• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I am having a serious unbalance in the key colors: about half my keys are red, the others are about 25% each - just bad luck or is there a system to the madness?
I think it's just RNG. I had a serious shortage of wind for a while. Now (after spending what I could early, and then making more keys since) it's water I'm shortest on and wind I have the most of. In general it seems the best way to deal with it is to accumulate a lot before you start spending to give you the best chance to correct for it.

My current keys are 34 wind, 24 fire, 17 water.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Based on first day of testing, it seems to me the best strategy is to play 2-3 boards per day, spending 500-600 energy per day, 200-250 energy per board. Ignore the completion reward, with those 200-250 energy focus on merging as much as possible for as much power and as many keys as possible. You'll probably have some locked gems left, but not worth spending more energy on IMO. 500 per day is 10500 energy, 600 is 12600. You'll get around 10500 for free, so with incidents you might be able to get up to 12-13k (I got a 500 energy incident today).

1676501890295.png

On another note, I find the use of "Energies" quite awkward. To me that implies multiple types of energy, not multiples of "energy". I think just a simple "Energy" is better. Each gem costs "10 Energy", you get "90 Energy" per quest, etc :)

Last edited:

Jubilee

Merchant
EXACTLY! This shouldn't be stressful, Inno. It's not a MENSA test either. The more people can ease into it and learn it with NO REAL accountability until they're ready to go, the more FUN they'll have when they DO play it - and the more MONEY you'll make from all the participants.

There is nothing wrong with new event mechanisms - but let people warm to it - NOT FREAK OUT that they'll fail with any wrong turn. They WILL NOT BOTHER to play it under those conditions.
Good observation Xiphos
--
The board gives you a whole lot of half pieces of Keys. I am retired but I have both University Maths with years of programming & having done many years of problem solving I am not happy with the way these games have been created. Yes you can just CLICK but the object is to CLEAR the Board so that means you really need to take your time & record ALL the pieces you have, how many first Key parts & at what level they are one, two or three, then as you make new pieces you have to really work out where best to place it in order to be able to match the key bits available to remove all of them evenly. Do these half pieces all have a second half? I would hope so but then there is the LUCK of the Draw, does the Spawner give you the right combos to add the the ones you have to build them up to match their other halves????
--
Then there is the opening your Chests. You can't just use ALL the keys whatever way you like. I have keys waiting to open Chests but I cannot. The instructions for this do not tell you if you are using your Currency (energy vials or whatever they are) to buy the opening of a Chest. Not clear.
So you are made to purchase all the pieces & then when you have finally put together a Key you still have to Pay to Open their Gift chests. And the first Chest you open in a 24 hour cycle (I'm on the other side of the world so that doesn't happen at the start of my day), has a supposed bonus or whatever that sets the tone for the rest of my prizes. This means you get NO choice of prizes. The game forces you to take what they are giving. Not really fun, being able to select from several options is what makes the game enjoyable but that is taken away by how they control your chest opening.
--
In the end just click it & hope for the best. This is not a game of any kind of skill yet it is complex & not rewarding. Once upon a time games were made to give you the ability to exercise your mind & work things out. This is click & see, no guarantee.

--
Yeah too hard to keep track of what you merged to have even parts to clear everything off the board for the prize, when do you cut your losses & reset? Once a day? Meanwhile I see the atom thing is not the energy vials used as Currency for more Gems or whatever they are for merging. They come from picking up full keys. Another complexity, how do I get a lot of Atoms to give me the ability to open chests. I have atoms & full key in blue & orange but the chests are not able to be opened, is that because I used a green key? Not sure. There are not prompts or explanations. If you highlight the Atom it does not give a name for it & the Cheat Sheet is not helpful, no info on the conditions that need to be met to open Chests. You obviously need more than just a key? Can you fix this lack of help info.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Based on first day of testing, it seems to me the best strategy is to play 2-3 boards per day, spending 500-600 energy per day, 200-250 energy per board. Ignore the completion reward, with those 200-250 energy focus on merging as much as possible for as much power and as many keys as possible. You'll probably have some locked gems left, but not worth spending more energy on IMO. 500 per day is 10500 energy, 600 is 12600. You'll get around 10500 for free, so with incidents you might be able to get up to 12-13k (I got a 500 energy incident today).
One thing definitely noticed is you do have to plan your pace of energy spending for ideal results no matter what.

I did go as far as paying 80 for a reset (non-clear reset #5), and it did continue doubling to 160 for the next reset. So if you're planning to break out the diamonds for extra currency, you need to make the decision early about how you're going to spread out the extra too. If you're going beyond 5 resets in a day I think it probably makes sense to go for full-clears some of the time - because 160 I think usually would get you from the point where you have a few gems left to the free reset.

It seems like we get a *lot* of grand prize progress, but that the amount of specials that can be won are reasonable - so I wonder if they'll rescale the grand prize milestones. Or just cut back on the energy provided hurting both.

Beta567

Baronet
This event highlights one reason for playing on Beta - to learn how the new events and other new stuff works. So on the live servers I won't waste resources.
Yes... but how many players do this? Better tutorial should be made for the live servers not for beta server and people doesn't have to go to beta to check on everything. I think most of the players from live servers just play there.

Jubilee

Merchant
OK what is happening with my GREEN keys none have turned up on the righthand side near the chests. I am still trying to work out how many keys open those chests. So frustrating I am creating many keys but how many make it across ??? what is going on it is hard to keep track. I am looking at the main panel when I am clicking on the Button to remove the key by the time I look across to the right it has already done it's thing. I need to start doing a before & after screen shots. Ridiculous.

GateKeeper

Baronet

On another note, I find the use of "Energies" quite awkward. To me that implies multiple types of energy, not multiples of "energy". I think just a simple "Energy" is better. Each gem costs "10 Energy", you get "90 Energy" per quest, etc :)
well this event is interesting so far. there wil be lots on pages on this thread ;)

whats the early opinion on which chest to open?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
well this event is interesting so far. there wil be lots on pages on this thread ;)

whats the early opinion on which chest to open?
The more expensive the better on both specials and grand prize progress. But you should bear in mind which keys you're short on to some degree.
Total Keys​
Total Progress​
Daily Chance​
Keys / GP​
Keys / Special​
6​
13​
10.00%​
115.38​
60.0​
5​
9​
8.00%​
138.89​
62.5​
4​
6​
6.00%​
166.67​
66.7​
3​
4​
4.00%​
187.50​
75.0​
2​
2​
2.00%​
250.00​
100.0​
1​
1​
1.00%​
250.00​
100.0​

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
The more expensive the better on both specials and grand prize progress. But you should bear in mind which keys you're short on to some degree.
Total Keys​
Total Progress​
Daily Chance​
Keys / GP​
Keys / Special​
6​
13​
10.00%​
115.38​
60.0​
5​
9​
6.00%​
138.89​
83.3​
4​
6​
6.00%​
166.67​
66.7​
3​
4​
4.00%​
187.50​
75.0​
2​
2​
2.00%​
250.00​
100.0​
1​
1​
1.00%​
250.00​
100.0​
yea I just get smacked in the nards... only Greens left on the board.... 5 spawners later I realized I should have paid to reset the board

GateKeeper

Baronet
yea I don't see ever completing the board would be a good situation the amount of energy you could waste could be infinite actually.
I spent 70 energy to get this point....chalking that up to extreme luck I suppose....
1676513167611.png
but it would be crazy to go for that last piece, i probably screwed up one step along the way where I could have double up combining the same key part.

@Juber the board completion rewards are pretty weak vs the amount of Energy it would take complete it. I would change the rewards to Keys, maybe the Daily selection too... something like 5 keys 10%, 8 keys 25%, 12 keys 40%, Daily 25% ...something that would entice us to go for the board completion.
1676513367442.png

Other than that board completion silliness, this is a fun event so far.

Korazzo

Farmer
Seems I am too stupid for this. I looked at some sources to understand what to do but I still dont get it. Does anybody a simple step-by-step description what to do with this mini game? And also what you should achieve?

GateKeeper

Baronet
Seems I am too stupid for this. I looked at some sources to understand what to do but I still dont get it. Does anybody a simple step-by-step description what to do with this mini game? And also what you should achieve?
mmm the in-game instructions are pretty good.... but ill take a crack at it...
  1. Click Spawner button
  2. click newly spawned gem
  3. matching gems will highlight a shade of purple
  4. choose the matching gem you just combined
  5. select that new gem, see step 3
  6. do this until you get your gem to a 3 key mega gem
  7. click 3key gem and drop into Converter to collect those keys.
  8. look at the 3 key chest to the right, for the most part buy the most expensive chest.
  9. RINSE and REPEAT
  10. do not try to complete the board.
  11. Mooingcat made a good suggestion to only refresh the board 3 times a day (i think he said 3, he might have said 2 times)
so thats the basic rundown. you need to pay attn to the two key parts as well, to make them a combined key, that's around step 3 and 4.

if i missed something the smarter players will be along shortly to correct me ;)

Last edited:

Jubilee

Merchant
OK what is happening with my GREEN keys none have turned up on the righthand side near the chests. I am still trying to work out how many keys open those chests. So frustrating I am creating many keys but how many make it across ??? what is going on it is hard to keep track. I am looking at the main panel when I am clicking on the Button to remove the key by the time I look across to the right it has already done it's thing. I need to start doing a before & after screen shots. Ridiculous.
So I went back a few hours later. Only blue & orange keys. However the Boxes now have the Open Button lit up. I figure I can open them now. I did. After checking out my fps prize came through, went back to open another chest & well, well, what do I see but some green keys now appeared? If the Righthand side is lagging hours after I have played I think, well I haven't got those keys (not happy Gamer) or if I cannot open any chests (what's the point of wasting my energy vials). Frustrating! I hope with my Green keys appearing that means a bug was fixed. I expect that what I win on the mainboard shows up on the Righthand column as soon as I have won them. Hope that is all working now. OK off to play some more & will let you know if anything else is not working as it should.

This is the Second 24 hour cycle or 2nd day, played a few good rounds & reset the main board once. Opened a few chests & not gotten the Daily prize at all so far. Out of Energy Vials will have to play for some more. I got mainly fps as prizes (not unhappy there), & some troops/units. Hoping to win a Daily prize. Not enough Atoms or whatever they are to open a main event prize.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I got two times 100 fps but only 100 fps appeared on my screen up the top?
the highest is 75 FP

you got 2 times 50 FP
but is shown as 100 FP with x2 on it
so bad display but you got the correct amount

as you can see: I won 20 rogues (some could think it would be 20 rogues x2 = 40)
doubled.jpg

but I made screenshot of prizes before
prize.jpg

the normal amount of rogues is 10. so getting 20 and not 40 was correct

CrashBoom

Legend
@xivarmy
and everybody else who is making a guide

you should include:
open every day the doubled first chest
because the grand prize points are also doubled

26 instead of 13 advances (gold chest see picture above)
so a player opening all chests at one day would get 20 times doubled points less
13 points * 20 days = 260 points
that is one grand prize more

and ALWAYS double the chest with most keys
- it already has the best value on grand prize progress
- and (obviously) doubling 13 is better than doubling 1 when you have only one doubling per day

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
is it a bug or a way to screw people ?

when I finish the board it would collect 6 keys

6keys.jpg

but actually on the board there are 13 keys (lower right = full keys)
baard.jpg

after collecting the full keys the red fragments will give one red key when finishing the board
so claim and reset without collecting keys manuelly would destroy 8 red keys (getting 6 instead 13 collect + 1 additional)

that mechanism screws people if they don't collect keys before they end it

Last edited: