• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
The previous event building appears in the 3rd slot of prizes for city completion.
So if you are interested in that you can open extra chest, or buy them all. Uber's data, with a small sample, suggests that this appear quite frequently (>50%).
You can't get a fully leveled Druid Hut just from opening chests, if you do complete 6 towns let's say, and open all the chests, according to Ubers data, on average you will get 3 Druid Hut Selection Kits. The building has 9 levels.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
Documentation and SPD General Feedback (documenation first, from this page):

1) I did a page "find" on that entire page for "Pagan" and it has item references to the Pagan SELECTION KIT, but no where are the entire contents list of that kit presented, in full. I think it should be. I'd like to know what's in that kit - ie, all the items that can be selected that it offers.

2) This statement is incorrect (AFAIK). Last year, the 1400 discount was part of the SPD event. It's not new this year: In addition, new this year is a discount for opening all chests at once!
e
General SPD Feedback:
1) I like the main event building for what it offers, however -
going back to 30 squares in size when we had a powerhouse building (Winter Pyramid) sized @ 16 squares.... it's a large jump back up to 30. I really like when you guys give us a gift @ 16, but size MOST of your buildings between 20 and 24. 30 gives me "pause" on what has to get chopping consideration. It may mildly limit interest, too.

2) I also like the various ways to get new, unique buildings that deliver some of the design solutions I'm seeking for my city. Your events always have a single "monolithic" anchor (aka main event build), but I like the trend to find alternate pathways to play, and in doing so, you get some candy on a different part of the event tree.

3) The duration of this event is more palatable, vs 2 recent, 1 month long, events. I believe in "shorter" - that's where you should be for most, if not all, of your events. I believe it will curtail people losing interest to drop out or not consider it strongly enough to begin with, because it costs too much time. I am not doing the quests for Wildlife in any live cities after my playing time here in beta left a poor experience freshly on my mind - both in time I needed to invest, and the inability to secure an event prize win.
I do appreciate you made changes for live, from what you learned, but 1 month is still to long for me to invest.

4) I see that 3 Apothecary items can be earned, depending on final event League placement. Question on that. I didn't see any way to win a Bronze unit from play, and over time, upgrade it via some "fragment" collection or earnings. Is that a correct assumption? It's a static win with no chance to make it better, through this SPD reward or earning mechanism? Right now of course, I 'm discounting any future ideas you have in your strategy, to do that.

Like @MooingCat - I too am waiting for CB 3 :)

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
1) I like the main event building for what it offers, however - going back to 30 squares in size when we had a powerhouse building (Winter Pyramid) sized @ 16 squares.... it's a large jump back up to 30. I really like when you guys give us a gift @ 16, but size MOST of your buildings between 20 and 24. 30 gives me "pause" on what has to get chopping consideration. It may mildly limit interest, too.
As long as it's still an efficient building (and it is), size 30 (32.5 w/ road) is kinda a good thing. Means you get more out of the event just finishing 1 building. If this was a regular thing I could understand the complaint maybe. But the first size 30 building in ages? A welcome change of pace.

Incidentally I skipped the winter pyramid. Just didn't excite me enough to bother grinding a month long event. Not sure this building does either but that's not a product of its size but rather possession of "building factories" making good enough buildings that I don't *need* any event anymore - just to find the motivation to collect my city and then it'll progress itself. AND I hate this event play-wise. The one reason I might be playing it on live is for Sacred versions of druid huts and their trees.

4) I see that 3 Apothecary items can be earned, depending on final event League placement. Question on that. I didn't see any way to win a Bronze unit from play, and over time, upgrade it via some "fragment" collection or earnings. Is that a correct assumption? It's a static win with no chance to make it better, through this SPD reward or earning mechanism? Right now of course, I 'm discounting any future ideas you have in your strategy, to do that.
It seems the same as the grape stompin' festival. No upgrades available. You just directly get the level you get.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Have a question for discussion.

There seem to be 2 dominant strategies in this event, and it requires a decision for sure. I don't see how they can co-exist, but someone can enlighten me.

Strategy 1: Obtain the main event prize via NOT concentrating on as many expensive tasks (like getting higher and higher manager levels to satisfy those tasks...) and just spending the discounted 1400 pots to get the upgrades you need (and other things). This puts you at risk of getting much from leagues, because TASKS counts drive League progress, and leagues has some nice additional things.

Strategy 2: Play and win the event prize via doing all the tasks required/city, even the expensive ones that don't seem necessary, and are costly. You therefore get LEAGUE participation AND the event prizes.

Thoughts?
Modifications?
Suggestions?
Where (what strategy) will the least diamonds be required, or no diamonds be required?
Is there an alternate strategy you like vs just these 2 basic ones?

Personally, I"ve always done Strategy 1 for all the years SPD has been in the game.
Minimum Cities ("Strategy 1") is no longer going to be able to use 1400 pots to finish the main building as 1400 pots gives you the celtic glassworks instead. You need to hit 200 tasks (barring rivals providing an alternative). So say the short start city + 6 full cities + maybe a few spare tasks as needed in a final uncompleted city. This will allow you to pickup at least 4 glassworks selections I think - maybe 6 if you stretch it.

Your assumptions about Task Maximizing ("Strategy 2") are just plain out wrong. Task-maximizing strategies are based around finishing more cities (ideally 1 a day) ; for which it's even more important not to do excessively expensive OR time-consuming ones as it multiplies across potentially 20+ cities instead of 6 - typically going for ~30 tasks a run (+/- 3). The extra per-run expenses you may incur in task-maxing are for better festival and ship managers which make the runs shorter and keep you on your 1 a day schedule - but you can't go overboard on that either. You will need to do some extent of this if you want to go for 400 progress or silver league and earn (rather than buy) the sacred upgrade(s) for your druid hut(s) from last year. 400 tasks requires at least short/cheap 1st + 13 full cities. 600+ tasks was enough for gold last year and won't cost too many diamonds if you're efficient and no-life the event. Though it remains to be seen how 2 rival quests will change things. This is one of the events where gold is most attainable for a dedicated F2P player because it's hard to "just pay" for progress in it. You're always better off if you're also willing to invest your own time.

Retired Guy

Marquis
Retired Guy said:
I might not want to.. but how\where do we find these Rival challenges.. ???

the correct question would be: WHEN

Tuesday

Additional.. Okay.. so I'm not losing it after all. ;-) ;-) In the announcement, it looks like if you hover over the Rival rewards given at the start of the event, you'll be presented with an information box and a "Continue" button. I thought the hover was broken, and that's what would start the Rival stuff.. Please add additional info to the announcement..

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
This is one of the events where gold is most attainable for a dedicated F2P player because it's hard to "just pay" for progress in it. You're always better off if you're also willing to invest your own time.
At the very least, Silver League for free should be pretty simple, if just time consuming. Going to be a good event on live servers, I think.

kaluha

Merchant
I miss the Daily challenger.

I liked them, you could choose daily if you wanted to spend more time on the quests.
Why are they gone? The events keep getting more difficult like this.

Ravenlord

Farmer
Hi, I am new to this event type and I am still struggeling to understand when it is best to switch to the next city. Do I have to complete all tasks before?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I miss the Daily challenger.

I liked them, you could choose daily if you wanted to spend more time on the quests.
Why are they gone? The events keep getting more difficult like this.
Because investors expect limitless growth. Annually profits should grow. Stagnation is natural but an bad word in the investing world. The last couple of years this growth has been likely secured through great(er) event buildings, especially the chocolate factory of winter 2021. Last year cash passes where expended and special upgrades where invented. Alongside strong league rewards (especially top1% spawners). To encourage spending. This year rival has been invented. To further encourage spending and heating up competition for league rewards.
I wouldn't be surprised if they'll double down on special upgrades, leagues and the rival further to capitalise on. Despite the rival and higher demanding events frustrating and scaring away newbies.

Personally I don't the cash passes and league rewards to encourage spending. What I'm however greatly concerned about is the rival. As it'll frustrate newbies. The vagueness about the rival in the original beta announcement does not give much hope for the future... conceptually the rival is okay-ish as an mini stand alone event. As an major part of events... straight up dangerous for the game's future

Ashura Tsunoda

Merchant
with the shamrock thing I should be able to go to the next town with 6,3Q. I have 6,31 and can`t go. Probably shows only one position after the point. But that needs to be more concrete please.
1705944728302.png

One upgrade that I would have loved to see is "free 10 levels" on any of the areas of the map. The grind from level 290 to 300 is serious garbage.

Its a curious choice to only allow those upgrades to be from the rival, inno would have made so much money selling them for real life money or dimes.

CrashBoom

Legend
8.4 -25% = 6.30

Its a curious choice to only allow those upgrades to be from the rival, inno would have made so much money selling them for real life money or dimes.
you can buy the things that those 3 items are doing
2 hour skip = 400 gold
1 manager level = xx gold (depending where you use it)
-25% needed shamrocks = 2 hour time skip at the end would do the same (or maybe 4 hours if you have low managers)

8.4 -25% = 6.30

you can buy the things that those 3 items are doing
2 hour skip = 400 gold
1 manager level = xx gold (depending where you use it)
-25% needed shamrocks = 2 hour time skip at the end would do the same (or maybe 4 hours if you have low managers)
The gold is needed to be able to get through enough towns. I guess I could dime the gold but why didn't they motenize the new power ups? A little bit weird when they want to dime us on everything else.

Also my theory is the rival is intended to "reinvigorate" the players during long events. Although I'm not happy to only get one set at the start and wait a week or longer to get more.

mawthecat

Farmer
Hi, I am new to this event type and I am still struggeling to understand when it is best to switch to the next city. Do I have to complete all tasks before?
The best way to understand St.Patricks is to read through Foe Mooingcat Guides St.Patricks 23
There are different strategies, easy and more advanced. It depends also on how many posts of Gold you have available.
It is well explained. Bonus und some smaller things are different this year but in General it is still the same way to play that game.

Amitola1

Farmer
Question about St Pat's event. What are the Rival Challenges and how do you get them? I'm still in BA so does that have anything to do with why I can't find them? I just started a city on the Beta server.