• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Dan 77

Squire
I was excited firstly, but I'm already not.

It's pretty good that there will be something for mobiles, but preserve the nice complexity of GvG!! And I really don't want an another map again (continents + neighbourhoods + GvG + GE + battleground for each 10 days) for players even to be there on time (exactly when battleground starts to have chance to win!) with none practical affect/influence to existing GvG maps...

In which time will battlegrounds start? Better in the evening, but not in the same time as GvG countdown refreshes...

Which goods will the province buildings at the battleground cost? "Leader role" is too high and already too omnipotent authorization for it - and, on the other hand, "Trustworthy" (or how it's called in English to doo something in GvG a to look at hiden forums) is too low for the new game content - the same problem has unlocking levels of GE! Will be there any new guild authorization?

Finally, will be there any utilisation for post-Future goods?

Last edited:

Thunderbummy

Marquis
I have always been a fighter at heart so any opportunity for a few more battles will go down well with me. From the couple of graphics provided, there looks to be an emulation of the continental map format rather than the GvG format. That gives rise to my only serious concern. When implemented, please ensure that battles follow the GvG & PvP AI - that is to say - enemy attacks rogues first. If you deploy the Continental map AI (ignore rogues until other units killed) you will not get the increased participation that you are seeking. Whilst some may play, that AI uses up military units at an unsustainable rate and make rogues virtually redundant.

DeletedUser7503

i am strongly opposed to this proposal as i stated in the live server forum. IF you wanted to "fix" gvg then you should have come to the player base and asked for ideas how to do that.
1. viking village -micromanagement required
2. SAM -micromanagement required
3. proposed GVG change-micromanagement required
WHAT do all three have in common???? ......... A reason to spend diamonds to push past the time sinks!

YES there are ways to improve gvg, ask for ideas I'm sure the community has some. Run your proposed change in parallel to see if people actually will participate in it, enjoy it, want it. BUT don't shove a significant change down the throat of the player base which will NEGATE years of effort building their character, because this proposal does just that.

DeletedUser10099

:):)
Creo que para hacer más atractivas las GVG hay que tener en la cuenta el tema de los recursos y como incentivar las ciudades más chicas y los jugadores que tienen un menor ranking para que participen donando productos a la tesorería .... en Expediciones los materiales invertidos no se pierda por los ataques de los grandes gremios que pueden quitarte zonas en unos minutos y se recuperan rapido ... tal vez crear otra GE mas facil de construir que el ARCA ... tal vez poder construir mas de 1 OBSERVATORIO o elegir el tipo de un recurso que produzca el FARO o BABEL

Muchos asedios se pierden por la falta de materiales. También se usa mucho para instalar las defensas y los que se consumen recursos en donde casi siempre se terminan ganando los gremios más grandes y el poco atractivo para los gremios más pequeños.

Translation:
I think that in order to make the GVG more attractive, we have to take into account the issue of resources and how to incentivize the smaller cities and the players that have a lower ranking to participate by donating products to the treasury ... in Expeditions the materials inverted do not miss out on the attacks of the big guilds that can take away areas in a few minutes and recover quickly ... maybe create another GE easier to build than the ARK ... maybe be able to build more than 1 OBSERVATORY or choose the type of a resource that produces the FARO or BABEL

Many sieges are lost due to lack of materials. It is also used a lot to install defenses and those that consume resources where they almost always end up winning the biggest guilds and unattractive for smaller guilds.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-05-23 -
Please provide an English translation when you post on the Beta-forum in another language!

Last edited by a moderator:

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
it's still early
to talk about the new feature
It would be nice to see how it works in practice
but I have the impression that it looks more like it
with its evolution of the map Guild Expeditions
and not evolution of the map Guild vs Guild

Snazzle

Merchant
Are guilds going to be automatically entered into this new feature , as in a battleground starts and chooses 5 guilds to compete against each other just like GE does ?
But lets say for example 3 or even 4 of the guilds do not partake in leaving just 1 or 2 guilds to fight .
Thus easy pickings if guilds are automatically entered which is the case some weeks on GE , therefore I suggest a choice of whether your guild is entered into battleground by automatically default mode is Not to partake in event
and a checkbox for participation is required by guild leader just like unlocking GE lvls .
Costing x amount of medals to partake .

DeletedUser10047

Are guilds going to be automatically entered into this new feature , as in a battleground starts and chooses 5 guilds to compete against each other just like GE does ?
But lets say for example 3 or even 4 of the guilds do not partake in leaving just 1 or 2 guilds to fight .
Thus easy pickings if guilds are automatically entered which is the case some weeks on GE , therefore I suggest a choice of whether your guild is entered into battleground by automatically default mode is Not to partake in event
and a checkbox for participation is required by guild leader just like unlocking GE lvls .
Only for the first few weeks will there be easy pickings. Winning guilds get boosted to a higher league - and the only guilds in the higher leagues are those which are not easy pickings.

Dan 77

Squire
Who will have a benefit from that?

hujjik

Squire
1) Changing guilds every 10 days? Maybe 7 or 14 days would be better. Many people work on a weekly cycle, making it easier to play.
2) Negotiating - It will use the player goods or Guild treasury goods? Guild treasury will be better, but how to secure enough goods in the treasury to open guild expeditions?
3) The map should change with every change of guild (Variability helps to replaying)
Tips?
Guilds begin at the center of the map, guilds begin at one side, map in hand shape, map with lake in center, etc. ....

Snazzle

Merchant
Only for the first few weeks will there be easy pickings. Winning guilds get boosted to a higher league - and the only guilds in the higher leagues are those which are not easy pickings.

Assuming this is going to work like GE and battle ground automatically enters your guild into event , then those whom have not partaken will keep being thrown into the easy leagues then , and so
the first stage of league battleground will be full of no partaking guilds ,thus entry cost and unlocking for partaking will eliminate non playing guilds and therefore Only guilds wanting to partake will so
thus lowest league will not be full of non partaking guilds , which is the case for GE .
Every week i see guilds with zero % score in GE .

SergeB1

Squire
2) Negotiating - It will use the player goods or Guild treasury goods? Guild treasury will be better, but how to secure enough goods in the treasury to open guild expeditions?
When you are fighting on GvG, are you using your units or "guild" units? Of cause your own. Why should any farmer use guild treasury goods for his negotiations?

In general, new concept looks for me interesting, but please, Inno, do not brake GvG!!!

DeletedUser7959

Yea, if you say that GvG plays less than 5% of your players than you should realize it will be even less after this new feature. :confused:
I don't think fixing bugs that we already used to will help, but for sure is needed.
(continents + neighbourhoods + GvG + GE + battleground for each 10 days)
+1, it's just too much

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan 77

Squire
An important cognition for me:
This won't be a new GvG for mobiles, but an another GE! Also GE has been implemented to replace GvG for mobile players, but it didn't influenced GE in any mean! I hope that at least the bugs in GvG will be fixed, as you claim - there are too many of them already.

DeletedUser9982

I see people here aaying that.. its to much already..
Having GvG, GE, Campaign, etc..

I dont agree at all!
People who have more time to play FoE will play on every field!
If you dont have time.. thats none of my business
So ... dont ruin the game, this briliant idea, just because.. its to much!

App, the game becomes available everywhere!! You can log in at anytime anywhere!
I dont see the reason to complain!!

Go Inno, your doing a great job!!
Bring it on as soon as possible

Dessire

Regent
This obviously will replace gvg. Gvg will disappear eventually (because more guilds will participate in this new feature more than in gvg)
Also i hate gvg and this feature looks a lot better for me, and also i only play using my cellphone so this would be better..
That being said.; i would preffer a guild vs guild feature like in the game "underworld empire" where every 4 hours 2 random guilds fights against each other attacking 9 squares. In each square you can find different buildings that give different bonuses to guild members during the fight. Inside of each building you can find enemie players defending and you must kill them in order to attack the building directly. Each kill and building destroyed gives points. The fight last 2 hours and the guild that got more points wins the encounter.

DeletedUser5097

Intressting concept giving VP in late stages of the many battles a great
new benefit. Enabling you to push a bit futher. I'm looking forward to this
new thing. I I wasn't so bussy in RL I couldn't wait to play this. Giving also
the option for peacefull contributions is great, because all players can
help the guild thnx to this.

conqueror9

Regent
A demo video is required
how Inno describe ..is just some words
A demo can shows ..how it works

how many guilds per battlefields ?
what happen if some guild "grouped into same battlefield" is less active or even inactive.....

bear in mind, those who involve in battlefields is the same SAME amount of player, no new player
how many time they can spare ??
how many soldier they can spare into different part of game ( quest, GvG, GE, contential map ...etc), will there some change in soldier (e.g. more soldiers by inno in GB, train faster....., soldier used in battlefields will not lost...)

1 of reason why some guild do not play much....becos they are always the super unlucky one (last position when compare with others), the prize for the last position when battlefields end should be attractive such that those guild feel they are not just a "show up" only

DeletedUser7959

I dont agree at all!
I didn't say Guild Battlegrounds is a bad idea, no, it's an awesome idea. But it looks like a killer for already existing and dying GvG and fixing bugs will not help it to succeed. That 5 % of players will have to choose rather play both of them (if they can) or only one, for the rest 95% the choice is obvious: to play on battlegrounds or to not play at all...