9265

Found a Bug at Quest 22

It says "Pay 24 Electromagnets" or "Pay 30 Renewable Resources"

I don't have enough EMs and want to pay the RR, but the game keeps telling me, that I don't have enough RR. But as you can see in the Screenshot, I do have enough! I don't think this is intended? Please fix this.
Resources.JPG

BTW I don't like Quests which forces you to pay Resources. Please change them to something different or give a better alternative than pay these or that Resources.