• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2023

-Alin-

Emperor
The Temple of the Relics and the Temple of the Sun, as well as the Aztec Settlement, do not belong to South America, they belong to Mexico, therefore North America. There are no buildings representing Central Africa, South and not even South America. Just as they don't have buildings that contain the Oceania continent. Africa is represented in the game by Egypt and Egypt does not represent all of Africa but only a part of it fused with the Arab culture, which is also lacking in buildings. Not even for the game to put a skyscraper like Burj Khalifa in the game, since this may be copyrighted so seris they could just remodel. There are several cultures, but as they said there they only focus on Europe, USA and Japan (Virtual Future), in addition to infinite Iron Age style buildings i.e Greco-Roman.

Yep, Temple of Relics was supposed to be Chichen Itza.

Also there were some sketches long ago (back on 2013) with another GB that was supposed to be in game, Angkor Wat, that's from Cambodia and wouldnt have changed that much since it's not from the continents people were describing here.
greatbuildings (1).jpg

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The Temple of the Relics and the Temple of the Sun, as well as the Aztec Settlement, do not belong to South America, they belong to Mexico, therefore North America. There are no buildings representing Central Africa, South and not even South America. Just as they don't have buildings that contain the Oceania continent. Africa is represented in the game by Egypt and Egypt does not represent all of Africa but only a part of it fused with the Arab culture, which is also lacking in buildings. Not even for the game to put a skyscraper like Burj Khalifa in the game, since this may be copyrighted so seris they could just remodel. There are several cultures, but as they said there they only focus on Europe, USA and Japan (Virtual Future), in addition to infinite Iron Age style buildings i.e Greco-Roman.
First of all idk about the temple of relics. Didn't mention that GB at all anyways. Aztecs are indeed Mexican. Got Latin-American confused. So, the deforestation in South America has been worse than I assumed, assuming you're correct. I thought the rain forest to still be there, never thought it got that bad. Rain forest project is in South America but if the rain forest is no more than I guess it makes sense it ain't no more either.
I thought terrace farms to also be in South America:
"Terrace cultivation has been practiced in parts of Africa; and in the Andes of South America for centuries."
Guess magically they've left South America with the deforested rain forest project. As terrace farm is a GE building.
Actually in regards of Oceania yes and no. Australian and new-Zealand's culture have not find there way in the game. However there has been a summer event featuring a portion of the Polonysian cultures. To be precise Summer event 2016. Actually there's also quite a lot of various number of buildings themed around the Middle East. Summer event 2015. The truce tower used to be the dynamic tower. A concept building for Dubai, if I'm not mistaken. It's skin was removed and replaced by truce tower due to a copyright dispute. However diamond ring hotel is also a GB inspired by Dubai. So, although most buildings themed around the Middle East and Polonysia have been years ago and didn't age well due to powerleap, they are in the game.

As for my point: only Africa has never really been featured. Nor actually Australian and new-Zealand's culture. Though I think a discussion about cultural themed buildings are better for their own discussion topic. As for on-topic, I don't mind the theme shift in soccer event. It's a quite nice summery theme for the end of summer.

CDmark

Baronet
You mean my insect farm isn't a giant ant hill from Africa? :)

Yep, Temple of Relics was supposed to be Chichen Itza.

Also there were some sketches long ago (back on 2013) with another GB that was supposed to be in game, Angkor Wat, that's from Cambodia and wouldnt have changed that much since it's not from the continents people were describing here.
Wow, they could come back with this GB. It would be lovely to have the Buddhist temple. But just leaving this axis of Europe and the USA is already a good thing.It's already saturated this many Iron Age-style buildings.

First of all idk about the temple of relics. Didn't mention that GB at all anyways. Aztecs are indeed Mexican. Got Latin-American confused. So, the deforestation in South America has been worse than I assumed, assuming you're correct. I thought the rain forest to still be there, never thought it got that bad. Rain forest project is in South America but if the rain forest is no more than I guess it makes sense it ain't no more either.
I thought terrace farms to also be in South America:
"Terrace cultivation has been practiced in parts of Africa; and in the Andes of South America for centuries."
Guess magically they've left South America with the deforested rain forest project. As terrace farm is a GE building.
Actually in regards of Oceania yes and no. Australian and new-Zealand's culture have not find there way in the game. However there has been a summer event featuring a portion of the Polonysian cultures. To be precise Summer event 2016. Actually there's also quite a lot of various number of buildings themed around the Middle East. Summer event 2015. The truce tower used to be the dynamic tower. A concept building for Dubai, if I'm not mistaken. It's skin was removed and replaced by truce tower due to a copyright dispute. However diamond ring hotel is also a GB inspired by Dubai. So, although most buildings themed around the Middle East and Polonysia have been years ago and didn't age well due to powerleap, they are in the game.

As for my point: only Africa has never really been featured. Nor actually Australian and new-Zealand's culture. Though I think a discussion about cultural themed buildings are better for their own discussion topic. As for on-topic, I don't mind the theme shift in soccer event. It's a quite nice summery theme for the end of summer.
Tropical forests are not something only in South America, they are present in the tropics. It exists in Asia, Africa, Part of Oceania and also in America. So this GB is not exclusive to South America. Same thing with terraces, it doesn't exist only in Andean America, it exists all over the world after all it's a cultivation method and it's not exclusive there. When we want representativeness, it's not taking something general and transform that as if it were related to a place because it is not. Identity says a lot, as I said there are several things that exclusively represent that continent culturally or naturally Installing a terrace is not to say that it belongs to America, because it is generic, it exists everywhere. Now if you look at history, put a model similar to Machu Picchu or Christ the Redeemer, Patagonia, Local vegetation exclusive to that location such as the vastness of Salt that exists in Bolivia, Dunes that exist in Brazil, the Andes Mountain Range that crosses the continent etc. Make buildings that you will know are from that country or continent. You just look back and see how much the game has built of churches like gb. Tell me which church is outside Europe

Last edited:

XIA*

Marquis
Shinto temple, timeless dojo, Himaji castle, several spring event buildings from the past, among them: cherry blossom set, pagoda and a couple more of them are Japanese themed/originating buildings. During summer events they used to rotate cultures from countries with a sunny/hot climate. This however was discontinued in favour of the pirate theme. South American has been largely featured through GE and Aztecs' sun temple, GB rain forest project is located in the South American rain forest. While admittedly not being representative of modern South American cultures, the continent is technically permanently featured in the game. Africa is to the best of my knowledge not been visited other than the cmap. FE's solarpunk is imho more reflecting a western interpretation of a bright solarpunk future but not representative for African culture.
So, there are from the mentioned cultures/places quite some buildings and content in the game already. Africa however is the big missing part of it all though.

More on topic. I strongly agreed with others who've pointed out the design flaws. In particular the difficulties caused by the looks. The pieces of the minigame are hard to correctly see and making a good choice based off that. It would be great if this will be reworked. Darkening the background and making the differences immediately obvious.
yes there are some buildings from other cultures but they are either very old or not event buildings. Recently most event buildings (except for the wildlife) were European, mostly Southern European (Italian, greek, Spanish) in style. They don't have to be famous buildings, but could be styled around other cultures. Hanok houses from Korea for example, they look exquisite, unique and not copyrighted :) They are also recognisable different from japanese architecture. There are awesome temples in Thailand, with unique looks. African designs could be explored. Arab cultures are completely left out too. i'm not saying they should design a mosque or something but there are other brilliantly designed structures in the Arab world that could be referenced. Even Nordic could be referenced, we only have the Yggdrasil from there, which isn't really a building. The possibilities are endless but 80% of the time we get a Greco-Roman design or something western european.

CDmark

Baronet
Question for diamond spenders
What numbers or basis are you using?
I figure game 5 each day is 160+100=260 soccer balls (you see, it is a soccer event...lol)
2000 D for 820 balls
Each game based on numbers I has for anniversary event, I got about 25 to 30 points via locked players, 18 keys per game.
So I will say 45 advances per 260 balls, this for that game 5
2000D gets you about 140 advances
Takes 250 to get next prize
So, about 3600 D for each grand prize
If you end up at 3750, would take 12 more, 6750 to get the 2nd one L9, 7000 to get 2nd one Gold (via silver league prize)
Cost - 6750 - 43000D, 7000 - 46600D
Do these numbers make sense? here is why I ask
1 extra game per day (game 5), 21 day event, 45 advances per day, 945 advances so how would you get the possible 3000 advances. If you say game 6 at an entry fee of 320, then the numbers above are NO BUENO.

I would say you could put more players on the field to open more unlocked players but there is no way to define results. My numbers above are based on Anniversary data I kept for me so it isn't 100% but I would say close. I do recall Anniversary, the 2nd one was at least 30K, this is just diamonds.

The other calculation I used was spending the $15.
At 5000 advances you would have 2 Gold event buildings and 3 feta farms, actually at 4500, you would probably be silver league getting that last upgrade so 5000 may not be necessary.

Xivarmy---where are you???

Here's my feedback on the event.
I don't like events that take up a lot of time. The little time I have, I prefer to use it in other parts of the game. I love events that take up little time, like the roulette event or the previous summer event.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Ok. Per the question CDmark asked, here are my current numbers for the cost of a second Aegean Resort. For most calculations, results have been rounded unfavorably for the player, meaning that I would expect your actual costs to be less. But this accounts for badge balancing, bad minigames, less incidents, etc.

I'm averaging 28.2 progress per game, with 17 badges, spending only 90 soccer balls on spawning players per game. (I'm also currently running a 0, 20, 40, 0, 20 reset cost due to the bug with board reset costs, but that doesn't matter for us.) Also, the average progress/badge buying only gold bags is 1.4. We'll assume you have to spread out your badge spending a little on silver bags, so we'll call it 1.35 progress/badge.

Currently, I've gotten 1380 soccer balls from incidents, hitting the 500 twice. Since we're a week in, that would be expected to be about 4000 balls from incidents... but I think I've just been lucky. We'll call it 2000 from incidents. Those, combined with the 10020 free soccer balls, would net us 12020 soccer balls for free. We also can't forget about badges from the daily challenges, where you can get up to 189. We'll assume you've gotten those.

Now comes the tricky bit. Figuring out progress and costs.

The free badges from daily challenges result in 255 free progress. Yay! A free extra grand prize tier. With 28 progress per game, and 17 badges * 1.35 progress/badge, that's about 50 total progress per game (rounded down from 50.95 for wiggle room. Yes, that's big rounding. Probably shouldn't have done that, but I did). This'll make the math easy!

We run out of free currency after playing 6 5-board days and the rest 4-board days, giving us ~4755 progress. But we need more.
  • Maxing out the 5-board days only gives us 5500 progress (with the daily challenges stuff).
  • Maxing out the 6-board days gives us 6550 progress
  • Maxing out the 7-board days gives us 7605 progress! Went too far! Go back!
  • Playing 19 7-board days, with the rest as 6-board days, gives you 7505 progress. Perfect... or it would be, if it didn't cost 26210 extra soccer balls... aka 64000 diamonds.
Placing in silver league would require 500 less progress, which you would probably get by spending this many soccer balls. In fact, unless you're on a newer world, most worlds had the cutoff for the gold league in the Anniversary Event at only about 5-6k progress, and we're going farther. That doesn't actually help you though more than silver, so kind of a moot point. Anyways, with 500 less progress, that's only 7000 progress needed, which would require 9 7-board days and the rest as 6-board days, costing 18910 extra soccer balls, aka 46000 diamonds.

It is worth noting, however, that at 7500 progress, you have a total of:
  • 2 Aegean Resorts from just the free pass
  • 3 Aegean Resorts from the silver + free pass
  • 4 Aegean Resorts from the gold + silver + free pass (note - actually at 7750 progress though)
It's also worth noting that, should I use the raw numbers that I have without rounding, I'd be at 51.26 progress per game, which would result in only ~16700 soccer balls (40.6k diamonds) needed. This also doesn't include the possibility that you ever just... clear a board! At which point you'd get a free reset, which could be MASSIVE, especially for the 7-board days. That would remove an extra 730 soccer balls from the total needed, the equivalent of nearly 1800 diamonds.

It's also also worth noting if you play the minigame on the last day in the like 4 hours between the cost reset and the end of the event, you need only THREE seven-board days, leaving us with only 15.7k soccer balls needed (38k diamonds).

It's also also also worth noting that if you purchase the most expensive reward bag each day for the 2x progress, and we assume you get a gold bag each time, that's an extra 504 progress, meaning that you need NO 7-board days, and instead only 15 6-board days, dropping the totals to only 11k soccer balls needed (25.8k diamonds).

I think that's enough optimizing though - you could keep going further (ie - estimating number of full completions, finding how lucky you could get with reward bags, etc.), but I'm done for today.

These are all estimates, yada yada your costs may be higher/lower. Also, my math could be wrong somewhere lol

# of Aegean Resorts you receive. Each white box is one full resort. Does not include league rewards.
1688495809193.png

Calculations for # of boards/diamonds needed, assuming 7000 progress needed.
1688496083290.png

Calculations for # of boards/diamonds needed, assuming 7000 progress needed, playing after reset on last day, and opening the most expensive double progress boxes daily. (note - too lazy to grab new screenshot, but it assumes only 21 of the most expensive double progress bags, so you'd get an extra 50 progress - resulting in 1 less 6-board day).
1688496591755.png

Oh, and if you game the system with the beta reset bug, you could do 2x 3 boards daily, which would be much cheaper than 1x 6 boards. Probably not supposed to say that, but... too bad :p

[EDIT] Ok I swear last thing... it's not really worth spending past this. If you're in the gold league already, you've got the FBT locked down, so no reason to go further like the Anniversary Event to get more Key Masters unless you want more Resorts NOW. Also, around the 6-board costs, it could end up being cheaper to just clear the board. But I don't feel like figuring those calculations out.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
yeah - differentiating full and filling may be a bit confusing now but way better than before

I still wish that differentiating the locked pieces would be better in selected mode, when everything is blinking... would be nice when the locked pieces would blink more strongly or a different color maybe as the glow makes the net barely visible