• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2024

Just stop creating events and sell the buildings directly. You'll save your time, our time, and we won't create any illusions. Will be better for all.
Honestly if they took the 1% league buildings and made them direct buy my wallet would open so fast. The winter event was garbage on this front because the nogs were random and you had to make sure you had each level and they weren't on every page. Just tell me you want 10$ for a level 2 nog.

It was the worst event Inno has ever produced. Bad / low stats and unreachable main building for free and diamond hungry Rival quests(you need at least a batch of 10 tickets to complete it).

So the Rival is nothing else than an diamond grabber event complicator. Sorry Inno, but I will skip this altogether on live server on all my worlds. Meanwhile I will replenish my diamond stock for the anniversary.

You just do anything you can to ruin a great game.
Not sure how you reached that conclusion of 10 ticket with diamonds.

With 200 coins and 17 tickets and without much luck I was able to complete quest 27. Since I didn't have the 200 coins I did use 150 diamonds to get the missing 100 coins, but saving coin for Rival should solve that. 17 ticket includes 10 ticket in the reward, so just using 6 tickets generated during the event + 1 from daily quest during the event that give a ticket (there was one in the last 8 hours of each Rival).
With 290 coins (for the extra move quests) and 18 tickets I was able to complete Rival with a little bit of luck. The 18 tickets include the 10 you get from the Rival so 6 generated during the event 48 hours + 1 saved from before and one obtained from a saved quest.

You might be correct that if unlucky the last 5 quests of Rival might require 10 tickets bought with diamond to complete. Imo the 3 golden tickets are not worth the 1800 diamond those 10 ticket cost, because they might not be enough.
I would rather just use 10 regular ticket bought with diamonds on a day there is a DS I'm interested in. Especially because I can only do about 11 board with 3 golden ticket (3-4 per ticket).

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
@Sinitar. How can you say that this event was possible to get a fully leveled building without spending diamonds, when in fact, you spent 2,000 diamonds, and possibly/probably more?
2k diamonds for testing here?You didn't considered this in your question?
I ended the event with:
757 paws
silver league
Screenshot_475.png
You know here durint the event something can be changed?
Probably if I didn't spent diamonds, paws gained will be over 600, due to understood how to move in the event
Any else?

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I ended the event with:
757 paws
silver league
View attachment 10572
Probably if I didn't spent diamonds, paws gained will be over 600, due to understood how to move in the event
Any else?
So you did not buy 2000 diamonds, but you did spend them. Minigal was correct ;).
Please consider that many players on Beta are here to test events before doing them on their live servers. So they want to see how the events go without buying diamonds.

Sinitar

Regent
So you did not buy 2000 diamonds, but you did spend them. Minigal was correct ;).
Please consider that many players on Beta are here to test events before doing them on their live servers. So they want to see how the events go without buying diamonds.
The many players that you mentioned, is also include me since not everytime I spend diamonds in each event here(especially where I know the strategy to use).
When a new features are included, for me it's normal to spend some diamonds to write the strategy to use in live server. I use this server as a test as the most people did
So if you want someone that tells you it's possibile without diamonds take as example CrashBoom or someone before wrote

Kronan

Viceroy
Look - no one's doubting this can be done without Diamonds, purchased or expended from game earnings.

But this is binary - you either spent DIAMONDS from WHATEVER SOURCE produced them, or you didn't.There is no obfuscation required. This isn't about smart or the wrong strategy. It's not about that you DIDN'T spend diamonds DIRECTLY in Wildlife, but did spend in Rvial.

Spending is SPENDING.

There are very bright people here playing that KNOW what they're doing, and have been doing it a long time.

I had a focused strategy, and so did most everyone else I've talked to here (or read their posts...).

DROP PAWS!

If paws do NOT show up, I cannot control that. The boards are designed to deliver multiple types of experiences across the event 4 times a day. For example:

1) Paw boards, that start "enriched" and stay that way for the duration of that board. We always see these types of boards at the beginning of the event to "hook you" into playing, because they're lucrative and easy.
2) Match boards, those which give you opportunities for long color runs, so you consider changing focus away from paws to Leagues, and daily special acquisitions.
3) Last 6 drop boards - absolute killer. Wait 8 hours, get 1 or 2 paws at the start of play, then nothing for 15 moves, and then for the last 4-6 moves, it drops 1 paw for each move to the top of the stack. Makes you consider paying 65 coins to extend? Don't ya just love this design?

This ENTIRE event could be more fun, but they want their pound of flesh. Inno took most of us for FREE to near the goal line. To get over, you'd have to buy a few more tickets to get that last level 11 upgrade.

That's what I'm hearing, and where I personally ended up too.

If it is now abundantly clear Rival is required - then we all learned something. That's NOT an experience I want, or can play here.

That makes INNO the loser, not me. Way too many people are going to get whipsawed.

I'm not doing this in earnest in live, if at all. I'm telling people they will be SORRY if they start down the path to play this for 1 month, then fail, and have to pay to complete their win.

They will be royally pissed off.

I'm not spending 1 month of my time dealing with an event that so many people here, including myself, did not get the satisfaction of enjoying through accomplishing my secondary goal.
Just because Inno throws something over the wall to us, doesn't mean we have to play it. The prizes are not compelling in this event, and unless this is a Pavlovian thing for you - you can skip it.

When Inno says jump, I don't say "how high"? Seems like many people do though.

I did accomplish my primary goal: Telling Inno as a beta player that, in my opinion, this ISN'T where I want to be for my time and their events.

Last edited:

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
I got the fully upgraded Main Prize, the Serene Animal Crossing, the Panda Shrine, and 2 Mountain Reserves, and I only spent 1800 diamonds, for 10 more tickets, tho looking back now, I don't think it was necessarily needed, still, I wanted to be sure I was going to get both previous years Golden Upgraded event buildings.

From the 3 Rival Quests, In the very first one I didn't do much, It came unexpectedly, that's why I suggested that the Rival Quests should always be on with an on/off timer like in the Daily Challenges, but from the last 2 Rival Quests I managed to get 7 more tickets each.

I ended up in the Apprentice League, ~250k above the last one and ~170k below the last one in the Professional League, and I got like 720 or 750 paws, I don't remember, I know I got the 50 golden fragments of the Serene Flamingo Paradise too.

foe wildlife league.png

Last edited:

Norde

Merchant
That makes INNO the loser, not me. Way too many people are going to get whipsawed.
Is it just a question of whether it is possible to adapt to the situation and do people want to adapt? You don't want to, it's your decision.

This isn't about smart or the wrong strategy. It's not about that you DIDN'T spend diamonds DIRECTLY in Wildlife, but did spend in Rvial.
You get ticket from event quests right? Don't do event quests if Rival not active, or at least don't collect quest that gives ticket. It's very easy to split into three parts and you'll magically have enough tickets for the rival quests.
Free rivals, your welcome.

_____
The rival mission series must be announced in advance (at least 24h)
Count the specific colors together, not separately, as now.

I ended the event with:
757 paws
silver league
View attachment 10572
Any else?
Same here. Spent 1500 during Rivals 1 for 8 tickets and didn't finish the quest line. But I ended with 775 paws, waayyy more than the 6xx required for the golden AC. Finished Rivals 2 without any diamonds and 27/32 of Rivals 3 without any diamonds. Key is nto NOT spend all the free hammers etc. until you need them in Rivals.

[...]

DROP PAWS!

If paws do NOT show up, I cannot control that. [...]
That is INCORRECT.
You cannot control the probability that ay single tile that appear after your action is a paw.
BUT you can control how many new tiles appears. That depend on your action alone.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
That is INCORRECT.
You cannot control the probability that ay single tile that appear after your action is a paw.
BUT you can control how many new tiles appears. That depend on your action alone.
So, they still can't control paws showing up... what's your point? You can roll the dice and it still may not show up.

DROP PAWS!

If paws do NOT show up, I cannot control that. The boards are designed to deliver multiple types of experiences across the event 4 times a day. For example:

1) Paw boards, that start "enriched" and stay that way for the duration of that board. We always see these types of boards at the beginning of the event to "hook you" into playing, because they're lucrative and easy.
2) Match boards, those which give you opportunities for long color runs, so you consider changing focus away from paws to Leagues, and daily special acquisitions.
3) Last 6 drop boards - absolute killer. Wait 8 hours, get 1 or 2 paws at the start of play, then nothing for 15 moves, and then for the last 4-6 moves, it drops 1 paw for each move to the top of the stack. Makes you consider paying 65 coins to extend? Don't ya just love this design?
You're perfectly right here, but it doesn't matter. The average is high enough to be able to ignore it.
When Inno says jump, I don't say "how high"? Seems like many people do though.
I don't, too. That's why I didn't get the golden Ketebo on both my live accounts. But this event is so much more fun than simply waiting for the random stars to pop up in your favor.

Kronan

Viceroy
@Mabusian der Graue - yes, don't disagree it's fun - yes - silly to say but - loads of fun. I also play Candy Crush as idle waste-time amusement, too.

To Inno's credit - I really do like what tweak INNOVATIONS have been added to it over the few years we've played it, too. The stars increasing count as the run gets longer, etc.

However (and amusingly...) , I don't think giving me a Victory tower or a 5% attack boost flask is really a great prize for a 6 star drop that uses 85% of the tiles on the screen, do you? :D

@PJS299 explained this real well here: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/wildlife-event-2024.16694/post-166941

But net-net - this 1 month GRIND, where you have to play the DC each day, you have to do Rival x 3 too, and as you have to wonder about each drop you do - if it's the RIGHT strategy, 4 times a day!!

As you read here from many, and NOT JUST ME - lots of people got close to the finish line, but didn't finish - unless they chose to buy something to help them get over that line.

That includes paying in Rival too.

I'm not even going to re-mention how anemic the event prize is - even the GOLD upgrade. Oh sorry - I already did that here!

Last edited: