• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

This was stated in the announcement.

Because only changes to these buildings are currently tested. When and if other buildings will also get a rebalancing depends on the test results here.
All of these buildings are in symbiosis with each other - when you alter one it alters the rest. Like giving less power to congress, then the executive/judicial powers of government gain more power. There have been in years many solutions to the "farming problem", yet inno picks the most complicated solution and ignores the other buildings ???

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
All of these buildings are in symbiosis with each other - when you alter one it alters the rest. Like giving less power to congress, then the executive/judicial powers of government gain more power. There have been in years many solutions to the "farming problem", yet inno picks the most complicated solution and ignores the other buildings ???
So you are saying the buildings were equal before and none has been used more than others?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
ehm, I also actually asked yesterday if it was possible to know if Inno excludes to give back zero attrition for diamonds
This is a question, but there is no way I can answer that in any way. I have no insight in the strategy from Product Management.

Devilsangel

Baronet
This was stated in the announcement.

Because only changes to these buildings are currently tested. When and if other buildings will also get a rebalancing depends on the test results here.
I'm actually sorry to say this, but...this is one test that needs more tester guilds than Beta has to offer...the only thing you would be able to see is how fast/slow the progress is of guilds on the map. In terms of strategies, apart from swaps, and usage of other buildings (traps etc.) not sure beta will suffice
So while Beta can help answer the amidiet question of "is the cap too low/enough" the question of other buildings will be left out of the equation here

This is not the case.

I am in favor of this change and I have done up to 16k fights in some seasons.
And you know what? That stuff is tiring.
My guild will surely struggle after this change, because not even half of them participate in GBG, so we need those few players who are online a lot and do a majority of the fights.

So why am I for this change? Because the way the GBG has to be run at diamond league standard is unhealthy and many people don't realise they play too much until it's too late. I had to stop myself at times from playing by straight up leaving my guild for seven days or more.
so to help people have self control, because you don't have self control, lets turn the game in to a minefield simulator where everyone's scared to move less they run out of attrition and get wiped by someone who saved until the 4h before reset so they could wipe you and trap your HQ for the next day
awesome
A different way to encourage self control, coming from a different game I play, is to close all events 12 hours per day (or in our case just close GBG 12 hours a day) - they close everything from 8pm to 8am PST for US servers (11pm to 11am EST/US server time).
I don't like that idea either but I quite enjoy having built my guild around having people around 24/7

mfb.

Farmer
1) requiring a separate login for beta forum is an... interesting design decision :)
2) Only changing SCs and WTs is nonsense. Like planetofthehumans2 called out, the buildings all work together. Are you really suggesting that you're going to have SCs and WTs have multiplicative, capped impact and the others be additive? That would not make it through even a brainstorming session in my product group, much less to a design doc or beta testing. That proposal should have been nerfed from the second it was created.
3) The ranking system is the biggest issue. We're in a season right now where there are a bunch of folks that moved up from platinum to diamond and cant keep up. so its super slow in the top league. For other seasons we're with a bunch of competitive guilds and someone gets bumped down to platinum that shouldnt. Put limits on the number of guilds in each league as many others have suggested. These limits could be tied to percentages of "active" guilds on each server.
4) I understand why cross server battlegrounds is technically difficult or even impossible, but that would be way more interesting. Larger pool, more evenly matched guilds, you dont "know" all of the players, and people actually fight
5) If you want to get rid of farming, introduce a mechanism to encourage or force guilds to team up - cumulative scores, mechanisms to support guilds you're teamed up with, etc.
6) This low of a cap will massively reduce participation. A lot of people that are for this change are calling out the benefits of being able to spend less time. The amount of time you spend is a personal choice. If you have issues with self control, perhaps therapy is a good option instead of pushing Inno to limit everyone else based on the amount of time you want to spend on the game. Inno effectively capping the time in GBG is really confusing. You're creating a disincentive to be online for more than 10-30 mins - I'm estimating that max fights for a person that gets to 100 attrition is 300 and you can do ~15 fights a min if you're in a good flow. That would be 20 mins of activity, but buffer a bit for swapping troops as attrition gets higher. Why are you forcing that limit?
7) Perhaps most importantly, almost 70% of people in the poll attached to this thread are against this change. Will you guys act in accordance with what the majority of people want?

I'm wondering about the prevalence of traps and decoys. I've been playing for nearly 2 years and part of a top guild for only the past year (on my main world). 24 seasons, 200K+ battles, and I've never seen a decoy used, saw a trap once (the guild that placed it was beached almost immediately, and have only begun to see fortresses used when the waterfall map was introduced (only on X1X). Are traps/decoys a Copper-Platinum thing?

PackCat

Squire
What an amazingly lame, late, and half-baked nerf hammer this change is. It will accomplish nothing desirable.
They keep using the word "balance" but soon that will become a 4-letter word, as nothing is balanced about the change,
other than maybe INNO being able to balance their checkbook.

The idea of balance means give and take.
All they have shown is all stick and no carrot.
I would rather see a cap on the number of battles in a 24-hour period, or a higher cap with SC. (75%)?

Petrus1942

Farmer
I don't understand this. 4 players fighting and y'all took 1.5 sectors. AFAIK, no sector on the doorstep of a HQ has 3 building slots but, even if yours does, the reduction in SC protection on any adjoining sectors would be 5.5% (72% to 66.6%). You were going to max out your attrition before taking the second sector, and be done for the day, regardless. Players in smaller guilds with 260/260 are likely to be the least affected by the change.
No, I started when we already had sectors with 3+ SC. By the time I logged on to my Beta account we were already towards the center (because I start the day on my live server and get to beta when I have time). I should have been able to fight for several sectors but thanks to this change my day ended after about an hour and a half total time. If lower engagement is what Inno is after, they've nailed it.

PackCat

Squire
7) Perhaps most importantly, almost 70% of people in the poll attached to this thread are against this change. Will you guys act in accordance with what the majority of people want?
:p That is like asking the bank for lower interest rates because the people want it.
You must understand, when it comes to business, your feelings do not matter, Only the green and the bottom line.
If they though they could keep everyone, they would add a monthly subscription fee.
Someone asked me yesterday if there was a fee for beta.

:p That is like asking the bank for lower interest rates because the people want it.
You must understand, when it comes to business, your feelings do not matter, Only the green and the bottom line.
If they though they could keep everyone, they would add a monthly subscription fee.
Someone asked me yesterday if there was a fee for beta.
I'm not sure how this is going to help innos bank - were the people complaining giving inno the most money? I doubt it. More people spend money on sc camps and paying for buildings with % especially during events to get more turns for more buildings with %.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Perhaps most importantly, almost 70% of people in the poll attached to this thread are against this change. Will you guys act in accordance with what the majority of people want?
Please note, that it is just natural that there are more negative than positive comments here and also votes. Most people only visit the forum to complain and not to say that they like something.
I am actually surprised to see it is not more negative votes, I expected way more. ^^

Owl II

Emperor
his was stated in the announcement.
No, no, no. This "blah, blah, blah, the players asked" is not the answer. You can now see the opinion of the players in the voting. 2 years is not an indicator of sustainability? And I wrote above here, and my colleagues confirmed that battles without attrition are a myth. Either this is an omission of any particular team in relation to a particular player.

No, I'd like to see a straight answer. Like, "We want to limit rewards." Ok, then here in the thread there are several suggestions on how to do this efficiently and without compromising the main gameplay. From "increase the blocking time in the provinces" to "remove the SC in the center".
Or "We want to satisfy the crying of coastal residents who do not want to make an effort, but want to have fun". Then I'll pack my things and get out of here.
Or "We want the guilds to fight, not farm" There are a lot of suggestions to implement this, but for some reason you just cut the SC. Why?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not sure how this is going to help innos bank - were the people complaining giving inno the most money? I doubt it. More people spend money on sc camps and paying for buildings with % especially during events to get more turns for more buildings with %.
Whether rushing siege camps really gets people to *buy* diamonds is questionable atm - given that GBG farming also produces diamonds. And often you can just wait the 2 hours for them to build naturally, especially once the swap has started.

As for events... that's a more complicated question - a lot of the spenders in events aren't top players to begin with - many top players are already quite saturated with good stuff anyways. Shifting the focus away from endless FP in GBG with very little boost actually *required* might increase spending as it shifts some of the focus back to the city. Or yes, changes to enthusiasm may decrease spending. It's really something that would require testing.