• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

6zeva9

Baronet
Please contact Support if you are in Bronze Age and unable to complete this quest.
My neighbour did yesterday and was told that the Quest 65 could not be completed for them, so they could not proceed to get the next 5 Quest, They were however thanked for highlighting the issue.
EDIT: Just had a call from my neighbour, Would like to thank Dudettas for going the extra mile and having the quest completed, after they had completed the only part that they could.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
WHY ?? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

This look simple. Simply consider your wrong doing and correct it !

You have tried to make people click on the 2995 diamonds button viciously, i.e. making them believe that they have won something they do not have.
The weakest ones will be tempted to buy these things only because they thought they had won and finally will not want to lose them by buying them.
This is extremely vicious !!

Your treachery have been discovered. Simply acknowledge you will correct this !
You should learn to choose your words more carefully. One might come to the conclusion that what you write is slander, which is prohibited not only by forum rules but also punishable by law in most (western) countries...

DeletedUser10315

WHY ?? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

This look simple. Simply consider your wrong doing and correct it !

You have tried to make people click on the 2995 diamonds button viciously, i.e. making them believe that they have won something they do not have.
The weakest ones will be tempted to buy these things only because they thought they had won and finally will not want to lose them by buying them.
This is extremely vicious !!

Your treachery have been discovered. Simply acknowledge you will correct this !
You should learn to choose your words more carefully. One might come to the conclusion that what you write is slander, which is prohibited not only by forum rules but also punishable by law in most (western) countries...

He's right you know...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
He's right you know...
With what?

Inno may have made a very bad design choice - I am with you in that regard and I already gave my suggestion for improving on it.

Insinuating or suggesting that Inno did that on purpose to trick people is not a cool move though.

Besides that, I doubt that any clearly thinking player would fall for such a rouse even if it was intentionally, especially if the "diamonds are used warning" is in place.

Feanor II

Baronet
To complement the discussion, I can indicate that it is what I personally felt when considering myself in front of this 2995 diamond button.
"No they can not do that. I do not beliveve it. [swearing removed here]"

You're so shocked that an entertainment company would charge a price to enjoy their services? How do you think Innogames pays their staff, maintains their servers, etc? When you go to a movie do you say "No they can not do that. I do not beliveve it[sic]" when they ask for your credit card? Especially absurd given that they're letting see you the movie for free, you just have to pay if you want popcorn to go with it. And they're not being dishonest about the price or product. It's literally "here's the added benefit to the free thing, here's the price, do you want it?" and you're blowing a gasket about it being a "scam", "extremely vicious", and "treachery". I'm sorry, but that's how a market economy (and more broadly, barter systems in general) work. Entity A offers a good/service at a given price and Entity B decides if they accept the terms or not. You don't have to perform the transaction if you don't want to. If the 2995 diamond charge was somehow hidden and intended to deceive that might be something to discuss, but it's been staring you right in the face since the Event started. In addition, if you have criticism of the Event, the sort of overheated rhetoric you're using is not helpful. Lay out a constructive criticism, supported by facts/analysis to support your position, as well as how the problem can be remedied, with additional analysis showing that your solution will resolve the aforementioned problem.

That said, I do agree strongly with one issue-that Inno's silence is deafening. I know the moderators are passing along feedback (presumably the "cliffnotes" version), but the fact that the people actually engineering the product flat-out refuse to interact with their own testers is rather appalling. When the company I work for sends out new products (which is frequently) we always have extensive follow-ups. Our business is smaller than Innogames, yet we still manage to find time for one of our engineering staff to have conversations with the customers testing our product before it gets released large-scale. We work with our customers to record what's good, what's bad, and how any issues can be resolved. The reason is very simple-it's the best way to ensure a good product that will make a profit for us. This should be especially true for an entertainment company that is selling an experience rather than a tangible good as the company I work at does. When you sell an experience but won't interact with the people experiencing it, that's a severe communication breakdown that never leads to anything good. Many entertainment-service companies spend substantial amounts of money on focus groups to solicit what their audiences are looking for, test reactions, get feedback, what's good, what's bad, etc. They have staffs of researchers who spend all day, every day talking to customers and potential customers. Innogames has a free focus group of people who enjoy their product and want to help by providing constructive feedback, both what's good and what should be improved, and they can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes interacting. I don't know what their rationale for this is (after all, there's no communication); I just know that if I conducted follow-ups to new products the way Inno does my boss would fire me for gross negligence.

Emberguard

Emperor
The instructions do state you'd need to uncover all 9 to get the best deal. They're not hiding the fact you're only getting the revealed prizes.

However two ways come to mind for improving clarity of what is meant:

(1) reword it from this:
Collect Reindeer by winning the Daily Special. Each Reindeer will uncover a hidden offer. Claim all 9 items together to get the best deal!
to something like this:
Collect Reindeer by winning the Daily Special. Each Reindeer unlocks a item which is added to offer. Claim all 9 items together to get the best deal!

(2) put a big red X over each of the reindeer you still need to find. That way anyone that skims over the wording or doesn't realise from the wording will have a much stronger visual at a glance

mdlsoares

Merchant
Hi
Does anyone thought in a good way to display the train plus the cars? In some events you post some sketches of sets to be as much efficient as possible.

Emberguard

Emperor
Hi
Does anyone thought in a good way to display the train plus the cars? In some events you post some sketches of sets to be as much efficient as possible.
The most efficient placement is having the road only touching the front of the train.

This would lend itself to one of two scenarios.
(1) sandwiched inbetween other buildings. Pretend the Ship is the Train and all those sunken treasure and sleighbuilders are the cars
1574350245998.png

(2) Along the edge of the city with other buildings in front of it, (hopefully this conveys it enough that only one point of contact is needed on the train)
1574350437074.png

master be

Farmer
please change your wordings about reindeer sleigh, i was so hiped to finish it and then disovered it's just a "promess" deal, waste of efforts.

mdlsoares

Merchant
The most efficient placement is having the road only touching the front of the train.

This would lend itself to one of two scenarios.
(1) sandwiched inbetween other buildings. Pretend the Ship is the Train and all those sunken treasure and sleighbuilders are the cars

(2) Along the edge of the city with other buildings in front of it, (hopefully this conveys it enough that only one point of contact is needed on the train)
Thank you for your kindness!

CrashBoom

Legend
I think they will simply remove the reindeer before the live release

and nobody can't complain about it
(except the ones who will complain about things that are not there)

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I am totally amazed that so obvious need for a change mentioned for days have no answer and no corrective action from FOE. It should be a priority for them to clean their image, is not it ?

Really surprised in the bad way.
This should corrected before the event end on the beta so that those who like me and master be invested time in this get something without having to pay diamonds for it.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you feel that we haven't responded in a timely manner. Please don't think that your feedback is not being listened to, but it should also be noted that we can't respond to all players concerns and react accordingly to each individual request.

The Reindeer is a new mechanic being tested and is a payable addition to the Grand Prize that you have already been completed. This has received lots of feedback on how it is presented, the cost, the items available, and how it was described in the announcement.

Our role on Beta is to provide constructive feedback on the Event, which doesn't necessarily mean that it will be changed on Beta before reaching the Live Servers, nor that all of the feedback provided will be implemented in to the event before it reaches the Live Servers. Our Forum feedback is not always representative of what the players are doing in game for example. This does not devalue your feedback here, the feedback from our Community is both very valuable and very important to us.

If you have inadvertently purchased the Reindeer, and didn't intend to, then we would recommend that you contact the Support Team to see if there is anything we can do.

DeletedUser7624

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you feel that we haven't responded in a timely manner. Please don't think that your feedback is not being listened to, but it should also be noted that we can't respond to all players concerns and react accordingly to each individual request.

The Reindeer is a new mechanic being tested and is a payable addition to the Grand Prize that you have already been completed. This has received lots of feedback on how it is presented, the cost, the items available, and how it was described in the announcement.

Our role on Beta is to provide constructive feedback on the Event, which doesn't necessarily mean that it will be changed on Beta before reaching the Live Servers, nor that all of the feedback provided will be implemented in to the event before it reaches the Live Servers. Our Forum feedback is not always representative of what the players are doing in game for example. This does not devalue your feedback here, the feedback from our Community is both very valuable and very important to us.

If you have inadvertently purchased the Reindeer, and didn't intend to, then we would recommend that you contact the Support Team to see if there is anything we can do.
Finally some answer from management side. Most of us do understand that beta is place for test. Thing is - we provide lots of feedback and that's it end of story. No "Thank you" , no "Back off" no nothing. And this makes us nervous a bit, you know

vakini

Squire
Its not only the train you plunder, but when you plunder the train, you also get FP´s and goods from waggons :(

Feanor II

Baronet
Respectfully, this would make sense if there were a dozen different issues raised per day; then a "we just can't get to them all" approach would seem valid. But this thread is nearing a month old, and virtually all feedback of things to be improved are focused on two things-the cars are unbalanced (many have made this point; I've shown the math on it from every possible perspective) and the Reindeer concept seems to be confusing. Two issues at hand for a month-long event and can't even get a status update on either? This is absurd and defeats the whole purpose of "beta-testing" in the first place! I'm an electrical engineer not a software engineer, but I do have friends in that field and some amateurish experience. When you beta-test something you're supposed to have the software designers constantly nitpicking every little thing that's reported. Inno won't even acknowledge and work with testers on TWO things and had nearly a month to do it?! As I said previously, if I showed that mind-boggling level of disregard for a product development project I was involved in my boss would chew me up and spit me out (metaphorically speaking).

I've repeatedly defended Inno on this, but at a certain point it's futile. Perhaps in the announcement you can put it in giant bold letters or something? Even so, there WILL be complaints. It doesn't matter how large, bold, etc. you make it, there will always be people who don't read the directions before using the product, then throw a tantrum because they came across something they don't like or don't understand because they didn't read the directions. Incorporating a pay-for-prize feature and hoping no one gets upset (regardless of how clear the directions are) is like spitting into the wind and hoping you don't get wet.

I'm not saying everything on the Forum should be implemented, but some form of feedback to these suggestions and an active back-and-forth would be beneficial for both the developers who want to make as large a profit as possible and the players who want to play as great a game as possible. We both want the same thing; we're both working towards the same goal-for the entertainment experience provided by the Event to be good enough that people spend money on it when it goes live.

I understand not interacting on the Live Forums; once it gets there the die is cast and it's too late to go back anyway, unless they want to do it in the middle of a live event, which is obviously not ideal. But again this is the "beta-testing" forum! This is supposed to be the place where players and developers work together to deal with everything before it goes live and people decide whether or not to spend money on it, which is of course the ultimate test.

If we cut out all the baloney and go straight to the heart of the issue, Innogames is an entertainment company, the same as a sports team or a film company. They don't sell a good, they sell a service. It's the only entertainment company I've ever encountered in which the consumer literally says "this is how you take my money, my credit card is in my hand and I'm willing to use it" and they can't be bothered to even acknowledge it.

DeletedUser10315

People, why do we even bother posting reply after reply here, the system is not a democracy. Doesn't matter if all the beta and live servers come together and protest this event, at the end it all comes down to those two dudes who dress up before each event, and what they decide about the matter.

Moderator note: Edited to remove insults

Last edited by a moderator:

Feanor II

Baronet
People, why do we even bother posting reply after reply here, the system is not a democracy. Doesn't matter if all the beta and live servers come together and protest this event, at the end it all comes down to those two dudes who dress up before each event, and what they decide about the matter.

Well, in all fairness it's a private company so it is in a sense a dictatorship in that they hold absolute power over the content. I don't question that. What I do question is the wisdom of a business paradigm in which the people who develop an entertainment product refuse to interact with their own test audience. I've never heard of an entertainment company doing this. Either use the focus group or don't have it. Convening a test audience and then refusing to work with them in advance of the larger product rollout makes no sense to me. That's what they (we) are there for!

Last edited by a moderator: