• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2022

Kronan

Viceroy
@xivarmy - not the way I personal view things - or work. If I'm going to invest all this time to get these quests done or gosh - spend my (or Inno's free) diamonds, and be in this game and play this Pirate Event, I want to expend it on something to FULLY help me, and not a glancing, watered-down item.

In reality - it's summertime here in the US for me. That's compelling. An event prize that's not a direct or even tangential bulls-eye for value - isn't. Not being an ostrich about it - or considering the city defense item non-existent. I won't chase it. I don't want it. I removed Althon in my main city in the game for the same reason - replaced it with Eagle mountain.

City defense is dying fast, or dead. The emperor has no clothes...

Thunderdome

Emperor
"Thought you said 'crossing the streams' was bad"

The way the GBg nerf is going into the second season, it won't matter much if you're building attacking army A/D or defending army A/D. This is the latest that was done by Inno to put non-relatable stats unto one building. Perhaps they were thinking that players will favor one building for the purpose while foregoing the other(s), so they give players something they will have to make a choice.

Anyways, I have yet to play the wheel (maybe I should since the steps portion won't be affected until I "actually" use it; and that I can use on the last days for my research project heh heh) to see what the prizes are on it. I am not going to bother with the piggy bank prizes (never did bothered with the reindeer for the winter event, even though I had the whole sled) as Inno just fills it up with junk for an overpriced fee (gimmick in my eyes).

6zeva9

Baronet
Are we supposed to get 1 or 2 units when the wheel gives us that reward?
When I look at other Events it tells you if it is 1 Unit or 2 Units.
This event reads like it is 1 Unit when you hover over the image, however you get 2 Units when the Wheel gives you the reward.
It makes it confusing as the Special Units read like the Units when you hover over them and the reward is 1 Special Unit.
If it is supposed to be 2 Units each time please indicate this on the wheel.

The best thing I can say about this event is that I won't have to bother with it in my main city. The only incentive to play this in my main is occasional goodies from that tired old wheel of aggravation. Neither of the main event buildings will see the light of day in my main without a very serious bump in attack+attack defense efficiency rating. Does anyone even care about city defense anymore? If so, Why?

The premium building is only good for 5 days and then it becomes just a decoration.

I would like to thank inno for eliminating the event surprise boxes and enabling me to sit this event out.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Some prizes really need an adjustment on the chance to be obtained.

AND WHO IN THE FLIP THOUGHT IT WAS FLIPPIN' CUTE TO PUT IN THE WORTHLESS VICTORY TOWERS/UPGRADE KITS IN THERE?!?!? Get rid of them silly things! They aren't worth having in the city (with its 7-day wait time for a small amount of medals where incidents give more) and they aren't worth spit in the AD.

I am not going to do the sail thing just yet, folks as I want to write down how many 1's I am getting through all the spins.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have a suggestion for the Forge fountain. Instead of being 5 days active, producing fragments for the exclusive fp boost. Using its inactive skin as unmotivated state and it’s active skin for when it’s motivated. Making the buff last for 5 days too and need 7-10 fragments to assemble the buff. This will be ways more useful then it’s current design and likely more desirable.

Peppermike

Farmer
I'm sad to say that, for me, it's time to find another game. I've enjoyed FoE for several years and don't mind spending $$$ for diamonds on a regular basis. I started to have doubts about the game after the 'Rebalancing' of GbG, but the Summer Event's 'Piggy Bank' convinced me that it's time to leave. We're expected to pay 3k diamonds to get prizes already 'won' by the spin of the wheel?
I've all but stopped playing GbG and have decided to quit the Summer Event (the first time in years that I haven't finished an event). Unfortunately, I still have quite a few diamonds in both my Beta & Birka cities... I may or may not continue to check in to collect and look for improvements.

CrashBoom

Legend
We're expected to pay 3k diamonds to get prizes already 'won' by the spin of the wheel?
no the prizes won by the spin of the wheel are already in your inventory :rolleyes:

but the Summer Event's 'Piggy Bank' convinced me that it's time to leave.
but what is the difference between last years summer event without piggy bank and this years event if you would just ignore the piggy bank o_O

CrashBoom

Legend
think again...

especially the deadman's bounty is great - imagine saving those up and opening them all at once when entering a new age - you will have all the goods you might need... bummer that the special goods still need to get produced

also they are good for finishing quests "collect goods"/"donate to treasury" - at least in the lower ages

also the 2h mass supply rush is nice to have for events and other quests
Inno just killed your strategy and removed the goods from the chest and put the FP in it o_O

Dear Kings and Queens,

Tomorrow we will make some changes to the main event building.

• Privateer's Boathouse will produce increasing amounts of Goods, instead of Forge Points
  • Buccaneer's Boathouse will produce 20 of one Good, instead of 8 Forge Points and higher amount of Medals
    • Buccaneers Bounty will now include 8 Forge Points, instead of 25 Previous Era Goods
  • Deadman's Boathouse will produce 18 of one Good, instead of 8 Forge Points
    • Deadman's Bounty will now include 6 Forge Points, instead of 25 Goods
These changes were necessary, because of an oversight in the building balancing. Thank you for understanding.

Thunderdome

Emperor
What benefits the players, Inno screams "game imbalance" yet again.
These changes were necessary, because of an oversight in the building balancing. Thank you for understanding.
Oh, I will tell you where the "oversight" was... when you criss-cross the A/D %'s and mucked both buildings. Not only that, but when we decided which one we will like to go with to help us in the long run, you decided to just make them both as garbage.

No, I will bet that you will limit us into opening by not allowing any excess FP into the FP bar beyond 100 if we don't have the Forge+ active.

..|.,

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
What benefits the players, Inno screams "game imbalance" yet again.

Oh, I will tell you where the "oversight" was... when you criss-cross the A/D %'s and mucked both buildings. Not only that, but when we decided which one we will like to go with to help us in the long run, you decided to just make them both as garbage.

No, I will bet that you will limit us into opening by not allowing any excess FP into the FP bar beyond 100 if we don't have the Forge+ active.

..|.,
Please note, that this is the beta server. Issues and mistakes will happen. That's what a beta server is for: Finding these and fixing it. In this case, there was an oversight here and it has been addressed. Now the building will be like intended.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Please note, that this is the beta server. Issues and mistakes will happen. That's what a beta server is for: Finding these and fixing it. In this case, there was an oversight here and it has been addressed. Now the building will be like intended.

It's still unfortunate - the special part of the building was pretty much entirely suffocated. Where the perk of being something you might want to save up and open later used to be a point, now we just have the annoyance of having to open a box, combine fragments, etc :p

I get that perhaps we were a bit too excited about it, but I would've preferred to see the goods per box reduced than removed entirely.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
It's still unfortunate - the special part of the building was pretty much entirely suffocated. Where the perk of being something you might want to save up and open later used to be a point, now we just have the annoyance of having to open a box, combine fragments, etc :p

I get that perhaps we were a bit too excited about it, but I would've preferred to see the goods per box reduced than removed entirely.
Well, you still can save them up and use later in higher ages. There are still resources, that scale with age: blueprints, supplies (yes I know, not that exciting, but the amount is actually pretty high for event buildings and that really stacks in higher ages) and guild goods.
Sure, it is not that good anymore to do so, but not completely removed. It was not intended/thought about, that players could safe them up for Space Age Titan, so this possibility has been removed.

CrashBoom

Legend
but why chests ?

too many things for a building to give directly ?

except of goods and BP it doesn't make a different if I get it daily or when I want (new age)
(and the goods are now removed from it)

could you please consider to put FP packages in the bounty chests instead of bar FP?
and a button to open all chests at once