• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

the edited numbers are correct... 160Kx.351x10=561,600FP rounded to 560K losing 80% of your fights adjusted for the fact 66% does not exist gives 112K fights after nerf... no need for a third set of numbers. I do math you complain...

most may notice I caught the mistake and added an edit message.
Your math may be correct, but your formula is incorrect. Garbage in....garbage out. If you played more GBG you would have immediately caught your error.

On average, each encounter in Diamond League GBG is rewarded with 1.67 forge points. 160K encounters would result in 267,200 FPs, not 561,600.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I wrote many times: make a normal match and give the guilds a point to fight (an incentive to fight). That's it. No artificial nerf is needed. When there are 4-5 guilds on the map, each of which strives to occupy the highest place, attrition is guaranteed for you.
I strongly agreed. If there’s something valuable at stake for not ending #1, there will be significantly more motivation for guilds to fight specifically for #1 spot. I’m curious what according to you could be something top guilds consistently could desire to not match make with allied guilds.
I mean in another game only #1 of a real PvP arena was at the end of a season rewarded with the best thing of the game. A group of allied players worked together to match make to ensure each and everyone of them obtained it over time. I’m curious what could be desirable enough for top guilds to be motivated to reach #1 spot but also being motivated to not letting other guilds getting the #1 rewards any following season.
I personally think this will be a better solution then just the nerf. Which only makes 0 attrition impossible on the few provinces where you could’ve have 0 attrition.

Owl II

Emperor
I strongly agreed. If there’s something valuable at stake for not ending #1, there will be significantly more motivation for guilds to fight specifically for #1 spot. I’m curious what according to you could be something top guilds consistently could desire to not match make with allied guilds.
I mean in another game only #1 of a real PvP arena was at the end of a season rewarded with the best thing of the game. A group of allied players worked together to match make to ensure each and everyone of them obtained it over time. I’m curious what could be desirable enough for top guilds to be motivated to reach #1 spot but also being motivated to not letting other guilds getting the #1 rewards any following season.
I personally think this will be a better solution then just the nerf. Which only makes 0 attrition impossible on the few provinces where you could’ve have 0 attrition.
You won't believe it: ranking.;)
The only thing guilds fight for is ranking. But to do this, devs first need to make sense of the guild ranking as a whole. The only thing that has a significant impact on the guild's position in the ranking table is the gameplay which inno has been trying to kill for 5 years. GBG has caused significant harm to GvG. But even GBG is unable to kill GvG, because the guild rank depends ONLY on GvG.
The second thing that will remove the dissonance is the replacement of personal rewards for fights with rewards for each participant at the end of the season.

Last edited:
The only thing guilds fight for is ranking. But to do this, devs first need to make sense of the guild ranking as a whole. The only thing that has a significant impact on the guild's position in the ranking table is the gameplay which inno has been trying to kill for 5 years. GBG has caused significant harm to GvG. But even GBG is unable to kill GvG, because the guild rank depends ONLY on GvG.
The second thing that will remove the dissonance is the replacement of personal rewards for fights with rewards for each participant at the end of the season.
Sorry but your theory reminds me of a flamingo. It's an elegant, perhaps beautiful, creature that stands on two very spindly legs. Your guild might fight only for ranking, but I think this is an exception, not the rule. Top D1K guilds cannot go beyond 1000 and no guilds can go beyond L100. Given these two constraints, your theory cannot explain why top ranked guilds work so hard at GBG. If it was all about ranking, they would be coasting, not sprinting every season. You should consider that it's mostly about individual rewards, not ranking.

Yekk

Regent
Your math may be correct, but your formula is incorrect. Garbage in....garbage out. If you played more GBG you would have immediately caught your error.

On average, each encounter in Diamond League GBG is rewarded with 1.67 forge points. 160K encounters would result in 267,200 FPs, not 561,600.
I stand corrected. My numbers were incorrect. I misread fandom. Which has chance at 2.1% but lets use your numbers huh...

267K in live 53K after nerf...

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
you know that those 35.1% getting FP are for the case of getting any reward
and getting a reward is 50%

so 35.1% of 50% is actually 17.55%

that of 160k encounters would be 280k FP
I was wrong on % but the premise of FP is removed and that hurts the players still is valid. The 35% is of the whole by the way not of the 50% with 24% of the whole being a fragment. The 2 add to 50%. End is the economy is hurt by the nerf.

I'm sorry, but you didn't understand what was written there, again. Just ripped out of context, out of habit. I'm starting to think to master 2 replicas in a row is beyond your capabilities
How was my reply "ripped out of context"? You clearly stated that "the only thing guilds fight for is ranking" and this is fantasy. You keep building your suggestions upon this flimsy foundation (i.e. spindly legs in case you missed the metaphor).

Owl II

Emperor
How was my reply "ripped out of context"? You clearly stated that "the only thing guilds fight for is ranking" and this is fantasy. You keep building your suggestions upon this flimsy foundation (i.e. spindly legs in case you missed the metaphor).
Yeap. I understand. It is difficult. I'll try to simplify it.
D:- What, in your opinion, could serve as an incentive for guilds to fight for a place, but not but don't play contractual seasons with other guilds?
O:- Place in the ranking. But the guild rankings must be completely revised to make it work.

How did you stick your metaphor here?

Yeap. I understand. It is difficult. I'll try to simplify it.
D:- What, in your opinion, could serve as an incentive for guilds to fight for a place, but not but don't play contractual seasons with other guilds?
O:- Place in the ranking. But the guild rankings must be completely revised to make it work.

How did you stick your metaphor here?
I wouldn't use the metaphor in this revision because it didn't start out with the claim that "the only thing Guilds fight for is ranking".

Owl II

Emperor
I wouldn't use the metaphor in this revision because it didn't start out with the claim that "the only thing Guilds fight for is ranking".
The only thing the guilds are fighting for is the ranking! Everything else is not worth the rivalry. That's the only reason GVG is still alive. That's the only reason the farm is thriving in GBG

The only thing the guilds are fighting for is the ranking! Everything else is not worth the rivalry. That's the only reason GVG is still alive. That's the only reason the farm is thriving in GBG
Something is getting lost in translation. Guilds and players fight in GvG for ranking because that's the only tangible benefit. On the other hand, players primarily fight in GBG for the goodies. The proof of this can be found in seeing that nobody (including you) on this thread agreed that they would accept the elimination of zero attrition if matchmaking was fixed. IMO. GvG is about ranking (and is dying a slow death) while GBG is about rewards.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Actually it might surprise you but I do believe you. From my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong, prestige impacts guild ranking (positively and negatively). So, perhaps prestige that can decline or raise related to the streak a guild might buildup for ending #1 in diamond league? E.G. a guild gains Xk prestige for ending #1 in diamond league, if they manages to becoming #1 the following season their guild prestige from GbG gets buffed by X%. If they however ending up #2 or lower they lose (a part) of the obtained prestige and the streak buff. If they manage to become #1 in diamond again they get the default Xk prestige again and if they manage to obtain a streak of let's say 6x becoming #1 of diamond league in a row their prestige from GbG gets largely buffed compared to a guild that has no streak or a lower streak. Not sure if the fear of losing their streak and thus prestige and ranking in the guild ranking is enough to motivate a guild to fearsome battle for the #1 spot in diamond league though.
I agreed that they also need to rework how GvG impacts guild's rank. As it's exclusive to browser which not all players use or are even aware of.

CrashBoom

Legend
or just remove the current LP cap
the result would be the same

to avoid getting it too high a 10% (or other value) loss of points after a season could acccomplish that (for all guilds)

and that would actually result in a new cap
when the lost points reaches the 175 winning points
for 10%: guild has 1750 LP. looses 10% = 175 and winning the season 175 so they stay at the 1750

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@CrashBoom that's also a possible subtle option. Still though the impact on the general guild ranking will be minimal. As GbG will not be competitive compared to GvG regarding prestige. Where it's possible for a top guild to gain 20k prestige, if they're deferment enough. Besides the GbG. Unless the suggested new hard cap of 1.750lp would translate to 20k prestige, it might be indeed a more subtle and impactful solution, addressing the ranking issues to all leagues.

CrashBoom

Legend
the current 1000 LP is already 18k prestige :p
+750 more LP would be 31.5k

but if you want a huge gap between the top guild and the current 1000 LP guilds just adjust the percentage
5% instead of 10% --> max would be 3500 (5% = 175)
or 1% = 17500 max LP

I only took the 10% to avoid getting it too high

Owl II

Emperor
Something is getting lost in translation. Guilds and players fight in GvG for ranking because that's the only tangible benefit. On the other hand, players primarily fight in GBG for the goodies. The proof of this can be found in seeing that nobody (including you) on this thread agreed that they would accept the elimination of zero attrition if matchmaking was fixed. IMO. GvG is about ranking (and is dying a slow death) while GBG is about rewards.
I do not know how to write it easier so that nothing is lost for you when translating. GvG is a ranking. GBG is rewards. It is necessary to untie the ranking from the GvG and link it to the GBG. And also remove personal rewards for fights (replace it with personal rewards at the end of the season) so that people stop farming with their brains turned off. And for Jowada to stop demanding justice for D-lite. Then it will be possible a working algorithm for matchmaking.

jovada

Regent
The only thing guilds fight for is ranking. But to do this, devs first need to make sense of the guild ranking as a whole

On this i agree with you , but guild ranking has nothing to do with the 0 attrition farming. That is what i'm asking for since the beginning of GbG, no 0 attrition abuse, better matchmaking and equal slots, and then give guild rewarding points and best guilds will fight each other for the prestige not flip or swap sectors between guilds for the farming purpose. And the arguments of we fight 15 minutes and done is real fake argument just to be able to farm, strategy and good team work as you claim will remain the same if you want to be the best guild.

Now for individuals it's the same and also more ranking then rewards , but really can you be proud just because you were able to click all day long waiting for other guild members to take sectors with attrition and then do 1000 fights for farming ranking points, i don't think you have something to brag then.