• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just wanting to mention, that this is of course not official.
You can also see how valid these claims are, if you look at other posts created on that page, like this and this
I have evidence that (edit)part of(/edit) the first "this" appears to be under A/B testing. some of my (live) cities exhibit a behavior similar to that described in the post - kinda.

It's not random, but it's determined by the order I add my troops to my army which acts a lot like random when swapping troops unless I make effort to empty and reload armies in a particular order. But it only happens in some of my cities, not all I tested when someone complained about their troops being ordered wrong. Hence I believe it's under A/B test (or was - i haven't retested it in the last few weeks).

Edit: the thread where I was testing the behavior: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...battlefield-for-ai-defence.45520/#post-401893

Last edited:

PilgrimDK

Merchant
But then why should Inno give them back to you in the end. You want to keep playing but then be gifted them back?
If they steal currency from your group by removing an entity, is it not normal to replace what Will be lost. Why should some guilds not be compensated for the stuff they loose due to a revoke from devs side? They remove a part that is in use so why not just auto reverse whats in use as if They were released? That will give gvg players time to play it to the end

CrashBoom

Legend
then don't play til the end and just stop 5 minutes earlier and release the sectors ;)

maybe in GvG will be like when the German postal service (Deutsche Post) decided they end delivering telegrams end of 2022
on the last day there will be more action than in the whole year before :D

AllamHRK

Baronet
forgeofempiresadvice.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-new-guild-raid-system-explained.html

Is this serious? IN SUMMARY.... this guild raids will be a mix of the cultural settlement of Egypt with the guild expedition mechanic?

And this **** is going to replace GxG? Let's see, a resource where you could do hundreds or thousands of fights every day, replaced by one where you can do like 10 FIGHTS? hahahaha

And apparently it won't even be battles against other guilds, but rather against mean bots with high %. And it wouldn't be surprising since the PvP Arena, which theoretically should be Player vs Player, in practice is player vs bots... having said that, we can most likely expect a "GvG" which is actually guild vs bots too...

Well, CBG capped at 500~600 fights per day, Expedition 80 fights per week, GxG destroyed and replaced with garbage where you can do 10 fights per day. Conclusion, in terms of individual ranking... those who are at the top at the end of GxG will stay at the top forever, as there is simply no longer any possibility of fighting more than another player, in the best case scenario everyone can do the same amount of fights .

It's not just going to be the old guild ranking that will freeze in time, the solo ranking too, simply PATHETIC, even for you Inno Games.

Marbles

Farmer
Foe is a city building game. First. It has war venues inside the game. Maybe if you re-calibrate your optics, you will gain a new perspective. Mobile players were never allowed to participate. In fact, at one time I wanted to see what the fuss was all about and stole my kids PC for a few hours to load some DAs (with a lot of instructions on how to do that).

SO... I tried, but wasn't going to be tied to a PC to play it.

Grieving is ok - but let's move on.
Its not a matter of grieving its a matter of wanting to play a war game and having a war aspect to the game. FOE was not a city building game it was a war game and advertised as such, it became a more of a city building game once they didn't migrate GVG to mobile. GE and GBG is not war its you being paired randomly with other teams its more a race to first then a war to first. War is war ... you have enemies and you and your teammates come together to plan attacks and defense its strategic in nature and you as a team get to decide your enemies and how long they remain enemies. It adds a social aspect to the game and that is what keeps players playing so long. There are far better city building games if that is what your looking for but for those of us that were sold on forge being a war game want a war aspect. That aspect doesn't need to be GVG but then guild Raids should be designed to have a war aspect and that means we pick our own enemies and how long they remain enemies and we attack and defend as a guild against such enemies.

Last edited:

Logain Sedai

Baronet
forgeofempiresadvice.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-new-guild-raid-system-explained.html

Is this serious? IN SUMMARY.... this guild raids will be a mix of the cultural settlement of Egypt with the guild expedition mechanic?

And this **** is going to replace GxG? Let's see, a resource where you could do hundreds or thousands of fights every day, replaced by one where you can do like 10 FIGHTS? hahahaha

And apparently it won't even be battles against other guilds, but rather against mean bots with high %. And it wouldn't be surprising since the PvP Arena, which theoretically should be Player vs Player, in practice is player vs bots... having said that, we can most likely expect a "GvG" which is actually guild vs bots too...

Well, CBG capped at 500~600 fights per day, Expedition 80 fights per week, GxG destroyed and replaced with garbage where you can do 10 fights per day. Conclusion, in terms of individual ranking... those who are at the top at the end of GxG will stay at the top forever, as there is simply no longer any possibility of fighting more than another player, in the best case scenario everyone can do the same amount of fights .

It's not just going to be the old guild ranking that will freeze in time, the solo ranking too, simply PATHETIC, even for you Inno Games.
I can't believe that Inno really wants to implement that to replace GVG. How do they expect us to be happy with this feature ? One thing we liked about GVG was that we interacted with other guilds of our choices. Playing against the computer is not interesting and waste the advantages of having such a big community all over the world.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager

Again, all the information on this page is either made up, posted after official announcements or straight up stolen from other people.
In this case it's the first.
Don't believe everything a random person writes in a random blog.

Demeter7

Squire
Again, all the information on this page is either made up, posted after official announcements or straight up stolen from other people.
In this case it's the first.
Don't believe everything a random person writes in a random blog.
@Juber - are you saying that Guild Raids will be nothing like what is described in that blog? As a promise?
Then Inno better tell us what it really is.

Demeter7

Squire
Couldn't be more Wrong.

FoE was NEVER advertised as a War game. It was advertised as a Strategy Citybuilding Game that is about evolving your City through the ages of mankind ever since. In Fact. the fighting Aspect doesn't even appear on the Apps discription in the App Store.
If FoE was never intended to be a war game, then why does every building they offer in events offer Attack/Defense boosts? Why do they have troops and barracks for the cities? Why do some of the GBs give A/D boosts or troops?

What is the purpose of having all of that, if we only ever battle AI?

If FoE was never intended to be a war game, then why does every building they offer in events offer Attack/Defense boosts?

Because Players tended to cry Buildings are Trash when they didn't have Army Bonusses in the Past

Why do they have troops and barracks for the cities? Why do some of the GBs give A/D boosts or troops?

Because chosing the fighting Route is a STRATEGY you're able to chose in that STRATEGY Game, as is Negotiating, Guild Supporting, Diamond Farming, Idleing in Age X etc.

What is the purpose of having all of that, if we only ever battle AI?

What exactly are you Battling in GbG/GvG/GE and even PvP when not pixelated troops controlled by an AI?

Last edited: