• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser10372

I don't think pairing incident quest with antiques dealer quest is fair for players below EMA. Out of all the quests, players have the least control over incident, and can only compensate by collecting less or no incidents (assuming they're active). Now this is forced upon players below EMA...not fair, I say!

soo main Train is 7x3, each car is 3x2, lets say i get 4x 2FPs cars, than it have a size of 7x3 plus 6x4 21+24 = 45,
thats more than 7x6, for 20% attack, 13 FPs and 15 goods
the Asylum (size 5x5), gives 24% attack, 11 FPs and 20 goods

i'm sorry, but i guess i will pass on those cars

Yeah, cars are kinda weak. If you look at car that gives attack, it is in same size as altar of artemis and altar gives more attack and FP on top of that. And you have to put car at specific location to work with the train which makes it even worse. I am not building it in present state either. At least now I know that I dont have to save any diamonds for winter event and can use all of them on another asylum. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser6838

I've got a question: Does a single renokit renovate the whole train including the cars or I need one for the train and one per car (especially the freight car)?

DeletedUser9685

Usually, you have to use a renokit for each part of a set, if the part is not independent form the age. In view of the boni of the cars, I think that one kit for each car will be necessary.

DeletedUser9685

It would have been great, if the train system ran directly on roads, meaning the tracks with the train and cars would simply replace the roads (or put on top of them) such that no additional space is necessary. Maybe an idea for next year? ;)

But with these gigantic dimension and the present boni there seems to be no real benefit compared to other event buildings. Thus, it really seems to be a little weak without amendments. :(

DeletedUser10373

are the cars able to be placed all around the winter train and give their bonus or do they only give their bonus, when they are placed right at the trains end?

DeletedUser9685

"the train receives it's Chain Ability bonus when you attach the cars to the back of the Winter Train. Not only that, you can attach as many cars as you can fit to the back of the Winter Train to reap the benefits of even more bonuses. Each car adds up!"

As far as I understand this, you have to build the train along the track, i.e. side positions are not possible. This is supported by the description of the train.

tmp.JPG
According to "back" (compare announcement), even an arrangement along the tracks in front position is NOT possible, further limiting the position of the train and its cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
the train receives it's Chain Ability bonus when you attach the cars to the back of the Winter Train. Not only that, you can attach as many cars as you can fit to the back of the Winter Train to reap the benefits of even more bonuses. Each car adds up!

Interesting. Did the description change? Somehow I was of the understanding that you could also attach to the front. I think I also saw two chain positions in the game files - will have to check later what I have seen there...

Feanor II

Baronet
Yeah, cars are kinda weak. If you look at car that gives attack, it is in same size as altar of artemis and altar gives more attack and FP on top of that. And you have to put car at specific location to work with the train which makes it even worse. I am not building it in present state either. At least now I know that I dont have to save any diamonds for winter event and can use all of them on another asylum. :)

Just to play devil's advocate, the Altar of Artemis is a 5-level building, the dining car is just a basic one-level, albeit in a set. I think a better comparison would be to single-level buildings like the Checkmate Square, which means it still has to be upgraded!

It's a good set, they just need to tweak the math on the Dining Car to bring them into line with other buildings in terms of efficiency. Right now replacing even weaker buildings like Carousels (compared to the Checkmate Square/Botanical Rotunda that we can get from the Antique Dealer) with Dining Cars is trading a dollar for 75 cents. To make it worth it, we need the ability to at the very least trade a dollar for a dollar.

Last edited:

LordVaderIII

Marquis
"the train receives it's Chain Ability bonus when you attach the cars to the back of the Winter Train. Not only that, you can attach as many cars as you can fit to the back of the Winter Train to reap the benefits of even more bonuses. Each car adds up!"

As far as I understand this, you have to build the train along the track, i.e. side positions are not possible. This is supported by the description of the train.

View attachment 4352
According to "back" (compare announcement), even an arrangement along the tracks in front position is NOT possible, further limiting the position of the train and its cars.
I tested this and, yes, you must put the cars at the back of the train. No sharing of cars between trains.

DeletedUser10346

This is confusing:
55c5637c8049f3afaf71237e94632c27.png

What am I getting when I complete the 17/20?
Regards

DeletedUser9548

Maybe 2995 diamonds is for the entire set. I understand it to mean when you have collected the entire set, then you can choose which item to pay for. But I believe you shouldn't have to pay for choosing one item. I don't think Inno would do that to us, would they?

Hey everyone, take a look at what Fandom typed for Quest 30. Collect 3(EMA) incidents OR Contribute 35(EMA) FPs to GBs. I think Fandom made a mistake by inserting (EMA).

I, along with Lady Valma, like trains. This train set in my city will bring back wonderful memories of riding them from NYC to California, and placing them around the bottom of the Christmas tree. Give a raise to the game devs that game up with the idea of a Winter Event offering a Train set as a reward. I love it!

P.S. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the more trains you connect to the locomotive, the longer the train gets, and that means you'll need more land expansions to build it. Noooo!

Feanor II

Baronet
Maybe 2995 diamonds is for the entire set. I don't think Inno would do that to us, would they? I understand it to mean when you have collected the entire set, then you can choose which item to pay for. But I believe you shouldn't have to pay for choosing one item.
You don't, 2995 buys all the things currently in the array. That's why they say it gives you the best deal to gather 9 reindeer first; you get most for your money.

I, along with Lady Valma, like trains. This train set in my city will bring back wonderful memories of riding them from NYC to California, and placing them around the bottom of the Christmas tree. Give a raise to the game devs that game up with the idea of a Winter Event offering a Train set as a reward. I love it!
Agree, love the concept! They just need to adjust the Dining Car to make it line up efficiency-wise.

P.S. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the more trains you connect to the locomotive, the longer the train gets, and that means you'll need more land expansions to build it. Noooo!
Preach! They're releasing new events (with their attendant event buildings) much quicker than new ages/expansions, and it's creating a glut.

DeletedUser10038

I was supposed to get a tacticians tower for my movement along the rails today, but I just got a wishing well...