• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Regarding Recent Feedback

jovada

Regent
These days "recruitment" from top guilds pretty much consists of messaging top people in tier 2/3 guilds and begging them to either leave their guilds or merge their entire guild into you (which will eventually lead to 80%+ of them being booted when they're not up to standard so you can cannibalize another guild). Because the way the attrition-free GBG meta goes it hurts too much to raise your own people.

With such restrictive conditions it's hard for more than a few top guilds to recruit to full.

And that is exactly why we are asking since more then a year for more balance in the GbG, and that is a question where we received never an answer dispite inno's message here for more transparancy and communication.

jovada

Regent
Plus, at least on the US forum, it seems like nothing is ever heard by Inno. It is just a player to player sounding board. Doesn't mean we don't try there, but it always seems like the the only place to be heard is on the beta forum, and that very rarely.

Same on the Dutch forum , plus we have two players ( i call them waldorf and statler from the muppets) that have to comment every post a player puts on the forum with the only purpose to break down and humiliate the players post.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Statler-and-Waldorf-Laughing-The-Muppets.gif

And that is exactly why we are asking since more then a year for more balance in the GbG, and that is a question where we received never an answer dispite inno's message here for more transparancy and communication.
That's what I don't understand. Inno talks about transparency and is not able to give an answer. Even with the statement "We (Inno) don't change anything because we earn the most diamonds (money) with the current situation in the GbG." Would that be clear, honest and transparent communication. No one in the community demands that they let us in on all the details and plans, just that the feedback is answered honestly.

GeniePower

Merchant
The next big cull came from GBG where the ability of a guild to pay for siege camps is a concern. So you cut players in underpopulated ages that can't support the treasury themselves. Furthermore you restrict your recruitment of players to the kinds of players that won't hold you back.
Don't forget about the large number of players that no longer want to be in top-guilds because then they have too much competition for hits in GBG and they rather chose to be in a second tier guild where they can hoard all hits by themselves or maybe with one other player

jovada

Regent
Don't forget about the large number of players that no longer want to be in top-guilds because then they have too much competition for hits in GBG and they rather chose to be in a second tier guild where they can hoard all hits by themselves or maybe with one other player

Yes and as soon the guildtreasury becomes week with the many camps they bought they move to another guild hahaha

Finkadel

Marquis
Same old, same old. I hear it coming back like rotten potatoes: "but don't forget we on beta are minority" - oh yeah, really? Why wouldn't they listen to the majority of players from ALL forums around the world then...?

Only once CM lost her nerves and told us, that they have "another sources" of opinions, that matter more. She stopped being CM not long after that - so much for transparency. Inno is SHOWING to us that beta forum doesn't matter, nevermind what the "friendly bot" is making up. "Friendly" bot, my buttocks...

And @DEADP00L is so right - stop sending them bugs reports and soon you will know how much the beta forum matters - none to zero, I assume. It's only for us to fuss about something we have absolutely no impact. Let's fuss quicker, it's getting darker...

I absolutely understand that Inno is after money. They should be, I want the game to last. But they don't keep balance and that is what would kill the game and eventually the company. I won't play any other Inno game, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and never came back. Everything apart from FoE is dull and boring. And I don't even like to fight that much, but I like fighting in Foe.

jovada

Regent
Going back, your frustration does not give you the right to insult developers, other forum members or moderators. We are all just people, trying our best to provide happiness all around. The toxicity only makes things worse. Way worse. It makes it unbearable to read the forum from times to times and we have to moderate a lot, which in return just makes the people more angry again, as we removed posts containing insult, hate, racism and other stuff, that violates the forum rules and we (and most other players) don't want to see here.
Your criticism is always welcome, do not understand me wrong here, it is just the way many currently share their dissatisfaction.
We do not stop at the form, but being rude does not help to get the point across. You could say "I am disappointed" or "this change is bad" etc., but try to avoid saying someone must be stupid (or worse) for implementing a change.

I am well aware that getting angry is just normal when you care for something. Personally, I used to be downright offended when I did not like a change or a feature. Why would someone try to ruin my gameplay?!
The answer is: nobody is trying to ruin the game experience, there is just different views on it and interests to take into account. Therefore, player feedback giving reasons why x is bad and y needs to be changed is vital.

As a moderator my least favorite thing to do is deleting posts or parts of them, but if there is just too much negativity I have to do something. The forum has to be a place where people like to go and everyone can voice their view on the game... but it should also be possible for devs or anyone working at InnoGames to read it without feeling like they are the worst people on the planet.

So far these are the only reactions on our posts here, nothing about transparancy and communication but only that we are to blame for being angry and insulting. This is the world upside down, did you ever realise that our comments and feedback did'nt start angry and insulting but BECAME that just because your lack of communication?

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
that we are to blame for being angry and insulting
I never said that. I also said that my post is a more personal comment. What I said is that I can relate.
Please do not put words in my mouth, thank you :)

I cannot say anything regarding to the points raised about the actual flaws of the game, but as always: they have been forwarded.

Finkadel

Marquis
"but being rude does'nt help" you said, it's the same. Can you explain then what helps ? Gently feedback is also ignored with no answer.
I know what helps. Posts of @MooingCat. Because she is doing their job - last time she prove to them they didn't even did as much as to correctly match parts of the event setup... So if we are doing their job, it is listened to. Anything else - nope. I guess they really made it transparent once and for all... :D

And don't forget, forum team do not forward rude and insulting opinions. They just delete them... So really there is no point in being rude and insulting... :D

jovada

Regent
Really: Prize of defense: 10% chance to receive 1 current good per unit your defending army kills and 5% attack for defending army.

Are you gonna write all your neighbours to attack you in order to make this perk something worth ??? Oh and tell them that they may not plunder or all your benefit is gone whahahahaha

Just an example from guildperks , so if you say that it's a really stupid perk and that you are wondering if developers ever played the game , you are rude and insulting ? Maybe not but you will receive reaction that you are not constructive haha.

Last edited:

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
"but being rude does'nt help" you said, it's the same.
I said "We do not stop at the form, but being rude does not help to get the point across." Again, it's important to read the whole sentence.

Let me try to rephrase, so you understand: insults towards anyone (meaning: human beings) are not helpful. I would never say that you have to sugarcoat things, but I trust you can find words that you would use if people were in a room with you and you would like them to listen.

It's also okay to not provide more in depth feedback, because it matters to see how many players do not like change X or feature Y.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Fire Witch > You warned me for saying that the developers take us for idiots!
Even to a simple question to know who is ignoring us between the staff of the different communities (Beta included) or the developers we have no answer.
I logically conclude that the developers take us for idiots since YOU transmit our opinions systematically.

So when Innogames via its bot tells us that from now on there will be more transparency and that we see the "dialogue" what should we conclude?
No one put a knife to Inno's throat to force him to promise us transparency.
Personally, I find this statement insulting.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
It's also okay to not provide more in depth feedback, because it matters to see how many players do not like change X or feature Y.
By following your logic, as long as an idea will not be liked by more than 100,000 players, there is no chance that it will be taken into account?
Conclusion suggestions like our ideas or bug reports are totally useless.
Close the forum and congratulate yourself on Facebook.

jovada

Regent

Provide no more depth feedback ??? You see the reactions on the forum and the like or not so why no more depth feedback ? Or do you admid that the community is not important enough and that outside comments are more important?

In fact you confirm that the message from inno is just an handkerchief we received to wipe our tears , but that transparency and communication will not change.

Last edited:
I never said that. I also said that my post is a more personal comment. What I said is that I can relate.
Please do not put words in my mouth, thank you :)

I cannot say anything regarding to the points raised about the actual flaws of the game, but as always: they have been forwarded.
So moderators, you have the task of evaluating our posts and suggestions. I assume that you also partially support suggestions that you forward. So far, you're doing a good job, but after that, unfortunately, transparency is over. There's no information about whether a suggestion will be implemented or not, or whether it can't be implemented because it's too complicated, nothing. If something is implemented, it is almost always worse than the submitted proposal.
Explain it to us, we are not babies and understand if something cannot be implemented. We also know that there has to be a balance between effort, benefit and the costs and income.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I see, that the situation got a out of hand today. So I will have to write something.

Firstly, I am sorry for not writing much in the last couple of days/weeks. My new semester just started and I had to prepare for it and also get used to the new semester and time plan.
That said, I will now address some points that came up now. What is most important for me to tell you is to read and try understanding what my moderators are trying to tell you. They in no way want to insult you or make you feel upset. They try explaining things and help raising the mood in the forum by moderating (duh), but also by what @Fire Witch did: explain. If you don't want this type of transparency, then I am not sure, if it is a good thing to improve the transparency in general.
Don't take things out of context. @Fire Witch explained the things very well, but some of you choose to pick some sentences and bring them into the wrong context. This is not ok. So please read the posts again and try to understand, what was written.

Now, that we have gotten this out of the way, we can come to the other, juicy stuff. We have began to work on 2 larger projects to address your transparency concerns. As these are bigger projects, they will take a while, because we need the help from the other departments (Game Design, Quality Assistance, Product Management, etc.). So it may take a couple of months to actually show you these results.
In the meantime, we are preparing a text, where we try to answer your most burning questions regarding the event balancing and age. It should be finished in the next week, but we need some information first. So stay tuned for it.
Regarding that feedback is not taken into account. Here, I have to be a bit "mad" at you guys, so sorry about it beforehand. Also, because of this, I will be very direct with this one. Please don't take anything out of context here. I will write it again, just to make sure: This is very direct and a bit harsh (just to warn you, as one warning was not enough in my last post). So let's start:
Have you seen, what was done in the last events balancing wise? Just have a look here:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...st-patricks-day-event-2022.15267/#post-130409 (Increased population and happiness for further levels, as the change to let them be the same was not appreciated and confusing for player and way better chances to get last years reward buildings, because you said, that you were not able to get enough. Especially the last one opened opportunities for completely new tactics on live)
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/tenth-anniversary-event.15384/#post-131980 (I think I don't have to list all the changes again, but I want to add, that not all changes were improvements. Some things had to be changed not because of player feedback, but because of the "ominous" source you all refer to: Statistics. This is by the way also one of the biggest sources of feedback we have.)
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...n-in-the-archaeology-event.15469/#post-133368 (Similar to the Anniversary Event, we had to make changes, that made it "worse", but this time because the old things were not intended (too many butterfly house kits in grand prices and butterfly sanctuary kits as milestone rewards, but we also made major improvements to the set because of your feedback. The old stats were very much intended and we tried out a new way, that was again not appreciated, so we changed it.)
As you can see, a lot of your feedback goes into the decisions made, but not all decisions are made because of player feedback. Also, not changing something is also a decision made, not because of player feedback, but other things mentioned before. But we will address some of these in more detail later.
Regarding idea forwarding: To be clear with you, we from the support team also don't know what will happen with them. We forward them, they are added to an internal list and could be implemented in the near future or never. If you know, what "Scrum" is, you can compare it to this very well. The ideas are added to a backlog and then it is decided, what will be done. This means in most cases, nobody can answer you why this or that idea is not done yet, no matter how transparent we are.
While forwarding ideas, we already look, if this idea can actually be implemented, if not, we will deny it and don't forward it.

Lastly, we know, that our post may not have been what you wanted, but it created a place where we can see all comments regarding transparency. Before that, they were mixed with feature feedback, what made it more difficult to see, what the actual problem is.

I hope I address everything now, but don't hesitate to write, if I should answer anything (that I can answer).

Oh and lastly, because it is my job and as a warning I have to tell you: Please remember, that we have forum rules, that everyone has to follow. I know this is a very sensitive topic, but please don't break the forum rules. Some of you did in this thread, but we will not (yet) take the ban hammer, but only, if it goes too much out of hand, which referring to the forum rules, we can decide.

jovada

Regent
Again you answer about events, that is not our main concern, yes mostly every event there are some changes ( to difficult to reach the last upgrade, not enough coin, paper or what else needed, adjusting statistics) and we know that it's fast working for developers to adjust it before the deadline release on live servers.
But about gameplay and balancing GbG for example never an answer, " Also, not changing something is also a decision made" ok, but telling us why (we don't need to know every detail) is what we understand with transparency and communication.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Thanks, @Juber.

By following your logic, as long as an idea will not be liked by more than 100,000 players, there is no chance that it will be taken into account?
Provide no more depth feedback ???
Just to make things perfectly clear, I said "It's also okay [...]". Small word, big difference.
There were posts here saying that feedback that is not giving ((m)any) reasons is not welcome. This is not the case.

I'm a player, I'm on your side. Please try to keep that in mind when reading my posts.