• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser1418

Game over if this stay. Game increasingly unpopular due to hiked diamond prizes. People were literally ripped off to buy diamonds and now new players are lurked in with free bees - of course people around the world realized that playing online games are so much more expensive than playing a PS4 or XBox game!

Start a new FoE game with add's but dont add them here. To test you need to start from scratch. Very unfair to the existing paying customers!

DeletedUser1418

Treasure hunt never had an option to disable, yet there were still players that did not participate in it.

I appreciate everyone's feelings here, but we are a test server and this feature hasn't even been released for 24 hours yet.
So if there are issues with it not working correctly, or ways it could work better, then those are things we can work on. However I think it's a bit premature for anyone to decide to stop playing over a feature that's only been in testing a few hours, though of course that is your choice to make.

Zai, as much as I appreciate your thoughts, this feature does nothing to improve or enhance the game. It only feeds InnoGames money making system by abusing our bandwidth.

DeletedUser

Zai, as much as I appreciate your thoughts, this feature does nothing to improve or enhance the game. It only feeds InnoGames money making system by abusing our bandwidth.

There are many games that have the same mechanic in them, and they don't enhance the game play of those games either. All I can say is successful games continue to get developed, ones that are not disappear, but that's just my opinion.
As to bandwidth I will need to do some performance tests before I could even comment. Though as some of you clearly do not want to view ads, I doubt it will affect your bandwidth in any way, but again, also just my opinion :)

DeletedUser5746

innogames advertise with " explore new ages" , but bring us in the IA advertising about cars from 2018? You are so sad Innogames, so sad!
Foe bring so much money for you, but you have nothing better to do as a game full of advertising?

DeletedUser1418

There are many games that have the same mechanic in them, and they don't enhance the game play of those games either. All I can say is successful games continue to get developed, ones that are not disappear, but that's just my opinion.
As to bandwidth I will need to do some performance tests before I could even comment. Though as some of you clearly do not want to view ads, I doubt it will affect your bandwidth in any way, but again, also just my opinion :)

Probably so, but those games started off right away with advertising, unlike FoE. Players here started without add's, had to pay in diamonds to get where they are. None of them however last longer than a year...

To test this feature, start a fresh world. PS: Most people has add-blockers installed to prevent malware/add-ware on their computers. Most anti-virus comes with this feature nowadays.

I think InnoGames are fishing behind the nets...only desperate people will hunt adds for goods, and my guess is children will be the victim here. Unless InnoGames stop this shameful move, this game will go down the tube like GoodGame...

DeletedUser8548

I feel it should be a couple diamonds as a reward. not the usual that we earn on everything else.. makes sense when it is done for money .. give us the virtual game cash

DeletedUser8068

Tried to watch an ad just to test. Get thank you in another language. I would prefer players have the option to delete this theater from their city. At the very least, players should be allowed to move this theater to a corner of their city so they do not have to see it.

DeletedUser7239

Tried to watch an ad just to test. Get thank you in another language. I would prefer players have the option to delete this theater from their city. At the very least, players should be allowed to move this theater to a corner of their city so they do not have to see it.

Or the option to blow it up from the city to pieces, i think i can tell everyone hates ads

DeletedUser4381

There are many games that have the same mechanic in them, and they don't enhance the game play of those games either.

Actually they tend to offer enhancements in the form of premium currency, or rare items. If Inno provided worthwhile rewards then you'd get a lot more acceptance. As it is it just looks like a cheapo money grab.

Inno need to realise that a lot of modern players are now looking at their time as being more valuable than some scrapings from the bottom of the barrel.

DeletedUser6484

I would never trust these ads to be safe to run on my PC. Inno simply doesn't care about players enough to spend the money for the level of security needed to protect us. I'll never watch one of these ads for that reason. When it becomes mandatory to watch ads as part of quests in the game, I'll quit. Even if it were safe, the rewards are not worth wasting the time to watch.

BTW - it's not a game feature. Don't call it that. Suggest that you call it an Innogames revenue generation function.

DeletedUser6089

Big eye sore on the game landscape. Cheap Inno money grab. We all know they will not remove it ( when do they ever really listen to their gaming public) so if we stay we must suffer with it. Such a shame to bring down the game.

DeletedUser5160

Inno, Just wanted to state there were less intrusive ways to include ads.

This show hall offers little value to the aesthetics to my town. No decent rewards for anyone late to end game. Also offers no security for the person who would be the slightest bit interested in viewing it.

I'm finding it harder and harder to want to log into this game. There has been no player value added and when there has been, it is diluted with avatars in the tech tree or a sea of events. The increasing amount of loot boxes and the terrible power creep disguised as leveling up a building multiple times makes me think ideas are running out of ideas and you are doing what is left to keep generating revenue for this game.

You all have fallen a very long way since I first started back in...... 2013 I think? The draw was making significant progress when a full age released as well as guaranteed prizes I could pick and choose. Concession, after concession, after excuse have been given to us with the apparent intention we could do nothing to debate it. Get your act together.

Last edited by a moderator:

jtrucker

Baronet
You know the game Ikariam (by Gameforge) ? It has something very similar - theater with ads. It gives 20% production boost for 6 or 12 (sorry, don't remember, long time) hours, a bonus you have to buy with premium currency otherwise. Trust me, everyone was watching this (usually the same hehehe) ad every 6 (12) hours.
When ads generates real income for you (=Innogames) you simply must give something from it back to the ad viewers. And that something is NOT coins/supplies/few medals. It is as simple as that. Everyone understands that you need to make money, you don't have to give back everything - 5 diamonds? One building of a set? Building upgrade? Soldier? Then people will watch it. Otherwise it will just be sitting at the edge of town. (I personally don't need to see it removed - if no real rewards, I won't watch and I don't care if it sits there).

Another point I want to make is about the code:
People have ad-blockers on, and for very good reasons. Not only is Internet full of annoying pop-up windows, but ad could also have malicious content. No matter how well you gonna vet for the ad, some other internet ads could have it, thus the ad-blocker is on. So you guys need to fix the code. If I click on that button "Watch ad" = I want to see it, that is my permission to you to show and it should skip through the ad-blocker. If I don't want to see it, I won't click on it, right?
IF it is required to turn the ad-blocker off to show me a minute long video of something; that means your code sucks and it is tough luck for you. I cannot imagine a single sane person who would be turning off the ad-blocker before clicking on the building in the game and after watching it turning the ad-blocker back on (remember - we WANT the ad-blocker on at all other times for above stated reasons)... and doing it like x-times a day. That's crazy and no one would do it. So please, fix the code. If I click on embedded video on a web page, it starts playing. If a page want to open a separate window for it, it gets blocked. So apparently it could be programmed properly.

Well, ads are everywhere, so they are now here as well. No big surprise (actually, it is surprising how long we could play without them). I can understand why you won't (and kinda can't) listen to the cries for removal (thus I'm crying only silently :)). But you should listen to the cries for change, cuz as it is now, it is dumb.

P.S. haven't seen any ad yet - "No ads available". And if it is tied to geo-location, you better untie it. My geo-locations are off on all devices and they will stay off permanently. I really don't need for the whole world to know when and where I went to the bathroom with my device in my hands, sorry :D:D:D

1BFA

Viceroy
Can the Admin please answer what was asked earlier in thread:

In the near future, will DC include watch ad?

qaccy

Emperor
Is it possible to get any official word regarding the security of these ads? Even if the rewards were great to the point that everyone *wants* to watch ads, I'm not going to if doing so has a chance of installing anything on my PC. Is this something we need to be concerned with or not?

DeletedUser8406

If devs wants to have it there, they shoud do some changes.
- Ad shoud be everytime available. If there is no else, it might be for another Inno game. I tried it several times and still no ad.
- Bigger rewards than in incidents (at least the same like in unusual incidents)
- Possibility for winning few diamonds or single unit (e.g. 20% money, 20% hammers, 20% medals, 15% unit, 15% 5FP , 10% diamonds for every ad)
- Sometimes (1/5 ads) possibility for winning something extra (set building, upgrade for event building etc)