• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: "Unfortunately the game could not be loaded in your current browser." [45203]

DeletedUser8393

When I logged in today I got this message: "Unfortunately the game could not be loaded in your current browser. Please try using another browser to play Forge of Empires." Really??? Come on guys, how do you suddenly lose browser compatibility and not even notice? Fix quick or I, and many others, quit.

DeletedUser6399

Can´t launch the game. Just say:
"Unfortunately the game could not be loaded in your current browser. Please try using another browser to play Forge of Empires"

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
What browser is that? What version? What operating system? Any info you can provide so that this can be investigated is appreciated. Thanks!

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Can you please try to login again? :) We did a small change, please let us know if that helps or if you're still experiencing issues.

DeletedUser7549

I had the same issue this morning (CET), with Chrome & Windows 8.1.
Now, I got the same error message, I cleared the browser cache and now it's working :)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I had the same issue this morning (CET), with Chrome & Windows 8.1.
Now, I got the same error message, I cleared the browser cache and now it's working :)
Thank you for the update! For anyone else who was experiencing the problem, can you please try the same -> clear cache, try to login again. :)

DeletedUser7549

I think I've found it out. It might have to do with hardware acceleration.
I had the same problem again.
In the meantime, while I was playing, I had disabled hardware acceleration.
When I reloaded the page, I got the error message.
I enabled hardware acceleration again, and it works.
If I disable it (as well as if I clear the cache, of course), the problem comes again.

DeletedUser6399

Thank you for the update! For anyone else who was experiencing the problem, can you please try the same -> clear cache, try to login again. :)

I clear cache but still I had the same issue with Chrome, explorer and mozilla & Windows 7

PtG76

Farmer
"Unfortunately the game could not be loaded in your current browser. Please try using another browser to play Forge of Empires"
The same problem on Windows 7 using IE8, Opera, Firefox 56.

UPD: Clearing the cache does not solve the problem.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

clearing cache does not help - of course not!

It is NOT a browser problem. Mistake comes from InnoGame... I'm not saying as usual... oops :)

DeletedUser8736

I have a city on the UK server, the BETA server, and 11 cities on the US server. All of them except BETA work in Google Chrome. To get in to BETA I had to use Microsoft Edge (Firefox also seemed to work). I am using Windows 10.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I think I've found it out. It might have to do with hardware acceleration.
I had the same problem again.
In the meantime, while I was playing, I had disabled hardware acceleration.
When I reloaded the page, I got the error message.
I enabled hardware acceleration again, and it works.
If I disable it (as well as if I clear the cache, of course), the problem comes again.
I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the above post. If you follow those steps you should 'solve' the problem you're experiencing here. Of course that's not an actual fix and we'll be looking into resolving the problem. But, in the meantime, please try the above. :)

DeletedUser7265

Ok strangely I can reproduce this bug with totally cleared cache (incognito), when I use a 2nd x-server (linux, lubuntu 16.04), which I normally do with games. On my first x-server it works (but I have EXACTLY the same browser preferences). I don't understand this bug.

DeletedUser7265

And another very strange thing: Behind this error message, the game loads normal, you see all very dark, but you even can see the chat

DeletedUser7265

I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the above post. If you follow those steps you should 'solve' the problem you're experiencing here. Of course that's not an actual fix and we'll be looking into resolving the problem. But, in the meantime, please try the above. :)
I have hardware acceleration enabled. If I try to disable, it's enabled again ;)