• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

conqueror9

Regent
Map should display name of each sector, it will allow player to go to find sector directly without going into sector to check

It seems to me, negotation and attack are different queue. From my experience, when i see an enemy that I cannot beat with my soldier with current penalty. No chance to win. Then I have select to do negotiation. After getting through with negotiation ( tons of goods is used ), my next enemy are exactly the same, even further negotiation also give future enemy are exactly the same. This should not happen, i am doing negotiation for the enemy I cannot handle, not negotiation for a unknown enemy which my soldier may be able to handle. Please review

It is better to add a "battle-ground chat", only inside "battle-ground". Guild member can communicate between each other. Or bring "guild-chat" into "battle-ground".

If possible, add a line at the bottom showing who (guild members) are login "battle-ground"

conqueror9

Regent
Map should display name of each sector, it will allow player to go to find sector directly without going into sector to check

It seems to me, negotation and attack are different queue. From my experience, when i see an enemy that I cannot beat with my soldier with current penalty. No chance to win. Then I have select to do negotiation. After getting through with negotiation ( tons of goods is used ), my next enemy are exactly the same, even further negotiation also give future enemy are exactly the same. This should not happen, i am doing negotiation for the enemy I cannot handle, not negotiation for a unknown enemy which my soldier may be able to handle. Please review

It is better to add a "battle-ground chat", only inside "battle-ground". Guild member can communicate between each other. Or bring "guild-chat" into "battle-ground".

If possible, add a line at the bottom showing who (guild members) are login "battle-ground"

DeletedUser9218

As was said before - the displayed chest is misleading. Inactive guilds do not get rewards at all - instead they will get a message like the one below...
index.php

if there it is, then what is this :
Annotation 2019-10-08 074422.png

DeletedUser8304

Having just completed the new guild battleground, I feel that the investment in troops and resources was significant as we tried to hold our provinces from relentless attacks. The personal rewards are minor compared to GE and is a major deterrent for players.

Towards the end as the higher placed guild become stronger, we were unable to retain our provinces.

The flags worked well, and guild power reward was good. However, most players are looking for a better return on their investment and new guild battleground does not deliver.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The guild that got the reward in question barely did anything at all, but got the rewards, as well as remained in the gold league. Their ranking also jumped from 50 or so to 20 something
Unless you give me more details, I can only assume that they did not do nothing (they probably had at least some VP or maybe even held a province at the end). That they remained in gold is fine and totally within what Inno described - they will probably be demoted to silver next time round then or the one after that if they keep placing lower half/bottom of the league... That their ranking jumped to 20 probably is just the prestige bonus for being in gold league - if they continue to do badly they will drop in ranking again...

Also how do you know, they got the rewards?

If they indeed did nothing (had 0 VP in the end) - that would have to be considered a bug then I suppose...

It might as well be a proper strategy to do barely anything in one Battleground and go all in in the next one - you will retain your league, save on resources and still get close to full rewards...

EDIT: back to the comment about reducing the reward based on the overall VP gained in the BG... I would not consider that a good approach, as your reward then mainly depend on what the others do, not on what you do and two guilds bringing in the same effort (and both placing 2nd) would get different results just because their Place 1 performed a) barely better than P2 or b) significantly better than P2...

Last edited:
As was said before - the displayed chest is misleading. Inactive guilds do not get rewards at all - instead they will get a message like the one below...
index.php

Hello!
I got this message also. We ended up top 1 guild and we held majority of the continent! Why was our guild considered inactive?
I also got the fragments in my bag after BG finished. So what reward did we not get then??

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Hello!
I got this message also. We ended up top 1 guild and we held majority of the continent! Why was our guild considered inactive?
that one was just a visual bug... just reload and go into the GBG building - the correct chest should now be displayed

podkap1970

Emperor
It's not plunderable. It also does not require motivation. All of its production outputs can also be doubled by the Blue Galaxy.
i still hope the stats are not final yet, the goods which goes into a black hole for higher era players (no one needs them in the guild treasury) should go into my goods inventory
or give us 1-2-3 units each day instead of those goods to guild treasury

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
i still hope the stats are not final yet, the goods which goes into a black hole for higher era players (no one needs them in the guild treasury) should go into my goods inventory
or give us 1-2-3 units each day instead of those goods to guild treasury
Current development version of it is complete (as opposed to on day 1 when it was only producing coin and forge points, it now has its treasury goods and guild power). Cannot say if the balancing of the stats will or will not undergo changes.

DeletedUser7817

Hope that the new buildings for sectors will have a major impact and can make the difference in strategy. They are very important and I wish that we'll be seeing them in the next season :)

DeletedUser10039

A possible solution the the lack of fragments, and the lack of a big difference between top and bottom of a league, and that people are asking for fragments to be a bonus for those players who participate often within their guild, could be:

Random encounters reward a fragment like we currently get a FP reward with encounters at the moment. This would mean that the more activity you personally help with the more fragments you could gain over and above the guild reward. Or something like every 10th action (fight or negotiate) you get 1 fragment.

DeletedUser8939

If the platinum player faces gold, how many advances will platinum cost and how many advances will gold cost in the province?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Hope that the new buildings for sectors will have a major impact and can make the difference in strategy. They are very important and I wish that we'll be seeing them in the next season :)
You can have a sneak peak here...
https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_Battlegrounds#Province_Buildings

Info is from the game files though, so they might change at any time...

If the platinum player faces gold, how many advances will platinum cost and how many advances will gold cost in the province?
Do you mean, how many advancements the gold league guilds will need when fighting in the platinum battleground? I assume the same amount as the platinum guild... would be 130

DeletedUser8939

¿Quieres decir nuestros avances necesitarán los gremios de la liga de oro para luchar en el campo de batalla de platino? Supongo que la misma cantidad que el gremio de platino ... sería 130 [/ CITA]

DeletedUser8939

Utilizo un traductor.
¿Entiendo que los gremios de oro pueden elegir la pelea de liga en el platino?