• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

But you do realize that just as precise surveys are created for all sorts of areas in life? You ask a small intersection to infer all.
I do. However, a proper survey selects a random sample of the population, in a sufficient size, so as to be able to predict (with some degree of accuracy) the likely response of the entire population. The responses to the Forum poll are neither random nor of sufficient size.

PackCat

Squire
OK, into the 3rd season of this failed experiment, and this is what is happening...

We are still conquering the entire map within 30 minutes of season opening, and we even graciously leave sectors in front of bases for other Guilds that want to play.
NO ONE is playing!!!! We just sit there endlessly waiting for someone to come out of their bases and we even leave sectors on hold, hoping to prompt them to take action.

So, the bottom line is this: This nerf has not improved game play or made battles more exciting or even shared the map more evenly.
It has made everything more boring and people are NOT participating at all. This is also spilling over to other areas of the game as well.
If there is no action happening with the map, there is no sense logging into the game. Players are beginning to set their collection times in their cities for once a day instead of every 4 hours.

A game cannot be successful if players are not spending time. (and $$ spending resources)
If this is the intended result that INNO wants, then just simply delete the entire GBG function, as it is now a graveyard of non-participation.
The only participation is usually One Guild per map conquering all the sectors at Season Opening and then they are sitting there for 10 days.
At least if INNO were to "balance" the competition, it would present something worth fighting for.

It seems INNO is just as inept as the current world leaders letting everything fall to crap while they virtual signal they are trying to do something.
(Not in the best interest of the public)

So, in my opinion, this is a very poor design move by INNO. All those supposed complaints by Guild members who cried they could not participate in the map are just hollow accusations or envy of others' success. Now given the opportunity, they still do not participate.

Hit that Share, Like button... because The salt must flow.

OK, into the 3rd season of this failed experiment, and this is what is happening...

We are still conquering the entire map within 30 minutes of season opening, and we even graciously leave sectors in front of bases for other Guilds that want to play.
NO ONE is playing!!!! We just sit there endlessly waiting for someone to come out of their bases and we even leave sectors on hold, hoping to prompt them to take action.

So, the bottom line is this: This nerf has not improved game play or made battles more exciting or even shared the map more evenly.
It has made everything more boring and people are NOT participating at all. This is also spilling over to other areas of the game as well.
If there is no action happening with the map, there is no sense logging into the game. Players are beginning to set their collection times in their cities for once a day instead of every 4 hours.

A game cannot be successful if players are not spending time. (and $$ spending resources)
If this is the intended result that INNO wants, then just simply delete the entire GBG function, as it is now a graveyard of non-participation.
The only participation is usually One Guild per map conquering all the sectors at Season Opening and then they are sitting there for 10 days.
At least if INNO were to "balance" the competition, it would present something worth fighting for.

It seems INNO is just as inept as the current world leaders letting everything fall to crap while they virtual signal they are trying to do something.
(Not in the best interest of the public)

So, in my opinion, this is a very poor design move by INNO. All those supposed complaints by Guild members who cried they could not participate in the map are just hollow accusations or envy of others' success. Now given the opportunity, they still do not participate.

Hit that Share, Like button... because The salt must flow.
I don't think that the change in the SC/WT is responsible for what you are describing. Individual SC/WT effectiveness has not changed and the randomness of sector building slots remains the same as before. The building slots adjacent to HQs did not benefit from zero attrition before the change and still do not. In the main, the biggest impact from the change is felt in the inner rings, not the outer where the HQs are located. Unless you are implying that all of the members of 7 other guilds are not playing, in protest, then what you are experiencing is normal. Some guilds just don't play. Nothing new there.

PackCat

Squire
In this case, where does this big difference in result come from in Dunarsund and a live world:
View attachment 8268 - View attachment 8269
OMG, you are comparing Apples to Oranges? or in your case, Nerf to live servers.

If that is a 1-day compilation, I think it would be smarter for INNO to first investigate the one player with 7K+ battles in a day.
That is 302 battles per hour and over 5 battles per minute for an entire 24 hours.
But in reality, it would be more logical to think you can only play 12-16 hours per day.
12 hours = 604 per hour or 10 per minute
16 hours = 453 per hour or 7.5 per minute

They could start with analyzing the mouse coordinates and other metrics for suspicion of bots. They should put a tracker monitor on him for a few days to see if there is unusual activity.

I have had days with 1K+ battles, but my fingers were numb and I fought mostly by myself overnight with continuous swaps every ~4 hours of 8-10 sectors. It is nearly impossible for a single player to get 7K battles without artificial assistance. If so, you can check for their name at the local hospital, because that is what a week of furious activity like that did to me.

PackCat

Squire
I don't think that the change in the SC/WT is responsible for what you are describing. Individual SC/WT effectiveness has not changed and the randomness of sector building slots remains the same as before. The building slots adjacent to HQs did not benefit from zero attrition before the change and still do not. In the main, the biggest impact from the change is felt in the inner rings, not the outer where the HQs are located. Unless you are implying that all of the members of 7 other guilds are not playing, in protest, then what you are experiencing is normal. Some guilds just don't play. Nothing new there.
I agree with that. But they are cutting off an arm with a chainsaw, for a hang nail.
In most of my comments/recommendations, I suggested, they spread the sectors more evenly around the map and less in the center.

They have the goods requirements completely backwards!
In our Guild, the inventory is less in lower ages, where a few scattered players exist, but INNO has placed all the building requirements on the outer sectors for the hard to manage goods with less SC slots, and the more plentiful good requirements near the center.
They should make the middle sectors requirements more difficult, where you need to build watchtowers to compensate for the lower age goods of an SC.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
OMG, you are comparing Apples to Oranges? or in your case, Nerf to live servers.
Are you talking about intelligence when you say phenomenal nonsense?
With or without the nerf, if a guild does not leave its HQ it is a concern of regrouping not deflation of SC!

PackCat

Squire
That's why we say it's a myth. Or nonsense, if you like. There is no joy in beating tiles with 0 attrition when you have already received 100. Any swaps will contain tiles with 3 camps, or even less. And you have to take care that no one breaks your chess
When leaders or other players walk-up sectors, they are not getting Zero attrition. Lucky to get 50%.
If you have to walk-up 8 sectors from 150-159, that is 72 sectors at 50% attrition, which means you may carry 36 attrition, just for setting up a rotation.
That would be difficult to accomplish for several rotations and still be able to get your regular battles.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Everyone has been crying for regrouping, NOT chopping everything up.
So I repeat it with simple words so that you understand!

A portion of gamers have been complaining about GbG for years and you've never said or done anything but laugh at them and call them incompetent.
Inno acted and just seeing the reactions of the former mockers, I'm happy, but happy to a point...
I just hope that this nerve will be tested for 2 and a half years, so that you understand that this game is community, not just for you.

Beta King

Viceroy
I can't wait to see the flood of comments that hit this forum(or whatever forum they direct traffic to) when this goes live its gonna be epic! Most people I talk to don't think it's remotely possible that they will move this to live servers and aren't at all worried about it but that will change all when it does. Stalking that forum feed will be more entertaining than playing the game! Im ready for it to hit live servers next Thursday!

PackCat

Squire
A portion of gamers have been complaining about GbG for years and you've never said or done anything but laugh at them and call them incompetent.
Inno acted and just seeing the reactions of the former mockers, I'm happy, but happy to a point...
I just hope that this nerve will be tested for 2 and a half years, so that you understand that this game is community, not just for you.
Now who is being silly? That was an insult to actual Gamers who wouldn't be caught dead in a SIM game.

I have around 500 support tickets discussing this and other issues over the last 2 years.
I usually stay out of the forums when possible, because it seems that every opinion is met with strong attacks from wannabees who think they know the game better than anyone else. I do not profess to know every strategy of the game, But I do understand the underlying logic from a software and programming, as well as system engineering point of view. So please excuse me if I haven't spent the last 2 years writing love letters to every Nerf cheerleader complaining of the status quo.

I saw nothing wrong with FOE before that this Nerf does anything to fix.

Last edited:

kawada

Marquis
It came to my mind today: I started playing actively on beta this March (before, I used my account mostly to check events).
Since then, I raised my account from 16m to 66m, jumped from Progressive era to Future, and acceptable attrition got from 15 to 80ish.

With current GBG cap, it would take waaay longer and I would give up first lol
I don't know if it's for good or not, but I feel lucky :)

Beta King

Viceroy
It came to my mind today: I started playing actively on beta this March (before, I used my account mostly to check events).
Since then, I raised my account from 16m to 66m, jumped from Progressive era to Future, and acceptable attrition got from 15 to 80ish.

With current GBG cap, it would take waaay longer and I would give up first lol
I don't know if it's for good or not, but I feel lucky :)
Yes indeed we are lucky, anyone starting now that will hear the stories of how fast we were able to build our cities with GBG will feel they missed out on the golden age of FOE! At least we will never have to worry about them catching up to us! I dont think people realize how many new players are benefiting from 0% attrition fights. I was <3 million when i started getting a decent amount of free fights which helped me get to 200+ million in ~2 yrs.

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
thats all ?

I had a few billion ranking points before they changed the GB points in the ranking calculation

but that was before you even started FoE :rolleyes:
I am one of the "small players" that this nerf is supposed to be helping but I'm afraid that's not what will happen. The people sitting at 2+ billion in SAJM are not worried about the nerf as it will take far less to maintain their status after the nerf. The little guy struggling to grow will suffer and that's who will be voicing their dislike when it goes live.

Owl II

Emperor
Well.. you only need to build Arc and Traz to be competitive for GBG. Event buildings will do the rest(att, def, and the collection of FP in the city). 3-5 events give you the opportunity to join the team gameplay and not feel like outsiders. We have a player who grew up with us from LMA and started leveling his GB only in the FA, having a rankng of about 100 kk. He just doesn't like the GB leveling process. GBG was valuable to us more as a platform for building and developing a team. The players have marks, they have targets. They have reasons why they are in the guild and not building houses with single mode. This is communication. This is an interaction. Farm FP is just a background process. So we would probably continue to prepare and invite young players. Question: Will they be interested in the killed gameplay? Boredom, boredom, boredom to get 100 FP. Maybe we will grow Arcs better and vacuum the global chat for the FP :)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I am one of the "small players" that this nerf is supposed to be helping
Bad interpretation on your part, Inno never said that!

For those whose ranking matters so much, do you know that fights are the best sources for ranking and that a fight in JUP will pay more than a fight in any era?
So if ranking is your main goal, rush the eras to play only in JUP.