• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2022

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Fyi: The issue, that not all players received their diamonds to test the event was already resolved on Friday at around 11:55 AM Server time. All remaining active players have received them at this time. :)

CrashBoom

Legend
@Juber
why is without a manager the production in the event city always at 0 and not finished and ready to collect when a player comes back into the game ?
(happens when leaving FoE not when only leaving the mini game)

I would expect that the production continues when a player is offline and not reset to 0 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

-Dany-

Farmer
Fyi: The issue, that not all players received their diamonds to test the event was already resolved on Friday at around 11:55 AM Server time. All remaining active players have received them at this time. :)
I didn't get them...
:confused:

estrid

Baronet
Did we get less gold pots this year than before?

Theoretically, I should have got 12400 pots from tasks thus far. I also remember getting 200 pots twice from incidents and several smaller ones.
The usage (also theoretically) have been 9690 pots (all needed managers bought during 4 rounds plus 3 times chests opened). So, I can't understand why I have only 120 pots now

Last edited:

Freela

Farmer
You just had to make the prize for this event compelling :p If there's one event I'd love to take off it's this one.
It used to always be possible to at least get full upgrades to the Event building without spending diamonds. It no longer seems possible to do so, judging by how many upgrades have been received this far into the event. Same thing happened with the Forge Event.
This makes them not even worth doing.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
It's very easy to get the main building fully leveled for free with the right strategies (and with the buffs to the forge bowl event it's also possible if you want it). The game mechanics, number of pots and building levels are the same as last year, and it was very easy to get the main building fully leveled.

estrid

Baronet
It's very easy to get the main building fully leveled for free with the right strategies (and with the buffs to the forge bowl event it's also possible if you want it). The game mechanics, number of pots and building levels are the same as last year, and it was very easy to get the main building fully leveled.

As far as I know, I have done this exactly the same as last year in the live (maybe a tad slower, but that shouldn't count). If nothing have changed, I really liked to know where about 3000 pots have gone. Either that or some selection cards has gone missing. I have opened the event box from forge bowl event.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
As far as I know, I have done this exactly the same as last year in the live (maybe a tad slower, but that shouldn't count). If nothing have changed, I really liked to know where about 3000 pots have gone. Either that or some selection cards has gone missing. I have opened the event box from forge bowl event.

Start: 200
Daily logins: 22*100
Rush quests: 35*100
Daily quests: 21*150
Milestones: 750+1400

= 11200 pots, same as last year.

Despite careful management, I am going to be one upgrade short of the full 10 levels this year. Only thing that have not done are daily quests because I don't have enough time. It should not be so hard to finish. This event building will end up stored in my inventory.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I did not have the event box but I should still have a fully levelled building,

I have completed 3 slow runs opening every box, 1 fast run, only opening the free box, now on the last slow run, have 3 tasks to complete for a milestone part, I will get a part for completing the questline and if I do not spend anymore gold pots and complete the daily login/quest I will have enough pots of gold to open 6 boxes on the last day :)

in my inventory at this time I have the base, 3 upgrade kits and 3 selection kits

The secret is to watch your pots of gold spending, I have 2 tasks requiring me to spend gold, not happening as that will leave me short at the end

estrid

Baronet
Start: 200
Daily logins: 22*100
Rush quests: 35*100
Daily quests: 21*150
Milestones: 750+1400

= 11200 pots, same as last year.
I made a mistake counting 200 for the rewards of the first 35 tasks. Should have been 100. Thank you showing this out MooingCat.
Now I just must figure out, why there's not enough pots for buying all the chests after 4th round. Can't be sure, but I think I did it that way last year
in some live worlds.

Astrid

Baronet
I currently have 1200 pots and I am at the end of the fourth town. It seems that I will have to choose: wait until the last day to get 1900 pots and get the last kit I need or start now the new town and get the last update. Last year I could get both, so I ended with 11 upgrades / kits. I was able to complete the building and preserve 1 extra kit. Now without the surprize box you won't be able to complete the main building.

I had mistakenly thought that opening the chests risked Pots of Gold on unwanted prizes. However, I now realize that it is impossible to win all upgrades by completing New Towns alone and that it is essential to open chests to win at least one upgrade. I wish I had known this at the outset; too late now!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I currently have 1200 pots and I am at the end of the fourth town. It seems that I will have to choose: wait until the last day to get 1900 pots and get the last kit I need or start now the new town and get the last update. Last year I could get both, so I ended with 11 upgrades / kits. I was able to complete the building and preserve 1 extra kit. Now without the surprize box you won't be able to complete the main building.
there were no changes to the mechanic I am aware of - it is more likely you played differently last year or maybe you had no luck with incidents this year

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I had mistakenly thought that opening the chests risked Pots of Gold on unwanted prizes. However, I now realize that it is impossible to win all upgrades by completing New Towns alone and that it is essential to open chests to win at least one upgrade. I wish I had known this at the outset; too late now!
It is possible, but you need to do a lot of towns to complete enough tasks. 12-14 towns I think should be enough, depending on how many tasks you complete each time and if you have the surprise box

Amdira

Baronet
I'm going to finish town #11 within today and will have left another 37 tasks - means 1 more town to get the last kit - without being lucky to find 500 pots in an incident it might have run short.
The problem I see is, that players without surprise box wont't be able to get a complete building. There are still FoE beginners who couldn't get to the surprise in last event and now are running short again - that might not be very encouraging to participate in events at all.

CrashBoom

Legend
The problem I see is, that players without surprise box wont't be able to get a complete building. There are still FoE beginners who couldn't get to the surprise in last event and now are running short again - that might not be very encouraging to participate in events at all.
same as Forge Bowl

many players (even with suprise box) won't get a complete building

@MooingCat, I had great success last year using your spreadsheet for the St. Pat's minigame. Based on your experience this year in Beta, do you recommend any changes to the model, or will it do the trick again when the event goes on live? Thanks.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Where do you get the impression that a new player has to get the max prize in their first event...
Not getting the prize will get a good player engaged to get better at the game - and with the next event they even will have the surprise box.

Besides that, with the right strategy - and there is more than one - it is very well possible to get to the max building even without the surprise box and without much luck from the incidents