• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Cleitomachus

Marquis
I guess it simply is a matter of urgency - the longer the event goes on with the original budding stats the more players might invest money and then be thoroughly disappointed when the nerf hits. I regards to GE nothing much is happening until the next week..
Yes, because they want to see what the result of participating in practice will be.

The costs simply appear to be unsustainable. Sooner, rather than later, I'll run out of boosts and will be limited to only a very few fights. Facing the expenditure of 1000s and 1000s of goods EVERY WEEK, the game would quickly descend into the realm of "not fun".

Add to that the fact that negotiation is one of the least enjoyable parts of Foe for me, I don't see myself bending over backwards to do more negotiations. I'll just watch from the sidelines if I pay it any attention at all. Good luck to the rest of you.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
I did a complete test round of GE. I did fight maybe the first 2 encounters on level 5, but then I had to turn to negotiating instead.
The enemy defending army bonuses are impossible high, no way anybody could ever get a defense bonus high enough to beat 2569%/2569% in SAJM (even in lower ages the enemy army bonuses gets ridiculously impossible high).

I didn't count the amount of goods I used for negotiations, but at least 10 000 goods each round as other players has calculated is definietely too much. A well developed end game city can possibly sustain that, but not the overall majority of players. In combination with 10 options to choose from makes it almost impossible in the long run. Here on Beta I used at least 1 extra turn each round paying with diamonds because I have a pile of them for testing purposes (something I will not do on live, because I have better uses for my few hard earned diamonds over there).

The fortifications are underwhelming, especially for negotiations. Zacatzontli Statue for reducing the number of goods is definietly not worth the goods cost. Only the other one Tiacotzonti Statue could be worth it. Also doesn't feel fair that fighters have the possibility to build two fortifications without paying diamonds for swapping on the big encounters, but negotiators only 1. In reality 0 options 75% of the time, because as I said Zacatzontli Statue isn't worth it. The same can be said about the small encounters where fighters have 2 buildings to choose from, but negotiators only 1 (or often 0 in practice).

For anyone interested the pattern for the free fortifications did go like this:
Encounter 1: Eagle Warrior Temple Jaguar Warrior Temple Tiacotzonti Statue
Encounter 2: Eagle Warrior Temple Jaguar Warrior Temple Zacatzontli Statue
Encounter 3: Eagle Warrior Temple Jaguar Warrior Temple Zacatzontli Statue
Encounter 4: Great Warrior Temple Temple of Infiltration Zacatzontli Statue
REPEAT

In conclusion if some drastic changes isn't made I will not bother completing level 5 on live. It's way too hard.

Last edited:

Una Queen

Squire
I wonder how many fragments itll take to assemble fountain of youths for my diamond farms. hopefully it doesnt take a month to assemble them. thatd kill me but I usually only win 1 a month (excluding my tor) anyway.

cengel

Farmer
This really needs some additional balancing. I get trying to make town defense more than an afterthought, but the cost for this is astronomical, and none but the very top players will be able to do anything but negotiate. That being said, those that negotiate, will only do GE5 one time. The cost vs reward balance is too high to make it worthwhile. Once through as a curiosity satisfier, yes, weekly, NO. The cost vs reward is not balanced for any but the top 1% players. I loved the graphics, but would not do this level again based on what I have stated. Suggestions to that end.
1. Lower the town defense standards A LOT, at least initially.
2. Post more town defense event buildings moving forward
3. After each new event with a new town defense building, raise the def difficulty in GE5. If players chose not to take advantage of new town defense buildings in each event, they at least had knowledge of the cost. As it is now, this is a MAJOR blindside.

Una Queen

Squire
This is wrong FOY doesn't have fragments
sorry but you are wrong. go read the announcement again

it says the following:

In the upcoming update, we're utilizing our Selection Kits mechanic, to make sure you can build one of the many reward buildings we offer as long as you play the Guild Expedition. Instead of encounters providing a chance to win a certain reward building, the game will now provide you with Fragments that you can use to assemble the building you want.

GEX5%20logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Tuesday, March 14th, the first Guild Expedition including level 5 will begin!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one or two short sentences like "What was the name of the Temple again? I forgot." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
In my opinion, the buildings available to assist with encounters are too weak, and too cheap. The battles are overly difficult and negotiations overly expensive. If the available buildings to assist had a significant increase in assisting, more players would have a chance to complete and compete in the new level while retaining the encounter difficulty. I would assume a more powerful building should come at a higher cost.

Kronan

Viceroy
As I recall, Inno didn't listen then, either. Even to the point of saying, in essence, "It doesn't matter what you guys think about it; it's going Live anyway."

And people flocked to it regardless of its warts - and then many left after the novelty wore off. Not sure where it is today, because I didn't enjoy the experience after spending millions of medals and it was removed from my game fun universe (and lexicon).

Yet some swear it's the best thing since sliced bread, they love it and get fired up to play it every day - early and often. Go figure.

Inno is always going to know a lot more about player habits than we can. They constantly mine the universe that come in here every day - and theoretically, we sense the broad strokes of likes and dislikes, but they have it mined down to pure data science.

I don't know 1 person happy about the absolutely relentless building fragmentation issues. Makes ya wanna scream, doesn't it?

GE is now a new fertile ground for them to invade with fragments - and they will.

I personally can't wait for my daily dose of tribal square fragments! eek!! :):)

It's kinda their Hail-Mary pass to slow people down - and it will continue to pervade ever crack and crevice of this game until we get tired of it and leave.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
As I recall, Inno didn't listen then, either. Even to the point of saying, in essence, "It doesn't matter what you guys think about it; it's going Live anyway."
I think you forgot the whole bringing it to en, removing it, adding some stuff based on feedback and reintroducing it.
I do agree the PvP Arena could be better, but as it stands today, it is a nice feature for early-mid game players.

But we get into offtopic here.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Because of disliking nerfs from Dev's, scared to share any good things felt about the feature.

Fortification walls are one time construction in the encounter, if some one placed first day itself on any encounter on GE5, until the expedition time finishes it lays there if player doesn't modify or remove it and can try maximum attempt to get succeed on that encounter. No timer for fortification wall is a good one. This is the only thing I can share as a positive feedback for GE5.