• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Speedup of Early Eras test

It seems like most of the changes are staying in the same era at least?

What about also including how much you've unlocked on the continent map? You can pretty much disregard the whole map....until the space ages where you need it to scout the goods. It also takes do dang long to scout that it forces you to slow down before moving up. Like there's no requirement to complete the map before moving up in tech ? Or the reverse, where the map is unlocked when you get to that age or research all the techs. Getting up to a certain required sector in EMA unlocks PVP which makes sense because you have to fight. Fighting unlocks unit technologies that you still have to pay on the tech tree.

Dessire

Regent
Patience is what you need in this game and if you make low lvl players get used to move fast through 5 ages, you are making them get uses to progress fast.

The consequences? New playees with no patience, leaving the game faster than before or making them pay real $ to progress faster. . .

Patience is what you need in this game and if you make low lvl players get used to move fast through 5 ages, you are making them get uses to progress fast.

The consequences? New playees with no patience, leaving the game faster than before or making them pay real $ to progress faster. . .
Pretty sure the ladder is what the devs want. I can't help but think that the sheer number of ages would put most people off from playing in the long term as well. Like a tv show with 500 episodes, are you seriously going to get into that or spend the next few years of your life on it? But for this it's moving features up, not exactly speeding up the tech tree (???)

Are all the changes done? So when my features still sit at the old tech I guess I'm in the non-testing part?

All in all I like the changes but think they should go one or two ages further. Since I don't switch ages within an event I doubt that I save a lot of time by that.

mcbluefire

Baronet
This doesn't make any sense at all.
Reduce requirements to get aged up even though it's easier than ever to get the resources needed to age up.
Remove side quests that can be aborted anyway?

Overall, this sounds like a horrible Do Not Suggest item being implemented to what purpose? What feedback showed that folks aren't aging up becuase it was too expensive in the early ages?

Meanwhile in SAT players with 2500/2200 attack boosts get completely wiped by 580/580+ defense troops in GE, in PvP Arena, and on the continent map. SAT is going to be the worst age ever for fighting GbG (troop loss, troop replacement, and wasting time to change out troops for every fight based on defense). So instead of fixing that, make the early ages even easier so when those players reach SAT they'll just rage quit? Come on!

Waste of development time, period.

Last edited:

Beta Eta

Farmer
Please leave the features at the tech tree where they were before. With full intention, I did not invent Military Tactics - because I do not want to unlock PvP. I invented Chain of Command which was irrelevant for this decision. Now I would be forced into PvP against my will - not good.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
This doesn't make any sense at all.
Reduce requirements to get aged up even though it's easier than ever to get the resources needed to age up.
Remove side quests that can be aborted anyway?

Overall, this sounds like a horrible Do Not Suggest item being implemented to what purpose? What feedback showed that folks aren't aging up becuase it was too expensive in the early ages?

Meanwhile in SAT players with 2500/2200 attack boosts get completely wiped by 580/580+ defense troops in GE, in PvP Arena, and on the continent map. SAT is going to be the worst age ever for fighting GbG (troop loss, troop replacement, and wasting time to change out troops for every fight based on defense). So instead of fixing that, make the early ages even easier so when those players reach SAT they'll just rage quit? Come on!

Waste of development time, period.
It's not for the SAT players. It's to help retain the players that normally leave the game in early ages, and to give them a sense of faster progression. In other words, helping new players get invested in the game more.

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
The first big impediment in advancing to a new era seems to be the Attacking Army Attack & Defence boost, as GE and Map units tend to get harder to kill with each new advancement.

The second impediment is the lack of One-Up/Renovation kits, I always try to get as many Event buildings as possible in each event and the lack of One-Up kits is what is usually keeping me from jumping to the next era.

The Stage of Ages helped tremendously, especially after the Modern Era, we really needed a building which gives previous era goods as well, and the fact that now you also created the Epic Selection Kits where you let players choose which previous event era building to build, and the fact that you usually give this prise in the last day of the event as well, also helps tremendously.

The GE "rebalance" kinda helps a lot new players, by giving more FP than before, but the diamond nerf still hurts and the L5 is still outrageously hard and expensive. It's not my fault that Inno couldn't foresee the diamond farming phenomena by introducing the wishing well, and I still think that GE rewards should be Age related, like the Event Buildings rewards are, to encourage & stimulate people and especially the Iron Age campers to move one and play the game, it would really help everybody.

And with all that being said, I really don't know how much would this speedup help, because, especially in the early ages and due to the low FP income, I can only advance to a new age in between Events, otherwise it would be really hard to finish an Event due to some quests. So... I dunno what else to say atm.

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
It's not for the SAT players. It's to help retain the players that normally leave the game in early ages, and to give them a sense of faster progression. In other words, helping new players get invested in the game more.
You are correct that it is not for high age players. But it also does little to retain players. They leave because of the imbalances in the game. Saving a day or two will not fix that. Yes this will allow them to fight earlier but without extra attack and defense they will rage quit. Fighting is almost impossible for a new player.
Getting into a guild that is active is to hard. From leveling GB's to GBG to GE this is a big nothing burger. I look at it for what it is. Just another bad Inno idea that was not thought through before it was put here.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
You are correct that it is not for high age players. But it also does little to retain players. They leave because of the imbalances in the game. Saving a day or two will not fix that. Yes this will allow them to fight earlier but without extra attack and defense they will rage quit. Fighting is almost impossible for a new player.
Getting into a guild that is active is to hard. From leveling GB's to GBG to GE this is a big nothing burger. I look at it for what it is. Just another bad Inno idea that was not thought through before it was put here.
But that's not true. The stage of the game that players leave is the early game. 50% of players never hit 10000 points, and I'd wager that most of those players either a) found the game not to their liking, or b) got annoyed with progression and early age gameplay. This fixes, or at the very least addresses, the latter.

In the test, campaign map fights were made easier. Basically, as I read it, the goal is to get the player feeling like they have been advancing quickly and get them logging into the game as a habit, at which point they begin to become a regular player.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
That's how I see it:
The early ages were created long ago, in a time where we did not have army boosts at all. So even if they are accelerated, you still will have no problem fighting there, as they were already designed to be easy, even without boosts.
And when players reach higher eras earlier, they will have access to higher stats from event buildings earlier as well. So that equals out pretty well already.
Fighting should not be a problem, even with this speedup.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But that's not true. The stage of the game that players leave is the early game. 50% of players never hit 10000 points, and I'd wager that most of those players either a) found the game not to their liking, or b) got annoyed with progression and early age gameplay. This fixes, or at the very least addresses, the latter.

In the test, campaign map fights were made easier. Basically, as I read it, the goal is to get the player feeling like they have been advancing quickly and get them logging into the game as a habit, at which point they begin to become a regular player.
I still think the discontinuity of speeding up the already-fast part of the game but then not touching at all the part that comes immediately after it is likely to cancel out whatever gains it might have. i.e. so you have a few weeks of progressing quickly and then suddenly hit the not-adjusted portion where you have an entire continent per era, where you already needed a lot more goods, and already took a lot more scouting time than what came before.

More or less the change in expectations between nerfed-colonial and unnerfed-industrial is likely to be far more jarring than between unnerfed-BA and unnerfed-IA. Instead of being gradually brought up to expectations, you've turned a lot of the transition ages into cake without adjusting what came after them.

"Surprise! you're in industrial! You need a couple hundred of each HMA, LMA, and Colonial good! Under the old progression this wouldn't have seemed weird because you've needed previous era goods in increases quantities as you went along - but we felt that slowed you down too much, so rather than gradually introducing you to needing escalating quantities of goods, we put it off til Industrial! Enjoy!"

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I still think the discontinuity of speeding up the already-fast part of the game but then not touching at all the part that comes immediately after it is likely to cancel out whatever gains it might have. i.e. so you have a few weeks of progressing quickly and then suddenly hit the not-adjusted portion where you have an entire continent per era, where you already needed a lot more goods, and already took a lot more scouting time than what came before.

More or less the change in expectations between nerfed-colonial and unnerfed-industrial is likely to be far more jarring than between unnerfed-BA and unnerfed-IA. Instead of being gradually brought up to expectations, you've turned a lot of the transition ages into cake without adjusting what came after them.

"Surprise! you're in industrial! You need a couple hundred of each HMA, LMA, and Colonial good! Under the old progression this wouldn't have seemed weird because you've needed previous era goods in increases quantities as you went along - but we felt that slowed you down too much, so rather than gradually introducing you to needing escalating quantities of goods, we put it off til Industrial! Enjoy!"
True. I think the ramping of age costs could be better adjusted from those I've heard quoted with this change. But I think the general idea has promise.

Maybe they should nerf all the eras. Back 10 years ago when FE was the final age, trying to get there from the stone ages would have taken a long time, now look there's 20 more ages where you need 30k special goods that you can only get a hundred per day.

Yekk

Regent

Yes 1/2 the players do not reach 10K player points but quite a few, actually the majority, of those do not stay long enough to make Colonial or even LMA. They quit in their first few days. In or before IA. The changes do not address what I put up do they? The changes are a very small start on a much bigger problem that follows what we have seen from Inno "improvements" these last few years. The road to hell in paved with good intentions.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I still think the discontinuity of speeding up the already-fast part of the game but then not touching at all the part that comes immediately after it is likely to cancel out whatever gains it might have.
of course the Colonial Age has a transition to require more at the end of the research again, so there is a curve. Before, it was very linear, now it stays very low up until early Colonial Age with a steeper increase there towards the end.

Yekk

Regent
That's how I see it:
The early ages were created long ago, in a time where we did not have army boosts at all. So even if they are accelerated, you still will have no problem fighting there, as they were already designed to be easy, even without boosts.
And when players reach higher eras earlier, they will have access to higher stats from event buildings earlier as well. So that equals out pretty well already.
Fighting should not be a problem, even with this speedup.
Actually army boost were one of the first bonuses players were given. Zeus, CoA and CDM are some of the first GB's a player got and they are still very relevant. Moving players to higher ages faster only works if the GB's they would have received are made easier to get and level. I do hope you do not paraphrase how you respond to the developers. It is quite obvious you have a bias on this...

of course the Colonial Age has a transition to require more at the end of the research again, so there is a curve. Before, it was very linear, now it stays very low up until early Colonial Age with a steeper increase there towards the end.
I'm not sure what the end goal for inno is to just change up to EMA, these same people are probably going to quit regardless because inno's research book is obscenely long when you start at the bottom. It'd be interesting if there were worlds where you start out in an assigned era.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Actually army boost were one of the first bonuses players were given. Zeus, CoA and CDM are some of the first GB's a player got and they are still very relevant. Moving players to higher ages faster only works if the GB's they would have received are made easier to get and level. I do hope you do not paraphrase how you respond to the developers. It is quite obvious you have a bias on this...
When the game launched, it already had Stone Age up to Late Middle Age, however, we did not have great buildings yet. So the ages were designed without those in mind. Of course they make it easier, but are easily possible without any boosts. And by the time you reach Colonial Age, you will have 2-3 event buildings providing a lot of boosts you could just dream of 10 years ago.