• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event

vicbeta

Farmer
i left blocks "uncleared" thinking i could go back and get them later. let us retrace our steps...
i think the tool packages are too expensive and not proportioned to my liking. i want WAY more brushes than shovels, and only an occasional stick of tnt. i guess the cost would be ok if the proportion of stuff was what i want. like 1 tnt; 5 shovels, 15 brushes. or make brushes much more common in the crypt...
and i definitely need more scrolls.... :)
i like the game a lot; nice change up! :)

DeletedUser

You are wrong, my friend. The first package is waste of scrolls. But not "everything else". Since there are NOT special tiles to be destroyed by dynamite only, it has only a limited use... and you do need ratio about 4 brushes for 1 shovel for best performance. So I'd buy that 330 scrolls package like twice or three times and then just keep buying single brushes, because you need most of them.... and keep an eye on your shovel inventory.

this game mechanic is IDENTICAL with mining in the game Township mobile which I play for over 2 years, so you can trust me in that.
Not that I have no faith in you ;) in but I found dynamite quite useful to destroy a lot of times 4 tiles at once. And since in 330 package they are cheap and come with a lot of brushes - it seems to me, that it is the best package to be chosen.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not that I have no faith in you ;) in but I found dynamite quite useful to destroy a lot of times 4 tiles at once. And since in 330 package they are cheap and come with a lot of brushes - it seems to me, that it is the best package to be chosen.

Yes in general dynamite is 'at least as good as a brush' - in that whatever you were going to brush you can dynamite the square you're coming from instead and take out additional squares that may or may not be of value. Shovels as they don't go forward but only up or down are less clear-cut winners. But i have had some tool batches where I go through my shovels quite quickly.

DeletedUser8362

Any news yet on how to win the Carousel ?

Dig it up or Daily special ?

DeletedUser8351

And since in 330 package they are cheap and come with a lot of brushes - it seems to me, that it is the best package to be chosen.
@FinkAdele
I agree, for me this package is the one to take, I think it's the most profitable, in any case, it's the one I take every time
I arrived at the timed quests, and I have 4 improvements of world's fair, so I'm at half of this building, I hope I'll have it all arrived at the end of the event

DeletedUser8859

That is not an answer to the question.

The question was: How could you know about the Stats of the Building before the Event even has started ??
  • My answer to the question is how I found the stats, by checking the Spoiler section, at a thread created for the event.
  • Maybe I should have said "By checking the Spoiler section" or "By reading at the Spoiler sub forum". Are you the linguistic / semantics / language usage official judge? Congrats on your new title then.
  • I would wait for Azrael der Furchtlose (who asked the question) for feedback on my reply.
Other players may answer the question differently, since they may have other methods to find the information (hacking non published files at Inno websites?). You are free to answer the question as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8277

An avatar as a Daily Prize, or other kind of reward at an event will be protested by some players as a no value reward. But for others they can be a valued one.
I never saw it but knowing that now makes my avatar feel all the more applicable =)

That is true but another great thing about this format is if a player doesn't want to use a brush to dig it up or even grab it if it's there they don't have to.

Omg, that's exactly how I feel and also the reason why I have it as my avatar on forum.. It's THE avatar I really wish I had and also would not mind paying diamonds for it.
See Devs I'm not alone =) Pretty pretty please make it available again or let us buy it.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 9.46.40 PM.png

DeletedUser10000

Not sure I really like this event, clever and new, progress VERY slow. 20 idols per level seems too many, and the amounts of scrolls needed to buy tools seems too high for what they do. meh!

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Not sure I really like this event, clever and new, progress VERY slow. 20 idols per level seems too many, and the amounts of scrolls needed to buy tools seems too high for what they do. meh!
It depend of the price you pay for your tools, iff you buy them one at the time, it vil be very slow and I doubt you will get to level 10. If you spare your scroll to you can buy the large tools pack.
I was a little slow to see that and do only have 3 upgrade, almost 4, missing 3 idols but I still believe if I resist buying single tools, I will make it.
At least I will be more wise when it get to live servers.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

the 330pack is the only way to go, with maybe the odd loose brush.
i wasted a lot of tools opening empty slots. but i think iv figured out how to tell which are empty now.
scrolls as incidents would be nice and very welcome, or larger scroll rewards.

All in all a very enjoyable event so far, the best one for a long time.
Looking forward to it on live

DeletedUser

Vases are picked automatically, when you go deeper.So not really improvement, but at least we have no choice...
The question was: How could you know about the Stats of the Building before the Event even has started ??
  • My answer to the question is how I found the stats, by checking the Spoiler section, at a thread created for the event.
  • Maybe I should have said "By checking the Spoiler section" or "By reading at the Spoiler sub forum". Are you the linguistic / semantics / language usage official judge? Congrats on your new title then.
  • I would wait for Azrael der Furchtlose (who asked the question) for feedback on my reply.
Other players may answer the question differently, since they may have other methods to find the information (hacking non published files at Inno websites?). You are free to answer the question as well.
I have no habit to answer questions I do not know answers to. Try it sometimes instead of collecting achievments on forum.

DeletedUser

Yes in general dynamite is 'at least as good as a brush' - in that whatever you were going to brush you can dynamite the square you're coming from instead and take out additional squares that may or may not be of value. Shovels as they don't go forward but only up or down are less clear-cut winners. But i have had some tool batches where I go through my shovels quite quickly.
Sure, I hit the same wall. But as dynamite costs 50 scrolls and in 330 package we get them 8, so getting additional 20 brushes and 8 shovels seems like the best deal there is. That was my point, but I may be wrong ;)