• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Luke Stark

Marquis
@Zarok Dai

Great feature! hats off to the devs...

Will You be able to answer just one question from me? please?

Will Guild Battleground REPLACE GvG or is it coming as a new feature to the game alongside the existing GvG?

Some remarks:

great ideas implemented:
- more people can play, no need to be exactly at 20:00 as with GvG
- more people can join in, You dont need a big ass Alcatraz to fight,
- negotiations for those hoarding goods and not playing as fighters :)
- mobile options will activate many more players to this feature
- only your own era sounds great, no need to build units from older eras
- posibility for rewards for your own city might be a huge push for the players to join in
- the leagues and 5 to 8 guilds on one battlegournd will eliminate smaller guilds helping the big players finally so it will be Guild vers Guild not 1 Guild and 4 others vers Guild :)

- Is there any plan or a idea how to STOP bots and scripts from this new feature????

DeletedUser

It would be just like in GvG, when all players would have to meet at scheduled time to conquer a piece of map, right? Not at 8 PM, but still. No good for me. I would see it rather like in GE :(

And would guilds be paired into eights also because of how many players they have? Or would that not be determined? If not, that would not be good. If my guild, which consist of 10 people will meet with 80 people guild - then the attriton thingie would work very bad for us, I imagine.

I mean, in GvG I can choose myself not to bother big, super strong guild if we are not prepared to war. Here that would be unobtainable luxury. And in GE system chooses for me the guilds we are capable to compete.

And why 10 days? Maybe 10 days for challenge and 4 for rest and wounds licking? That would be suitable. But if there wouldn't be longer break, 10 days is bad term - 7 days, like for GE, would be better for our in-game habits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionhead

Baronet
I like the idea very much.
A couple os thoughts:
1. I would like a 14 day cycle instead of 10 days. 13 days of actual gameplay, and 1 day off to rest, organize a new round, evaluate on previous round.
2. Negotiation. I assume the goods would come from Treasury. And if so, we as guild leaders need some ways of managing this. Since the goods, for some, still are valuable in GvG, we can´t have a guildie negotiating GB (Guild Battlegrounds) unlimited. Maybe it´s time to introduce some kind of filter in the Treasury, so it would be much easier to see who and on what which goods were spent. And you´ll probably have to revisit the cost of sieging in GvG, depending on how good the special building, which we will win fragments to, will be.
3. Speaking of that special building. Will this automatically follow player age? Maybe it would be worth considering letting it stay the age in which it was built, and be upgradebale using Reno-kits or One-up-kit? That would give diverse guilds age-wise a chance of generating goods in most ages for use in GvG.

Lionhead

Baronet
And would guilds be paired into eights also because of how many players they have?

I clearly states that Guild Battlegrounds will be separeted into leagues. So you will (eventually) be paired with 5-8 guild from the same league. No matter how many members are in those guilds. The better you do, the higher the league. You can move up in the next league by continuing to do well, as well as you can be relegated into lower league by not doing well.

DeletedUser

2. Negotiation. I assume the goods would come from Treasury. And if so, we as guild leaders need some ways of managing this. Since the goods, for some, still are valuable in GvG, we can´t have a guildie negotiating GB (Guild Battlegrounds) unlimited. Maybe it´s time to introduce some kind of filter in the Treasury, so it would be much easier to see who and on what which goods were spent. And you´ll probably have to revisit the cost of sieging in GvG, depending on how good the special building, which we will win fragments to, will be.
I thought goods for negotiations would be our personal goods... like guild is giving me no extra army to burn in fights, why it should give me goods to burn in negotiations?

DeletedUser

I clearly states that Guild Battlegrounds will be separeted into leagues. So you will (eventually) be paired with 5-8 guild from the same league. No matter how many members are in those guilds. The better you do, the higher the league. You can move up in the next league by continuing to do well, as well as you can be relegated into lower league by not doing well.
You're right :) still, no good for mobile-only guilds, as they tend to be small, like mine is. Disadvatage from the start and reason to re-think construction of guild.

DeletedUser

But still, I forgot to mention that I am very excited about this new feature :D Another way for me, mostly mobile player, to contribute to guilds power. And for the first time - prestige! Great :D

Lionhead

Baronet
You're right :) still, no good for mobile-only guilds, as they tend to be small, like mine is. Disadvatage from the start and reason to re-think construction of guild.

In the beginning some guilds will be at a disadvantage. I can´t see how this can be avoided. But within a few rounds the leagues will be formed, so you´ll get paired with guilds who performs fairly close to your own, so I don´t see how this will affect app-guilds in a negative way.

Lionhead

Baronet
I thought goods for negotiations would be our personal goods... like guild is giving me no extra army to burn in fights, why it should give me goods to burn in negotiations?

Guild doesn´t give me extra units to do GvG, but gives me goods to pay for sieges nevertheless. I don´t see how your argument is valid here, sorry.
But unless I have missed it in the announcement or @Zarok Dai can enlighten us, we´ll just have to wait and see.

DeletedUser

In the beginning some guilds will be at a disadvantage. I can´t see how this can be avoided. But within a few rounds the leagues will be formed, so you´ll get paired with guilds who performs fairly close to your own, so I don´t see how this will affect app-guilds in a negative way.
Well, it depends how points would be counted - determined amount for "ground" or for player. In the first case - amount of members would not be taken into consideration, so guild with 10 players could score the same amount of points like 80-player-guild. But in 80-player-guild there would be naturally more fighters than in 10-people-guild and they could score more points not even being close to their "attrition".

DeletedUser

Guild doesn´t give me extra units to do GvG, but gives me goods to pay for sieges nevertheless. I don´t see how your argument is valid here, sorry.
But unless I have missed it in the announcement or @Zarok Dai can enlighten us, we´ll just have to wait and see.
In GE I burn my own army and goods - that is my point...
And goods from treasury would serve to put special buildings on the defeated grounds, so I don't see why we should give them for negotiations, that would be absurd.

DeletedUser

Will Guild Battleground REPLACE GvG or is it coming as a new feature to the game alongside the existing GvG?

Battleground is not going to replace GvG. GvG will still be there.

Is there any plan or a idea how to STOP bots and scripts from this new feature????

This is an entirely separate subject.
To clarify, I didn't mean that bots are not a related subject here, just that it was a large scope issue. Specifically to this feature bot exploits have been taken into consideration as it is developed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionhead

Baronet
Well, it depends how points would be counted - determined amount for "ground" or for player. In the first case - amount of members would not be taken into consideration, so guild with 10 players could score the same amount of points like 80-player-guild. But in 80-player-guild there would be naturally more fighters than in 10-people-guild and they could score more points not even being close to their "attrition".

And as the 80-player-guild score more points, they will move up in leagues, eventually leaving your 10-player-guild in the same league, with other guilds who has performed points-wise close to your guild. And that can still be a 70-player-guild, if not all 70 participate.

DeletedUser

And as the 80-player-guild score more points, they will move up in leagues, eventually leaving your 10-player-guild in the same league, with other guilds who has performed points-wise close to your guild. And that can still be a 70-player-guild, if not all 70 participate.
I am just wondering if I can effectively compete with big guilds - like in GvG or in GE (where we are counted by percentage, which could be, of course, disadvantage to big guild - but it's not, because they are not paired with small guilds). Do you understand my concern? Because here would be limit to the points a guild can score, unlike in GvG (unless you will take over whole map in 5 min., I know...).

I guess you neither understand me nor care about my concern, so we better stop the topic until something new about scoring system will be known.