• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

CrashBoom

Legend
Listen, can someone explain a simple thing to me? Why are you trying to keep letting weak guilds participate in things they don't want to participate in?
can someone explain me a simple thing:
why are the strong guilds bullying the weak ones

let's take my GBG on live (diamond 1000 LP guilds)
one of the strong team directly captured half of the map at the start of the season
including the starting sectors of 3 other guilds

why are they such bullys and don't even let them that sector ?

such players just deserve the 66% cap

like the song says:
"What you deserve is what you get"

can't wait that this goes live
I hope in 2 weeks

Owl II

Emperor
can someone explain me a simple thing:
why are the strong guilds bullying the weak ones

let's take my GBG on live (diamond 1000 LP guilds)
one of the strong team directly captured half of the map at the start of the season
including the starting sectors of 3 other guilds

why are they such bullys and don't even let them that sector ?

such players just deserve the 66% cap

like the song says:
"What you deserve is what you get"

can't wait that this goes live
I hope in 2 weeks
What weak ones? The Diamond League? 1000 LP? This is the elite of the server. What are the weak ones? There shouldn't be any weak guilds:rolleyes:

Kev-

Farmer
There lies the issue it is nothing to do with rewards SC or anything else its down to a Inno mismatch.
If they match fighting Guilds with fighting Guilds and not passive farmers there is no issue. No Big fighting Guild wants to go up against teams that don't want to fight and spend the whole ten days encouraging them to take a sector so they have a target to retake.

Owl II

Emperor
And no the update will not directly impact me or even my guild.
We have implemented, following a unanimous vote, the individual limitation to 20 fights for any sector assisted by at least 4 camps.
It might sound crazy, but not all guilds are made up of 80 clickaholics, some are made up of members who want to have fun and push their limits, even if it's only a notch at a time.
So yes, stay a spectator for 2 weeks because some forgot what a strategy game was, won't miss me or my guild. And I don't think we're the only guild with this collaborative play perspective.
A wonderful solution. Excellent. Imagine: a race for speed. The players have lost count and stop so as not to make 21 fights by accident. Or you need to close the province (no matter for what reason, maybe the opponent beats. Maybe the end of the hour has come. There may be a threat to lose the border province). But you don't have to beat this province anymore. You've already done your 20 fights. This is a Strategy with a capital letter!

But I think some people just forgot it wasn't intended as a feeder originally. And it was intended for competitions between guilds. But who remembers that?

Owl II

Emperor
the weak ones which didn't take the first sector in the first 15 minutes o_O

in short again
guilds which don't even let other their starting sector deserve that cap
So get the juniors out of the major league! They don't need to be here. Big uncles can cause injury accidentally. They are weak in the diamond league. Let's weaken everyone to their level. Nerf SC won't work - let's to cut attack for the tops. And it won't help - let's cover their access to the game and run they for 15 minutes a day.

Last edited:

PackCat

Squire
I'm more and more certain that the beta community serves you only to find bugs and that you believe that your ideas are significantly better than those who spend time on the game can have.
Roger, that's a no go... I reported the recurring quest bug 4 weeks ago. It was forwarded to the developer bug report and in que for repair.
Not only did they not address it, they copied the bug over to the live servers.
Now they are saying, "Sorry, we don't know how that could have happened".

I think they should stop all new development and move everyone to the bug side of the house, until they cure some of the existing problems before introducing new ones.

But I think some people just forgot it wasn't intended as a feeder originally. And it was intended for competitions between guilds. But who remembers that?
Finally, something that I can agree with. Maybe, now that checkerboarding seems doomed, the guilds that have not been allowed to participate will come out to play. If so, it will be good for the game.

The big issue with this nerfs is that the GBG slowed down. There is no more dynamics, And many players are entering just a time in a day to make this bunch of fights,
INNO are buisiess orientated company and the proove are diamants.
So, making the things uninteresting and boring, the players have no more interest to buy them.
INNO made me refuse to buy diamonds and I decided, instead of that to donnate the money to people in need.
And I read, that many others also refuse to buy diamonds.
It is a kind of economical suicide and I realy can`t understand the main reason to do it.
The GBG is not balanced at all, but is already inattractive, because there is no more real competition. And GBG was the only dynamic part of this turtle game.
There are two possibilites by my opinion to make this big chaos - envy, that there are players and guilds, who made a significant progress, or inunderstanding of what their creation realy is.
I am very, very, very disappointed.

Owl II

Emperor
Asgard has given everyone the opportunity to hit this season. Everyone is in a hurry to use it. I'm afraid they'll smash their foreheads at speed

PackCat

Squire
the workings of battleground allotment have been determined since quite same time already...
OK, let's face it. If everyone's interest is to get to the center of the map...
So why not make it easier on the edges, and harder in the middle.

This could be accomplished by some of the following different ways:
Move more SC slots further away from the middle. (you don't really need 10+ SC on center)
Raise the cost of SC as you get closer to the center.
Stop requiring lower aged Treasury Goods with the lowest inventory (generated by having members in lower ages) on the outer and instead require them in the middle.
Charge a premium on large count of sectors, as we do already in GVG.
Devise a way to release sectors (lower good requirements) or have sectors return to initialized non-owner state after 8 hours.

I am not in love with any of those options, but losing a finger is better than losing an arm or leg through attrition.
It may not solve the whale problem, but it will give the weaker Guilds a chance.
Attrition could find a way to work itself out without artificially forcing it with caps.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
There lies the issue it is nothing to do with rewards SC or anything else its down to a Inno mismatch.

And it was intended for competitions between guilds. But who remembers that?

You have a short memory!
It was the case before, but the big guilds complained of always meeting the same opponents. So Inno changed the guild grouping system.

It's been 2 years that I see guilds complaining about ending up directly with the top.
It's been 2 years that I see that the Copper to Gold leagues are not exploited.
It's been 2 years since I've seen guilds arrive in 1,000 LP and complain about remaining spectators.
Farmers haven't said anything for 2 years, except a year ago to claim not to always be with the same other big guilds anymore.

What did you expect from Inno?

Blow the 1,000 LP cap and you'll see in 2 months, the same 8 guilds will still face each other on the same GbG, then we'll see who's complaining for the next 2 years.

Not only must Inno prevent 100% WITHOUT attrition, but he must install a firewall so that guilds no longer access the higher league without a second condition than LP.

PackCat

Squire
Good change, Inno. Make it harder for newbies, that is the way to go if you want to shut this goldmine closed.
Though as long time free (and slow) player I am somewhat glad that those bragging GBG whales would have to struggle now like we all do - good for them, buying diamonds bastards!
I do not understand the logic. It is like saying rich people have to drive VW's so they can drive around cramped up like poor people, or worse take the bus. Your claim is for taking away the incentive for personal success. And believe it or not, a game needs revenue to survive. If someone is not actively participating in the acquisition of diamonds, they are a freeloader running on free stuff. (not you personally, just the idea of fairness) Think of Diamond buyers as Super-Chats on social media.

Owl II

Emperor
You have a short memory!
It was the case before, but the big guilds complained of always meeting the same opponents. So Inno changed the guild grouping system.
I have a great memory!. I remember how we, a guild of 20-30 players (half played for no more than six months), were assigned to a group with who imagined themselves to be top at that time. I remember how these "tops" were able to win only one season in six months. How bored we got with them after two months. Then I remember how this system was removed last summer, and we played with the real top 5 or 6 seasons in a row before we were given a break and sent to a group with equal numbers and power of players. It was a challenge. It was an incentive for us to develop. Tops played swaps last summer. We were breaking their game. The same tops were sitting on the shore after only six months. And we played exchanges with others.

I won't tell you what the incentive was for me to do it. I don't know myself right now. But it was. Others small and weak do not have such an incentive. But are tops to blame for this?

PackCat

Squire
Blow the 1,000 LP cap and you'll see in 2 months, the same 8 guilds will still face each other on the same GbG, then we'll see who's complaining for the next 2 years.
Not only must Inno prevent 100% WITHOUT attrition, but he must install a firewall so that guilds no longer access the higher league without a second condition than LP.
Divide Leagues into groupings... Taking the first 2 pages of Prestige ratings would be a good start. (Top 20 Guilds)
It gives 4 random season contests with 5 Guilds each to compete every season.
Having 8 Guilds in a single contest is asking for trouble if INNO wants to feed the weak.
The reason I use Prestige is because it has a direct relationship to Guild social participation in its calculations.

The majority of what INNO is seemingly trying to address are somewhat within those 20 Guilds.
That is approximately (avg. ~60 players per Guild) 1,200 players of which is probably at least 450 of the top 1,000 players in a world.
~125M for the top 1K player.

That's a lot of whales in battle against each other. It allows every other Guild to play their own game at their own pace in their own contests away from being totally dominated. It loses their argument for being locked out by dominant Guilds.

Someone can whip out a spreadsheet and give the exact numbers please.

PackCat

Squire
GbG was the most active thread in this forum now this is.
Its a Feedback thread filled with 60 pages of what? Your feelings?
Why dont let the game you play, evolve?
I'll try not to make this personal as it seemed to read.
No one with a few exceptions, are explaining their "feelings".

Most people are articulating quite well the technical impact this change will have, and without a pure logic from the developers on the context of why this change is so important, many if not most are left to speculate what evil plan INNO has to make the game less enjoyably or extract more revenue?
Most of the complaints are not even necessarily against making adjustments to game play, but in the manner and decided players they want to target in "Dumbing down the game". It seems to punish one group, while trying to artificially prop up the other. There is not just fairness to everyone.

If someone stops you from stepping in front of a moving bus, they are not denying you from evolving, but saving you from your worst actions.