• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2024

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
but you could use golden tickets

you skip the first rival if it is unchanged like on beta
then you have 3 golden tickets for the 2nd (easier) rival

and that gives 3 golden tickets at the end: so you have 3 golden tickets for the 3rd rival too

and after it you have the 3 golden tickets you had when you started the 2nd rival

then it is still for free :rolleyes:

(I used 2 golden tickets for my 3rd rival that I finished)

the 2nd&3rd rival gives 10 tickets and 3 golden tickets
so how many tickets would you need to be able to finish one of those rivals
(not the 1st rival that is more difficult)

hint: for pop x of a color: you can use lightning
and if you need to collect a 4star chest and it already has 5 stars. damn but that can be solved with a hammer
That sounds like a very specific strategy. Reliant on knowledge of this upfront. Something I highly doubt to be included in the announcement. Even assuming players get that information out of the information overload from the announcement anyways. Events shouldn’t rely so heavily on upfront knowledge.
Other events can be figured out w/o upfront knowledge. A few examples: summer/winter event. It’s plausible that players figure out on their own, that saving up currency is the most optimal play. Halloween is basically rock, paper, scissors + a joker. Sure Halloween was harder to figure out but it was doable. Anniversary for example has a tricky mechanic but with a bit of experimentation it’s plausible one can figure it out. With that mandatory rival it’s completely different and very specific. One needs to either read your comment, learn from someone else or somehow figure this out by studying very hard before the event’s release. Key difference is that it can’t be figured out through the event mechanics, nor it’s forgiving. Unlike practically all other events. Where you got a lot of time to figure out how to get 1 maxed out event building

SirAlucard

Steward
but you could use golden tickets

you skip the first rival if it is unchanged like on beta
then you have 3 golden tickets for the 2nd (easier) rival

and that gives 3 golden tickets at the end: so you have 3 golden tickets for the 3rd rival too

and after it you have the 3 golden tickets you had when you started the 2nd rival

then it is still for free :rolleyes:

(I used 2 golden tickets for my 3rd rival that I finished)

the 2nd&3rd rival gives 10 tickets and 3 golden tickets
so how many tickets would you need to be able to finish one of those rivals
(not the 1st rival that is more difficult)

hint: for pop x of a color: you can use lightning
and if you need to collect a 4star chest and it already has 5 stars. damn but that can be solved with a hammer
Then explain please, how someone should solve quests like those, where the 6-star chests (for example blue or red) are required, and they get a board where one of those two colors isn't present at all and where another color is the majority. On those boards, such a quest is nearly unsolvable. And it's very likely that those difficulties happen throughout the 5 mins of the golden ticket.

CrashBoom

Legend
Then explain please, how someone should solve quests like those, where the 6-star chests (for example blue or red) are required, and they get a board where one of those two colors isn't present at all and where another color is the majority. On those boards, such a quest is nearly unsolvable. And it's very likely that those difficulties happen throughout the 5 mins of the golden ticket.
tools
lightning the color that is too much
and maybe a hammer or two

if you only rely on luck and don't use the tools you have then you are doomed to fail :rolleyes:

Sinitar

Regent
I don't agree that only 5% of the playerbase should get the full event building. If you do all tasks, play the game every day, that should be enough. Inno has gotten too greedy as of late.
Look, I'm not an inno's member and last year was the same thing about panda shrine...
After review evrything, with some luck(or better strategy) it's possible to bring a 11 lvl flaming without request silver League AND rival's quest
As @CrashBoom said,this maybe will not allow you to reach 600 paws so if you want it, you must do at least 1 complete 1 rival's quest

My question for Rival quest is this: @Juber all 3 times will have the same tasks?

XIA*

Marquis
but Inno wants that we do the rivals to be successful

...then they shouldn't make it so damn difficult to complete. especially that the tasks like make 2 boxes of 6 stars of a certain color and neither colors are present on two consecutive boards.... or maybe there are 3 sqaures of that color altogether.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
As @CrashBoom said,this maybe will not allow you to reach 600 paws so if you want it, you must do at least 1 complete 1 rival's quest
And that's exactly the dangerous slippery rope for events. Mandatory rivals will greatly harm newbies. It's even worse aslong unfair requirements persist. Like pop a specific number of a specific colour. Rather than a fair requirement as suggested many times before: pop at least X of Y colour.
Conventionally the rival quests are decent. As long they're optional for additional progress, rewards and better odds for the leagues. Making the rival mandatory is disastrous for f2w

I feel sorry for the other players that won't be able to complete the main building but today I managed to complete the 540 paws treshold so I will be able to complete it. I am a bit irritated that I won't reach 600 progress and get the golden upgrade for the Animal Crossing. That's not feasible for me with so few days left.

I never spent any diamonds and only played like 1/3 of the rivals. Not enough time to complete them. I always focused on the paws, never on daily specials or making great combinations. I played every day and used Foehelper to simulate how the boxes would drop if I would do a certain move. That helps a bit. I think some players played too fast and did not focus enough on the paws.

All in all, I am glad the event will be over. 30 days of playing candy crush is too much. I dread having to redo this event on live.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
I'm not sorry Charles. This is beta. I have done my best to tell the company what I think about this event, and I won't make the goal of an event building by diligence and hard work, either. I gave it a good college try. I can't do Rival, nor would want to. It's not the experience I want in the game, and if it's required, then that's fine, but not for me here. In live I can easily do it - but an not sure if I will. I don't want the event building, and will wait for something I do want.

I have a sense that there is going to be a low adoption in live for this. Why? Here's why...

1) Another 1 month long event duration, on the heels of the Winter event, which was 1 month as well.

2) Metering style play, 1 play opportunity/8 hours - as a gaming style - and what you get to work on - it's totally UNKNOWN. Paws? Color runs?

3) Rival intermixed is IMHO, destructive, disruptive and distracting (DDD)

4) The main event building rewards are ATTACK focused - not balanced with any defense. Many people do NOT need pure attack buildings, and don't want them at the expense of what's coming to the game for current and FUTURE venues. For their invested time, they want balanced rewards.

5) Re-mathed game with 30 paw milestones (vs 20) and 11 levels (10 + 1) vs 2023's event @ 10 (9+1) and people are going to see how they grind without much daily palpable progress. Change for the sake of change?? People want to feel comfortable in playing something here, and this has changed from last year enough to put people on edge. My sense is they'll give up early, or just not choose to participate and take a break from the hectic game pace shoved into our throats - and see what's coming next.

6) Complexity of these events continues to rise - we now need flowcharts to see how all the buildings interconnect. Many people I've talked to pine for the old days - when they didn't need a Mensa IQ to have some fun in FoE.

Add a few more things... mostly as live players/people learn about the beta player reactions - that they are NOT positive - they'll breath a sigh of relief and resolve to skip this one - take a rest from the pace.

I don't think this will have a robust player/fan base that will engage in it...

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
This is probably the first event in which, in normal everyday play, you won't be able to get a full building (or I'm unlucky with the number of paws).
However, 30 paws of progress is a bad idea.
Meh, join the club, mate. I only completed 3 progress milestones with everything I had used to this point. Candy Crush wasn't my favorite of games so I just only complete the quests (skipping Rival) and just getting the rewards so they can be done and over with and move on to the next event that will have me focused.

And 200k of points is a dwarf to the 2m+ points in league.

CDmark

Baronet
I agree with Xiphos points above. Now, that said, I was able to finish Rivals 3 - Prepared for Quests, no diamonds needed.

Rivals 1 (brutal) - we were no way prepared for the costs, it was ugly.
Rivals 2 - I am guessing Inno listened and made improvements. I didn't have tickets or coin stored up so it cost me, think 1200 diamonds, some of that cost, I am impatient with quests, I may not have needed the 4 tickets for 750 D.
Rivals 3 - I finished no diamonds

Did it mess up my event? I would say no, it didn't because I got 21 animal crossing kits, I didn't have any. I am at 676 paws so one Gold animal crossing is done. I am 300K ahead in silver, with regular play, I am looking good getting a 2nd Gold crossing. I got 23 - 2024 wildlife kits, 3 L2 - Rhondo fields planted, I like those buildings. I haven't seen sentinels in a while, 2 L2 sentinels and 2 L2 watchfires are comparable for defense stats and have no road requirement, but I am iron age. Higher ages get more benefit. I did seem to get alternate specials at the right time.

Basically, if prepared, Rivals can be done. If you start Rivals like you did here, then it will not be good. If you have all three the same like our last 2, it would be a player decision if they want to do it. I came out of Rivals with few hammers, lots of leafys and lightnings. I look at it like I didn't have to buy a booster package. Funny thing with this minigame, I don't use many boosters. The golden tickets is where I made lots of 2024 kits, the rivals reward came in handy there.

Now, with the pros and cons, it is important to note one thing. I really like this minigame and usually spend 2-4K diamonds on live server. I don't think the majority of players are like me for this event/minigame.

Lastly, some suggestions.

You really got to do something with the Rival quest, "extend game 2 times". We all hate the fact it was changed from 10 to 5 moves. Making me waste 130 coins doing it twice wasn't fun at all. You give us 100 coin from rewards, we spend 6x65, 390 with those 4 quests. Now, it could be argued back that the 290 net cost goes to the extra boosters you receive by finish the event.

Consider 2x, 3x, or 4x the coin rewards. We already get peanuts from incidents, 3, 5 or the rare 10. You halved our extra moves for 65 coin. Really you should make it 35 or 40 coin for 5 moves, costs a little more but double, NO BUENO!!!

Quest 25, use 4 hammers, cut it back to 2 hammers, you are taking away most of our reward plus we need to use them to make 4 star chests. I think I ended up with 1 or 2 extra after doing rivals.

The tickets rewards is what makes doing Rivals possible. Don't change it or it will be like the first week, a money/diamond grab. The last 8 quests, you need 4 tickets AT A MINIMUM, 60 tiles of one color twice and 4 - 4 star collected chests takes 4 tickets. I was able to do it because I used hammers for the 4 star chests.

Rival is very insulting in all the quests.
But the final message is too much. Please change it.
In case you didn't notice you are insulting both your big spenders AND the player most dedicated to solve the Rival puzzle in the most efficient way.
I think changing "undeserved" with "lucky" should be enough to tone it done to an acceptable level: Congratulations on your lucky triumph.
Rival3WLE24_EndMessage.png

I see many complain that the main building level 11 is not achievable without Rival or diamonds, but that is not true. A level 11 building can be done for free without Rival at all.
At the end of the last rival I was able to get a level 10 building with 585 progress. Including the last milestone that would be a level 11 Flamingo. So eventually in 60 days a fully level building.
I did it by playing Rival and getting 21 ticket from it plus 3 from incidents. BUT any player would get another 24 ticket from the regular quest (3) and from the 7 days remaining at that point (21 generated tickets). So Rival was not needed for that. BTW I got there using only one of the golden ticket from the milestones!
I did spend 150 diamonds to get get the extra moves in the 2nd run of Rival (and the 4 tickets from the next quest, but those are included above). I got one, maybe two, paws dropped with those 10 extra moves so that is not relevant.
For reference I'm not a very fast player and I manage to get only 3 board and start a 4th when using a golden ticket. But in this type of event careful consideration is rewarded more than speed (except in the golden ticket).

I'm assuming that the first version of rival will not appear on live server at all. We will instead get the newer version all three times.
The net cost in coin in this version is 290 (390 for 6 extra moves, 100 in prizes). That make rival about 66% of the total coins we get from rush and daily quests. It should be cut down to something like 45, if INNO think the cost for extra move should be reduced significantly. The current 50% reduction it too much.

This event can have 3 different possible objectives:
  • Most grand prizes (600 progress at least)
  • Most DS
  • Highest league
But for each of those the way we play should be a little different. In all cases, unless you are aiming for gold league, completing rival is nice but not necessary when playing for free.

If you are aiming for grand prizes (600 progress), then dropping paws should be your priority. You can do Rival only as long as it doesn't interfere with your main goal.

If you are aiming for most DS, then you should use your extra ticket from quests in the day(s) where the interesting DS appear. Do not use any them for Rival. You can use the generated ticket in Rival even if the DS is not interesting since you cannot save those anyway. But quest ticket and golden ticket should be used on the days where the interesting prize(s) appear.

If you are aiming for highest league (for free), then you should concentrate on creating, and dropping, the biggest chest you can get. The point value is not linear. For this scenario it is better to create a 6 star chest (15 tiles, 845 points) even without dropping it, then dropping a paw by popping a couple of tiles (points 525 = 500 for dropping paw + 25 for 2 tiles).
If you are willing to spend diamonds then doing rival in this scenario does make more sense, since the golden tickets are valuable for this goal.

Rival is clearly not intended for new cities (buy 50 fp, spend 520 fp and win 5+8+10+12 (=35 battles).

In all cases you should not completely dismiss Rival for free.
Rival is a puzzle, if you don't like puzzle, and this event mini game, do at least the first of the suggestion below:
  1. Complete just 1st quest that gives an extra ticket. Popping 15 blue tiles in 6 free tickets without changing your game play should be possible in almost all cases (less than 0.01% chance of not getting blue in 6 consecutive free game during Rival). In the worst case scenario use a lighting if it cannot be done in a few moves (1 lightning for 1 extra ticket seems a fair exchange to me). But if you can form chests one 5 star and one 2 star is enough (and the blue chest is the one with forge point!) even if you fail to drop them.
  2. Complete 9 quests (including first Rival milestone). This will cost you 65 coins for one extra move (net 55) and you will need to buy 5 forge points, but it will gain you: 3 extra tickets*, 10 coins (you will need those for the extra move), 7 hammers (8 but you need to use one), 2 leafy line and 2 lightning. I think 55 coins for an additional 2 tickets is a fair price. In addition you need to buy 5 fp and spend 70 fp, win 5 battles and delete 4 units (less than 1000 coins + 1000 supplies with spear-fighters). This should be doable with no preparation even in a 1-2 month old city. The 70 fp might be the most difficult of all or the 5 fights if you try to do it in BA.
  3. Complete 25 quests will give you the most return for your investment. Unless you are very unlucky you should be able to do this with no extra saved quest or ticket as long as you have the coins required (200 coins). If you do not have the coins you can buy a few for diamonds ONLY IF you reach the 24th quest before that. If you are very unlucky you will not get the colour needed and be unable to proceed very far (probably about 10 to 15 quests). But even if you waste a couple of tickets to get to the colour needed, just play those ticket for your main goal and ignore Rival during your play of that ticket, since there is nothing you can do during that game. This will cost you 200 coins (4 extra moves - 60 coins in prizes), buy 30 fp, spend 320 fp and win 23 battles (GE?). It will gain you: 10 tickets*, 7 Hammers (12 Hammers prizes but you need to use 5 in quests), 9 Leafy lane (10 Leafy lane prizes but you need to use one in quest 11), 6 Lightning (7 Lightning prizes but you need to use one in quest 19, but you probably need to use a few more for the colour quests).
  4. Complete the whole challenge. If you are lucky and used a little preparation (or a lot of diamonds) you can get to the end. But keep in mind your non Rival goal when playing those games or the reward might not be worth the effort. If you are lucky you might just need 2 or 3 saved ticket from your quests and in your bar total (+the required coins). But if you are unlucky just revert to the previous suggested objective. The last 7 quest require a lot effort (and 90 additional net coin expenditure), for mainly just the 3 golden tickets. Extra reward: 3 Golden tickets, 2 hammer, 0 Leafy line, 2 Lighting. Extra cost: 90 coins (2 extra move - 40 coins from prizes) + 2 Leafy line but you get them back afterward as prizes.
* the ticket gains is only a gain if you use those tickets for your main goal doing Rival on the way to said goal. Otherwise you are just going to spend them back to the other gains from rival and they are to be included in the costs too! That is the error most seems to be doing. Same is valid for the tools. Tools should be used if a reasonable amount of moves done on your way to your main goal cannot give you the result you need anyway. Then tools are a valid alternative and worth the expenditure.
This is like sacrificing a piece in a chess game on your way to your goal victory. You do the sacrifice if the gain is worth it. But if you can easily take the same gain without the sacrifice then it a waste instead.

After you reach your suggested goal feel free to use any generated ticket to see how much more you can do without disrupting your main goal. But don't spend valuable resources if the reward is too little. Example buying 20 fp is not worth a hammer (quest 26), spending 2 Leafy line is not worth a reward of 1 (quest 27). If you can fulfil those and can reasonably expect to reach a bigger objective, only then spend the extra required.

Rival is a puzzle.
If you want to do it for free you must plan ahead. For example in quest 24 you need to use 4 hammers. Those should either further you main goal or prepare the board (if blue is on the board) for the next task to pop blue tiles with less moves.
Preparing the board for the next task is not always possible. For example the hammer in quest 3 cannot help with Rival quests because the next one you need to start a new board. But it can be used to drop a paw with less moves or to create/collect a bigger chest next.

If you do not like puzzles go for the first suggested goal and do as much as you can without disrupting you main goal.
If you objective if golden league know that you can compensate for points earned with the golden ticket prize by buying more regular tickets (since you probably need to spend diamond for that anyway). Evaluate which one is cheaper for you.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I don't think will be available since it's a winter building :rolleyes: :-|
and buildings only ever appear in the event they are from :rolleyes:

oh wait that was years ago

now buildings will be in the event after they reappeared in their event one year later
Chocolotary = winter 2022 ---> reappeared Winter 2023 --> so will be in events after that

let's take Tarot Card Caravans.
Halloween 2022 --> reappeared in Halloween 2023 --> directly again in Winter Event 2023 as daily special

not always directly in the next event. but that already happened

Kronan

Viceroy
Hey, thanks for proving my point, @Fury the Avenger.

Your thesis is a recipe, or is your recipe a thesis?

Either way - Inno has misread their player base if they think that a recipe to follow with TONS of design distractions and pristine math is what people want to do - for a month. There is way too much variability in the design to make people feel comfortable they can prevail to win something.

Case in point: just did 2 drop game. 2 x 8 = 16 hours of waiting. Only got 6 TOTAL paws. If they don't appear, you can't make them appear.

People see this and they're going to THROW in the towel - early.

All this is going to do is get people flustered, and they'll start dropping out in droves from playing events at this level of complexity for 1 month.

Seriously - this isn't compelling to be tied to as complex a strategy as this, for a RISKY chance you'll then need to spend money or diamonds to get something because you zigged when you should have zagged on day 17 of the event.

No thank you.

There is plenty of good stuff in the game from a year of spawning designs to have original fun and build a city and participate in the entire crop of game venues productively.

We don't need to kill ourselves to have the latest greatest, for the TIME invested and cost being extracted for it.

Last edited:

Minigal

Farmer
I have to disagree with Fury the Avenger that a fully leveled building is possible by not doing Rival. I did a few of the Rival quests, probably the first two, on each of the 3. AND I spent some diamonds to buy extra tickets, and the occasional coin to extend the play. I am sitting at 488 paws, and I highly doubt that I will get a full building in this event.
The Rival should be there only to help get a second building, not that you have to do it to get the first main building. With a busy working schedule, having 2 days to do the Rival is very hard. I agree with others that the time should start once you start it. Also, in my opinion, I do think that 65 coins is a bit much for only 5 more plays, give us back the 10 for 65 coins.

Not being able to get the full building, while being a daily player, makes this event a bust for me. And the first in many years that I am not getting a full building in the event.

Just a note that I do not care if posted already... 12 fights without losing is rough enough for bronze age, but same again? so why do events unlock in bronze age if there's so little chance of getting to the end? event quest 57 and i believe it was 54 apply only to people able to attack neighbors? and don't say what's the "or" option, cause first time "or" was expedition, this time there is no "or".