• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

kama

Farmer
I have to say, earlier I said that it was too easy to get prizes before, and it is too hard now. After continuing to play the mini game, I have determined that if it goes to the live servers as is, I will not play it at all. It seems as if they have revised the algorithms so that is MUCH harder to get the pieces that are needed to clear the board...not truly random, but slanted against what is needed. As is, it is definitely not worth spending any diamonds on..

I guess the good side of this is, it will save me money! LOL

nice2haveu

Baronet
Energy and keys are empty two days before and waiting for each day time reset for event daily free energy prize. Daily able to do only 25 free spawn on two boards(max) and waiting to open the gold chest for third day since wind and water keys needed more. Today, again 250 energy, but not used still. I am realising something wrong in the approach of playing.

Can someone guide me, what are the best merging strategy and board logic to handle with the given nerf changes. Please give step by step information since I will read and understand slowly.
Cannot determine anything best with the given nerf. Because, need to play the event from day 1 with the given nerf to give you solid answer. Now it is half cooked meat, not possible to distinguish anything easily with proper facts. Without facts, I can give you free advice, which is like don't trust free spawner very much and till rush quests available use the energy until opening gold chest or max energy chest daily and don't spend anymore on that day. Keep this behaviour on the board and concentrate on event quests till rush getting over. After rush quests, use the same approach till the last 4 or 5 days of the event. Then on the last four days of the event, unleash your energy on the board if any daily prize satisfy you to open any of the chests. That's all and remember this is my free advice without any facts and there may be lot of hurdles to follow this, it's upto you.

If I was @Juber, I might have told you to look on "Tips and tricks" shared in the announcement and play the game with your own strategy.

Also in tips and tricks, cleverly answered for lot of problems or expectation in the game. Like, free gem spawn cannot come with key parts, will lose gems with keys if they do manual reset without clearing board, after clearing board doing reset and board has 3 key gem will give one key only and mainly mentioned to stop attempting to clear board. There are few more hints, but the given nerf already does the heavy damage. But they are keeping silent. Just one more week, will move on for other things.

Gedrog

Squire
I have to say, earlier I said that it was too easy to get prizes before, and it is too hard now. After continuing to play the mini game, I have determined that if it goes to the live servers as is, I will not play it at all. It seems as if they have revised the algorithms so that is MUCH harder to get the pieces that are needed to clear the board...not truly random, but slanted against what is needed. As is, it is definitely not worth spending any diamonds on..

I guess the good side of this is, it will save me money! LOL
Did you also notice you still just get 3 keys for a full level 4 key but they no charge up too 9 keys in the secondary mini game

Astrid

Baronet
The reward appears behind the energy and league boxes... Also, I previously cleared a board but I didn't receive the reward.

Screenshot_28.png

-Alin-

Emperor
Did you also notice you still just get 3 keys for a full level 4 key but they no charge up too 9 keys in the secondary mini game
That is intended, they tripled the ammount of keys needed to open a chest, 3 times less dailies and chests.

It seems I am getting only half the normal amount of incidents, and getting energy from them is even rarer. I like the play of the event, it's fun, but I don't see how I can possibly get the event building without buying diamonds

zookeepers

Marquis
It is announced that you get more chance getting red keys.
You can choose to use more reds by chest selections.
Although, I think there should be a choice to reset the chests (costing 1 key of your choice maybe)
without opening any of the listed instead.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
While I personally don't like the odd balancing of the colors, it's something I can live with and play around. However, I do think it needs to be made clear in the game there's an imbalance, otherwise people will just complain about their "back luck". Balancing keys is quite possible and up to the player, we know what we have most of when we open chests. It still doesn't feel good, but I think some openness around that would help a lot.

Considering we already know them, I think a table in-game with spawn chances of the different gem colors/levels would be nice.

Kronan

Viceroy
@MooingCat
While I normally would agree with you, most here are doing everything possible to balance the seeming, imbalance.

1) I'm not a fan of using the DC everyday to better my event odds (because it's repetitive for multiple weeks to ONLY pick keys), but my key wins from this are ALSO predominately FIRE. But hey, I"m trying to get some variety, but it's not being successful. Maybe change the DC to 9 GREEN or 9 BLUE, or 5GREEN/4BLUE package. SO 3 choice, and NO FIRE.​
2) The generation FROM BOTH the "10 energy" gem spawn button, AND new board creation events are also creating part of the "TOO MUCH FIRE" problem.​

People in LIVE are all going to have this same perception and reality we've got and we've posted here - unless it's changed. Look at the posts here with picture of these severe imbalances. We've heard it from day 1.

The math of 48 samples is comfortingly balanced ONLY to quants. I'm not seeing it play out in the population here in beta, OR my own game (right now).

It's abundantly clear to me that I can't change that with math or enough strategy to make a difference. He'nce, it's demoralzing.

I maintain that the minute this becomes DEMORALIZING to LIVE players, they are NOT going to trudge through the complexity this event represents to continue on. Or listen to excuses. This must be tuned NOW, or adoption will suffer.

For live users, it's easier to stop after a few days of tractionless progress, and complain privately, and then - go public - gathering support that once again - players are being screwed.

Right or wrong - it will be a gathering avalanche of negative opinion, and it doesn't have to be if this is FIXED before live.

I'd even suggest they DOUBLE beta test it (clean the slate, and start us again...) with more "friendly" event math.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Instead of this balancing, if they keep buying 60 energy option with 2500 diamonds (like wise other buying option increasing), I could have felt happy. Now, Cannot feel the celebration mood, not even single bit. But before current balancing, it was a treat and celebration feel is filled completely in the event.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Here's an example of me balancing 26.3% green, 44.6% red, 29.1% blue (130/221/144) keys. I quickly checked where I'd be blocked with the 3x keys, and it would be at the 4:25 mark with 7 green, 11 red and 3 blue keys, however I'd probably make a few different choices with the 3x. That said, I do think it's more difficult to balance now, and you'll most likely be stuck with some more keys that before regardless of how well you try to balance, but I don't think it's too difficult to do if you actually try.

mcbluefire

Baronet
45-50k for 6000 and a bit, roughly 80-90k diamonds(depending on how good You play the minigame and how often You clear boards) for someone that want 8k progress with the event on the actual state.

Where is the dislike button? I like that you took the time to figure that out, absolutely cannot stand that FOE thinks it makes sense.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Given the massive change they made, a second beta would be a good idea. But I don't know if their schedule will allow for it. Probably should have been done at the time they changed it.

All Free Now

Marquis
Cannot determine anything best with the given nerf. Because, need to play the event from day 1 with the given nerf to give you solid answer. Now it is half cooked meat, not possible to distinguish anything easily with proper facts. Without facts, I can give you free advice, which is like don't trust free spawner very much and till rush quests available use the energy until opening gold chest or max energy chest daily and don't spend anymore on that day. Keep this behaviour on the board and concentrate on event quests till rush getting over. After rush quests, use the same approach till the last 4 or 5 days of the event. Then on the last four days of the event, unleash your energy on the board if any daily prize satisfy you to open any of the chests. That's all and remember this is my free advice without any facts and there may be lot of hurdles to follow this, it's upto you.

If I was @Juber, I might have told you to look on "Tips and tricks" shared in the announcement and play the game with your own strategy.

Also in tips and tricks, cleverly answered for lot of problems or expectation in the game. Like, free gem spawn cannot come with key parts, will lose gems with keys if they do manual reset without clearing board, after clearing board doing reset and board has 3 key gem will give one key only and mainly mentioned to stop attempting to clear board. There are few more hints, but the given nerf already does the heavy damage. But they are keeping silent. Just one more week, will move on for other things.
One thing is very clear, have achieved final max building with golden upgrade before this strict balancing in beta. Cannot achieve the same in live server for sure, because struggling for more than 4 days to finish 250 atom push for grand prize. Approximately, lost around 1000 energy glass to make one level up in grand prize progress. I hate to see my car key also now.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Here's an example of me balancing 26.3% green, 44.6% red, 29.1% blue (130/221/144) keys. I quickly checked where I'd be blocked with the 3x keys, and it would be at the 4:25 mark with 7 green, 11 red and 3 blue keys, however I'd probably make a few different choices with the 3x. That said, I do think it's more difficult to balance now, and you'll most likely be stuck with some more keys that before regardless of how well you try to balance, but I don't think it's too difficult to do if you actually try.

Why would you limit your main prize progress by ignoring red gems on the board? How do you do anything when spawn after spawn is red, red, red, green, red, green, red, red, green, red, blue level 4 and you need a level 1-3 blue?

How do you balance spending red keys when chest set after chest set is green only; green & blue; red, green , and blue? When the only chest you should be going after is the gold why would you then want to focus on red; red w/ blue; or red w/ green lower level chests? That's purposely shooting youself in the foot twice!

It is imbalanced for literally no reason other than to waste red keys.

This is how I left the event after picking up my fully upgrade building just before they nerfed the event:

Screenshot from 2023-03-04 13-41-42.png

Typically in games of chance the developers only make a small percentage of a collection "rare". In this case they purposely made 2/3 of the collection rare. Just why?

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Why would you limit your main prize progress by ignoring red gems on the board? How do you do anything when spawn after spawn is red, red, red, green, red, green, red, red, green, red, blue level 4 and you need a level 1-3 blue?

How do you balance spending red keys when chest set after chest set is green only; green & blue; red, green , and blue? When the only chest you should be going after is the gold why would you then want to focus on red; red w/ blue; or red w/ green lower level chests? That's purposely shooting youself in the foot twice!

It is imbalanced for literally no reason other than to waste red keys.
I didn't ignore any red gems on the board, I did the best with what I was given, resulting in around 45% red keys. I then chose chests based on which key colors I had, focusing on the chests that required more red.

I don't like it either, but it's possible to deal with.