• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

DeletedUser9666

A man walks into a cafe and asks "what sandwich's do you do?" The person behind the counter replies "we do a very good bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich". "Ok, I'll have that". The sandwich is so good he comes back the next day. He comes to the cafe and orders the same sandwich, on his 15th trip - he asks "I really like this cafe but do you not do any other sandwich's?". "Good news sir, we have a new sandwich coming tomorrow". The next day the man comes into the cafe and asks for the new sandwich. "I proudly present to you a "lettuce, tomato and bacon" sandwich. The man hesitantly takes the sandwich mumbling under his breath "isn't this just the same sandwich but prepared in a different order?" He keeps coming back to the cafe as this is his closest cafe. On his 28th trip in desperation he pleads with the cafe owner to offer a different sandwich. The cafe owner replies do not worry I will have a new sandwich tomorrow. The next day the cafe owner presents "a tomato, bacon and lettuce" sandwich. The man walks out.

Can I have a different sandwich please? or should I find a new cafe?

Looks like Viking sandwich is all they know how to cook. At lease they wrapped this old sandwich in a fresh, "Japanese" paper...

conqueror9

Regent
What would be the point of an option like this? If you don't want to play Vikings again, then just never choose it.

some 1 want to close it, I think , they do not want to use 'arrow" to move to "viking" to "Japan"

I just open a option (suggestion) for those who do not want to use their mouse and click to move to "Japan"
so they can use it to directly jump to Japan settlement

Personally I do like to choose to play whatever settlement i want to play....

DeletedUser10047

some 1 want to close it, I think , they do not want to use 'arrow" to move to "viking" to "Japan"

I just open a option (suggestion) for those who do not want to use their mouse and click to move to "Japan"
so they can use it to directly jump to Japan settlement

Personally I do like to choose to play whatever settlement i want to play....
The obvious solution (if the pain of clicking/tapping the settlement selection screen is too arduous) would be to have the settlement selection screen default to whichever settlement was last played.

Damjan88

Merchant
In Viking settlement, we can choose to slow tech progress (it need 10 axe) by "doing expansion first"
In viking settlement, the first collection is 10 axes, while 1st expansion with goods is 1 axe , 2nd expansion is 5 axe
that 10 axe can give us to have 2 expansions so that we can re-model my city to get a better start (e.g. put 1 more axe production )

This Japan settlement
the 1st tech require 35 soy while soy bean can only give us 10 soy in 8 hour. we need 4X 8 hour ( 32 hour, ie., 1 day 8 hour) to raise 40 say for that tech
it is a heavy drag on player
player cannot do like viking settlment, to put expansion 1st and get another soybean up to help. As it need 8 soy for that expansion, Once u put expansion, player still need pop in order to place another soy-bean to help
that is also another heavy drag

a further look into culture goods building--soy bean, it only has 3% to get 4X. As far as i remember, viking settlement has a better chance than 3% in the starting level (round)

This Japan is very hard to play, espeically in the start...super hard start... normally game progress harder when go deeper...This mean this settlement is very bad in design (at least in the start )

Unlucky player ( those who cannot get 4X luck ) may stuck in the 1st few tech for several days....may be ..cannot playable for them...

Just start in playing Japan, I may end up as 1 of the unlucky player

Vikings need 10 + 34 for the first two upgrades, Feudal Japan is 10 + 35 so there is not much difference. While you could get an extra expansion with the same resources with the vikings in most cases it didn't matter because the choice in that situation is either have an extra goods building but no coins to fund production, or coin production for 2 goods buildings but no room for the second. It ends up taking the same amount of time even though you have less expansions with the Japan, but then you unlock the merchant and get expansions from his deals :D The first run will always be the worst no matter the settlement :D

Snazzle

Merchant
It should never include rogues as they don't have an age. If we go by your logic, it should also produce drummers and flag bearers which would be worse to most than not making champions is to you.

Lol ,was just using rogues as an extreme example that i believe the timeless dojo is not worth the bother considering all the effort involved to get it max lvl , but champions i do believe would be worth the effort and thus why i suggested them and carried on the conversation suggesting they be added .
As it stands the timeless dojo does not appeal to me , and if feedback is what they want then to get me interested
then Champions need to be added to the mix of chance of troops created that this building produces.
Otherwise i shall ignore trying to achieve the dojo just like i did with the greater runestone from vikings .

That would be Innos logic that your stating not mine in regards to drummerboys and bannermen , if i wanted them i would have asked for them but i did not and never shall .
If they created drummer boys and bannermen , [as stated on other threads these 2 useless units are pointless beyond iron age , which is a shame ] , would be a laughing joke and an insult to us .
Yet they still ignore our pleas to either change them or take them out of the equation for event prizes and daily prizes for higher lvl players , which is Tragic , yes .
Ends Reply

So Inno developers , I do not even need to play japanese settlement to give you my feedback , after checking out the stats and conversing here , in regards to the timeless dojo not worth bothering with in terms of diamonds or time in my opinion
Sorry to say I shall be ignoring this , unless you change it and put Champions into the equation of troop units it produces .

I shall do the settlement quests but the shinto shrine does not appeal to me either , sorry its just not that appealing for all the effort to get it max lvl , its the emissaries / unlocks that i will do it for .
You already changed the viking settlement ygdril tree to better stats which is a huge improvement Thank You ,
but if you want my attention then these end goal buildings need an improvement also , sorry I am just not impressed by them .

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I like the dojo - 4FP on 3x3 alone is already a good thing - on top it gives some goods and a unit and this building is only the bonus.

With the two emissaries and two dojos I will get 4 units daily - that is a lot of units I can waste on GEx4 and it is more than what I can get from GEx alone (relics excluded).

Naturally, it will depend on the effort needed to get into the gold time bonus - if it is similar to vikings though, I expect to have my second dojo before i have the temple maxed - now I only need the space to place all these buildings...

Lara11

Farmer
hmm... but i dont wanna leave viking, and i wanna playing for Feudal Japan . So as i can do it simultaneously? Thank You:)

DeletedUser9851

Lol ,was just using rogues as an extreme example that i believe the timeless dojo is not worth the bother considering all the effort involved to get it max lvl , but champions i do believe would be worth the effort and thus why i suggested them and carried on the conversation suggesting they be added .
As it stands the timeless dojo does not appeal to me , and if feedback is what they want then to get me interested
then Champions need to be added to the mix of chance of troops created that this building produces.
Otherwise i shall ignore trying to achieve the dojo just like i did with the greater runestone from vikings .

That would be Innos logic that your stating not mine in regards to drummerboys and bannermen , if i wanted them i would have asked for them but i did not and never shall .
If they created drummer boys and bannermen , [as stated on other threads these 2 useless units are pointless beyond iron age , which is a shame ] , would be a laughing joke and an insult to us .
Yet they still ignore our pleas to either change them or take them out of the equation for event prizes and daily prizes for higher lvl players , which is Tragic , yes .
Ends Reply

So Inno developers , I do not even need to play japanese settlement to give you my feedback , after checking out the stats and conversing here , in regards to the timeless dojo not worth bothering with in terms of diamonds or time in my opinion
Sorry to say I shall be ignoring this , unless you change it and put Champions into the equation of troop units it produces .

I shall do the settlement quests but the shinto shrine does not appeal to me either , sorry its just not that appealing for all the effort to get it max lvl , its the emissaries / unlocks that i will do it for .
You already changed the viking settlement ygdril tree to better stats which is a huge improvement Thank You ,
but if you want my attention then these end goal buildings need an improvement also , sorry I am just not impressed by them .

Hi Snazzle! :)

Everyone is allowed his/her opinion when it comes down to new content being released by InnoGames for Forge of Empires and I have enjoyed reading your feedback :)

Here is mine:

- When it comes down to Champion being produced by the Timeless Dojo as a possibility, well it depends of the Age in which you are currently at: I am in Space Age Mars on Live Servers and I can tell you that Champions, as a Military Unit, are useless for pretty much all fights (you should see how they struggle in SAM when I fight them with other SAM Units lol) but I agree that for some lower Ages they can be quite fantastic :)

- The Shinto Temple? OH MY GOD...are you kidding me? It provides you 12 Forge Points at Lvl 9 for a 3X4 Building (so 1 Forge Point per square)...you would need to lay out 12 Shrine of Knowledge to produce the same amount...but for a total of 48 squares! To me, this is amazing, as I can replace 12 SoKs with this Lvl 9 one, worry less about not getting enough Motivations for 12 SoKs...and benefit from extra Goods and Supplies (trust me, when you get to SAM, you will need TONS of Supplies, including for Recurring Quests)

- The Timeless Dojo provides 4 FPs from a 3X3 building...again, a space saver if you are a veteran player who needs to optimize his/her city layout, because I can remove 4 SoKs and place this, get the same amount of FPs and again not have to worry about having enough Motivations from others to get those extra FPs from SoKs (and extra Goods as well!)

Of course, those Buildings do not provide any Attack Boost but we have to expect variety from InnoGames every now and then...and being able to have more FPs from a more optimized city is definitely a plus in my humble opinion...hey, maybe they will change things around like they did for the Yggdrasil but, as it is now, it is quite sweet if you ask me!

At the end of the day? You complete 15 Settlements in best time and you get not only an awesome Lvl 9 Building but 3 Timeless Dojo with 12 additional FPs in total AND 36 squares of space saved by removing 12 SoKs...this means for me that I can also replace 12 SoKs with those 3 Dojos and save 21 squares for my city, for a grand total of 57 squares...not bad at all if you ask me!

Last edited by a moderator:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
You complete 15 Settlements in best time and you get not only an awesome Lvl 9 Building but 3 Timeless Dojo
You only need 13 Settlements for Lvl 9 Temple - so you have the choice of either doing two bonus rounds to get the third dojo or to be a bit more lenient in the first 13 settlements and not always get gold bonus if you are satisfied with two dojos...

kafidav

Steward
HELLO i leavethe viking to startthe feoadal japan but now i am no longer acess to the viking can do not both at the same time thank you in your advance

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
HELLO i leavethe viking to startthe feoadal japan but now i am no longer acess to the viking can do not both at the same time thank you in your advance
No - as was always said... you can only run one of the settlements at the same time - but you can freely choose which settlement to play when ever you start a settlement.

Snazzle

Merchant
Hi Snazzle! :)

Everyone is allowed his/her opinion when it comes down to new content being released by InnoGames for Forge of Empires and I have enjoyed reading your feedback :)

Here is mine:

- When it comes down to Champion being produced by the Timeless Dojo as a possibility, well it depends of the Age in which you are currently at: I am in Space Age Mars on Live Servers and I can tell you that Champions, as a Military Unit, are useless for pretty much all fights (you should see how they struggle in SAM when I fight them with other SAM Units lol) but I agree that for some lower Ages they can be quite fantastic :)

- The Shinto Temple? OH MY GOD...are you kidding me? It provides you 12 Forge Points at Lvl 9 for a 3X4 Building (so 1 Forge Point per square)...you would need to lay out 12 Shrine of Knowledge to produce the same amount...but for a total of 48 squares! To me, this is amazing, as I can replace 12 SoKs with this Lvl 9 one, worry less about not getting enough Motivations for 12 SoKs...and benefit from extra Goods and Supplies (trust me, when you get to SAM, you will need TONS of Supplies, including for Recurring Quests)

- The Timeless Dojo provides 4 FPs from a 3X3 building...again, a space saver if you are a veteran player who needs to optimize his/her city layout, because I can remove 4 SoKs and place this, get the same amount of FPs and again not have to worry about having enough Motivations from others to get those extra FPs from SoKs (and extra Goods as well!)

Of course, those Buildings do not provide any Attack Boost but we have to expect variety from InnoGames every now and then...and being able to have more FPs from a more optimized city is definitely a plus in my humble opinion...hey, maybe they will change things around like they did for the Yggdrasil but, as it is now, it is quite sweet if you ask me!

At the end of the day? You complete 15 Settlements in best time and you get not only an awesome Lvl 9 Building but 3 Timeless Dojo with 12 additional FPs in total AND 36 squares of space saved by removing 12 SoKs...this means for me that I can also replace 12 SoKs with those 3 Dojos and save 21 squares for my city, for a grand total of 57 squares...not bad at all if you ask me!

Cool dude , something for everyone I agree but I not chasing forge points , hate soks lol and not need troops either [ I use higher age troops than my era from story missions ;] ]
I will just bite the bullet and accept that this settlements not my flavour .
Burnt out from vikings anyhow and the thought of doing all those quests x times again ,lol nah .
Enjoy tho i not here to spoil anyones fun , I just trying to squeeze Inno for more ;p hehe

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Having started a Japanese colony, I quickly moved from the "wild enthusiasm" phase to that of "disillusionment".

Indeed, the only real difference from vikings is the merchant, and it is a disaster for its consequences on the game.

We went from a strategic choice to buy expansions to random resources given by the 3 merchants. The decreasing cost of expansions, depending on the resource chosen to buy them no longer makes sense since the merchants give resources before we unblock the goods bulding.
From their first intervention, the chance considerably influences my continuation of the game At this stage we have the soy goods bulding, if one of the merchants gives soy, it is lost, we can buy only 2 expansions with 8 units of 2 others resources, if none gives soy, we can buy 3 expansions with 8 units each of the 3 other resources. and as the bonus X4 applies to the merchant, luck will be continuously present in the result.

Unlike vikings, it is not possible to anticipate and program its evolution, since we will have resources by the merchants, in a totally random way (both on the type of resources and on their quantity)

Havik79

Baronet
Hmm, I guess maybe because its the free diamonds they do not want to take them, which I guess is why I can not buy any expansions, just get an internal error message, 6 times.