• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
GE1-5 Costs:
:unit:
Units
:goods_previous:
Prev. Age goods
:goods:
Current Age goods
30% defence boosts30

:tradecoin:
Main rewards
(this week's GE1-5):
FP'sprev. Age goodsCurrent age goods
:forge_point:
GE1 sel. KitGE2 sel. KitGE3 Sel. KitGE4 Sel. Kit
:fragment:
G. Ritual flame kitDiv. skywatch kitSerp. Chain kitSerp.

DiamondsAvatarsForg. Temple
:diamonds:
:horrorcircus:

Conclusion:

The 1st 4 levels I lost a couple of units. In the lower levels due to silly mistakes. At lvl4 at worse 1 unit got killed. The battles are challenging but overwhelming boosts difference in my favour payed off. A good amount of decent rewards were easily obtained this way. Among the way also some prev. age goods for lvl5 and some units. The fps and the diamonds are the sweetest candy of the 1st 4 levels. Ive auto-battled GE1-4 and manually fought in GE5.
The 1st 4 levels are quit rewarding. Particularly on the fp end. Although it's nothing compared to any established city, it's a nice addition. Besides that some AD buildings and a few fragments of useful consumables. Although I didn't count them as main rewards.
The 5th level was a bit expensive-ish. While I felt back on blue bottles, as a more convenient bail out consumable, I could've relayed more on patients with Kraken/Virgo. Both are for some GE5 battles a must have to make them winnable. As for optimisation, I've settled down on fighting 75% of the GE5 and negotiate the last 3-4 encounters. Didn't use fortifications of negotiations since the -1 option fortification never showed up. Not even at the big encounters.
Despite all of that, I feel GE5 serves as a decent goods-pit. Since it can result in a decent building to be forever active: forgotten temple. Granted that you can maintain a streak of completing GE5 weekly. My recommendation is to just prepare to fight the 1st 12 encounters in GE5 and negotiate the last 3-4. Among maintaining the forgotten temple, getting the serpent and expanding on it is just downright great. As it's pretty efficient and imo it looks awesome.

For now I've decided to settle down on this strategy. It seems to be the best to keep up. As for the costs, I think 2,5k-ish for both prev. and current age goods is a good estimate for weekly costs.

Had to release my analysis in multiple messages since the emoji ons are "pictures" and that's limited to 50.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
GE1-5 Costs:
Units
Prev. Age goods
Current Age goods
30% defence boosts30

:tradecoin:
Main rewards
(this week's GE1-5):
FP'sprev. Age goodsCurrent age goods
:forge_point:
GE1 sel. KitGE2 sel. KitGE3 Sel. KitGE4 Sel. Kit
G. Ritual flame kitDiv. skywatch kitSerp. Chain kitSerp.

DiamondsAvatarsForg. Temple

Conclusion:

The 1st 4 levels I lost a couple of units. In the lower levels due to silly mistakes. At lvl4 at worse 1 unit got killed. The battles are challenging but overwhelming boosts difference in my favour payed off. A good amount of decent rewards were easily obtained this way. Among the way also some prev. age goods for lvl5 and some units. The fps and the diamonds are the sweetest candy of the 1st 4 levels. Ive auto-battled GE1-4 and manually fought in GE5.
The 1st 4 levels are quit rewarding. Particularly on the fp end. Although it's nothing compared to any established city, it's a nice addition. Besides that some AD buildings and a few fragments of useful consumables. Although I didn't count them as main rewards.
The 5th level was a bit expensive-ish. While I felt back on blue bottles, as a more convenient bail out consumable, I could've relayed more on patients with Kraken/Virgo. Both are for some GE5 battles a must have to make them winnable. As for optimisation, I've settled down on fighting 75% of the GE5 and negotiate the last 3-4 encounters. Didn't use fortifications of negotiations since the -1 option fortification never showed up. Not even at the big encounters.
Despite all of that, I feel GE5 serves as a decent goods-pit. Since it can result in a decent building to be forever active: forgotten temple. Granted that you can maintain a streak of completing GE5 weekly. My recommendation is to just prepare to fight the 1st 12 encounters in GE5 and negotiate the last 3-4. Among maintaining the forgotten temple, getting the serpent and expanding on it is just downright great. As it's pretty efficient and imo it looks awesome.

For now I've decided to settle down on this strategy. It seems to be the best to keep up. As for the costs, I think 2,5k-ish for both prev. and current age goods is a good estimate for weekly costs.

Had to release my analysis in multiple messages since the emoji ons are "pictures" and that's limited to 50.

GE5 take 7:ge5:

:power:Age:
OF
:att_def_defender:Default buffs: 235% :att_defender: 371%:def_defender:
:gb:GB's used: Kraken + AO
:attrition:Lost battles: 2
:aiding:Blue bottles used: 10x 30%

:quests:Costs:
:unit:44
:goods_previous:2.585
:goods:2.840
:diamonds:10
:tavernsilver:1.320

:dc:Rewards:
:fragment:G. Rit. Flame:fragment:Div. Skywatch:fragment:Serp. Chain kit
:fragment:Serp. Kit:fragment:Forg. Temple:horrorcircus: Avatars

I’ve simplified the format for my GE5 overview. To give a much easier and quick overview. Granting a better indication for costs/rewards.

:blueprint:Strategy
I’ve battled it out the 1st 12 encounters and the last 4 I’ve negotiated. With the exception of encounter 65, I've constructed eagle temples on the "small" encounters. On the big encounters 68 and 72 I've constructed 2x infiltration temples. On encounter 76 I've constructed 2x greater warrior temples. On 1 encounter I've constructed a neg. fortification to reduce the options. Ironically it's the one where I had to buy the 5th turn (4th from tavern).

:goods_special:Special moments:
The 76th encounter was a close call. Yet succeeded. Worth mentioning is that I've constructed 2 great warrior temples on encounter 76, which costed me a total of 480 prev. age goods but no current age goods. Costs overview per enc. under a spoiler.

:negotiation:Conclusions
Although I've ended this time around with costs around <6k goods, from which a little over 2,5k prev. age goods, I got lucky this time in battle. A more refined strategy for GE5 has also payed off. Effectively improving the odds.
The biggest flaws of GE5 imo are the fragments and the lack of consistency in the neg. fortifications. With the battle fortifications there's a consistency for small and big encounters: small encounters offer eagle + jaguar temple. Big encounters greater warrior + infiltration temple. Neg. fortifications are randomly selected. Imo it would've been better to offer the -1 option neg. fortification for the big encounters.
The issue with fragments is the delayed rewards. Which throws off some. While understandable to making GE5 what it is, using fragments, it remains a flaw in this difficult part of the game.

Encounter:goods_previous::goods:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
GE5 take 8
:ge5:

:power:
:att_def_defender:
Default buffs:
261%
:att_defender:
473%
:def_defender:

:gb:
GB's used:
Kraken + AO
:attrition:
Lost battles:
??
:aiding:
Blue bottles used:
none
:army: Military defeated enc. : 65-76
:negotiation: Negotiated enc. : 77-80

:quests:
Costs:
??
:tavernsilver:

:dc:
Rewards:
G. Rit. Flame
Div. Skywatch
Serp. Chain kit
Serp. Kit
Forg. Temple

This time around I've forgotten to keep track of units lost in battle. Also I didn't use any blue bottles. I stocked to my the following strategy:
Enc. 65 - no fortification
Enc. 68 & 72 temple of infiltration
Enc. 76 greater warrior temple
Enc. 66; 67; 69; 70; 71 eagle fortification
Enc. 77; 79; 80 no fortifications
Enc. 78 fortification -1 neg. Option

So far it seems that indeed, investing in neg. fortifications don't make any economical sense. So far I could've saved a couple of 100's of goods. With a decently levelled AO and Kraken, a consistent goods income and a healthy influx of fresh units to absorb losses, it can cost around 5k goods per week to maintain a forgotten temple. With 1 neg. fortification at the end a bit more. Around 5,5k goods/w.
In other words it seems to me that it costs app. 20-25k goods/forgotten temple (active). On top of that every 4-5w you get a full set of the GE5 buildings. Imo it's quite expensive but worth the effort.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
GE5 take 9
:ge5:

Default buffs:
269%
381%

GB's used:
Kraken + AO
Lost battles:
Blue bottles used:
none
:army:
Military defeated enc. : 65-76
:negotiation:
Negotiated enc. : 77-80

Costs:
:tavernsilver:

:dc:
Rewards:
G. Rit. Flame
Div. Skywatch
Serp. Chain kit
Serp. Kit
Forg. Temple

This time around I got lucky with 1 of the battles. With 1 heavily damaged unit surviving. I've also used once more 1 neg. fortification and had to buy 1 additional turn for negotiations with diamonds. I got once Rick rolled. Though in the last 4 encounters I noticed with joy that the avatars couldn't drop.

:geattempt:Finalising conclusion
The costs seems to circle around:
5,5k/w :goods_previous:/:goods:
1.320 :tavernsilver:
To me it's worth it. There's not much else I could do with the goods. The rewards are annoyingly enough fragmented. Combined with avatars it remains annoying to grind them. The good thing however is the forgotten temple. It's a quite good looking building. Its benefits are awesome. Though with the recent power creep, it might not take very long before it's outperformed.
For now there's next to nothing to add anymore in regards of the GE1-5 update from my side.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
for comparison to complete your information, here is my case in my live city :

Default buffs:
310%
294%

GB's used:
Kraken + AO (lvl 148 - 43,17%)
Lost battles:
Blue bottles used:
none
:army:
Military defeated enc. : 65-76
:negotiation:
Negotiated enc. : 77-80

Costs:
:ge5:2 fortresses at the enc number 76

It's more or less the same results for 4 weeks.

:geattempt:Finalising conclusion :

For me it is also worth it. I can't do much else with the goods either. The rewards are disappointing when you come across an avatar. I know some like them but for me it's just a waste of time accumulating wanted fragments.
The Forgotten Temple is truly awesome, my FP production is now up to 1,600 FP daily. The only concern is having to delete it every month to replace it with a new one. I would have preferred it to be able to go from "ruins" to active using the 200 shards collected from the old build.
Especially since I noticed that the final levels of buildings offering either red % or blue % are more prolific in FP on the blue %, which accentuates the gains with the Forgotten Temple.

As much as the progression from 65 to 76 is quite regular, between 76 and 80 it means still negotiating for years for the majority of players.

The biggest error of Innogames is in their calculations between the cost of certain buildings and the possible gain during negotiations as well as the contributions in blue % over the last 4 meetings.
I plan to test the virgo to spend 2 to 3 more meetings without negotiating.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I've decided to have some fun in this new Guild Expeditions bit. However, Inno still insults us with a low medal count (can't remember the number but it is way lower than 50) for grabbing a gold relic (at least I get 100 FP or 200 of some good for it). Someone needs to revamp that reward for such a high (2nd to rare) quality relic.

They took the diamonds off the first three levels. However, it was crazy getting a good amount of FP and attempts (so I don't have to spend for those). GE 4 has some diamonds or FP to be received. However, I am staying away from GE 5 for a while. It costs a good amount of goods to negotiate with (my city defense is a good enough number, but not high enough). 5% chance for an avatar? You might just omit them off the field and just give the fragments instead as I don't think anyone is that lucky enough to get them.

Updated Edit: Had to put in my take on this feature.

Last edited:

angelgail

Baronet
I've decided to have some fun in this new Guild Expeditions bit. However, Inno still insults us with a low medal count (can't remember the number but it is way lower than 50) for grabbing a gold relic (at least I get 100 FP or 200 of some good for it). Someone needs to revamp that reward for such a high (2nd to rare) quality relic.

They took the diamonds off the first three levels. However, it was crazy getting a good amount of FP and attempts (so I don't have to spend for those). GE 4 has some diamonds or FP to be received. However, I am staying away from GE 5 for a while. It costs a good amount of goods to negotiate with (my city defense is a good enough number, but not high enough). 5% chance for an avatar? You might just omit them off the field and just give the fragments instead as I don't think anyone is that lucky enough to get them.

Updated Edit: Had to put in my take on this feature.
have almost all the avatars keep trying you will get them