• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Ages Event

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
There seem to be a new Ages Event coming up. A board game style event from the looks of it.

The special backgrounds for different era categories maybe means you advance in era every time you pass start of something?

Board frame:
ages_board_frame.png

dice_amount_holderobject_playericon_challengeobject_challengeobject_challenge_cleared
ages_dice_amount_holder.png
ages_object_player.png
ages_icon_challenge.png
ages_object_challenge.png
ages_object_challenge_cleared.png
object_chest_regularobject_chest_specialreward_icon_ages_challenge_chestobject_present
ages_object_chest_regular.png
ages_object_chest_special.png
reward_icon_ages_challenge_chest.png
ages_object_present.png

Background Stone Ages:
ages_background_stone_ages.png

Background Middle Ages:
ages_background_middle_ages.png

Background Industrial
ages_background_industrial.png

Background Space Age:
ages_background_space_age.png

Background Wallpaper:
ages_background_wallpaper.jpg

forge_ages_event_info_screen_new_1.jpg

hud_daily_specialhud_event_currencyhud_grand_prizeseasonal_background_uptutorial_arrowpointerreward_decoration_bottomreward_decoration_top
ages_hud_daily_special.png
ages_hud_event_currency.png
ages_hud_grand_prize.png
seasonal_background_up.png
ages_tutorial_arrow.png
ages_pointer.png
ages_reward_decoration_bottom.png
ages_reward_decoration_top.png

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Please let it be a replacement for the ferry game and its chests.
Ferry game? As in St Patricks? Someone already found spoilers for that so probably not. Plus St Patricks is one of the newer events. More likely they'd replace Spring or Summer which has been around longer

Emberguard

Emperor
I also love the Summer Event, especially as it has a inbuilt guaranteed maximum expenditure per Gold Prize and per Grand Prize. But I know not everyone does like it either cause they get bad luck or don’t like sharing with neighbours (though had people communicated with their neighbours there’s no reason the group couldn’t leverage their coins together to reduce costs on finding the prizes they wanted)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly I love the theme of the summer. My problem is simple an raw game of chance. No skills, no strategy no nothing needed but luck. To me it would be rather nice if they would come up with a new minigame. Maybe some variation on the board game battleship or an treasure hunt similar to GE.
Judging on the time. I find it highly unlikely that this will replace the summer event. St. Patrick's day and spring are both more at risk judging from time and chronically order of events. Though a new summery theme wouldn't be bad, imo. Perhaps a bit refreshing once in a while. Even while the beach & pirate theme is an classic summer theme.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly I love the theme of the summer. My problem is simple an raw game of chance. No skills, no strategy no nothing needed but luck. To me it would be rather nice if they would come up with a new minigame. Maybe some variation on the board game battleship or an treasure hunt similar to GE.
Judging on the time. I find it highly unlikely that this will replace the summer event. St. Patrick's day and spring are both more at risk judging from time and chronically order of events. Though a new summery theme wouldn't be bad, imo. Perhaps a bit refreshing once in a while. Even while the beach & pirate theme is an classic summer theme.

There's more strategy in summer than there is in most events due to the community aspect.

- Do you refresh wheels yourself or let other people do it?
- Do you try to go for the prize as soon as it shows up, or do you try to wait til someone's cleaned some of the crap off the board?
- Which wheels are worth actually going for given that you're likely to run out of spins and then see even-better opportunities later. But if you wait too long, you might wind up spinning on worse ones.

As for my wish, I'd love to see st patricks bite it :p But I'd bet on spring since there's st pat's spoilers. And since the lily pad hopping game is just a different skin on football and soccer events... it seems a very likely candidate to become something different.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
There's more strategy in summer than there is in most events due to the community aspect.

- Do you refresh wheels yourself or let other people do it?
- Do you try to go for the prize as soon as it shows up, or do you try to wait til someone's cleaned some of the crap off the board?
- Which wheels are worth actually going for given that you're likely to run out of spins and then see even-better opportunities later. But if you wait too long, you might wind up spinning on worse ones
It remains an game of chance in an strategy game… You got a point though regarding the psychological addition of playing against neighbours. It’s even worse then just an game of chance.
And since the lily pad hopping game is just a different skin on football and soccer events... it seems a very likely candidate to become something different
Sharp I think you’re right. Kinda started liking the theme though I’m missing the Eastern event which got replaced by it. The eastern event had such unique vibes and brought unique units to the table but also in general the builds fit best in with the city. The Easter egg hunt was surely the best part of it imo. Still have from all events one of the best memories from the original first Eastern event.

Oh please please let this finely be the death of the stupid spinning wheel of jerkdom that is the summer event.

from the timing of it, this appears to become the replacement for the 'frog jumping' spring event. or else, it will be between st patrick's and spring event.