• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Have the enemy bonuses already been changed? A player who started GEx 5 late had 99% as enemy bonus in industrial age at the first encounter. 136% at the fifth.
That's consistent with early reports in lower ages. One of the ages wiki had very early was colonial. which was 83% at first encounter, and 117% at 5th.

Things start to accelerate after the first 8 encounters and reach 1021% by the last encounter in iron, 1277% by the last encounter in colonial.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Considering the extreme costs of GE5, I repeat my proposition from before, that GE should give Guild prestige for every Trophy of the last 10 Weeks or so.
Gold Trophy could give 1800, Silver 1500, Bronze 1000 Prestige. That way, 10 weeks gold trophy would be as valuable as 1000LP in GBG.

FMaxi

Merchant
just wondering:
all buildings we will get 25% per week (if level is done complete and no avatar is won instead of fragments)

so why different amount of needed fragments (200/120/100) :rolleyes:
Honestly, the whole fragment **** became very annoying. It was a novelty in the beginning, but now we got to the point that everything is fragmented. I have 3 pages of different fragments in my inventory and have to go through day by day to find out which is complete. In some cases it *could* make sense (eg. event buildings producing fragments of bonuses), but not this way.

buildozer

Farmer
I have to say, I was not expecting that from Inno. I thought that we will get another boring new level in GE.
But that change is amazing. it will bring a new energy in that game.
I don't think we have to be scared that it is hard / expensive to complete L5.
The new norm is not to finish GE at 133% but to be first. So no matter what, we just need to always add a little extra from all members who can, at L5 in order to finish 1st.
I have a low defense at the moment, but I certainly support that change.

Jubilee

Merchant
I certainly do not like having to build boosts each & every time. Can't we have something like the Tavern Boosts. You can do a few encounters with the one payment for a boost building?

I put down the Bear Mountain plus did a few levels of St Basil just enough to do a couple of Fighting encounters, otherwise I did negotiations. Well it is level 5, pretty hefty goods use. So far it all works OK. I am now at the end of my ability to keep going. I did I think around 7 encounters. Can't do any more.

No problem with the Defence Army usage. Had to do manual fighting but that's no problem. With the need for Defence & Attack GBs & Special Buildings can we get a few more extensions? Or the ability to win them somehow?

Emberguard

Emperor
why is 80.4% progress burning ?
View attachment 9170

burning was for over 100% because it was special to be in level 4

but after they decided level 4 is normal and not special anymore they reduced completing level 4 to 100%
so it shouldn't be burning below 100%

:rolleyes:

Is there any new animations for if everyone completes Lvl 4 and some people are into Lvl 5?

Hiep Lin

Viceroy

but after they decided level 4 is normal and not special anymore they reduced completing level 4 to 100%

80/64 is 4 out of 5 levels but:
levels 1 to 4 or levels 1 to 3 + 5?

Indeed, between 1 and 4 the difficulty increases, level 4 was created for a minority of players with big bonuses and should not be accessible to the majority. 100% was therefore at the end of level 3.

Level 5 is not an increase in difficulty in the continuation of levels 1 to 4, it is a totally different exercise.
Level 4 remains the most difficult in its particularities.

Level 5 is not necessarily more difficult: the rare peaceful players who have large defensive bonuses for the pleasure of blocking neighbors and few offensive bonuses because they fight very little are unable to access level 4 and will pass at least much of level 5.

The idea of not counting a level because only a minority of players manage to complete it didn't last long.
With the possibility of negotiating then the strategies of the guilds which have:
* helped players level up attack bonuses,
* provided resources for the less advanced to negotiate,
* fired the least active players,
133% players and guilds have become the habit.

I therefore see no valid reason for retaining this principle, which has never been useful. In any case, the negotiations will compensate for the too difficult fights.

Pass Go

Squire
level 5 .. meh.... too many goods wasted, got a puny amount of fragments, not planning on doing level 5 very much if this is the way it will be. I will wait and see what the "balancing" does when that is released.
hey, here's an idea .. how about giving us fragments of fragments ? <sarcasm alert> might as well make the game even less fun.

Kono

Merchant
I am worried with the direction Inno is taking with city defense. I feel like they are trying to correct the mistake of neglecting city defense which was made years ago. And I do agree that it is a mistake. It should be a part of a city setup, if we are making cities inspired by real world situations.

But this is not the way to correct a mistake. Basically going from 0 to 2000% in a day is a bit of an overkill. Implementing GE5 with this level of city defense required, where it is not only challenging but for 99.9% of players literally impossible to play, is equivalent to asking these players to throw away everything they've been building for years. If Inno is interested to frustrate and lose a lot of their users they are on the right track.

To try to be constructive, here are a few suggestions:
- increase city size by adding another 50 expansions to allow us to add new sections of our cities dedicated to city defense. These expansions could be won on GE level 5 as rewards?
- correct mistake of the last few years where only attack boost was given to the event buildings and add special upgrade kits for those event buildings which add equivalent amount of city defense to the attack they provide. These special upgrade kits could also be provided as GE5 rewards. Or organize a special event dedicated to city defense where all daily specials would be city defense items only.
- do the same with dedicated attack buildings which fill our cities at the moment (such as Winners Plaza, Botanical Rotunda, Checkmate Square, etc) and add upgrade kits so that they provide city defense equivalent.
- increase the number of existing defense buildings (such as Watchfire, Tactician's Tower, etc) in the Antiques Dealer
- remove road requirement for Tree of Patience (which tree requires a road, anyway...)
- tweak ToR to give only defensive buildings as rewards in GE5
Or whatever else, just to make this correction more gradual, interesting and fun to play.

-Alin-

Emperor
View attachment 9170

Yeah, it seems they just changed the numbers but didn't change the previous fire animation to go past 100% :))

Dessire

Regent
It's funny !
After 4 days and 23 pages, no reaction from inno on the GE 5.
On the other hand, for the wildlife event, after 2 days and 9 pages, we already have a first modification.
They love ruin events and laugh at us by making other features difficult for us.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
@Dessire : I hope you have understood the meaning of my intervention.
I find it normal that Inno nerfed the wildlife building, I just find it hilarious that it was faster for a nerf than an upgrade.
I guess it simply is a matter of urgency - the longer the event goes on with the original building stats the more players might invest money and then be thoroughly disappointed when the nerf hits. In regards to GE nothing much is happening until the next week..

Last edited: