• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Second consecutive GbG with this nerf:
I note that the 2 strong guilds present on the same card manage their attrition in an intelligent way leaving a slight room for maneuver to the small guilds which are no longer spectators.
So of course, they are not able to do a lot or take the center but it was never their request, they can finally play for those who wish.

Talking to some of them, I discovered that all the guilds and even all the members of a guild did not know that there was a change in GbG, having deserted them by weariness of the situation. It would therefore take a few additional seasons to have real figures and above all an installation in the direct servers where there will be more different cases and therefore an even more enriched experience.

Owl > don't you think there's a huge difference between "coming when it suits me and hitting GBG" and "never being able to do anything about the dozens of times I go GbG"?
If it's the notion of "team play" that concerns you, why not restrict the number of attacks of the biggest according to the numbers of the smallest in the same guild? It's not team spirit when some accumulate 20k fights per GbG while in the same guild others peak at 100.

No weak guild wants to play with the best, it's been said over and over again but you never seem to get that information. Especially if it means always having the top 16 guilds facing each other.

It's Inno's responsibility to review the groupings after this nerf.

King Flush

Marquis
Second consecutive GbG with this nerf:
I note that the 2 strong guilds present on the same card manage their attrition in an intelligent way leaving a slight room for maneuver to the small guilds which are no longer spectators.
So of course, they are not able to do a lot or take the center but it was never their request, they can finally play for those who wish.

Talking to some of them, I discovered that all the guilds and even all the members of a guild did not know that there was a change in GbG, having deserted them by weariness of the situation. It would therefore take a few additional seasons to have real figures and above all an installation in the direct servers where there will be more different cases and therefore an even more enriched experience.

Owl > don't you think there's a huge difference between "coming when it suits me and hitting GBG" and "never being able to do anything about the dozens of times I go GbG"?
If it's the notion of "team play" that concerns you, why not restrict the number of attacks of the biggest according to the numbers of the smallest in the same guild? It's not team spirit when some accumulate 20k fights per GbG while in the same guild others peak at 100.

No weak guild wants to play with the best, it's been said over and over again but you never seem to get that information. Especially if it means always having the top 16 guilds facing each other.

how many times! There's no excuse for guilds to be stuck, it is only a lack of effort and co-ordination that have stopped some guilds from participating much in the current format.

In regards to not being team spirit that some get 20k fights and some get 100, for one 20k would be really extreme I think it is very rare at least in the world I play that anyone reaches 20k fights, a big gap between the top and bottom in fight numbers amongst most guilds is pretty typical for sure, why is this because those that only bother putting up 100 fights in a campaign clearly don't have much interest obviously, they have just the same opportunities than those with the big fight numbers I'll use your example even though as I say that is not a typical fight numbers but is a player getting 20k fights able to fight 200 times faster than a player who gets 100! Of course not, why do you keep thinking that no effort should result in the same or similar results for guilds and players alike as those that do put effort in? just a crazy thought process, that goes against everything that a game with a competitive element is about.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
And why don't you talk about YOUR experience instead of imagining things that "could" happen or that others are going through?
You always talk about those that happen in guilds other than yours, saying they just have to do this or that. But if it was also achievable without suffering the other guidles, don't you think they would have done it for a long time?
Continue to live in your bubble thinking that you are better than the others, that this nerve will never happen, that it is the fault of the others, ... in short, continue to bring nothing concrete, Inno will know to whom to turn.

Again if it's the competitive or strategic aspect that matters most to you, attrition management only goes both ways, you should be happy!

Your anger is such that you do not see that your complaints ridicule you more than they help your point of view.

Owl II

Emperor

No. I don't think so. Actually, I think that if the team comes to GBG by the time the province unlocked, it has a chance. But we discussed this already above. Five times. Or more. I've lost count. And u tell me every time that u will not play as provided by the gameplay. I'm not trying to forced you. I'm just against being forced to play how you play. And I don't understand why Inno won't take you to a separate sandbox. Am I repeating myself? Wow!
Sleepy beta is not an indicator, the intensity of the game on live servers is two to three times higher. You will be cornered in the same way as before. Only now you won't have a single chance to cope with it. Am I repeating myself again? Well, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
how many times! There's no excuse for guilds to be stuck, it is only a lack of effort and co-ordination that have stopped some guilds from participating much in the current format.
Did you create your own beta guild or did you join an organized guild?
Besides, without asking you your in-game nickname, can you tell me the name of your guild on Dunarsund, so that I can better understand your point of view?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
No. I don't think so. Actually, I think that if the team comes to GBG by the time the castle falls, it has a chance. But we discussed this already above. Five times. Or more. I've lost count. And u tell me every time u will not play as provided by the gameplay. I'm not trying to forced you. I'm just against being forced to play how you play. And I don't understand why Inno won't take you to a separate sandbox. Am I repeating myself? Wow!
Sorry, my level of English does not allow me to understand you.
Without any malice, I am lost in your reasoning.

Sleepy beta is not an indicator, the intensity of the game on live servers is two to three times higher. You will be cornered in the same way as before. Only now you won't have a single chance to cope with it. Am I repeating myself again?
No need to imagine how I play on my live worlds and how the guilds interact, I will have a concrete idea when this nerf will arrive.
If everything could be predicted by imagining things without testing them, the beta would be absolutely useless.

I can't give my in-game nickname or the name of my guild because I play online with a friend on the same account.
(yes I know it's forbidden, but following an account transfer yet accepted by the staff, my account was closed for no reason and I'm too lazy to start all over again).
But I can say that the big guilds don't play like some imagine, attrition no longer allows them to flip the map every 4 hours, leaving medium guilds who have never asked to meet at the top to do a few fights and that's all we asked for.
I do not judge what is happening in other leagues, I read those who are willing to give us feedback. I can't imagine what would happen in the live worlds, I'll find out when the time is right.
Unlike those who cry scandal all the time, without admitting that they don't care about other guilds, that they only cultivate rewards, I share observations without prejudging what I don't experience.

Yekk

Regent
And why don't you talk about YOUR experience instead of imagining things that "could" happen or that others are going through?
You always talk about those that happen in guilds other than yours, saying they just have to do this or that. But if it was also achievable without suffering the other guidles, don't you think they would have done it for a long time?
Continue to live in your bubble thinking that you are better than the others, that this nerve will never happen, that it is the fault of the others, ... in short, continue to bring nothing concrete, Inno will know to whom to turn.

Again if it's the competitive or strategic aspect that matters most to you, attrition management only goes both ways, you should be happy!

Your anger is such that you do not see that your complaints ridicule you more than they help your point of view.
My guild this league has the negatives that happens with this nerf...All the other guilds and mine could have seen more fighting if only the nerf never happened. This nerf is an abject failure... Weak guilds do not win in Diamond because they are weak. They are short players, have to small a treasury, have weaker players, have poor leaders. Putting training wheels on the strong guilds was not the right fix...

Put those weak guilds in their own leagues... Allow them to stay there. Everyone will be happier...

King Flush

Marquis

I've given my own experience and given plenty of information on how I play and how my guild is on the live servers, I'm not in a guild on beta, I don't have time for that.

You ask - if it was so achievable don't I think they would have been doing so already? No is the answer to that, I joined a mid level guild for one campaign lets say 6 months ago, this guild never did anything, in the one solitary campaign I had there I got everyone involved we played tactics and destroyed the competition, that's one person wanting to make a difference, I left and it reverted to how it was before, so yea there's your answer if one person can make a difference it really shows it doesn't take much.

I should be happy if I like tactics you say, I imagine there will be so much tactics for me coming on for 5 mins a day to get my permited quota of fights, to do nothing more than farm a few rewards. tactics are nigh on dead post nerf, lack of races and such will make it as dull as every other aspect of the game.

I'm not angry, I welcome the nerf, already happily passively playing the last 3 weeks, it's only for the fact nearly at a goal I set myself I continue on to some degree after which will likely either give up with it completely or at very least reduce time spent even further, have no desire to invest much more time in the game, I doubt I'd even go back to how I used to play if they don't bring it in, last 3 weeks of hardly playing have been best 3 weeks in the last year but I'll still argue the point as to how bad this is for the game for those that do still care.

This is a slice of the map on my main world. Red and Pink have been beached since the start. Is it a result of "lack of effort" or lack of "co-ordination"? It's a rhetorical question. The answer is "It's not possible to tell from looking at the map". You don't know, I don't know, even INNO doesn't know. Only players in the respective guilds know. With your bias, you see laziness and disorganization. I look at it and see two beached guilds that may, or may not, want to advance. Only after the SC change goes live will INNO be in a position to determine if guilds, like these two, are being deliberately held back or if it is by their choice.

1658584344074.png

Owl II

Emperor

I have already told you about my experience. I had a headache on the first day of the current season from the frenzied speed with which the provinces are taken, and I quit the game. Now I feel sick when I look at the map. It's subjective. Objectively - Asgard played swaps last season on a new map (before nerf). Were made 67k fights. We are playing in free mode this season. The map is mostly gray, without locks. Nobody hit it. 49k fights have been made now. There are no such seasons in the living worlds. It just doesn't happen. The lower limit is 120 k fights. Oh, I'm repeating myself again..:oops::mad:(if you want to see anger in it;))

King Flush

Marquis
This is a slice of the map on my main world. Red and Pink have been beached since the start. Is it a result of "lack of effort" or lack of "co-ordination"? It's a rhetorical question. The answer is "It's not possible to tell from looking at the map". You don't know, I don't know, even INNO doesn't know. Only players in the respective guilds know. With your bias, you see laziness and disorganization. I look at it and see two beached guilds that may, or may not, want to advance. Only after the SC change goes live will INNO be in a position to determine if guilds, like these two, are being deliberately held back or if it is by their choice.

View attachment 8253
strange I don't see one single locked sector around red or pink and yellow doesn't even seem to be set up in a swap so as and when red and pink take a sector they can very easily move on from there, I don't think you really understand GBG ??

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
to do a few fights and that's all we asked for.
This is the subject of contradictions, in fact. Why are you asking for a few fights where you shouldn't be? Where don't you want to be? I don't think at all that nerf of SC are an answer to your innocent requests. It just clicked in the designer's head. Maybe he just need to edit less program code. But the fact remains: you are not asking to revise the match by league so that the big guys do not interfere with you meditating over open tiles. You're asking Inno to break the game for these big boys.

strange I don't see one single locked sector around red or pink and yellow doesn't even seem to be set up in a swap so as and when red and pink take a sector they can very easily move on from there, I don't think you really understand GBG ??
The sectors surrounding red and pink have no building slots. White and yellow are swapping everything in rings 1-3 as well as supported sectors in 4. But that wasn't the point. You cannot discern from the map the motivation, or lack thereof, of the beached guilds.

HunZ95

Squire
The answer is clear: A guild that cannot finish a sector it has started has no business in the diamond league.

PackCat

Squire
And so far (yes i know it's only beta) i saw a few reactions here on the forum from smaller guilds that they are positive and have (maybe only a little bit) more opportunity to conquer a sector.
These are guilds testing here on beta, not speculations from players that are not even testing but just are guessing what the future will be.
Well Whoopie! We should change all of GBG so some Guild, somewhere, conquers A sector. I'm sure everyone feels so much better now that you have explained everything.

PackCat

Squire
but they earned the right to be there :rolleyes:

and it is not your business to decide how they have play there o_O

and who says: they cannot ?
for me it is: they don't want to :p
OK, let's relate in simpler terms... You have a baseball team... You don't want your worst athlete playing first base.
And "non-competitive" Guilds should not be in the same season as better more powerful Guilds.
It is not fair to either.