• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

DeletedUser9193

Please leave any feedback on the new feature Guild Battlegrounds in this thread.
You can find the details here.
Same old story - Already most of all the sectors have been taken over by one Guild with members way above our ages - NOT very even a fair start - NOT going to do GVG

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Same old story - Already most of all the sectors have been taken over by one Guild with members way above our ages - NOT very even a fair start - NOT going to do GVG
Hm.. so either you have been matched into a league way to high or the other guild was matched into a guild way too low... that will already be way better in the next season.

The single guild will not be able to hold all these sectors if more than one opponent work against them. And who cares - if you can get 2nd place with holding a single province for a couple hours at times that is fine as well - less effort for you and almost the same benefits as place 1...

podkap1970

Emperor
I like that the Statue of honor now produces guild power.

the goods are kinda bad, noone needs that, with all those highlvl Arc's
and they are only used for GE (the last era goods at least)

you need to remove the +goods on this Statue of Honor, or
instead of the guild gets those goods, give me the goods, because i use my own goods to negoatiate for the guild!

the goods in the guild treasury are lost ...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster

instead of the guild gets those goods, give me the goods, because i use my own goods to negoatiate for the guild!

Did I miss the context? Why exactly are you quoting me?

The Lady Ann

Baronet

love that it now produces guild power

don't think you can dismiss the goods till we see what the requirements are for the defence buildings

In.My.ConTroL

Inhouse Community Manager

[...] that will already be way better in the next season.

Precisely. That's how beelzebob666 said. If you easily beat your first Battleground, it should not happen in the next ones, as your guild is supposed to face stronger guilds from that point and on. The same applies for the other way around, so take the first battleground as a 'calibrating' round to split the guilds into the categories they belong currently.

Fenix

Viceroy
A question. In the third round, how many guilds will change categories and how? the loser in the higher is demoted and the winner of the lowest is promoted?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
A question. In the third round, how many guilds will change categories and how? the loser in the higher is demoted and the winner of the lowest is promoted?
not quite... As I understood @The Envoy :

According to your standing in the league you will gain positive or negative "league progress" (the further from the middle placement you are the higher the amount). When your "league process" (after one or after several battlegrounds) gets negative beyond a certain threshold you will go down a league and if your "league process" reaches a certain positiv threshold your guild will go up in league.

Considering the participation might be quite fluctuent, I imagine, the thresholds might be set dynamically depending on how full/empty the respective leagues currently are.

DeletedUser9859

Thanks for the name change of the provinces. So now we can specify the quadrant and the ring with the coordinates A1-D4 and then the specific sector with the first letter of its name. Like for the fourth ring they go clockwise from A to H and on the third ring from V to Z. But the second ring is not consistent. There it goes (clockwise)
A2T -> A2N -> B2R -> B2S -> C2C -> C2M -> D2S -> D2M.
In my opinion it would be easier to memorize if it would be consistent as well, like
A2R -> A2S -> B2R -> B2S -> C2R -> C2S -> D2R -> D2S.
Which letters to use is obviously up for you. But it may also be easier to start from A on each ring

DeletedUser9823

my problem with this new battlegrounds is that the prize for comming top of ( in my case copper)league is not that much more than comming 5th so there is no incentive to do well.
we are currently to by along way 6 provinces and 23.399 points and our prize is 13 x stature of honour fragments and 54.600 guild points, 2nd place have 2 provinces and 6.000 points and their reward is: 12 fragments and 47.900 where is the incentive i want at least 5 more fragments and 15,000 more guild points. bottom of the pile at 5th place you get 10 fragments and 40.400 for not even going out of your 1st province. !
make this distibution of prizes between the 1st place 2nd place etc better .
i get the better you do the higher league you get into, but i still think you need a good incentive no matter which league you are in.

DeletedUser8743

I've been quite enjoying Battlegrounds even though the leagues aren't balanced yet. In our Battleground, two guilds haven't done anything and a third 3-member guild has been active but limited. The top guild and probably the 2nd place guild should be in higher leagues. Even so its been reasonably competitive with considerable province turnover. The top guild who has held at least 22 provinces at times currently only holds 5 provinces.

DeletedUser8743

My feedback:
1) Good to hear the guild contributor list is on the to do list. I'd suggest showing successful battles and negotiations separately.
2) Guilds and individuals who aren't active shouldn't get any reward. There should also be a minimum level of activity for guilds and players to receive the full rewards. If the minimum isn't met, they should get a reduced reward based on percentage.
3) Add a countdown timer for the server reset on the attrition window.
4) Provinces that are isolated from the home province should only give half victory points.
5) Be careful with the province buildings. They could negatively impact game play if they make taking provinces too much harder.
6) Don't make significant changes based on this 1st round (e.g. changing battle versus negotiation difficulty). Let the leagues balance out. Let folks burn through some of their excess resources.

6zeva9

Baronet
When the Provinces were renamed did someone add an extra day to the event timer?

Clock currently points to the event finishing at 08:00 on the 7th October and not the 6th

DeletedUser10047

When the Provinces were renamed did someone add an extra day to the event timer?

Clock currently points to the event finishing at 08:00 on the 7th October and not the 6th
The season was always scheduled for 11 days. The announcement was in error in stating 10 days.

DeletedUser9719

Precisely. That's how beelzebob666 said. If you easily beat your first Battleground, it should not happen in the next ones, as your guild is supposed to face stronger guilds from that point and on. The same applies for the other way around, so take the first battleground as a 'calibrating' round to split the guilds into the categories they belong currently.

I do not see how not all start in league copper offers a less good or better calbrage
this just allows some guild who have been favored in league even without playing to get more rewards ... that's all
and unless next week we move from the Copper League to the Diamond League
in 2 months the best guild will still run after this week's score

The season was always scheduled for 11 days. The announcement was in error in stating 10 days.

knowing it's 14 days
it was necessarily 11 days of play and 3 days break or 10 days of play and 4 days break

Last edited by a moderator:

Emm55

Merchant
This new feature is exciting to me. So much hard work went into it. I'd sure like inno to offer an extra turn for negotiations though. I only trade. So, having to pay diamonds so often for GB feels a bit greedy on inno's part. These BG trades seem to be simpler, so don't need the extra turn so often, but it's still off-putting to me. Especially since progress isn't permanent, so I need to constantly spend diamonds. My solution is to do GB negotiations like those in GE by offering extra turns for tavern silver in GB. We need a new way to spend tavern silver anyway. Seems like a great fit to me.
I think inno needs to pull back from so obviously demanding diamonds from us. In GE, I think they got the balance much better. Where I spend some diamonds, but win a fair % of them back. I like GE. As it is, I won't play GB, because of all the diamonds I have to spend. I'd keep the occasional fp rewards because they feel like the right amts to keep me playing GB. It's all the diamonds I need to spend that sinks the whole thing for me.

DeletedUser10047

This new feature is exciting to me. So much hard work went into it. I'd sure like inno to offer an extra turn for negotiations though. I only trade. So, having to pay diamonds so often for GB feels a bit greedy on inno's part. These BG trades seem to be simpler, so don't need the extra turn so often, but it's still off-putting to me. Especially since progress isn't permanent, so I need to constantly spend diamonds. My solution is to do GB negotiations like those in GE by offering extra turns for tavern silver in GB. We need a new way to spend tavern silver anyway. Seems like a great fit to me.
I think inno needs to pull back from so obviously demanding diamonds from us. In GE, I think they got the balance much better. Where I spend some diamonds, but win a fair % of them back. I like GE. As it is, I won't play GB, because of all the diamonds I have to spend. I'd keep the occasional fp rewards because they feel like the right amts to keep me playing GB. It's all the diamonds I need to spend that sinks the whole thing for me.
The solution is to NOT spend diamonds in order to get an extra turn. Which do you have more of - diamonds or goods? You might have diamonds now, but those won't last for long if they are spent taking extra turns to negotiate in Battlegrounds. It's better to just abort and try the negotiation again. Yes, that costs extra goods, but goods are easier to replenish.

Most people, when determining the cost of goods to negotiate in Battlegrounds, take into account that about 1/2 of the negotiations fail. Failures might be a bit less than that, but its a conservative start.