• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

knarre sbeat

Merchant
GbG was the most active thread in this forum now this is.
Its a Feedback thread filled with 60 pages of what? Your feelings?
Why dont let the game you play, evolve?
Some people created FoE, you like it.
Now they thought about a Change, hopefully but surely not the last change we will see to GbG.
Why not support them with their ideas?
If they turn out bad, so be it, there`s still room to re balance again.
If they want to make it harder ill accept the challenge.
Good luck to those leaving finding another good game.

Retired Guy

Marquis
I've only read some of the responses, and I haven't seen this mentioned.. Perhaps the most negative thing about the change, is.. this will KILL any interest in GBG, especially for those trying to plan a strategy.. 15-20 min, and your attrition is maxed out, and you're done for the day.. takes a pretty dedicated person to stay on the map when they can't do anything just to watch sectors load about as fast as molasses flowing uphill. And for those younger age players.. eg IA.. they're done in about 40 battles, maybe 50. I suppose the spouses will be happier though..

The Babelus

Steward
It is surprising that Inno made this change so late. Farming of few string guild will come to an end. However, 66% sounds to hard to me, 80% would be probably better.
Anyway, this Cap change could bury the game. Many high end players will probably loose interest into playing. I am not sure if the fighting spirit will return to GbG. For sure big guild will make sense again (but it is so difficult to manage 80 people in guild)

Tanmay11

Regent
I like the change, do your fights and be done for the day. even if i wanted to stay all day i simply cant because the attrition.
In the long run its probably bad for our guild because our leaders and even some players invested a lot of their time over the last two years to get that #1 place most of the time. but it also has its downside, a lot of us experienced burnout and simply don't play gbg as much as we used to, some have quit altogether

so im quite happy to play every other round just for fun and maybe the whole game wouldn't be just about gbg.

:broken_heart:
I and the forum mods go through everything and I collect and forward everything. :(
It came off as condescending to me when you were like "what questions", and obviously we have questions that you would have no information to give, but on the other hand it dismisses all of the valid questions we did ask and still have no information on. I'd be real great if an actual dev came on here and answered some of the questions you forwarded, just seems a bit disingenuous when there are 60 pages and literally no response from inno. Like we're wailing at a wailing wall and nothing is going to be done and our opinions don't matter.

If This is the best Inno can offer it is fine to prevent guild farming that has lead to players migrating to top guilds while the few of us super strong dedicated independant players have loathed watching flags 159 of 160 galore being held by 2 to 3 guilds leaving 98% of players in total disgust for what was meant to be war into farming. This should have happened long time ago but better late than ever. Any MOD or developer here again 2 years ago somewhere I suggested every open flag a guild holds reduces SC effectiveness by 20 % or more so Guild x and guild Y hold 10 flags each and farm get 100% attrition each fight. this can help unless an exploit is found. Its the open flags that I see as total abuse of gbg here. Not attrition free fights If this does not work then the 66.6 cap will be the only way to go. I also suggest to fair play rankin every gbg farmer last 2 years is rank point nerfefed too many Pseudo billion pointers for my liking.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Chessboard strategy is not well understood by some old players.
In this strategy, 2 guilds play the chessboard and the other guilds are tasked with destroying the chessboard.
The chessboard strategy itself is very invigorating to the game. There is a lot of planning, organizing and talking within the guild and between the guilds.
Chessboard strategy is also very social. This gives small players in their own guild a greater chance of fighting and having fun.
Anyone who came into the game with the current GG will be very frustrated by the planned changes.
It’s well understood by old players. Old players can organise swaps with or without communication with the other Guilds. It’s just not what old players are after because it has a different mindset and focus.

The outcome of the season is pretty much determined Day 1. The rest is min-max of rewards and keeping status quo.

You’re right newer players will be far less likely to accept the changes. But those players have a different goal and expectations in mind

Last edited:
Old players can organise swaps with or without communication with the other Guilds.

—> Thats ony true in very few cases. For the most cases its not true. There will be diplomatic chats between the participating guilds in the majority of cases.

It’s just not what old players are after because it has a different mindset and focus.

—> Its just not what you are after because you have a different mindset and focus. There, fixed it for you

The outcome of the season is pretty much determined Day 1. The rest is min-max of rewards and keeping status quo.

—> Not even slightly true. I see so many battles each season for Rank 1 and for Rank 5, where guilds battle for remaining in diamond league

You’re right newer players will be far less likely to accept the changes. But those players have a different goal and expectations in mind

—> How do you know that? Have you made some representative poll among the majority of newer players across all servers?

There are so many argumentative mistakes and false assumptions in your post (at least in my opinion which is based on my own experiences), at first i didnt even know where to begin with

Last edited:
Looking at the app store, FoE seems to be innos biggest and most successfull game by far compared to their other games.

Maybe because FoE has GBG while the other games dont?

(i have never tried their other games though, its only an assumption that they dont have something that can be compared to the current GBG in FoE, but if its true then it could be worth thinking about this aspect too)

CrashBoom

Legend
Maybe because FoE has GBG while the other games dont?
maybe because FoE exists since 10 years and the other don't ?

maybe because FoE is also on browser and the other not
definitely players who play most time on browser have the app to play a little bit when not at home
but many wouldn't play an app-only game

but the success it is defintely not because mainly the GBG
because it was already their biggest success before GBG even started

Emberguard

Emperor
There are so many argumentative mistakes in your post (at least from my point of view), at first i didnt even know where to begin with
If you find those to be mistakes, then you merely have a different perspective or know different players

It’s the older players that came up with Guild Battleground strategy in the first place. Checkerboarding first came about once the bigger Guilds found they had already won the match early in the season and min-max rewards was the only thing left to do for the remainder of the match. Over time that evolved, but it’s inaccurate to say established players don’t know the strategy when it was initially a boredom thing. Casual players might not, but that‘s not a old player thing, that’s a barely playing thing.

Ok, so you know of instances where #1 and #5 are in contention. What about the other 6 places? If #1 is being fought over, is that from an all-out war where #1 and #2 are relatively close in strength? Or were they farming partners which allowed them to stay relatively close in VP score with much lower resources than a full blown war would require?

maybe because FoE exists since 10 years and the other don't ?

maybe because FoE is also on browser and the other not
definitely players who play most time on browser have the app to play a little bit when not at home
but many wouldn't play an app-only game

but the success it is defintely not because mainly the GBG
because it was already their biggest success before GBG even started

you are probably right. was just a lose thought i found could be worth mentioning

Ok, so you know of instances where #1 and #5 are in contention. What about the other 6 places? If #1 is being fought over, is that from an all-out war where #1 and #2 are relatively close in strength? Or were they farming partners which allowed them to stay relatively close in VP score with much lower resources than a full blown war would require?

as for #1 being fought over: i see that often since the trophies for winning a gbg round were introduced. We are also trying to win the trophy whenever possible. I find that to be an awesome feature.

As for the contests among #4 - #8:

From my experience there are many different goals and motivations which constantly create contests and battles among guilds: almost all try to not descend to platin league, some want to secure a + league-points spot, some opt for #5 to have an easier next round while others need to refill their league points to 1.000 as much as they could.

This creates constant conflicts in my experience

Last edited:

Dessire

Regent
Again, thank you Innogames for the best change made in FoE ever! I am not joking.
This change allows guilds to really re-think the way they play and think more about strategies more than just build siege camps and attack wherever you can, making impossible conquer sectors to mid-low level guilds.
the upgrade to siege camps now allow us to see more strategies, something which should be always seen in FoE.
the 112 players who have voted "Yes" are the players who really use the brain and see what the rest of players can't see.

please Innogames, bring this amazing update to live servers. In long therms, this will make GbG a lot better, the downters/down voters, are just crying for not being able to do thousands of fights per day, for not being able to abuse the map and for not being able to "destroy" mid/low level guilds unfairly.

In this time, please listen the "yes" votes innogames, please! their votes value is x3 times the value of the "no" votes.