• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

BUG

To reproduce on the app (iOS, iPad)
  1. Tap on the Winter Event icon
  2. Tap on start
  3. After winning most of the board without the special, win the 2x
  4. Collect the 2x
  5. Next win the special (I think I only had about 4 options at this point)
  6. Stop playing for the day

Next day showed the 2x overlay graphic against the new special, on the first appearance of the Winter Event and before playing the Event. Subsequent views did not show it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The way buildings are placed in the game i tend to view the 'top' as the top-right side of the screen. and hence 2x1 is vertical in my eyes. So yes, if you view top left as up then my diagram is rotated by 90 degrees :)

clebert

Merchant
Latest layout inspired by andi's 'same size as a terrace farm' approach (11 pieces, all fully active) :

nominal space (half count for road) : 35 - 36 (roads could be top and bottom or it could be planted in a corner as below)
13 goods
5 FP
6% atk
5% def
5% coin
5% supply

Code:
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
r/-----+-----+-----+-----+-----\
r|moose meadow     |toymaker   |
r+                 +           +
r|                 |           |
r+-----+-----+-----+           +
r|halm |tink |mfort|           |
r+bock +tent +-----+-----+-----+
r|     |     |smorgasbord|halm |
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+bock +
r|sugar baker|sstar|mfort|     |
r+           +-----+-----+-----+
r|           |candlemaker|
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+

It meets the 'as good as SoKs' line for space, but nowhere close on prize wins if you still need stuff. The 6% atk is a nice improvement - the rest, meh. And I still stand by the assertion that it should be made easier by coupling up some of the crappy prizes.

I'll probably either go for set pieces or not play the event at all on my main world (don't need more rogues or SoKs). Farms will be wishing wells. New world will be rogue hideouts and SoKs probably.
I am still saying doesn't worth the full set, for 6 ./. attack? In that space i build a military barrack
that can give me between 5 and 7 percent... on a very smaller space.

clebert

Merchant
Nice see my friends Big Baloney and Zwucki here :) i agree with them, and if i can tell you
don't worry about the full set, doesn't worth the effort and maybe will not get the full
set without spending diamonds. Save the stars for sok or wishing well. ,and complain
about the stupid quests asking for finish production 40 times. No creativity , nothing
more difficult than that but don't take a long time to get done ?
Uuuuiii ,now is not lack of creativity, is revenge! They read whay i post here and
did it again, 25 times 15 min and 12 times 4 hours lol .i hate you FoE !

DeletedUser5429

I am still saying doesn't worth the full set, for 6 ./. attack? In that space i build a military barrack
that can give me between 5 and 7 percent... on a very smaller space.
A military barrack giving you between 5 and 7% attack and 5 FPs per day and 5% defense and 13 goods per day and +5% coin and +5% supplies ? o_O

DeletedUser6891

No military buildings, just unattached troops like the summer event. That was the best part about these events. Now we get 2 FPs or a drummer boy.

DeletedUser8341

BUG

It is 12:25 am and I have had the game open on my app since before midnight.
I have not collected the day's stars yet.
I am told that the next quest starts in 0s :
(I have a graphic but it won't upload to the forum.)

Closing and re-opening the Quest Overview made no difference. I logged out and back in and everything seems OK.

clebert

Merchant
No military buildings, just unattached troops like the summer event. That was the best part about these events. Now we get 2 FPs or a drummer boy.
That is right. I remember when i just reach The Future and event gave me 3 barracks
of railgun , very powerful at that time, and last technologye to unlock

clebert

Merchant
A military barrack giving you between 5 and 7% attack and 5 FPs per day and 5% defense and 13 goods per day and +5% coin and +5% supplies ? o_O
Sorry ,i just imagined at my age,with 1 billion coins an half a billion supplies just
don't need them. in the same space or near i do a goods producer 20 in 24 hrs
for 5 defense i go get another ritual flame on GE ,i am saving all stars for SoK
if they come again, otherwise i go to medals or diamonds (offered as a present last year)

Keritan

Squire
Wouldn't this be a bug?

Today is the 26th Quest. The graph at bottom of quest giver says 25/34.

Yet the dialogue from Frosty says 25th day of winter. Now is that going by quest or by the intended day of the month? If it is day of the month, that's going to be confusing.

DeletedUser7228

So I would like to see, that if you hit a double pay out that when you get a show two, it shows four. this happened to me, and I did not get to see four revealed. Could have saved me some stars.

DeletedUser6863

@keritan I assume this is how it will be on live servers. The event starts on the 30th November, so second quest will be on 1st December. So yes it is the 25th day of the month.

DeletedUser8341

Wouldn't this be a bug?

Today is the 26th Quest. The graph at bottom of quest giver says 25/34.

Yet the dialogue from Frosty says 25th day of winter. Now is that going by quest or by the intended day of the month? If it is day of the month, that's going to be confusing.
@keritan I assume this is how it will be on live servers. The event starts on the 30th November, so second quest will be on 1st December. So yes it is the 25th day of the month.
The 1st December is not the first day of Winter, so Frosty's text is definitely wrong. The 25th day of Winter is 14th January in the northern hemisphere (most of the Winter Event happens in Autumn). If it is the 25th day of the Winter Event that Frosty means, Frosty should say so.

By not putting the current quest number in the header of a quest, the new Quest Overview makes things unnecessarily confusing. Do you look at the bottom to get the number, or do you add one to that number, or is any reference indicating something else.

Please, Inno, just put the current count back into the quest header.

DeletedUser7951

he 25th day of Winter is 14th January in the northern hemisphere (most of the Winter Event happens in Autumn).
Kinda feel this is a bit out of topic, but you made me google it. Where I live (defo the northern hemisphere) the first day of winter is the 14th of October. That would make the 25th day of winter 8th of November. I don't feel the text need to say winter event, I feel that is implicated. The bottom number is the number of quests you have completed so why is it confusing ? Have I missed something ?

DeletedUser6863

Northern Meteorological Seasons
To be consistent and to make weather forecasting easier, meteorologists divide the year into 4 meteorological seasons of 3 months each:

• Spring - from March 1 to May 31;
  • Summer - from June 1 to August 31;
  • Fall (autumn) - from September 1 to November 30; and,
  • Winter - from December 1 to February 28 (February 29 in a leap year)

Astronomical Seasons
Astronomers and scientists use the dates of equinoxes and solstices to mark the beginning and end of seasons in a year.

In the Northern Hemisphere, the four astronomical seasons are:

Because the dates of the equinoxes and solstices can change, the length of astronomical seasons within a year and between years can vary.
As you can see the Northern Meteorological Season starts on the 1st December, so Frosty is correct. I believe this was also discussed during the Summer and Autumn events

DeletedUser8341

Northern Meteorological Seasons
To be consistent and to make weather forecasting easier, meteorologists divide the year into 4 meteorological seasons of 3 months each:

• Spring - from March 1 to May 31;
  • Summer - from June 1 to August 31;
  • Fall (autumn) - from September 1 to November 30; and,
  • Winter - from December 1 to February 28 (February 29 in a leap year)

Astronomical Seasons
Astronomers and scientists use the dates of equinoxes and solstices to mark the beginning and end of seasons in a year.

In the Northern Hemisphere, the four astronomical seasons are:

Because the dates of the equinoxes and solstices can change, the length of astronomical seasons within a year and between years can vary.
As you can see the Northern Meteorological Season starts on the 1st December, so Frosty is correct. I believe this was also discussed during the Summer and Autumn events
The meterological system used most times by European-based met. scientitsts is a legacy convenience measure. It is not globally recognized, nor widely and consistently adopted, nor is it part of an International Standard. It is actually a very fudged way of comparing seasons, which compares time periods which should not necessarily expect to be comparable.

The public do not tend to use esoteric, partly-adopted scientific terms or definitions. The public tend to use what the public can observe, the world over. For millennia globe, time has been reckoned by factual events such as the longest daylight and shortest daylight, and the mid-points between them. This is why there are four and only four seasons to start with.

Since the public use reality-based seasons (look at the diary on your desk, if you have one, or the calendar hanging on your wall) it makes little sense for Frosty to confuse matters by referring to December 1 as the beginning of Winter.

Kinda feel this is a bit out of topic, but you made me google it. Where I live (defo the northern hemisphere) the first day of winter is the 14th of October...
I am not sure what you looked up but I am fairly sure it wasn't Winter! Perhaps you found the end of Daylight Saving Time, sometimes called the beginning of Winter Time. These are dates when clocks are altered to fit human's typical patterns of life and are not directly related to the seasons.

DeletedUser7951

Nope, it is the first day of winter in my country, from old times and still pretty accurate (winter does start around those times). No not the ISO version, but you didn't offer any definition to your Winter start either. My point was though that what is considered first day of winter differs.

Since the public use reality-based seasons (look at the diary on your desk, if you have one, or the calendar hanging on your wall) it makes little sense for Frosty to confuse matters by referring to December 1 as the beginning of Winter.
Totally disagree, it makes perfect sense to regard the 1st of December as the first day of winter.