• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser6076

Finally I see what it's all about! Always logging in first on app has meant I've had none for weeks and now 2 today. It works :)

DeletedUser7084

I like this better than the treasure hunt, it makes you look at your city rather than just clicking buttons like a robot to collect your daily stuff. Is it going on the live servers soon?

DeletedUser8381

I've gone specifically on the app to look for this, and I've found several items in the wild. No incidents among the buildings as yet. No errors detected so far, seems to be working as intended.

DeletedUser8277

Yesterday I was given a side quest to upgrade road tiles, I did so and received an incident reward for 35 coin. This tells me that there must have been a hidden incident on a road I just happened to touch.

For the second time I 'found' an incident by accident when there was no other way to see it. I have very tiny EMA houses in front of the roads so if I can't see anything behind those I doubt anyone will be able to see it behind theirs.

I still think there needs to be a ToR style icon telling you to look for an incident, but even that will do little good when they can't be seen. The glow was a step in the right direction but I think asking the community to spot tiny specks of occasionally glowing dots on the screen will not go over well on live.

Many people I have met who play FoE, at least on the US server are older than your average gamer and my guess, the average developer. Also color blind people who came out in droves the last time items were hidden in the wilderness were unable to see it and those were much easier to spot than these. I don't think as is, incidents will go over particularly well on live where older people with poorer vision, or color blind people feel they have been put at a disadvantage. This could be a really cool idea that I think most players would enjoy quite a lot if it were done better and made more inclusive of those who won't even be able to see these things.

DeletedUser8381

Yesterday I was given a side quest to upgrade road tiles, I did so and received an incident reward for 35 coin. This tells me that there must have been a hidden incident on a road I just happened to touch.

For the second time I 'found' an incident by accident when there was no other way to see it. I have very tiny EMA houses in front of the roads so if I can't see anything behind those I doubt anyone will be able to see it behind theirs.

I still think there needs to be a ToR style icon telling you to look for an incident, but even that will do little good when they can't be seen. The glow was a step in the right direction but I think asking the community to spot tiny specks of occasionally glowing dots on the screen will not go over well on live.

Many people I have met who play FoE, at least on the US server are older than your average gamer and my guess, the average developer. Also color blind people who came out in droves the last time items were hidden in the wilderness were unable to see it and those were much easier to spot than these. I don't think as is, incidents will go over particularly well on live where older people with poorer vision, or color blind people feel they have been put at a disadvantage. This could be a really cool idea that I think most players would enjoy quite a lot if it were done better and made more inclusive of those who won't even be able to see these things.
Agree wholeheartedly!!! I had two road incidents today, hiding completely behind BLACKSMITHS. I'd never find them in my live cities. I love the incidents as a concept. The glow helped. But an indicator, a way to make buildings invisible, or removing all street incidents would all be solutions.

Heck, I'd even take an entry in the event log. Something.

DeletedUser8092

I really like that you make incidents easier to find by highlighting them, I also like that i find them more often. It makes it more fun to look and enjoyable to have in game play. I do think it would be cool to make the building where an incident is infront of invisiable to we can see the incident on roads. I never find them in cities only on outside map. OR you can not put them in city.

DeletedUser7779

I really like that you make incidents easier to find by highlighting them, I also like that i find them more often. It makes it more fun to look and enjoyable to have in game play. I do think it would be cool to make the building where an incident is infront of invisiable to we can see the incident on roads. I never find them in cities only on outside map. OR you can not put them in city.
Exactly! If incidents in the city (e.g. on roads) are causing so much trouble, why not simply remove them? Would spare the devs way more work than making buildings invisible or whatever else was suggested :)

Other than that I'd say they are now easy to spot both on app and browser, no need for further polishing imo. No need for an indicator either, I do like the status quo.

DeletedUser8341

On the whole, I reckon that Incidents are a flop, in their current guise.

So, I can hunt around the town (and I do, when I remember) and pick up some free stuff. OK but why do I get this stuff?

There is no strategy, no challenge (I either spot something or not, if not I assume there is nothing there so it's not like I feel I missed something).

There isn't even the hint of a story (e.g. "Grivas must have dropped these map chests ... he rewards you for returning them.") and so this free stuff actually detracts from the game by devaluing what I otherwise have to strategise for (along the lines of "what's the point of me gaming hard to get ahead when all I need to do is look around the place and pick it off the ground").

If Incidents appeared after certain game milestones, or were tied into story/event quests, or appeared after every building or GB level or something, then they might make sense. Randomly appearing - or not - without even a description of what it is I click on, is worse for the game than nothing.

DeletedUser8128

So, I can hunt around the town (and I do, when I remember) and pick up some free stuff. OK but why do I get this stuff?

I have no real answer for you, but a suggestion for Innogames: Create new boosts, that "reduce/finish the time left on GBs" or "finish all non-GB buildings" or "finish all timers at once" and/or a possibility to produce boosts with ingredients, that could be found within the incidents. In these cases (all non-GB-buildings or all timers), there would be a real usability of mass-motivation-kits and therefore a real improvement of the incidents.

/discuss

DeletedUser8381

If I find $20 on the sidewalk, I don't ask why.
Treasure hunters search, not knowing if they will find something or not, just because they might.
It scratches a treasure hunt itch, for those who have one. Some people will really enjoy this new feature, and it probably won't be worth much for some other players.

The timed Treasure Hunt on the browser version has even less strategy or skill involved. I played that regularly for maybe a week. I'm not bored with the incidents yet, though. It doesn't take long, it's fun, I can do it every day or not. I don't have to wait for a weekly tabulation to start playing again. There's some fun aspects to it.

That said, I do see what you mean. I'd like to see more quest-like things come of incidents, or maybe some fun incidents-only rewards. However, this is very early days, and if we give it a chance it just might evolve into something cool.

DeletedUser8362

This would have been so much cooler if you could see and collect incidents in other players cities. No-one actually has any reason to view other players cities anymore since the GB menu and AID button (both of which are great) unless you are plundering... this would have given a new dynamic to player interaction (not maybe in the best way in some players eyes as you would be nicking someone elses incidents... but hey, the world ain't perfect)... but in it's current form it's just click and reward.