• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

TBH, I think INNO is doing the right thing. They let the genie out of the bottle with the possibility of zero attrition sectors and are now jamming him back into the bottle. In my main city I get in about 8K battles every GBG season. I do it because I can, not because I need to. I have more FPs than I can spend, more goods than I need, same-same for coins/supplies/medals. Nerfing zero attrition will reduce my battles by 75% and I'll end up being happier for it. Might even find time for another hobby.

Anette.

Farmer
Well, the day this hits live is the day I am gone from the game forever.

I know most won't care, and say adios, and that's fine.

Between Ads, PTP paywalls getting added, nerfing of recurring quests, etc, this is the straw. This also just informed me not to make any purchases on live for the upcoming events, because I'm not likely to around to enjoy the benefits.
Exactly. I was gonna spend around 100k diamonds on the Eagle mountain and now I know to not buy diamonds. It would be a waste in case this actually goes live and I leave the game. And even if it doesn't go live, I will have to consider a lot if I want to give my money to Inno ever again, because changing rules after this time is just a betrayal. I mean we build cities to be great fighters, fill up treasuries... and now they mess us up like this? For what? For whiny players that weren't able to be good enough to do the same?

King Flush

Marquis
Inno are about to destroy the game in my opinion if this goes through to the live servers, there's clearly many ways to play the game but for those who have worked on prioritising attack buildings in their city to become powerhouses in GBG, well they have just wasted their time it seems, It will take away a huge element of having something to strive for, bit like you've been saving up for a Ferrari but you get it and put a limiter on it so can now only go as fast as your grans mini, what's the point, I don't play GVG but maybe this is now the only use of having those huge attack stats, so a greater penalty for those mobile only players, I can't imagine I'll carry on with the game if this is implemented, what is the point?

-Alin-

Emperor
GbG is first, right decision here, even if it's too late, the only problem is the gap made between whales and new smaller players.
But You helped here so many players lives and time and they don't realise yet, not to mention they can sleep during the nights instead of doing ****loads of clicks for nightshift sectors.
This was the reason that made me quit doing so much GBG in the last months, it was too much, and so many people killed a lot from their time, stressing with sectors, being greedy with other guilds and so on.

Second should be GvG to be killed, delete it or stop entirely the possibility to ping pong on it, people hyped for ranking will begin again to fill sectors with ****loads of champions and so on, and I don't care of this If is removed, I used to love it, but the scripting in the last time behind it killed the fun inside of it.

At least now the huge attack boosts will make somehow a difference for people in guilds in which competition is important in GbG, there will be some kind of strategy with traps and how many players active în that guild, I hope, but time will tell.

Personally I am neutre, not happy nor sad about this change, but if You decide to get this to live servers, kill the GvG too, at least the possibility to ping pong on it, with some kind of limit of fights per player.

Peppermike

Farmer
I don't know whether to thank Inno, or start cursing... I can say thanks for saving me tons of diamonds since it's now useless to fight for sectors, coining camps to fight for the one next to it [not to mention diamonds used to repair advanced troops]... with no more incentive to watch over GbG, I'll have a lot more time for hobbies (or other games)
My wife will see a lot more of me since I won't play as much (she will definitely start cursing)... :cool:
The puppy won't get any more of my meals when I miss the dinner bell because I'm fighting in GbG (she won't curse, she bites) :D

Sounds like a bad idea if you like to fight in GbG and are dedicated to doing well..... a good idea if you want more time away from the game...
Oh... and I can get rid of all those event buildings that help with attack & defense bonuses, they're just clutter now...

Devilsangel

Baronet
I don't see any reason not to stack attack moving forward. Now your a/d will really mean something)
During swaps attrition never really reaches your limit, so players with low ad have the same number of possible fights as those who spend either time or diamonds (be it time on developing farms or money buying them), making their cities as efficient as possible.

King Flush

Marquis
I feel sorry to all the players that have spent their hard earned cash on events and such to increase their attack they really have been duped into buying these items on the promise that it will give them a greater ability in GBG but if implemented the gain from these spends will have been massively negated and think only right that Inno should refund all these players who have spent money this way.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I feel sorry to all the players that have spent their hard earned cash on events and such to increase their attack they really have been duped into buying these items on the promise that it will give them a greater ability in GBG but if implemented the gain from these spends will have been massively negated and think only right that Inno should refund all these players who have spent money this way.
It still gives them greater ability in GBG...

And just a reminder:

People bought dozens of pirate ships at the time for the attack% - that was well before GBG

mintbunnies

Farmer
People are more willing to invest money into a game that has stability. If INNO goes thru with this horrible idea, trust will drop drastically.

I think a lot of people here are running with wrong assumptions. That 66% is a fine cap and will stop the endless repetition of clicks.

This is not true to begin with because it would no longer be worth building 4 camps. Maybe 1 or 2 max. If you want an accurate poll then you should ask the people that this change this would actually affect.

There would be less reasons to invest into your town and attack bonus if you are only fighting on 2 camps. Less reasons to buy diamonds. Less reasons to diamond camps.

Anette.

Farmer
I'm one of those players and I believe that 99% of us buying diamonds will either never buy a single diamond ever again or leave the game for good. I'm very curious what will Inno do then, sadly I'm afraid I won't be around long enough to actually see it.

GeniePower

Merchant
This change was way overdue... And honestly, they should have done it shortly after it became apparent that players would exploit the feature instead of truly competing with each other.

The outrage of the exploiters now only is so "big" because this change comes so late
As much as I dislike the farming of GBG, I still don't like this idea. This is (supposed to be) a strategy game yet I can NEVER fight. I'm limited all over the board. I can't fight GvG because every map is locked up within the first 15 minutes. I can't fight GBG because I'm attritioned out. I can't fight GE because I get 1 try per hour with a max of 64 per week. I can't fight my neighbors because I have only about 70. I'm already bored out of my mind and now the only place to fight is taken away?
Stop the farming -> remove the rewards. Or nerf them or whatever but don't take away our fights.
Make some actual [expletive] competition! Don't limit the fights. Make GBG strategic again by taking away the rewards and the farmers. Increase the guild rewards instead of the individual ones. Whatever. But stay away from my fights

King Flush

Marquis
another factor to consider, this would cause a massive shift in which age is best to aim for, already it's massive for players to be in ages like Industrial and aquire advanced age troops to fight in GBG only disadvantage is they can't quite fight to the volume of fights that someone who has progressed further in the game and filled there city with attack buildings can, with the limiting of this proposal in number of fights that is feasible in a day, will mean the advantage of the lower age/advanced troops game play will be rediculous, no point having any new ages anymore and for those that have already gone past being able to use this game style they may as well rip their city down and start again or just stop playing as I'm sure many would.

and think only right that Inno should refund all these players who have spent money this way.
Those that spent got just compensation at the time, so no refunds should be expected.

I believe the game is still worth playing for now, and if Inno backs down and doesn't send this to live in this (or similar) manner, then I'll be happy to continue, but until I know whether I'll still be playing in 6 months I won't be giving any money.

There are so many ways GBG could be fixed without nerfing it for the active players. Catering to the less competitive players is flat out lazy.