• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

The solution is to NOT spend diamonds in order to get an extra turn
I'm pretty sure this is part of Inno's monetization plan for Battlegrounds. And, looking at some cities, I'm also sure that people are going to spend some tons of diamonds for extra turns, just to be quick.

So, coming back to the proposal, no, I don't think there will be a fourth turn available in the tavern.

qaccy

Emperor
@an inhabitant of carcosa You could assume that, but the same could have been said about GE before we got the extra negotiation turn there. I don't think anyone would have predicted that we'd get that option, so we can't really say whether or not the same will happen here.

bilboman

Merchant
I think that some guilds might like to have the ability to see how much or little some members are participating. There doesn't seem to be any such capability at the moment.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
In Expedition, negotiations are getting harder and harder.
Here, they are simply more and more expensive, the number of possibilities remains the same.
The extra turn is significantly less useful than for Expedition

DeletedUser8743

@an inhabitant of carcosa You could assume that, but the same could have been said about GE before we got the extra negotiation turn there. I don't think anyone would have predicted that we'd get that option, so we can't really say whether or not the same will happen here.
In GE negotiations have up to 10 choices. In Battle Grounds, I haven't seen more than 6 choices. You don't need an extra turn option for 6 choices.

Right.
But besides, what others said about the difficulty: we have no fourth try on DC and the settlement's merchant, neither on Mars.
So, I think it is safe to assume Inno likes the extra tries as diamond sink (I'm totally fine with it, btw).

DeletedUser9719

I'm pretty sure this is part of Inno's monetization plan for Battlegrounds. And, looking at some cities, I'm also sure that people are going to spend some tons of diamonds for extra turns, just to be quick.

the interest for Innogames is that the feature is the attraction

in the present state of things, not only does she fail to respect the rules of departure.
to know that
- all new guild that starts the guild battleground must start in league copper
- that the balancing was totally nonexistent
- that the investment is not rewarding

we are the first actors but also their first publicity
it is therefore in the interest of innogames that this new feature is in the interest of all without which it will not be valued

the ranking of the guilds can only be done in relation to the investment and therefore the point of victory.
it will take a minimum of 6 months to regularize the departure error in view of the huge disparity of results

by not respecting the rules of departure, they may have value the best reward for guilds that did not merit, but they also penalized the guild more deserving for the benefit of smaller guild for very very long

the attrition sytem and the league system made it possible to value the investment and not to penalize the small guilds who invest for the benefit of the big guilds who invest little.
I found new principle frankly super good

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
@an inhabitant of carcosa 'Very complex' DC negotiations do give 4 attempts. However, DCs are far too limited to warrant something like a tavern boost for them in any case. Regarding your theory about pushing diamond sales, I don't see how or why that would determine anything. Like I said, they did provide the option in GE. If they were interested in getting more diamonds from people, why would they have done that? That's why I'm not so quick to say 'nope, never gonna happen' in regards to battlegrounds.

DeletedUser8743

@an inhabitant of carcosa 'Very complex' DC negotiations do give 4 attempts. However, DCs are far too limited to warrant something like a tavern boost for them in any case. Regarding your theory about pushing diamond sales, I don't see how or why that would determine anything. Like I said, they did provide the option in GE. If they were interested in getting more diamonds from people, why would they have done that? That's why I'm not so quick to say 'nope, never gonna happen' in regards to battlegrounds.
Very complex negotiations are 8 to 10 choices. Unless they add very complex negotiations to Battle Grounds, there is no need for a 4th turn. Doing so would burn through quite a bit more goods.

Emm55

Merchant
The solution is to NOT spend diamonds in order to get an extra turn. Which do you have more of - diamonds or goods? You might have diamonds now, but those won't last for long if they are spent taking extra turns to negotiate in Battlegrounds. It's better to just abort and try the negotiation again. Yes, that costs extra goods, but goods are easier to replenish.

Most people, when determining the cost of goods to negotiate in Battlegrounds, take into account that about 1/2 of the negotiations fail. Failures might be a bit less than that, but its a conservative start.
Thank you very much for this tip!

DeletedUser6838

Are there any information about the odds for promotion or demotion?
I think, they should be transparent to the players shown at the leaderboard in an own column.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Good upgrades to the Statue of Honor. The fp's are enough even at llvl 1 to consider placing it. The goods and guild power on top f that means that I will very likely place it. That is na great improvement over the original design, which was interesting only on the top level. Which takes ages to achieve. So, good one!

Also, I like that you lose all progress on an enemy sector if you lose all adjacent sectors. That makes for more interesting strategy.

Adding letters and nu,mber to the sector names is an improvent also. Hoever, I think each sector should have a unique short identifier. Having multiple b2 or b3 sectors still is not ideal.

Nessie

Baronet
Statue of Honor improved :) Concerning the guild power and guild goods: I hope in the future we can use guild goods for negotiations, otherwise it would be nonsensical since (at least in this round) it is the PLAYER spending goods and not the guild.

Furthermore it would be desirable that guild treasury finally finds a usage for goods higher than FE

Last edited:

Umbrathor

Baronet
Someone made a good point about there being little difference between the 1st place guild, and low ranking guilds, who get a ton of rewards for (very) little activity. A solution would be to have the final reward be based on activity, and not (just) the place. For instance:
  • every participating guild gains a base amount of fragments and guild power points, based on their league (this means that it is more interesting to be in 5th place in a higher league, than in 1st place in a lower league)
  • added to that, you gain fragments and guild power points either in the same way as victory points (per hour) or scaled, based on the number of vp's you have gained at the end of the BG (in the latter case it is harder to determine your progress / the prize you will gain)
To add incentive for every guild member to help:
  • All guild members get the base number of fragments for that league
  • Guild members who helped in GB, get 10% of the additional fragments for every day they help in GB. The GB lasts 10 days, so if you help every day, you get 100% of the additional fragments. If you help 4 days, you get 40%.
  • Alternatively you could devise a more complex distribution that does justice to the amount of work every player has done, since currently there is no such incentive.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10047

Adding letters and nu,mber to the sector names is an improvent also. Hoever, I think each sector should have a unique short identifier. Having multiple b2 or b3 sectors still is not ideal.
Each sector does have a unique short identifier. For instance, "A2: Nevotimpospa" can be referred to as "A2N".

DeletedUser9666

It is not only an incredible drain on troops and resources but even diamonds, lol. Spending over 100 goods in one unsuccessful negotiation creates a very strong incentive to spend 10 diamonds on extra turn.
I bought diamonds twice for this thing, which is something i never ever do on Beta.
Inno - may I have an additional 1000 free diamonds, please? :D

I do not know what the total stats for all GBG players are but I think GBG is a major drain on troops and resources for many. So to make this system somehow sustainable in a longer run, BGB rewards may need to give back troops and resources instead of fp. Simply to allow a player to at least partially replenish inventories and maintain GBG activity.

GE already gives back some troops and goods rewards. I think something like this will be needed for GBG...
If I could get back 30% of what I spent in GBG, I could probably continue at current levels (daily attrition around 50) indefinitely.

Moreover, since it is a PvP feature, it would make some logical sense to me if my neighbors were recruited from guilds I compete against in GBG.

And the last thing - PvP rewards (medals) need to be revisited. Upgrading them (drastically) could be one of much needed mechanisms to create individual rewards for putting extra effort into FBG. Since GBG are designed to help largest guilds to maintain their top ranks, the only way to incentivize medium-small guild members to do anything in GBG at all will have to be through individual rewards.