• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

DeletedUser

Hmm, I guess maybe because its the free diamonds they do not want to take them, which I guess is why I can not buy any expansions, just get an internal error message, 6 times.

Should already be fixed :)

Havik79

Baronet
Yes it is thank you very much

Also, wow, so you can negotiate for all 3 of the goods from the merchant, that is awesome.

DeletedUser10134

Hm the new settlement seems very similar to the vikings.
however the merchant seems to be a great addition that will allow for new and interesting rush-strategies ;)
The rewards seem to me pretty good, especially the timeless dojo ist great.

the one thing that still makes me a bit sad about the settlements are the Emissaries who are mostly useless. at least you avoided to offer ones with crappy bonuses like supllies or coins but i feel like you missed out on a great chance to make them impactful.
i think a lot more players would invest time in the settlements if there were a unique bonus that could only be achieved by completing a settlement 15/13 times.
im thinking of a leader like ragnar lothbrok as an Emissary that provides +10%/+10% Attack boost (gained after completing 15 settlements)
And Maybe an Ashikaga Yoshimitsu as an Emissary that provides a finish all productions 2% faster bonus including LBs (gained after completing 13 settlements)
just something that feels unique and impactful.

Snazzle

Merchant
Emissary that helps heal wounded troops quicker by x %.
Emissary that helps train troops quicker by x % .
Emissary that reduces goods costs to produce by x %
Emissary that gives x 2 plunder for x amount of times
Emissary that adds Attack bonus to city defence troops by x %
Emissary that adds Defence bonus to players attacking troops by x %

I could go on , Mix it up please Inno , Choices make for better game play !

These suggestions do not mean get rid of existing Emissaries before somebody chimes in saying no keep the ones we have , these are ideas for more to be added .
Give me multiple choices of emissaries that do different things not just generic stuff forge points , coins, supplies , medals , troops .
Add some variation to them like suggested , this would entice me to spend on unlocking slots in my town hall , give me options to be a fighter one day and then farm the next day by just switching emissaries .
Its a great addition you have created in emissaries slots So use it to create the freedom for players to have many choices for differing styles of play .
More reason to do settlements , if you want players to play settlements give us a wide variety of choices for emissaries
Now this I would enjoy and endure the boredom and tedium of doing settlements for , cos sorry it is boring doing them .
Make me entertained , give me multiple choices and freedom of expression to mix up my game style from day to day .
This is what keeps me exicted and wanting to play , the stale odour of repetition leads to not logging in .
Cheers

Last edited:

DeletedUser9541

Thoughts a couple days into playing Japanese settlement:
!. Rush to get merchant and negotiate for goods to open expansions (luck is a game changer)
2. Fragments for third milestone rewards is insulting (how about 4x5 each Japanese goods?)
3. The green color scheme (helps recover from "whiteout" damage in vikings)

DeletedUser9851

Emissary that helps heal wounded troops quicker by x %.
Emissary that helps train troops quicker by x % .
Emissary that reduces goods costs to produce by x %
Emissary that gives x 2 plunder for x amount of times
Emissary that adds Attack bonus to city defence troops by x %
Emissary that adds Defence bonus to players attacking troops by x %

I could go on , Mix it up please Inno , Choices make for better game play !

These suggestions do not mean get rid of existing Emissaries before somebody chimes in saying no keep the ones we have , these are ideas for more to be added .
Give me multiple choices of emissaries that do different things not just generic stuff forge points , coins, supplies , medals , troops .
Add some variation to them like suggested , this would entice me to spend on unlocking slots in my town hall , give me options to be a fighter one day and then farm the next day by just switching emissaries .
Its a great addition you have created in emissaries slots So use it to create the freedom for players to have many choices for differing styles of play .
More reason to do settlements , if you want players to play settlements give us a wide variety of choices for emissaries
Now this I would enjoy and endure the boredom and tedium of doing settlements for , cos sorry it is boring doing them .
Make me entertained , give me multiple choices and freedom of expression to mix up my game style from day to day .
This is what keeps me exicted and wanting to play , the stale odour of repetition leads to not logging in .
Cheers
Hello again Snazzle!

I had once again a great time reading this entry from your end :)

Those "original" Emissary suggestions are quite cool...but...here is why this would not happen anytime soon ;)

1) Emissary that helps heal wounded troops quicker by x %: InnoGames has no interest for the tine being of adding such a feature...why? Because players can quickly heal damaged Military Units by spending Diamonds ;)

2) Emissary that helps train troops quicker by x %: this can be currently done when you are part of a Guild and its Level goes up to a point where the Recruitment Time for a new Unit gets lower and lower...and of course you can manually decide to instantly train a new Unit..by spending Diamonds ;)

3) Emissary that reduces goods costs to produce by x %: with pretty much all Special Buildings being released during Events, you can get additional Goods for your city...and for players who own a Chateau Frontenac and/or a Himeji Castle, getting extra Gods every day is not an issue and they do not have in their cities current Age Goods Buildings since they get those Goods from CF, HC and Special Buildings :)

4) Emissary that gives x 2 plunder for x amount of times: The Atlantis Museum is already providing this, with no limits, so I doubt that InnoGames would release such a feature ;)

5) Emissary that adds Attack bonus to city defense troops by x %: SBC and Deal Castle GBs are already providing such a thing, as well as the Terracota Army...again, I doubt that Innogames would offer such a feature ;)

6) Emissary that adds Defence bonus to players attacking troops by x %: now, this, would be AWESOME! Why? Because (as we speak) there are NO SPECIAL BUILDINGS offered during Events that allow players to boos their Defense % for Attacking Units (so what we see now is players with 600+ Attack Boost %...and about 200% or less Defense Bonus for Attacking Units ;)

The reality is that, for Innogames, it is more motivating to have players spend Diamonds to get those benefits rather than having this provided by new, upcoming Emissaries...but great job nonetheless! :)

Hello,

I just unlocked the merchant. I don't quite understand the point of "dismiss" option inside the merchant? I mean, obviously I would take everything that is offered to me (unless I am at the end of the settlement where I don't need certain goods anymore). What does not make sense to me, is why the dismiss-option has the same cooldown as the rest of the offers (24h). Basically, the player is being punished for dismissing the offer. Or I can just leave it there without dismissing it and it will reset in 24h anyway. So basically this options makes absolutely no differens.

I would suggest changing the timer for "dismissed" offers specifically. Something like 5h maybe, instead of 24h. This will make the choices more strategic.. I will have to consider if it's worth taking the current offer or take my chances, come back in say 5h, and see if the offer might be better next time.

Umbrathor

Baronet
In a nutshell:
  • The merchant seems like an interesting change
  • The rewards are worth it, though I am less excited by them
  • To my surprise the thought of another slow-starting repetitive cycle of settlements was very disheartening
  • Most important for me are two points though: the timer that determines whether you get fragments and how many, and the forced irregular building plot at the edge

I’ll start with the latter one. A rectangular building plot allows for the greatest flexibility in rebuilding a city or settlement. Since this recurring puzzle is an essential aspect of FoE, I believe players should have the option to optimize their strategy by aiming for a rectangle, rather than for the area with the least number of obstacles. Pleased allow us this option! Having the initial area in one the ‘wings’, from which you have only one rectangle option, is extremely limiting.

Also, starting at the border instead of in the middle decreases the number of directions in which you can expand. That is also a drawback, in my eyes.

Providing more options to aim for a rectangle would be the change I would most like to see.

Secondly, please remove the timer for the fragments completely. For people who are sensitive to game addiction, timers with rewards are a major danger. I have written about this in the Viking thread and I hope Inno will value the health of their players enough to get rid of this feature, or make it have less important by making it easier to finish the settlements within the main timer.

While I was excited about the new settlement, when I got started and saw how slow the start is, I felt very disheartened. I realized that this has something to do with how happy I was to have finished the Viking runs, and could close that book. I now have to re-open a book that I was happy to have closed.

Repetition just isn’t fun. And that is an essential design flaw. Not one that is easy to correct, since repetition is what the settlements are about.

The rewards are worth it, definitely, but you have to Grind for them. It’s a dreary job, not Fun. A game should be Fun. And the fun was gone fast, after the first few cycles of Vikings.

Vikings have taken up much of my game time over the past few months, and the rewards were amazing - even more since the improvement, so I am glad I did it. The supply boost and unit-from-your-age are not terribly interesting to me. The fp’s still make the buildings worthwhile.

Personally, I’d prefer it if they worked like a mini Alcatraz, providing a unit from military buildings you have, since GE and the Viking emissary already provide you with units from your age. What’s one more?

I liked the suggestions to vary the emissary rewards more. Even though extra fp’s are always welcome. ; )

The slow start here seems MUCH worse than in the Vikings, since you cannot expand fast. With Vikings, at least later in the cycle you often get a x4 on your first double production cycle, greatly speeding up the starting phase. And boy, that was necessary too, after about 10 cycles. Here, I don’t see that happening.

The merchant adds a CHANCE to speed things up, but only after the grind to unlock Galleries. That’s too late, it should be earlier. You need to know early on if this is going to be a good run, or whether you should abandon and restart.

So, all round, I'm sorry to say that I am much less excited about the new Japanese settlement that I was when still looking forward to it. I hope it gets improved.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
What does not make sense to me, is why the dismiss-option has the same cooldown as the rest of the offers (24h). Basically, the player is being punished for dismissing the offer. Or I can just leave it there without dismissing it and it will reset in 24h anyway. So basically this options makes absolutely no differens.

I would suggest changing the timer for "dismissed" offers specifically. Something like 5h maybe, instead of 24h. This will make the choices more strategic.. I will have to consider if it's worth taking the current offer or take my chances, come back in say 5h, and see if the offer might be better next time.
It already offers you something though - the ability to get a different goods offer. Your statement of "I can just leave it there without dismissing it and it will reset in 24h anyway." is incorrect, as offers do not get reset. New offers will get added, if there are empty slots. If there aren't, then nothing happens.

It already offers you something though - the ability to get a different goods offer. Your statement of "I can just leave it there without dismissing it and it will reset in 24h anyway." is incorrect, as offers do not get reset. New offers will get added, if there are empty slots. If there aren't, then nothing happens.
So you mean that If i just leave all the 3 offers there, after next 24h it will be the same exact offers?

DeletedUser8262

Nice feature but there just aren't enough hours in a day so its not for me

That is, how i understood it...

Okey, that's a bit strange mechanic in my eyes... Be that as it may.

My suggestion is still to rethink the mechanics of the merchant. Overall I really like this feature and it brings a fun dimension to the settlement. I would still suggest to have a lower timer for dismissed offers, the reason being that I mentioned earlier; this brings more strategy to the game. Put the offers on automatic reset every 24h if that would be necessary.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Have not started the Japanese settlement yet, but I had a good look over of the information provided so far...
+ positiv, ~ neutral, - negative

+ The main prize Shinto Temple and the bonus Timeless Dojo look great - both visually and from the resources they give (although the style is quite different from all other buildings I have seen so far and it will be interesting to see, how the new buildings fit into the city)
~ Addition of the merchant brings some dynamics but also an additional luck factor
~ Expansions are a lot more pricey than with vikings - I will have to see how it plays out - that is probably, what the merchant is for...
+ The expected time frame (per settlement and to get the Shinto Temple to max) is shorter than for vikings
- I hoped, the concept of the Japanese settlement would differ a bit more from the vikings... When I had seen the trading screen images in the spoiler thread, I was expecting that the quest line might consist of negotiations to be conducted using resources (goods/koban coins) from the settlement (as well as from the main town)
- The diplomacy is again only useful for the moment the advancement is made and will have to be deleted in between advancements to make room for other things

Overall:
I will try it out on Beta, to get a feeling for it and I will max the Temple on my main world.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
So you mean that If i just leave all the 3 offers there, after next 24h it will be the same exact offers?
Yes. There is no "reset" of offers, simply adding new offers if there are empty slots. So you yourself have the choice to make if you will negotiate or dismiss them.

Havik79

Baronet
So is the negotiating fixed cost, meaning it was 1 of each EMA for the first go, is the the same for each time you use the merchant, and or does it cost more at higher ages?.

DeletedUser10131

Heyo, does anyone have an idea when the japanese will hit live servers? I finished yggdra on live and would like to know if it makes sense to start another settlement or two?

Last edited by a moderator:

In.My.ConTroL

Inhouse Community Manager
I think that Inno should have closed the current settlements the day the new settlement started. Give the active settlements the prize for completing it on early rewards and allow people to start the new settlement. Instead of canceling your settlement and input a ticket to get into the new settlement.

Hello beta-pumbaa,
We understand your concern about canceling an on-going settlement, but we couldn't simply close the current settlement (Vikings) as a few players could be really close to their goals, so that wouldn't be so fair. We appreciate the feedback that all of you are providing about the new settlement and it's new features (like merchant, for example), but there are also those players who are willing to finish the previous settlement, so that's up to you to decide on stop playing the vikings or not.

The obvious solution (if the pain of clicking/tapping the settlement selection screen is too arduous) would be to have the settlement selection screen default to whichever settlement was last played.

Excellent Idea !!!!
but it can only be done by Inno

hope Inno can listen and do it

We always do, Conqueror9. :)
This comes to our attention that some players didn't really enjoy clicking on the arrow button (or didn't find it intuitive), so we'll forward this feedback.

The rewards are worth it, definitely, but you have to Grind for them. It’s a dreary job, not Fun. A game should be Fun. And the fun was gone fast, after the first few cycles of Vikings.

We are sorry to hear that you're not fully enjoying the new settlement, Umbrathor. So what features would you change in order to enjoy the Feudal Japan (or other settlements in the future)?

Snazzle

Merchant
Hello again Snazzle!

I had once again a great time reading this entry from your end :)

Those "original" Emissary suggestions are quite cool...but...here is why this would not happen anytime soon ;)

1) Emissary that helps heal wounded troops quicker by x %: InnoGames has no interest for the tine being of adding such a feature...why? Because players can quickly heal damaged Military Units by spending Diamonds ;)

2) Emissary that helps train troops quicker by x %: this can be currently done when you are part of a Guild and its Level goes up to a point where the Recruitment Time for a new Unit gets lower and lower...and of course you can manually decide to instantly train a new Unit..by spending Diamonds ;)

3) Emissary that reduces goods costs to produce by x %: with pretty much all Special Buildings being released during Events, you can get additional Goods for your city...and for players who own a Chateau Frontenac and/or a Himeji Castle, getting extra Gods every day is not an issue and they do not have in their cities current Age Goods Buildings since they get those Goods from CF, HC and Special Buildings :)

4) Emissary that gives x 2 plunder for x amount of times: The Atlantis Museum is already providing this, with no limits, so I doubt that InnoGames would release such a feature ;)

5) Emissary that adds Attack bonus to city defense troops by x %: SBC and Deal Castle GBs are already providing such a thing, as well as the Terracota Army...again, I doubt that Innogames would offer such a feature ;)

6) Emissary that adds Defence bonus to players attacking troops by x %: now, this, would be AWESOME! Why? Because (as we speak) there are NO SPECIAL BUILDINGS offered during Events that allow players to boos their Defense % for Attacking Units (so what we see now is players with 600+ Attack Boost %...and about 200% or less Defense Bonus for Attacking Units ;)

The reality is that, for Innogames, it is more motivating to have players spend Diamonds to get those benefits rather than having this provided by new, upcoming Emissaries...but great job nonetheless! :)

Unlocking more bonus emissary slots costs diamonds , simply put the more you want the more you have to spend to have extra emissaries.
As for the suggestions these are just examples of some variation , not all early era players have access to great buildings such as Atlantis or Terracotta army etc etc , or the land space for them , therefore an Emissary that does similar But not as powerful as the great buildings would be a welcome i sure , and a little Extra bonus for those already established further in eras .
I was giving examples of how they could be creative with this , mix it up with some variation , speculate to accumulate , on one hand give the ability to not to have to use diamonds , on the other hand increase the demand .
It balances itself out and gives new abilities for All players long term and fresh meat ;] lol
They want us to spend diamonds , obviously , I would to gain greater choice of emissary and more slots to choose from for my town hall .