• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2019

DeletedUser10057

and before the maximum level of GEs was 10, and the maximum era was tomorrow and before isn´t a argument, if in this 6 moths you did´t start level the GEs that provide hapiness you shoudn´t be cry now

The Lady Ann

Baronet
that is not turn the question back? becouse the question was you were happy with the event buildings given population but now you don´t need more population they are bad. and if inno remove population of all past event buildings you were ok with that?

no that is the question, to much pop not enough happiness still means you need to modify your city and that is the balance we all need to achieve whatever inno do with past, present or future buildings,

DeletedUser10057

but has i say before is more easy to get hapiness than population (a boost in the tabern and its done) and if the population is unhappy the only problem is that the production goes down not a big problem for someone that doesn´t produce nothing

DeletedUser10286

please come back with the population of the building with less than 400 population that is not fair if the guys don't want population they sell the building.

qaccy

Emperor
@marcoags My original problems with the Asylum were 1) that it provided population despite being an 'abandoned' building, and 2) that it was joining the long list of major event prizes that add population, and a significant amount at that. This second point didn't have to do with the Asylum specifically, but with Inno's design of event buildings in general.

If you look at other buildings in the game, things are relatively balanced. Population from houses in a given era is balanced against the happiness provided by that age's culture buildings, and also balanced against the population cost of the goods, military, and supply buildings of that age. Even GBs more or less follow this balance, though this is seldom noticed since players build different GBs and have them at a wide range of levels. However, normal buildings and even GBs in a lot of cases cannot balance with most event buildings, especially a city that eventually ends up filled with them. Event buildings provide massive population or happiness numbers even compared to 'ordinary' premium buildings, on a scale that you can't really keep up even if you try.

As I mentioned earlier, my city currently has just shy of 240,000 population. Even if I were to delete my Innovation Tower, Habitat, and Capitol (I build every GB, don't ask about that ;)), I'd still have over 160,000 population. The space I'd gain from selling these buildings would allow me to fit in 4, maybe 5 SAM military buildings, which cost 14,000 population apiece. Even with that, and with no population from GBs, I've still got 90,000 population that I literally can't use (since I'm out of space) due to all the population provided by event buildings. I consider that a problem, particularly because 'well just get rid of those buildings to bring your population down' doesn't really apply due to the other bonuses provided by these buildings not being readily available to swap around on a whim. Or in other words, I could delete a Crow's Nest to lose 14,000 population quickly, but there's nothing I can put in that space that even comes close to providing the other bonuses it has. Not really a 'solution' if you ask me.

DeletedUser10057

at least it's sad that inno didn´t ask or post a tread to make this change

DeletedUser10057

@qaccy
1) that it provided population despite being an 'abandoned' building but not a problem that provied money, goods or atack bonus (a house that atacks?)
2) you built GBs for population did you build GBs for hapiness? alcatraz, atomium, gaia statue, lotus temple ? didn´t you balance your GBs?

as some of us said before maybe the problem could be solve bye given less bonus population to the superior ages kepping the some bonus population in the lower eras

DeletedUser10057

of course i can´t speak for all beginers but it semms to me that those that are complainig of a lot of populacion are all from superior ages (in the live servers)
the game change with the last events and now you want to go back instead of adpted to the new changes

The Lady Ann

Baronet
of course i can´t speak for all beginers but it semms to me that those that are complainig of a lot of populacion are all from superior ages (in the live servers)
the game change with the last events and now you want to go back instead of adpted to the new changes

how many times EMA not a high level but yet had to have 4 market places just to break even with happiness the way it was before, now I don't call that balanced

DeletedUser10057

i.m in ema and i have 2600 of extra hapiness zero cultural buildings

qaccy

Emperor
@marcoags To be blunt, the last part of my post is the culmination of what happens when every major event prize provides population. The rest of the game cannot keep up with it because there are not equivalent happiness providers, nor are there equivalent buildings to even use all the population you're given. The game balance is currently way out of whack regarding event buildings because of how much population is provided. I'm not talking about changing just one building here, I'm asking for a shift towards providing more balanced event prizes overall. It's been over a year since an event gave a grand prize that did NOT increase population. Imagine this being like researching a happiness building in Iron Age, but then not having a new culture building to research until you reached the Colonial Age and having to use public baths for 4 ages. This is the best analogy I can think of for what's currently going on with event buildings, and I personally see that as a significant problem with game balance.

DeletedUser10057

how many times EMA not a high level but yet had to have 4 market places just to break even with happiness the way it was before, now I don't call that balanced

and that player must put a building that gives unhapiness and can´t erase houses so he must delete production/goods to build the asyllium and to build also at least one more market, i think the problem of space is bigger on ema than in a superior era

DeletedUser10057

@qaccy

in live server i have a city in iron age half my city is ocupied with houses that is a problem not the lack of hapiness, now i must keep the houses that i have and delete production/goods so i don´t agree with this

DeletedUser10286

you can't put up a building with a minimum amount of population and then remove anything by disrupting players like this

DeletedUser10057

this is beta and they can do that but it would have been respectful to ask before listen only some players

DeletedUser5097

Where is the extra att % for the drawback of no population and especialy negative
hap*****? All buildings with negative happines as a drawback have a strong increase
of another bonus

DeletedUser10057

the sad is that they didn´t even made a Announcement and not even come here and explain why
the only explanations are being made by those that have to many population

justMDZ

Farmer
Great Inno,
Asylum balanced change
Carmelle on the books, another great idea.

this event will be super on live server.

qaccy

Emperor
@qaccy

in live server i have a city in iron age half my city is ocupied with houses that is a problem not the lack of hapiness, now i must keep the houses that i have and delete production/goods so i don´t agree with this

That's the thing though; having a lot of houses is what the game is 'intended' to be. Population is supposed to be like a currency that you 'spend' on military, goods, and production buildings. It still is, but if you look at the game without event buildings, you're supposed to have a great deal of houses in order to run the rest of the buildings in your city. I don't have a problem with event buildings cutting down on the space needed for population, but I do have an issue with there not being equivalent event buildings to cut down on the space needed for happiness. In fact, the current trend INCREASES the space needed for happiness because we're still stuck using pretty much normal buildings in order to satisfy the requirements of these event buildings. Do you see what I'm getting at yet?