• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9982

I first thougth the new feature is "new", but will be a replacement for GvG ! But as I read here the current GvG will stay ?
I think if the new feature "Guild Battlegounds" sweets mine likings better I never ever even look at GvG at all ...

I play in more than 1 world, but recently the CS Vikings, now this extra GBG feature ? I go stop playing in all worlds but one, how difficult it will be to "leave" worlds (and nice guilds) ... but it start all TOO much for me haha, silly me ... how could I be o so stupid to start so many cities LOL
(big groan - silly silly me, why o why I did ? )
GvG, GE and now, BGs are 3 diferent things
BGs will NOT replace GvG or GE
Will be another system completly new
So you will have, GvG, Settlements, GE and BGs :)

I believe they all do it so mobile players can too have access playing some "kind of" GvG (GBG in this case) ...
I like the idea of GBG, but I agree they've to fix all current running features before planning new ones ... !

DeletedUser10047

Thoughts on attrition and negotiating:

Whether or not attrition affects negotiations isn't really relevant. What IS relevant is the ability of fighters and negotiators to contribute advancement points.

Just making up numbers here for comparison purposes. If the average fighter can contribute 40 advancement points before attrition makes further fighting almost impossible, and the average super-powered fighter can contribute 80 advancement points, then the same needs to apply to negotiators - the average negotiator should be able to contribute 40 advancement points while the average super-powered negotiator should be able to contribute 80 advancement points.

For the purposes of determining the ability to generate advancement points, do not take into consideration current stocks of goods in inventory - those will eventually become depleted. And once those stocks are gone, the only thing that matters is the ability to generate supplies on a daily basis. For the average player, this probably doesn't amount to more than 100 - 200 goods a day. However, for a super-powered player, this could easily approach 5000 goods a day.

In terms of advancement points, if the average super-powered player can contribute twice as much as the average player, that still allows the average player to be relevant. On the other hand, if the average super-powered player is capable of contributing 10 times as many advancement points as the average player, then GBG will be the domain of the super-powered players.

In GE negotiations require a tavern boost. Even with the boost, success is not assured for the more difficult negotiations. This is not a paradigm that should be used for BGB.

Why not? First of all, all negotiations in BGB should have the ability to end in success (without spending diamonds). Second, the ability to generate tavern silver is limited even with the best of friends. If tavern silver is required for BGB, then the ability to negotiate for the average player (or even the super-powered player) is severely restricted. In other words, negotiations should allow unlimited tries (each try is still using up goods so there is no reason to have negotiations fail).

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
For the purposes of determining the ability to generate advancement points, do not take into consideration current stocks of goods in inventory - those will eventually become depleted. And once those stocks are gone, the only thing that matters is the ability to generate supplies on a daily basis. For the average player, this probably doesn't amount to more than 100 - 200 goods a day.
A novice player can receive large amounts of goods donated by the elders and negotiate everything with them.

400 Iron Age negotiations for example instead of 40 "futures"

DeletedUser10047

A novice player can receive large amounts of goods donated by the elders and negotiate everything with them.

400 Iron Age negotiations for example instead of 40 "futures"
Which then reduces the number of negotiations that the elder player can complete.

Also, the ability to trade down goods is limited to the availability of goods. Goods are not a limitless resource, and BGB will likely make huge amounts of goods disappear from the market.

DeletedUser

Depending on the actual negotiation costs, this could be a really good goods sink for all the stuff piling up in our inventories.

DeletedUser9717

Hi guys,

After reading the announcement and several comments, I still have a question (which probably is due to my bad understanding of the whole idea)

- Is It going todo be a specific hour for battling? I mean, "A new day" in GvsG in Spain starts at 20:05. And I am sure that this is one of the greatest drawbacks on the current GvsG and why It is only played by the 5% en the players. If you are not at that time, you don't have much to do later (if you arrive late to GvsG, probably your sectors have already been conquered or those in which you are interesred, have been already conquered) For that reason, for many players can't play the actual GvsG (I am an example of that. I like the current GvsG but sometimes I cannot play for the necessity of being connected at 20:05)

- Will the guilds for the battleground be selected randomly? Will be possible to Challenge others guild for fight? With the aim to move the "personal guilds fights" yo the new feature?

Regards!

DeletedUser8939

GvG 5% bone prestige only depends on 5% of the players. GvG is a failure but unfortunately it is what classifies in the global.
GB seems like a good idea but it will be a failure if the GvG is not removed.
1º The GvG is eliminated all the 100% of the materials are given to the guild treasure to be able to spend them in the GB.
2º Guild levels are maintained.
-PRESTIGIO starts with 50 multiplied by the level of the guild
- BONUS is maintained since the guild level is maintained.

DeletedUser8939

the global can not be used in 5% of the workers.
GvG fails and will continue failing if it is not eliminated.

DeletedUser6015

GvG 5% bone prestige only depends on 5% of the players. GvG is a failure but unfortunately it is what classifies in the global.
GB seems like a good idea but it will be a failure if the GvG is not removed.
1º The GvG is eliminated all the 100% of the materials are given to the guild treasure to be able to spend them in the GB.
2º Guild levels are maintained.
-PRESTIGIO starts with 50 multiplied by the level of the guild
- BONUS is maintained since the guild level is maintained.

No, traiding/negotiations costs are individual, not form the guilda treasury

DeletedUser8595

It would be useful to opt out (leave) the acquired sector in GvG. I apologize for the grammar - Google translator

DeletedUser7454

I already posted my comments on the live server chat so I will not repeat them here. But I would like to add something here.

That is that developer also should look into the time requirements to play this game. There are way too many functions like collecting, aiding, tavern visits, GE, settlement, GvG, GBs, trading, events, quests, continental maps, guild leveling and so on. So if someone plays this game like me, being a founder of a successful guild, then one quickly finds out that one can spend hours on this game just doing many repetitive tasks and management of the guild. The entertainment turns quickly into a second job. Now why I am saying this? Mostly as I was excited when I read the proposal as a guild founder/leader. I see a lots of potential in it for the guild. But as a player I felt the dread coming over me as what I saw is that I will need more time for this feature :(.
Maybe before this is introduced some more repetitive tasks should be streamlined and reduced. For example many find Aiding boring, and many dislike the repetitiveness of GE (not even the results justifies for them to do it again). For me, the personal breaking point was the introduction of the settlements and they just killed my passion for this game. I barely play now and only the community of my guild is what keeps me coming back.

What I am trying to say is this: the concept is GREAT on paper -- but please make sure that this is not just an addition to the already huge ToDo list in the game. Adding more time consuming task might deter many players. Please note more is not always better!

An additional note -- please rework the guilds rankings!! they do not reflect the actual ranks of the guilds as they are only based on GvG performance, something that even Inno admits, is played by only 5% of players. There are other means to level a guild and the strength of the gild is also in how well they work together in a common goal like leveling the guild or playing GE. My guild was the 1st level 75 guild on J world. Yet very few recognize how important this achievement is as everybody looks at the GvG ranking. Maybe you should introduce separate ranking for GvG, GE and the new feature -- and then make an integrated ranking based on all 3 these feature and also take in account guild levels. BUT for this feature IMO changing the ranking system is a MUST!

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Haha, I closed 2 towns after we got the Vikings. How much this will effect my 3 last worlds, I don't know.
Will I be able to afford enough Goods to do both the Battleground and GE, I don't know.
GE really need a few new rewards. I look forward to test the Battleground

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Thoughts on attrition and negotiating:
---
In GE negotiations require a tavern boost. Even with the boost, success is not assured for the more difficult negotiations. This is not a paradigm that should be used for BGB.

In GE, I may use some Diamonds but then done with 64 Encounters, I will have more Diamonds as I had when I started GE. Negotiations is very easy, when you know how to do it. Sure I can have a bad week, but they are rare :)

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Not really. FoE playing has recently started to exhibit addiction style behavior at both player level (addict) & Inno (supplier) for over a year now.

I am curious to know what are the sources of this "information". o_O

Do we really need a new feature? To be played on daily basis? We got settlements recently, and I don't see people playing them too much as they require micromanaging. People haven't got time for this.
All those positive and excited responses ... I wonder who are they coming from? People will try it and as it will require daily participation, most people will just abandon it. Like settlements. .

I think that it is great to have a variety of activities in the game. You don't need to do all of them to progress in the game. As I see it, it gives us the chance to play the sort of game that we like and also according to the time we have.

If Inno feels that new feature a must have, why it needs to be battling again?
Many of us were attracted to FOE by adverts to 'develop and grow my city through ages'; not to kill, kill, battle and steal on daily basis.
FOE is not only a city building game. It is a strategy game and its description on Innogames site makes it clear that fighting is part of the game. So, IMO, it is normal that Inno should develop functionalities that involve fights (although the BG will also allow to negociate).

DeletedUser10039

Attrition: At the moment attrition increases att/def by 2% then 5% then 20% so after about 30/40 fights you will need to wait 24 hours for attrition to reset. However I believe this also needs to work for negotiations too or players can just fight 30 times then start negotiating 100 more times. (this negates the whole purpose behind the attrition mechanics) Negotiating attrition can be done by increasing the goods required until it gets too expensive then they too would then wait 24 hours for the reset of attrition.

Haha, I closed 2 towns after we got the Vikings. How much this will effect my 3 last worlds, I don't know.
Will I be able to afford enough Goods to do both the Battleground and GE, I don't know.
GE really need a few new rewards. I look forward to test the Battleground
Hi Freja,
I also stopped active playing in some of the worlds due to too much new extra things ...
And real life needs me more than I wish ... lol

HossamAly

Merchant
Attrition: At the moment attrition increases att/def by 2% then 5% then 20% so after about 30/40 fights you will need to wait 24 hours for attrition to reset.

Is this confirmed? Where is this stated please? I can't find it
So what you mean is that for the first 10 battles it increases by 2% after every battle, then 5% for the next 10 battles, then 20% for the 10 after? So battle 31 would have 270% att/def? Wouldn't that be a bit much?