• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2022

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
could you please consider to put FP packages in the bounty chests instead of bar FP?
FP from the packages will be used in research and LBs, but the FP from the chests will need to be manually unpacked whenever needed...
Aren't the Bounty Boxes already a sort of FP package? If you want to use the FPs, you can simply unpack the Bounty Boxes.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Sure, it is not that good anymore to do so, but not completely removed. It was not intended/thought about, that players could safe them up for Space Age Titan, so this possibility has been removed.
It's a matter of whether the ability to save things up merits the work of extra clicks to open things in inventory. Supplies not going to cut it. Blueprints are awfully speculative given the recent track record on new great buildings (and if it was anything decent, the ease of getting them through donation). And "more annoying FP packs" - nahhh (regular FP packs can be used directly in a GB).

Thunderdome

Emperor
Please note, that this is the beta server. Issues and mistakes will happen. That's what a beta server is for: Finding these and fixing it. In this case, there was an oversight here and it has been addressed. Now the building will be like intended.
So, who went around saying that saving goods for an upcoming age was an "imbalance"? I'm sure no one did. But, on that same token, did Inno have to remove the previous goods as well? I am sure those who didn't have the SoA's in their city would have appreciate this (after all, it was one choice we would make if we're not spending diamonds). And, we still got the "criss-cross" with the A/D percentages. Deep down, Inno knew that we would have gone with the building with like-kind stats (Attacking Army Attack/Defense or Defending Army Attack/Defense; the latter no one really uses that much with the PVR Arena and knowing that everyone was building up A-A/D for GBg before it became a mess) and feared no one will like the other one.
at least the buildings are like the event, can't wait for the next one!
You know, neither could I, mate!
could you please consider to put FP packages in the bounty chests instead of bar FP?
If only they can do the math for those packs. It'll probably break by then. Yet, I would like to see this happen.
It's still unfortunate - the special part of the building was pretty much entirely suffocated. Where the perk of being something you might want to save up and open later used to be a point, now we just have the annoyance of having to open a box, combine fragments, etc :p
Carpal tunnel... the struggle is real.
I get that perhaps we were a bit too excited about it, but I would've preferred to see the goods per box reduced than removed entirely.
Well, here I was thinking about spending for diamonds to get another building since I do like collect things. This way, I can meld the two stats and still get the best of both worlds in goods. Not gonna happen. If and when I do start to build mine, I will hold back on the 11th kit because somewhere down the line, I know Inno will mess it up and change things again and the end building I wind up with might not be the one I want as a result of that.

Kind of felt sorry for those who already have said maxed building in their cities right now.
It was not intended/thought about, that players could safe them up for Space Age Titan, so this possibility has been removed.
So? Inno didn't have a problem with "refined goods" and GBs/WW/FoYs. You could have age limit those packs to SA:JM and at SA:T have those packs give refined goods (at 3 ages below SA:T) instead if it was going to be a problem.
and a button to open all chests at once
+1 for this. I'm getting too old for clicking, heh heh.
Aren't the Bounty Boxes already a sort of FP package? If you want to use the FPs, you can simply unpack the Bounty Boxes.
But can we use them without any FP bar limiting schticks or gimmicks?
This is actually already being considered adding ;)
But of course, no promises.
Translation: it will be a very long time, folks.
High lvl CF and reoccurring quests nervously laughing in the background.:eek:
Hence why I did not buy into the supposed reason. Majority of the players have CFs, HCs, and any other building that gives goods as rewards by doing various things.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Log Cabin as a GOLD reward, are you serious, why the hell is that piece of junk a gold reward.
I had seen much worse. The LC should be a blue reward at the least. The VTs should be removed entirely or placed in the green status. The ones that should be in gold would be the past event kits (Governor's Villas, Pirate Ship, Pirate's Hideout, Crow's Nest, and the pirate related selection kits, like the ones for Pirate's Hideout).

Obviously, the developers don't play their game to know the true value of certain prizes.

Owl II

Emperor
I doubt sometimes that you have ever played this game too. Try opening a hundred FP packages one at a time to fill in the technologyes for example. 2 hundred. 4 hundred. Probably the players out of spite asked for the input field of the FP in technologies and GB. And you are delighting us with the opportunity to return.. Where? at the 2012?

Astrid

Baronet
So a good - very good main building just turned into trash by removed building FP production and goods from chests. That's great Inno, planned to get 2 x Deadman, now it's not worth the diamonds. And yes, I noticed that the gold prize for some reason is now much harder to get and of course, that Log Cabin is "priceless".

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Is it me or there aren't any special prizes of the day ?
The summer event does not have any daily specials. Each wheel has one gold prize which can be one once. And there are other silver and green prizes which can be won more than once.

You can also refresh a wheel to obtain a different selection of prize.s

Ironrooster

Baronet
So (for me) it looks like the Buccaneer's Chest is now better for 3 out 4:
8 FP vs 6 FP (BC better)
Fragment of 1up vs supplies (BC better)
fragment of 30% defender vs fragment of 2hr mass supply rush (DC better)
BP vs guild goods (BC better)

Since my defense is lower than attack for my attacking army, the Buccaneer's Boathouse is also better and will be the one I go with.

Astrid

Baronet
So (for me) it looks like the Buccaneer's Chest is now better for 3 out 4:
8 FP vs 6 FP (BC better)
Fragment of 1up vs supplies (BC better)
fragment of 30% defender vs fragment of 2hr mass supply rush (DC better)
BP vs guild goods (BC better)

Since my defense is lower than attack for my attacking army, the Buccaneer's Boathouse is also better and will be the one I go with.

Same for me, now the BC is much much better than DM and I need more defence for attacking army, so I will definitely go for this one.

Finkadel

Marquis
So, not only is it impossible to obtain full buildings from previous events, now you made main building of the event next to worthless? Smooth move, Inno, smooth move!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Oddest thing to me is, that with the rebalance the deadman’s versions fps got reduced by 2fps, while the other one didn’t get a fp reduction. Despite me liking the looks of the deadman’s version, it got the shortest end of everything. Which in my eyes is more a imbalance then it already was.
The Buccaneer's Boathouse is fairly nice to replace a 4x4 building that either doesn’t offer any attacking bonus or less. It’s also fairly good for developing cities to catch up with the established cities. As it’s size is decently small, yet offers a lot in return:
Att def %
Fragments for 1-up kits
BP
Those 3 are great for cities in development and still progressing through the ages. The att def % is a sweet bonus no matter what stage of the game. The fragments for 1-ups are sweet for cities that progress through ages as it’ll be helpful to grind additional ones from daily harvests. The BP may sound a bit odd but is actually fairly useful. As you need a lot of them while developing you’re city for the GB’s.
For me personal the value of above are reduced but still decent overall and just downright great for replacing something that is 4x4. The unique twist of making productions storable through loot chests is a nice touch for the pirate and treasure hunt theme. That been said it’s just getting all that stuff with extra steps. Due to the new rebalance it’s less of a strategical item, as I’ve said it’s just getting all that stuff with extra steps.
I would personally rather see another way of use of loot chests from event buildings. More like having 3-4 different loot chests with each a different chance to getting them. Something like a unit package, a booster package, or fragment package, a rare fp package which includes fragments for the new fp-buff from the forge fontain, etc

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Oddest thing to me is, that with the rebalance the deadman’s versions fps got reduced by 2fps, while the other one didn’t get a fp reduction.
This one I can explain. If you look at the first comments, you can see, that it initially had 6 Forge Points. But it seems like there was an issue. I thought it got rebalanced shortly before the release and adjusted it in the announcement, however it seems like it was not intended.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Oddest thing to me is, that with the rebalance the deadman’s versions fps got reduced by 2fps, while the other one didn’t get a fp reduction. Despite me liking the looks of the deadman’s version, it got the shortest end of everything. Which in my eyes is more a imbalance then it already was.
The Buccaneer's Boathouse is fairly nice to replace a 4x4 building that either doesn’t offer any attacking bonus or less. It’s also fairly good for developing cities to catch up with the established cities. As it’s size is decently small, yet offers a lot in return:
Att def %
Fragments for 1-up kits
BP
Those 3 are great for cities in development and still progressing through the ages. The att def % is a sweet bonus no matter what stage of the game. The fragments for 1-ups are sweet for cities that progress through ages as it’ll be helpful to grind additional ones from daily harvests. The BP may sound a bit odd but is actually fairly useful. As you need a lot of them while developing you’re city for the GB’s.
For me personal the value of above are reduced but still decent overall and just downright great for replacing something that is 4x4. The unique twist of making productions storable through loot chests is a nice touch for the pirate and treasure hunt theme. That been said it’s just getting all that stuff with extra steps. Due to the new rebalance it’s less of a strategical item, as I’ve said it’s just getting all that stuff with extra steps.
I would personally rather see another way of use of loot chests from event buildings. More like having 3-4 different loot chests with each a different chance to getting them. Something like a unit package, a booster package, or fragment package, a rare fp package which includes fragments for the new fp-buff from the forge fontain, etc
The "pro-side" of deadman's is that it's attack instead of defense for the attacking army which is generally more valuable because for defense there's always sentinel outpost to compare against.

After the nerfs I have both versions coming in around 1.65 for overall efficiency on my semi-arbitrary scale (where 1.0 is usually a "best building for a particular purpose if it had no other benefits" - though I did move sentinel outpost to 1.5 to represent that it's one hell of a lot of work to get all your defense from them - and there's nothing else close so defense should probably not be held to that standard).

Which is neither great nor useless: Best spammable I have at 2.21 for eagle mountain; but for instance the Golden Orrery as a recent grand prize only came in at 1.33 (partially owing to not having a good baseline to attribute value to getting weird things like fragments, but then the boathouse is in the same category there - gives weird things you might consider having no value). And gentiana windmill at 1.20 (but it's a chain building that allows you to target more of what you want if you build it - even if it doesn't do so efficiently)

Adding in the annoyance factor though and I think I might be giving the event a skip.

Last edited: