• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

what else can a guild do with its guild goods :rolleyes:

maybe the best 8 guilds should have their own league
(so that would be the 8 guilds which made the most advances in the last 24 month)

no more weak guilds they must teach lessons how to play
I agree other than to do it based on most advances
putting the 8 guilds who got the most advances in the prior season in to a new map together the next season will cause all 8 of those guilds to have nothing to do, so it will be a rotating door of guilds moving up then moving down, just like now but probably restricted to 16 guilds.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I like what Thunderdome suggested about the league, not sure how easy that is to develop per league, probably not terribly hard, but I like that idea.
I am hoping it would be better than the "one size fits all" method that is going about.
I think this is a good idea and if it is added to the suggestions I made earlier you just might achieve the complete re-balancing that you are seeking!
It's our only hope... and it will keep players from quitting the game or deciding not to participate as a result of this change.
Not feasible. except for 1 man guilds lower leagues do not have the treasuries. you could have 100% in gold but few guilds will build as they can't. Even in Platinum guilds seldom build
I was once in a single-player guild (SPG) way before the change happened. I made it towards Gold before deciding to go into a guild (not for the GBg but for goods/GB leveling and BP harvesting). The numbers game had caught up to me after Copper since attrition moves with me up to 43 out of 70 with no SCs or WTs built by anyone or myself. I would have to time my takeovers about 20 minutes before server reset and upon server reset to take a sector and put my SPG on the map and get the rewards at the end. I sometimes build WTs as I can afford those. I am pretty sure if I am good enough to build a decent treasury, I would be able to build some SCs about.

The numbers suggested will have smaller and medium guilds/players still growing up as they go up the league until they hit diamond; hopefully developed enough to compete. If SPGs made it to the map, I salute them for even making it far enough. I had seen @-NinjAlin-'s post about how much attrition can be attained before calling it a day. In diamond, there is 160 progress points before a sector is taken. Should they build a WT or even a SC, they would take that sector by themselves, but won't have enough in the tank to take any more if they are in a SPG.

Owl II

Emperor
Even within my guild there were members who claimed in the past that we caught everything, and when they tried to do battles they had nothing for hours (and they are right).
I think these changes make sense, the system has to create brakes for us, giving space for other players (even those of the own guild), to be able to do much more than what they were doing.
Have you tried to brake yourself? If you see there is no race, why not step aside? Why not let the guild members play? Again, "I don't want to do it myself. Inno, do it for me." Okay, you don't know where to stop. Why won't your guild mates stop you?

so better increase the needed wins to 500 :D

it should at least need 1 minute to capture a sector
sure whatever, makes no difference to me
and that 18 seconds takes hours of preperation, people committing to set alarms and return, many reminder messages both in game and on discord, reminders as the sector's opening on how to get the first hit in before others (closing and reopening the sector until the attack button lights up), freezing the lock thread before it opens so people don't sign in and collect without realizing why it's locked
but sure when we get 30 people together for an important sector opening, you're right, that's a problem! because it's unfair to small guilds on the map that happened to get in to the top of diamond league.. smh... sure, increase it to 500 and we'll see how that works for you CrashBoom.
If you really think this style of competitive gameplay is what they're trying to prevent, I don't think you have been following this conversation effectively.

King Flush

Marquis
just do it, I've mentioned so many problems already in this forum and virtually none have been addressed, I'm not playing on the beta server but my time in the game has already diminished, with these changes hanging over it seems pointless to carry on striving to improve my city and progress in the game when the whole direction is put into question, I have little doubt if this is implemented it's going to cause a whole wave of problems, I can see it all so very clearly and it staggers me that others can't, so go on take away the only real fun element of the game the part that you can actually use tactical play and where team work prevails and make GBG nothing more than jump on map get your permitted handful of fights and leave, the game has given me pleasure in the year I've been playing I won't deny but RL will be put back in focus and I'll watch the downfall with a smug smile on my face saying well I told you so.

CrashBoom

Legend
the result is minimal better than almost 2 weeks ago

Perhaps most importantly, almost 70% of people in the poll attached to this thread are against this change. Will you guys act in accordance with what the majority of people want?

Please note, that it is just natural that there are more negative than positive comments here and also votes. Most people only visit the forum to complain and not to say that they like something.
I am actually surprised to see it is not more negative votes, I expected way more. ^^

knarre sbeat

Merchant
Cant wait for them changes to hit the live servers.
GBG in its currents state wants you to cherrypick sectors for your own good, if you dont do it you stupid and dont get many fights. At least i think thats the mindset of some of my guildfriends.
The Changes from all feedback i read here do alot of good to GbG.
Probably cherrypicking still exists but at least it sounds like more people get a chance to play with low attrition, in comparsion to the current GbG on live servers.
Any news, on what date this change goes live?

knarre sbeat

Merchant
Earlier in this thread it was mentioned the voting doesnt change the outcome of the Re balance change, like it wont stop it.
It doesnt matter if 900 against it and only 100 like it.
It says how you like the changes in general. thats it.
there is no option "stop changes from going live"

and by the way the forum from beta doesnt represent the likes of all Foe players world wide. Dont get ahead of yourself^^

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Earlier in this thread it was mentioned the voting doesnt change the outcome of the Re balance change, like it wont stop it.
It doesnt matter if 900 against it and only 100 like it.
It says how you like the changes in general. thats it.
there is no option "stop changes from going live"

and by the way the forum from beta doesnt represent the likes of all Foe players worl wide. Dont get ahead of yourself^^
but maybe they increase it to a 5 SC cap instead of 4

sure whatever, makes no difference to me
and that 18 seconds takes hours of preperation, people committing to set alarms and return, many reminder messages both in game and on discord, reminders as the sector's opening on how to get the first hit in before others (closing and reopening the sector until the attack button lights up), freezing the lock thread before it opens so people don't sign in and collect without realizing why it's locked
but sure when we get 30 people together for an important sector opening, you're right, that's a problem! because it's unfair to small guilds on the map that happened to get in to the top of diamond league.. smh... sure, increase it to 500 and we'll see how that works for you CrashBoom.
If you really think this style of competitive gameplay is what they're trying to prevent, I don't think you have been following this conversation effectively.
IMO, too much work. All that's needed is one message "Next swap starts at X:xx PM, stop at 150" and a dedicated team.

Owl II

Emperor
I'm starting to look forward to these changes too.:) We are quite loyal to weak guilds. We have only played swap with guilds that are stronger than us (with friendly stronger guilds). There are few of them. To be honestly, there are only two. We always gave everyone the opportunity to play In a weak group. We left the camps. We were waiting for them to finish take something. OMG, we even allowed to create alliances in 2-3 guilds against us, and had a wonderful time. Well, hello the changes. Now all this audience will get what they honestly earned

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
More than two thirds of players are against the change according to the poll. You have a good idea now people feel now.
come on... two thirds of the people that voted are against it...

As I and Juber said before - the poll is biased and not exactly representative.

I can just as well make the counter argument:
Just assume a population of the top 1000 players on beta - max 300 of them felt the need to come to the forum to take part in the poll - that is less than 30% of the population.

Should that not be seen as approval?

Amdira

Baronet
come on... two thirds of the people that voted are against it...

As I and Juber said before - the poll is biased and not exactly representative.

I can just as well make the counter argument:
Just assume a population of the top 1000 players on beta - max 300 of them felt the need to come to the forum to take part in the poll - that is less than 30% of the population.

Should that not be seen as approval?
So the ones who didn't come to the forum and vote will be counted as pro this change? Interesting handling - why then open a poll anyway? Mocking at the ones that are contributing to the forum? Why not just closing the forum at all and just doing what intended anyway?

-Alin-

Emperor
But you can't fight endless to exploit in GvG and GE
Believe me ,GVG can be exploited much harder than GbG, I know some players that paid in diamonds with special cards/gift cards or in forge points other players to put champions for them in designated sectors to pingpoing in GvG(after they used all of their units in defending armies or sieges), GbG stil had a limit after a while, gvg doesnt, and medals are ultra easy to gather to lay sieges that are ultra cheap.