• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

I spent 200 of my bonus doubloons to make 20 throws. Not a single calendar key in sight.

Also, my 20 throws resulted in getting 15 x 1 coins and 5 x 2 coins. Not a single result for 3 coins. Something badly wrong with the balance of distribution here!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I spent 200 of my bonus doubloons to make 20 throws. Not a single calendar key in sight.

Also, my 20 throws resulted in getting 15 x 1 coins and 5 x 2 coins. Not a single result for 3 coins. Something badly wrong with the balance of distribution here!
3 coins has been removed. however 15 1s and 5 2s is not what one would hope for.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Beta's a volatile/unstable environment that's focused more on testing than normal gameplay.
The beta is only used to announce bugs and imbalances during events. The rest is not the same.
The stacking of troops announced and canceled today is proof of this. The beta community has reported comments. Have you seen a modification or a return from innogames explaining to us that our requests cannot be implemented for a good reason?

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
Does it really matter when or how something gets adjusted on the beta server? The important thing is that adjustments happen if and when necessary before hitting the live servers. Folks often complain about balancing issues in beta, because they forget that they're playing on beta. Not everything's going to be well-balanced right out of the gate. Beta's a volatile/unstable environment that's focused more on testing than normal gameplay.

I just don't think it's a good look to complain about imbalances, and then also complain when those imbalances are adjusted just because they either had to happen in the first place or because it took 'too long'. The only changes that take 'too long' are the ones that happen after an update makes it to live. Any time before that point is fair game.
I respect your post but this is a copy and paste of an event that has been used for years. They have been doing this for a long time and still can't roll out an event in beta that has good bones? I will complain as I see fit because that's fitting. 11 years and we still have the same issues if not more. Growth is the key. Beta or not its just lazy.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Not liking this Wintmer event. The rebalance is sad. Yeah, gave more tokens...but why alter anything on the other side to keep RNG as the primary reason for why someone may or may not get a fully upgraded building? What was wrong with the spin the wheel silliness? Why do we need another calendar that is diamonds only? Just weird.

It's good to see the evaluations from our leading back-of-napkin scrawlers (you guys are resident experts!) and it's conclusive - not going to get a fully upgraded building (meaning with a golden upgrade) unless you spend $$ or diamonds and the calendar is impossible without diamond spending. Meh.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
We have to put a real value (inno based value) on the Skull Cave. Think about this. When the daily specials pop up (non event related)..... the special offers, they sometimes charge 3000 diamonds for an upgrade. That's basically 30k diamonds for 1 building depending on how many levels it takes to max it out. My guess is they value this building like a level 10 2x2. What they should have done was make the building start with pretty good stats like the key master and have the upgrades in the calendar instead of weak rewards like 10 fp and self aid kits. This way even if you don't finish, you still get a Cave of some sort with ok stats.

mcbluefire

Baronet
i believe the purpose of Beta is to work out any problems before going to live servers. Correct me if I am wrong. A big adjustment was made to the event, let's be happy.

We should be happy about a poorly executed "rebalance"? Thanks, I'll keep my own consult about when to be happy regarding events where the main building cannot be fully upgraded without spending $$ or diamonds galore and the calendar is nothing but a reward for folks who decide to spend the diamonds to get the fully upgraded or an additional building. Since it looks like it would be likely 30K or more diamonds to get a second building that means the devs have gone insane.

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
We should be happy about a poorly executed "rebalance"? Thanks, I'll keep my own consult about when to be happy regarding events where the main building cannot be fully upgraded without spending $$ or diamonds galore and the calendar is nothing but a reward for folks who decide to spend the diamonds to get the fully upgraded or an additional building. Since it looks like it would be likely 30K or more diamonds to get a second building that means the devs have gone insane.
Except...after the rebalance, it's looking to be pretty much guaranteed that you'll get your upgraded building by the end. I'm curious what it would take to satisfy someone like you.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Except...after the rebalance, it's looking to be pretty much guaranteed that you'll get your upgraded building by the end. I'm curious what it would take to satisfy someone like you.
Are you saying fully upgraded doesn't include a golden upgrade? Did they suddenly reduce it to 90 fragments needed? Last I checked it was 150 fragments needed. Not seeing anyone saying you can progress to 440 in any of these calculations.

It didn't seem too far off with my back of the envelope math.

330 login + 670 quests + 100 milestones = ~1100 doubloons.

13 stars refunded out of 16 treasures = .08125
.08125+0.08125^2+0.08125^3+... = 0.0884
So about 9.116 doubloons per treasure.

The show-2 and double could improve that a little.

1100/9.116 = ~120 presents = ~240 grand prize progress.
You need 280 for the building, so short 40 progress = 20 presents = ~182 doubloons.

Some slight tweaks to the currency given should fix that (and they did say more changes were coming). Say add 5 per to the daily quests (=+160), and increase the 2nd milestone to 100 (=+50).

New doubloon total: 25*33+30*32+10*35 + 50*2 = 2235 doubloons
Openable chests (@9.2 doubloons each): ~243
Grand Prize Progress: 243*1.5 = 365. Looks comfortable.

Calendar might be a bit of a nightmare now though. That Skull Rock just got a lot more expensive! (always took diamonds; but now you probably need to spend somewhere closer to 200 doubloons a day on average to find the key)

Some analysis/back of the napkin math:
You get 2155 doubloons now:
  • 110 from milestones/start
  • 340 from main quests
  • 33 * 25 = 825 from daily free currency
  • 33 * 30 = 990 from daily quests
  • Total: 2265 doubloons
This means you get ~226 tiles to flip (assuming 10 doubloons/tile, it's actually less due to doubloons from shuffle and reveal). To get to 280 progress (a level 9 Trading Post) would mean you'd only have to average 1.24 progress/tile, which should be more than do-able, even with the nerf to only 1-2 progress from the coins. With an even 1.5 progress/tile (which is unlikely), that's 339 progress, which would get you close to winning 2 sets of fragments from the grand prizes, but I'm guessing the actual value for progress/tile is more like 1.3 (293 progress) or 1.4 (316 progress).

Folks who play the event completely should all but be guaranteed (99.95%) they will get one FULLY upgrade building, I don't care if they call it a golden upgrade or the ultimate upgrade, or the diamond upgrade - all levels that are available in that event during that event or at least a mechanism to get it a bit after the event (which is an idea I don't like, but fits with the pay to get it done sooner concept).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Are you saying fully upgraded doesn't include a golden upgrade? Did they suddenly reduce it to 90 fragments needed? Last I checked it was 150 fragments needed. Not seeing anyone saying you can progress to 440 in any of these calculations.

Folks who play the event completely should all but be guaranteed (99.95%) they will get one FULLY upgrade building, I don't care if they call it a golden upgrade or the ultimate upgrade, or the diamond upgrade - all levels that are available in that event during that event or at least a mechanism to get it a bit after the event (which is an idea I don't like, but fits with the pay to get it done sooner concept).
The golden upgrade just takes time to finish (the last non-golden level produces the fragment - like it did in st patrick's event)

ghengis ron

Farmer

I've been doing the summer event & spending dimes liberally since it is easy to accumulate dimes in Beta. I've been busy trying to get all of the calendar keys in order to get the prize for a completed event. Imagine my shock & dismay when I was fortunate enough to get a "show two" which illuminated the "shuffle" selection & then clicked every single spot on the event only to find that THERE WAS NO CALENDAR KEY!

This makes the event look like a scam in order to get people to spend dimes.

CrashBoom

Legend
the new key balancing combined with the shuffle really sux

not on every board
and 2 times the shuffle first when the key was an the board
and on the next board no key. so had to do even more boards

after 4 times daily special, 4 grand prize steps and about 500 doubloons spend: there was my 1 calendar key for today

MY SUGGESTION
if the shuffle is found before the key at least guarantuee that on the next board(s) there is also a key

doing 2 boards without key, on the key board not getting the key and then 2 more non-key boards just sux

because mathematically if the key is on every 3rd board then a player must do 4.5 boards per key because about 50% the shuffle is before the key o_O

После обновления(увелечения) количество дублонов с 10 до 25 за суточные и с 10 до 30 за ежедневные,появились баги у многих с календарским ключём