• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Until the league matchups are fixed nothing should move...Personally that would fix much more than the nerf which at any % can and will make players even more unhappy at GBG than they are now.
Ignoring the obvious will not make it go away. The problem that INNO wants to correct is the ability to stack SCs to the point where zero attrition is a possibility. Read the announcement. Nowhere in it (or anywhere else afaik) is there mention of changing how league matchups are done.

Yekk

Regent
Ignoring the obvious will not make it go away. The problem that INNO wants to correct is the ability to stack SCs to the point where zero attrition is a possibility. Read the announcement. Nowhere in it (or anywhere else afaik) is there mention of changing how league matchups are done.
Which is unfortunate..as the problems still exist and will get worse with the nerf as is. Which gets us back to why does Inno want to makes its players more unhappy? A small number may see some more fights but even the 15 man guilds lose with this atrocity of a nerf.

Beta King

Viceroy
If that's the case then they can make a 4 SC cap and leave %'s everything just as it is and then the max atr reduction would be 96%. Still would not please the 5 man guilds in 1k league that want big beautiful candies available to them at any time they please but it will solve Inno's problem of killing zero attrition.

.Chris

Baronet
Ok so we are all in agreement 80% it is, lets move it to live servers and close these threads... At this point we have to break it somehow even if just halfway so we all feel like we have accomplished something after 172 pages of back and forth!
Why put a hard cap in at all?
Have them be multiplicative thus making the gains of additional SC marginal

Yekk

Regent
No it is not.
What we have (on live) is an addittion.

What is tested is a multipication but with a cap and I say: Remove the cap.
the beta nerf is but I now understand what you are saying. There are fewer chances for more than 5+ SC now with many fights at a much lower number. Checkerboarding is close to impossible

Edit. It is not a pure multiplication right now so you are correct. If it were pure we would see 74% for 5 SC and 81% for 6 SC

Last edited:

Nessie

Baronet
Apparently, it is not possible to develop an intelligent concept where roughly equal opponents fight each other and where it is excluded that guild members have to compete among themselves for fights. I understand the many players who leave the game. There are other games to have fun with ;)

blueskydwg

Steward
I'm not going to make any comments on what Inno can do to make battlegrounds more effective for more players and more guilds.
This forum is to comment on the change that is being tested - a limit on how much attrition can be reduced.

Once again, in this battlegrounds, I'm getting almost three times as many fights as I averaged in the 7 seasons before the change.
Why is that you might ask? I surmise that it's because now there are fights to be had. Once the heavy hitters in my guild have maxed their attrition, I can easily find fights that have 3 and 4 SC support. I max out around 70 attrition with about 150 fights. I'm quite satisfied with those results.

In my live city, my guild is in diamond lite - and we are sharing the map with two other guilds.
Yesterday I had 1,029 fights. And that placed me as number 31 in the top fighter list in our server. WHAT?
Yep, the top 8 fighters had more than 2,000 each with the top at 2,749

I'm ready for this change to go live. Yes, it will sometimes cut my fights (when we're in diamond lite, or in main diamond and being allowed to share part of the map - that happens about 1 in three times) - but I'm OK with that since it will open the map up for those guilds that want to participate but have been prevented from doing so just because there are no fights to be had.

The extra 700 or so fights I got yesterday will now go to one of three places:
1. Members of my guild who didn't get all they wanted (this is the least likely - I think everyone got all they wanted)
2. Members of other guilds that we blocked from getting fights on tiles
3. Won't be taken, because the other guilds aren't really all that interested.

Based on our map in Beta this season, I'm guessing that number 2 is the most likely.
We have 5 guilds that are actively grabbing tiles this season - usually our guild and one other will control the map - with all the other guilds lucky to have 2 or 3 tiles.

Conclusion: I favor the change -
That may be a bit selfish, since I see it favoring me in Beta and also in live more often than not.
I see it favoring my small but active guild in live when we are in full diamond.
It will reduce the control of the map by my guild in diamond lite - but most of us get bored by day 8 or 9 anyway.
There's only so many mouse clicks you can do.

Yekk

Regent
I'm not going to make any comments on what Inno can do to make battlegrounds more effective for more players and more guilds.
This forum is to comment on the change that is being tested - a limit on how much attrition can be reduced.

Once again, in this battlegrounds, I'm getting almost three times as many fights as I averaged in the 7 seasons before the change.
Why is that you might ask? I surmise that it's because now there are fights to be had. Once the heavy hitters in my guild have maxed their attrition, I can easily find fights that have 3 and 4 SC support. I max out around 70 attrition with about 150 fights. I'm quite satisfied with those results.

In my live city, my guild is in diamond lite - and we are sharing the map with two other guilds.
Yesterday I had 1,029 fights. And that placed me as number 31 in the top fighter list in our server. WHAT?
Yep, the top 8 fighters had more than 2,000 each with the top at 2,749

I'm ready for this change to go live. Yes, it will sometimes cut my fights (when we're in diamond lite, or in main diamond and being allowed to share part of the map - that happens about 1 in three times) - but I'm OK with that since it will open the map up for those guilds that want to participate but have been prevented from doing so just because there are no fights to be had.

The extra 700 or so fights I got yesterday will now go to one of three places:
1. Members of my guild who didn't get all they wanted (this is the least likely - I think everyone got all they wanted)
2. Members of other guilds that we blocked from getting fights on tiles
3. Won't be taken, because the other guilds aren't really all that interested.

Based on our map in Beta this season, I'm guessing that number 2 is the most likely.
We have 5 guilds that are actively grabbing tiles this season - usually our guild and one other will control the map - with all the other guilds lucky to have 2 or 3 tiles.

Conclusion: I favor the change -
That may be a bit selfish, since I see it favoring me in Beta and also in live more often than not.
I see it favoring my small but active guild in live when we are in full diamond.
It will reduce the control of the map by my guild in diamond lite - but most of us get bored by day 8 or 9 anyway.
There's only so many mouse clicks you can do.
No, those extra 700 fights just disappear. Yes guilds 6,7 and 8 will see more battling but they probably should be in a lower league. There they would see more fights as opponents are their ability. They were just the poor guilds that did not tank their last leagues as well as the 3-5th placed guilds did. Everyone loses when that happens. To say 1K or even D-lite should have to lose out for them ignores the real problems

Inno has always been lax on what they update/fix. If we accept this is will be 2 more years before they get back and fix the rest if ever...

Yekk

Regent
But back to this league. Guilds did not replace SC's lost when they won tiles. That lowered the fights even more than last time... I saw much fewer decent tiles and as a result reach max att way to early.

Owl II

Emperor
You forget that our map can be seen by other members of our group. It's not selfish, it's called "self-deception" You see what you want. I see here you can find fights only under 1 or 2 camps at best, if you don't close the flags. I also see that we will score 10k fewer fights this season than in the past season on the waterfall map. But it all started so well! 5 active guilds, hit and hit. Yes, but no one hit. And it's not our fault that no one hit, if you look at the gray tiles without locks and gray flags that don't close for days so that the other guild can hit. I've only reached the attrition limit once this season, on the first day. I have fight only once after because there's nothing to hit there. There's just nothing...

Owl II

Emperor
Apparently, it is not possible to develop an intelligent concept where roughly equal opponents fight each other and where it is excluded that guild members have to compete among themselves for fights. I understand the many players who leave the game. There are other games to have fun with ;)
FOE is a farming game. It is still positioned as a building simulator. All attempts to introduce some kind of competitive gameplay into the game have failed so far. This applies not only to GBG, which requires huge efforts to be successful. The same thing happens with GE. To meet one opponent in the championship is a great success. Most guilds just don't care about GE. A very small part of guilds open the levels for farm of rewards. GBG is not just competitive gameplay, it is high-intensity gameplay. People who are busy studying or working cannot devote as much time to the game as it takes to achieve success. It is possible that Inno does not want to actualize the ratings precisely because it is afraid of losing its main audience: farmers who are not interested in competitions. Perhaps the PVP arena turned out to be so bland for the same reason. FOE is not about competitive gameplay. FOE - about the construction of houses and farm FP.

Sibel

Merchant
Very interesting...
Ok so we are all in agreement 80% it is, lets move it to live servers and close these threads... At this point we have to break it somehow even if just halfway so we all feel like we have accomplished something after 172 pages of back and forth!
If I look at the x th voting, the image is completely different, for every single poll!!! Why cannot those who argue simply give their votes, or are their votes counted already? In the end, those shouing most, will win, and not those believing in at least some kind of democracy.

Further, those souting loudest against this kind of farming, did they ever spend an hour or even more at 3 in the night for stupid klicking? I will not use my alarm clock for interrupting my sleep just for a game. Would you do it???? Or, are you simply envious about the rewards others get and proceed in the ranking because you do not join in? If you do this farming for months, most probable, you will no longer enjoy it. And if you use other means for clicking, Inno should be able to find it out and take measures.

To be frank, this kind of crisis management is really frustrating from my point of view.

Emberguard

Emperor
did they ever spend an hour or even more at 3 in the night for stupid klicking? I will not use my alarm clock for interrupting my sleep just for a game. Would you do it???
Being awake during night hours typically increases the amount of hours you need to be asleep for, and decreases the persons speed they can perform at.

Getting up at 3am for GBG is not a advantage if it means you're not getting enough sleep. It would slow the person down at fighting, thus reducing the overall rewards while also increasing the amount of effort required for the same result. Only way it wouldn't be detrimental is if they're going to bed early enough that they're able to get a deep sleep, but then you're still missing a timer.