• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

King Flush

Marquis
this change if it ill be done they will do the game more fare to all...because till now only the people who have the bots makes battles and of course they do only with out damage ....i wish the change take part as soon as possible
I really don't think you have a fair understanding and think you are doing nothing other than jumping on the band wagon, seriously if you think everyone who puts decent fight numbers in are all using bots I'm sure you are very very wrong.

Thunderdome

Emperor
'Walking works fine but why don't we try getting by with both legs tied together?' - a more fitting likeness I feel
Some people would just give up on the idea when they got their legs tied together. They feel helpless.

Unless my legs are tethered to something I know for certain I cannot break out of, I am going to still keep on moving.

King Flush

Marquis
Some people would just give up on the idea when they got their legs tied together. They feel helpless.

Unless my legs are tethered to something I know for certain I cannot break out of, I am going to still keep on moving.
yea pretty much exactly as I see it some will give up some will struggle on by

mcbluefire

Baronet
"Walking works just fine, why do we need cars?"
"2012: Forge of Empires works fine. Why do we need to make updates?"
"Going to school worked fine for many years, why do I need to find a job now?"

(I just wanted to show, that I hate the argument "Never change a running/working system")
It also hurts to "upgrade/fix" something that was working fine only to cause it to be broken.

My pet peeve is being told, "we do it this way because that's how we've always done it." Similarly I do not enjoy being told, "we changed the process even though we didn't comprehend what all was involved and made a mess of things." Granted, in the latter at least something was learned.

Hopefully Inno learns something from this beta test without needing to take it to live.

Emberguard

Emperor
I dont think the problem is with the matchmaking. If the 8 Strongest Guilds play in a league together it wont be a fun GbG.
There needs to be balance of active, med active guilds.
Everyone should be given the oppertunity to participate in every game mode.
The last 2.5 Years a tiny proportion of Players(Top 1-5 Guilds on each server) decided, its a better meta to play chessboard with 2 Guilds, to max out fights for those 2 guilds.
It destroyed the Fun and oppertunity to play GbG for any Guild that werent interessted in " lets play together who cares about the others".
But not all strong Guild acted that way in the beginning and even now. Some allow others to participate in that game mode.
The Problem is the attrition free chessbaord meta. it promotes it to play 1on1. Thats why attrition free has to go, be gone.
2,5 Years the Strong guilds had time to find a solution that fits their interesst in gaining rewards but dont leave the other 6 Guilds nothing to play with.
It looks like they didnt care so much about the others, chessboard meta is still the main thing.

I like this Illustration of a Cake: If you are very hungry make a tiny slice for everyone and a Big for yourself. 2 Slices always will only saturate 2 Stomachs.

Thankfully Inno cares.

You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit there. Putting Hyperactive with Med Active will never result in everyone getting a slice of cake unless there is a meaningful limit on defending and attacking capability for the Hyperactive top Guild(s). ‘Cause a cap will effect everyone below them, but is meaningless if it doesn’t do anything to the top Guild due to sheer resources available

The problem is there aren’t 8 equally top strong Guilds. There never will be. There will always be a gap in capability amongst the top Guilds that is more noticeable because it’s the top. Spreading out the top 8 doesn’t fix the problem either. It creates a much bigger problem by making it (8x8=64) Instead of just 8

If anything, rather than everyone being capped to 66.6%, maybe it should be based on current position in the leaderboard? 1st has 66.6% cap, 2nd has x%, 3rd has x%, everyone else no cap.

Owl II

Emperor
Hopefully Inno learns something from this beta test without needing to take it to live.
You hope in vain. Beta does not play the way live servers play. The activity of players is not comparable on beta and in the living worlds. Even beta has slowed down, I think, compared to what it was before. This will be a emergency brake effect in the living worlds. Everything will be blocked by flags. Provinces will be closed only forcibly if there is a threat of losing progress. Weak guilds will be removed from the equation completely

PackCat

Marquis
I dont think the problem is with the matchmaking. If the 8 Strongest Guilds play in a league together it wont be a fun GbG.
There needs to be balance of active, med active guilds.
wow you want smaller players to get encouraged to get better by watching other guilds fliping?
In Expedition, a fresh account day 1, could trade 64/64, Innos way of encouraging new players is in fact the opposite of your thinking.
In FoE we get rewards for participating.
Im very happy non of your thinking decides at inno.
Imagine only getting rewards from expedition with a certain strenght %, lol. hell no.
The problem is exactly with matchups. (matchmaking sounds like a dating site)
I would rather play against even competition.
It is no fun to flip the map and watch it sit for a day.

We currently have Guilds with 6, 25, & 16 members playing against the other Guilds of 50+.
There is no way for the small Guilds to make the season exciting. They are lucky to capture 2 sectors a day, only to lose them 4 hours later.
Attrition or not, GBG is still boring against weak competition. I would rather be able to compete and fight, than do nothing all day.

You are confusing different strategies. I think it is great that players fight battles against their current age units.
That has never been an issue with anyone.
The biggest problem is that we have to nurse the other Guilds along, and hold their sectors longer than we would like, to encourage them to advance and expand sectors.

PackCat

Marquis
This rebalancing will do nothing but make people cheat even more. People will have to make multiple accounts to be able to fight all day. Hovers in PE accounts that can absorb the attrition. There are ways around attrition.
Instead of fighting bots, there will be negotiation bots, where you are only limited by your amount of goods.
We can guess those same players probably have a huge inventory and can absorb the 4K amount of goods to get in 1000 fights a day.

PackCat

Marquis
kinda makes me feel a bit sad to know people think that way about events and think the planned re balance will make GbG less appealing or less fun.
I guess Inno can never make all costumers happy. Wich company can say that?
The Argument about to many Events is trendy right now.
I like as many events as possible, you dont have to finish every event. You dont have to pay diamonds for events if your lucky.
I like it, if not every city looks the same becouse some people missed out on some events or didnt like the main prize.
Back when we had only a few event thats something i didnt like to see, every city looked the same.
Candy crush wasnt that boring like digging imo, i knd of liked it. But here we are again, different opinions.
GbG less apealing is only your opinion, maybe a few thousand share your opinion and less then 50 made it here to discuss about it.
We have to assume the others dont care enough or looking forward to those changes.
If every time there was a new event, a new expansion became available, there would be tons more interest in new events!

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
What word do you not understand?
I personally had to think twice about that post, it's really not that obvious.
You mean there was a guild merge?! How exactly is that connected to these changes in your opinion? Would be great if you gave some context. We don't know anything about the guilds you are referring to.

PackCat

Marquis
You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit there. Putting Hyperactive with Med Active will never result in everyone getting a slice of cake unless there is a meaningful limit on defending and attacking capability for the Hyperactive top Guild(s). ‘Cause a cap will effect everyone below them, but is meaningless if it doesn’t do anything to the top Guild due to sheer resources available

The problem is there aren’t 8 equally top strong Guilds. There never will be. There will always be a gap in capability amongst the top Guilds that is more noticeable because it’s the top. Spreading out the top 8 doesn’t fix the problem either. It creates a much bigger problem by making it (8x8=64) Instead of just 8

If anything, rather than everyone being capped to 66.6%, maybe it should be based on current position in the leaderboard? 1st has 66.6% cap, 2nd has x%, 3rd has x%, everyone else no cap.
First priority should be to test a fight limit without artificial barriers.
Second choice would be to either spread sector build slots evenly around the map or make it more difficult and costly to build camps the close to center.
Bases should have a default attrition additive of 50%

PackCat

Marquis
Hi there, looks like we have another one able to see the future. You sound like you are familiar with cheater mentality or why the assumption?
Who cares about cheaters and what they do to improve their game. They will all get banned evantually at some point.
Hovers in PE is already a thing, so nothing new here.

I have to say i like some of your ideas. worldwide or only countrywide GG, like with GE sometimes. Thats a great idea.
You should open a discussion about it or feedback thread.
We already had plenty good ideas in the past 2,5 years, no feedback was good enough for inno, maybe rightfully so.
But you should be aware if your idea makes it to testing, there will be many people against changes, and be prepared for people like you with crystal balls predicting the future.
Could you be a little less snarky in your comments?

Owl II

Emperor
I personally had to think twice about that post, it's really not that obvious.
You mean there was a guild merge?! How exactly is that connected to these changes in your opinion? Would be great if you gave some context. We don't know anything about the guilds you are referring to.
Well.. no. "Merger" is when two guilds have formed one, with equal participation. If I understand it correctly. ;) Strong guild transferred the asset of a weak one to itself in this case. The weak guild is leaving the distance. It will no longer be even "also a diamond". Platinum at best. But these are particulars. There will be more such migrations, whatever you call it. But result will be the same: the strong will strengthen. The weak will cease to exist or sink to the bottom. We observed this when GBG was just released. Guilds were strengthened by any means. And then.. then the diamond league was filled to the limit and strong players became cramped under one roof. The reverse process has begun. Now we come back again that the strong guilds will takeover everything that is available. And I hope everyone who craved nerf will be satisfied at last

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well.. no. "Merger" is when two guilds have formed one, with equal participation. If I understand it correctly. ;) Strong guild transferred the asset of a weak one to itself in this case. The weak guild is leaving the distance. It will no longer be even "also a diamond". Platinum at best. But these are particulars. There will be more such migrations, whatever you call it. But result will be the same: the strong will strengthen. The weak will cease to exist or sink to the bottom. We observed this when GBG was just released. Guilds were strengthened by any means. And then.. then the diamond league was filled to the limit and strong players became cramped under one roof. The reverse process has begun. Now we come back again that the strong guilds will takeover everything that is available. And I hope everyone who craved nerf will be satisfied at last
This already happens all the time with or without changes? Big guilds not wanting to have to raise their own instead go to the small-medium guilds to recruit. Anyone hanging out in such a guild is surely familiar with the regular recruitment messages.

jovada

Regent
All that speculations founded on nothing.

First let me explain the difference between weak guilds and small guilds.
Weak guilds don't even care about GbG except maybe 1 or 2 players that collect some rewards and points.
Small guilds are the ones who are active but countered by two guilds swapping (mostly in the diamond leagues) you can blame it on matchmaking but the only reason they do it is farming.
That strong guilds will capture strong fighters in smaller guilds is just another speculation, why should they do that ? to do even less fights ? because if you capture strong players from other guilds i think you have to garanty them to do more fights.
I can speculate the other way , maybe strong players from strong guilds will join a smaller guild so they can do more fights.
And so far (yes i know it's only beta) i saw a few reactions here on the forum from smaller guilds that they are positive and have (maybe only a little bit) more opportunity to conquer a sector.
These are guilds testing here on beta, not speculations from players that are not even testing but just are guesssing what the future will be.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
This already happens all the time with or without changes? Big guilds not wanting to have to raise their own instead go to the small-medium guilds to recruit. Anyone hanging out in such a guild is surely familiar with the regular recruitment messages.
It happens. But not on this scale. It happens. But the guilds had to comply with the restrictions so that the monsters would not devour each other due to lack of farm. Everything is changing now. And they're getting ready