• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

zookeepers

Marquis
Maybe things like this would work.
Sectors adjacent to the base gets automatic 30% attrition reduction. The sectors adjacent to them gets 20%, next sectors 10%, and finally 5% auto reduction.

This makes it with 5% reduction at the X1X sector in the waterfalls map for everybody, 5-10% reduction at tier 1 sectors in the volcanic map for everybody.

In the closer half of the map, the attrition reduction would be capped at 71.6-96.6%, and in the other side at 66.6% never having 0% attrition.

Owl II

Emperor
Sectors adjacent to the base gets automatic 30% attrition reduction. The sectors adjacent to them gets 20%, next sectors 10%, and finally 5% auto reduction.

This makes it with 5% reduction at the X1X sector in the waterfalls map for everybody, 5-10% reduction at tier 1 sectors in the volcanic map for everybody.

In the closer half of the map, the attrition reduction would be capped at 71.6-96.6%, and in the other side at 66.6% never having 0% attrition.
Will it work for what? It reminds me of a daycare with shared toys. I may be playing with this toy car, maybe not. But it's mine, and don't you dare touch it! So that you don't want to touch it, I'll spit there:D

that's too complex for the devs to understand :) and also for young players who want clear, simple rules.

Owl II

Emperor
The GvG support pool is a cat in a bag, about which everyone knows that it exists, but no one knows why it is and how it is calculated. Another thing is interesting here: no one is confused by the shields on the GvG. Everyone understands what needs to be done to bypass the shields. Why is this not happening with the blocking of provinces in GBG? Why is the lock considered sacrilege? Any ideas? I have one:D

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The GvG support pool is a cat in a bag, about which everyone knows that it exists, but no one knows why it is and how it is calculated. Another thing is interesting here: no one is confused by the shields on the GvG. Everyone understands what needs to be done to bypass the shields. Why is this not happening with the blocking of provinces in GBG? Why is the lock considered sacrilege? Any ideas? I have one:D
Well for one, the vast vast majority of "everyone" just doesn't play GvG anymore. One would think inno would like that *not* to be the fate of GBG.

For two, guilds have many maps all opening simultaneously of which you can surprise them on any one of them. There's more opportunity to win a race against a guild you probably shouldn't be able to.

For three, the cost to the bigger guild if you win is *wayyyyy* higher than the cost to you for trying.

Edit: Btw Support Pool is really easy to understand.

1) Total the support pool from guild level and members buildings.
2) Divide the support pool by the map's support pool factor from overview tooltip. This is the total amount of boost you have to assign.
3) Assign the boost starting from the HQ -> cap. Then the connected sectors 1 tile away -> cap. Then the connected sectors 2 tiles away -> cap. Proceed until you've either ran out of sectors or support pool to hand out.
4) Realize it doesn't matter anyways because the people attacking have 1000% boost against at most 75% :p

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
It's just for you. Ask 10 random players and I'm not sure if at least one will answer. Maybe because not so many people play in the GVG. Maybe because 75% doesn't make sense at the current attack values.
But that's not the point. GBG has much more maps on which the guilds play during the season. As many groups as there are maps. But still it's a fact: no one is confused by the shields on the GvG. If suddenly there is a crank who starts to whine and stomp his foot "I want to fight also, remove the shields," the players smile after him: there are many cranks in the world. But for GBG they sit for three weeks (or four already?) they are discussing how cool it will be when the map is without locks. The map will not be without locks in the diamond, don't hope

mcbluefire

Baronet
GvG already uses that functionality for defending boosts, so I doubt it’d be too complex for understanding
I recall bridge information from the devs stating something to the affect that GvG is too complex to do more than correct bugs on. Maybe defending boosts is part of that problem? (Okay, I just joshing here!)

Emberguard

Emperor
2 Guilds with heavily reduced attrition or 0% attrition depending on map layout VS one Guild on 100% attrition, is much more difficult to break through than GvG's Shield. You're not dealing with attrition in GvG. At most you're against 75% defence boost.

It's not a case of getting out of the GBG lock being confusing, but once you're hemmed in the game effectively requires the hemmed in Guild to be stronger than the Guilds that are already on the map. But if they were stronger they wouldn't be hemmed in the first place.

At the very start of the season it makes sense to have HQ on 100% attrition because everyone is working without support at the start. Later on in the season it doesn't really work so well to keep it on 100% attrition. And if we're drawing comparisons with GvG, you can ignore the HQ in GvG knowing it's got the highest boost. In GBG you can't get around the attrition as a hemmed in Guild.

Owl II

Emperor
2 Guilds with heavily reduced attrition or 0% attrition depending on map layout VS one Guild on 100% attrition, is much more difficult to break through than GvG's Shield. You're not dealing with attrition in GvG. At most you're against 75% defence boost.

It's not a case of getting out of the GBG lock being confusing, but once you're hemmed in the game effectively requires the hemmed in Guild to be stronger than the Guilds that are already on the map. But if they were stronger they wouldn't be hemmed in the first place.

At the very start of the season it makes sense to have HQ on 100% attrition because everyone is working without support at the start. Later on in the season it doesn't really work so well to keep it on 100% attrition. And if we're drawing comparisons with GvG, you can ignore the HQ in GvG knowing it's got the highest boost. In GBG you can't get around the attrition as a hemmed in Guild.
I'm not talking about that at all. Only about that the shields do not outrage anyone on the GvG. But some believe that it is their constitutional right to come to the game at any time convenient for them and have provinces available for attack in GBG.

Ironically, these are just the players who are protesting against total farming on GBG:D

I'm not talking about that at all. Only about that the shields do not outrage anyone on the GvG. But some believe that it is their constitutional right to come to the game at any time convenient for them and have provinces available for attack in GBG.

Ironically, these are just the players who are protesting against total farming on GBG
:D
I find it amusing how ideas like these somehow seem to take root. Perhaps you could share how you come up with this. I do not recall any "Yea" poster claiming a right to open sectors or are protesting total farming. To the contrary, most, if not all, of the "Yeas" are high level fighters in upper-level guilds and get plenty of GBG battles. They are, precisely, those players that have the most to lose when this change goes live.

HunZ95

Squire

Ironically, these are just the players who are protesting against total farming on GBG:D
if you look, most of them are lone wolves fighters or burned out players, trying to protect their own interests by pretending you to be greedy.
But I would be very curious about their reaction, if the personal rewards were taken out of gbg, would they still fight for change?
I think everyone knows the answer because social gaming is not what drives these players.

Owl II

Emperor
if you look, most of them are lone wolves fighters or burned out players, trying to protect their own interests by pretending you to be greedy.
But I would be very curious about their reaction, if the personal rewards were taken out of gbg, would they still fight for change?
I think everyone knows the answer because social gaming is not what drives these players.
Not necessarily. But you are right about one thing: the very mind of "coming when it's convenient for me and hit GBG" contradicts the idea of a team game. This is a team game because it has common tasks. Team tasks are performed not when your left heel itches, but when the gameplay requires it (when the shield or the lock has fallen, in our case).

And then everyone is divided into those who understands this, and those who want to dig up their personal garden and not be disturbed. They can play both in weak guilds and in top ones. While they can. But they(who see this only as rewards for fighting) will be replaced with more effective fighters in top guilds when the nerf comes to live servers