• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser1418

I want to add to @Zarok Dai's statement, that Forge is not always about cherry picking.
You refuse to research technologies, yet want all the free rewards. You most likely are already rewarded with campaign map progress (units, expansions, diamonds) and perhaps more GB levels than other players. Why should you always get everything for free?

It's rather simple: research and gain event rewards or don't research and enjoy your massive ingame progress.

Researching tech is part of game strategy. You should be able to play the game in the age you want. Inno should and cannot force you to upgrade using the seasonal quest. If this is part of the questline (I understand it is) we should be warned beforehand. I will skip this event on the live servers. 14% city defence sucks anyways...

DeletedUser7431

It is sickening being asked to make a research without any alternative - and you can't do one without entering next age - which obviously not everyone laways want at such time ....

DeletedUser5160

Another fix they could have done is not to have research or provincial stuff period...... They went the harder route and made research or scouting mandatory...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Just have seen the stats of the sleigh builder - it is crazy OP!
With two sleigh builders you get double the goods on only a little more space than the recently "buffed" laboratory (residential building and streets considered!)

only downside would be that you need more upgrade kits going through the ages...

1000 from 10 per quest and daily login,

It is 310 from daily login, 400 from the rush quests, 300 from the mile stone and 465 for the daily quests (you get 15 per daily quest, it seems) = 1475
so you only need a little luck to get the stars from presents (need 25 but will get about 250) and also a little luck not to fall too short on the "2 candles per match" in the average...

Devilsangel

Baronet
With regards to the "fix" we had alternatives to these kinds of quests before the alternative was always donating goods to the Guild treasury and that scenario worked perfectly for all parties..
Wasn't the logical fix to changed the quest to already checked and working conditions instead of what occurred?

I myself jumped the gun and moved up an age and regret it miserably...because all the quests on fight or resolve are now very hard to do without current age goods and army...and there are a lot of them..so this isn't a deal breaker just for campers, for people who are just moving up techs and aren't prepared to make the leap into next age it's a rather big inconvenience that slows down the whole event.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Wasn't the logical fix to changed the quest to already checked and working conditions instead of what occurred?

Yeah it is strange that the autocomplete with alternatives (of the new quest system) works with "aquire sector or spend goods" but not under other conditions...

I myself jumped the gun and moved up an age and regret it miserably
I went from Bronce to Iron (mainly to get to the wiking as quick as possible) - but the "jump" there might not be as big as for other ages, since recruiting new armies is still rather quick in Iron age...

Today I had the choice between researching military tactics to be able to search for fightable neighbors (at least neighborhood just changed - otherwise that would not have been possible) or spending the 100 goods to the treassury - I opted for the later (lazy) option, as I already had some stock amassed and did not want to play hide and seek with the neighbors who did not unlock fighting yet...

Last edited:

DeletedUser8277

A 2nd spire will likely require an additional 22 trees or 2200 stars
Thank you for the math and please forgive my stupidity but are you sure you can get 2 spires? The upgrade kit isn't a selection kit so it doesn't contain the original building that was given during the questline and so far (according to the wiki at least) I don't see the Spire level 1 as a prize able to be won using the matches/tree lighting.

DeletedUser9606

Dear developers and beta members,

Will the 2nd spire level 1 be available to be won through matches/tree lightings in live servers starting from December? That's excluding the 1st spire level 1 won through completing 10 daily quests.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Penki

DeletedUser9123

Yeah it is strange that the autocomplete with alternatives (of the new quest system) works with "aquire sector or spend goods" but not under other conditions...

I went from Bronce to Iron (mainly to get to the wiking as quick as possible) - but the "jump" there might not be as big as for other ages, since recruiting new armies is still rather quick in Iron age...

Today I had the choice between researching military tactics to be able to search for fightable neighbors (at least neighborhood just changed - otherwise that would not have been possible) or spending the 100 goods to the treassury - I opted for the later (lazy) option, as I already had some stock amassed and did not want to play hide and seek with the neighbors who did not unlock fighting yet...
Piece of advice: Don't access the military tactics until you're ready to deal with the IA campers that will pounce on you

Devilsangel

Baronet
So the mobile version was updated and still no winter event on the app, at least for me...using android version 8.0.0...

Any news as to when it will be available from the app? Or is it just me?

DeletedUser

Any news as to when it will be available from the app? Or is it just me?

Once the 1.139 app update has been forced to all platforms then we will activate the event on mobile. Hopefully it will still be this week.

DeletedUser9548

Join a guild, ask if anyone can help with the quest by trading. At the very least you should be able to find someone willing to trade 50 for 50, then trade again so you both have what you started with. Quest complete.
I have joined a guild but we're all beginners and that includes my neighbors. Events like these requesting a huge amount of resources are difficult to complete. But that's okay. When I'm stuck, I don't play FoE and if I'm not playing the game, Inno is not getting any money from me buying diamonds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have joined a guild but we're all beginners and that includes my neighbors. Events like these requesting a huge amount of resources are difficult to complete. But that's okay. When I'm stuck, I don't play FoE and if I'm not playing the game, Inno is not getting any money from me buying diamonds.

The trick works for beginners too :) Though yes if you have a veteran in your guild they'll be able to tell it to you :p Even if the two of you only have 10 goods, there's no FP cost to trading inside guild so you can just bounce it back and forth between you to gather 100 goods.

So a new update for the app was available today. Installed it. Still no Winter Event access for mobile (or at least not on Android).

DeletedUser

can somebody post what to do now on the quests where they removed the research ?

Mr.Quib

Squire
There was also a 'scout province' quest with the second option removed (quest 36), any changes on that one?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Piece of advice: Don't access the military tactics until you're ready to deal with the IA campers that will pounce on you

Sry but that is unnecessary advice...
1. There is no way you can be "ready for campers" just by waiting with unlocking military tactics, unless you are willing to camp a year as well...
2. You can only prepare against casual plunderers - that is already done by putting 8 units of the current age in the defense and the units can be easily won in the first two GE or produced in barracks in some hours...
3. Punctual collection avoids plundering ;D - and that is what i usually do...

DeletedUser9643

I made it to the first full tree and was wondering about the order of animations.

I started with 2 candles not ligthened. Then I used a match.
At once I got the full-tree award.
After I acknowledged this, it was shown how many candles will be enlightened (3 in total) and those were moving to the tree. Finally I got a new tree with 1 candle enlightened.

I expected that first the candles are shown and that they move towards the tree and after that I get the full-tree award, not vice-versa.