• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Try out Guild Perks on Beta!

Devilsangel

Baronet
Please confirm that the unlocked perk stays active after the 20 day season. Too many people think that the unlocked perks expire at the end of the 20 day season.
This question was answered a couple of time, they reset completely, but length of activity is subject to change during beta testing

jtrucker

Baronet
Activated Glory match, didn't affect traz in any way (can't say if it should or shouldn't because @Juber seems to be ignore our questionabout it :) ) ....ah well another feature to ignore)
Then it is completely useless. Who is using military barracks? When the road changed to two-lane, I NEVER build military barracks to recruit units. I have them unbuilt ("in the mud") somewhere in the corner of the map WITHOUT road and am using ONLY traz to get the units. So yeah, another useless feature.

jtrucker

Baronet

Actually, that is DIFFERENT QUESTION AND DIFFERENT ANSWER

Read it carefully - the progress towards a perk will completely reset when the offer will list the same perk again...
Meaning - you contribute and contribute and the progress bar is in the middle.. cycle ends... You get different 10 perks, all with zero progress bar...
And next cycle you MIGHT get back the original 10 perks and even the former "half bar" will be zero...

that was answered, and that is not my question!

But activated perk, on level 2 for example, with NO progress bar... ... will this deactivate or will it stay active with reset zero progress bar.

Sorry, but this question was not CLEARLY answered. Neither here, nor in the announcement. Only assumptions, guesses and suggestions, not clear answer
by admin, please... not guess/assumption by another players.. (my understanding is, it will be completely deactivated... but really, I'd like confirmation by admin, because my guess as good as one by another player... and it wasn't clearly stated )

jtrucker

Baronet
If it resets completely then there's no progress. How can something on 0% be active?

Of course being active and have progress are two different things. Didn't you ever play game where you needed to level?
You have level 0... and progress bar towards level 1... ...
You reach level 1, you have ACTIVE LEVEL 1.. You progress bar resets to zero...
And you progress towards level two (the max for lvl two is higher than for lvl 1)...
You reach lvl 2, progress bar resets.,..

So .... if I AM WRONG (God I wish I am wrong)...
The perk stays active at level you already reached (say level 2) ... and your progress towards level 3 will reset to zero...
So resetting progress and deactivating active perk are two different things and yes, they could BOTH happen, but they do not have to both happen.
And that's my question.
Do both happen (unfortunately I think so), or only reset happens but not deactivation (wishful thinking)?

Devilsangel

Baronet
You get 10 different Perks each cycle. Even if some Perks are the same they will be 0 progress "from scratch".
They work like every other cycle related aspect of this game, nothing from the previous cycle remains.
Maybe this will change, like @Juber mentions a couple of times, some aspects of this particular addition to the game are subject to change after we test it here)

Last edited:
adventurer merchant​
1​
+8% chance 2 random goods when visiting members tavern​
useless: many people rightly avoid guld members as friends​
-3% negotiating cost in guilds expeditiom​
-10% coin collection​
antiques exert​
1​
+5% trade coins when exchanging (selling?) items in the antiques dealer​
OK, but not worth much​
city evolution​
1​
+15% construction time boost​
not interesting, as buildings are rarely build.​
-5% supply collection​
glory march​
1​
+10% recruitment time boost​
-10% construction time, if applicable to Traz, means Traz can be harvested twice a day. Way too powerful.​
-5% coin collection​
-5% supply colection​
peaceful explorer​
1​
-5% negotiation cost in GE​
Doubtful. Requires good number of levels of this perk to be effective.​
pride for defense​
1​
+10% chance of 1 current era good per unit you defeat while defending your city​
Useful for a limited number of members. But in WW2 they said: ‘the bomber always get through’. Likwise, in FoE the attacker always get through.​
+5% attack for defending army​
prosper city​
1​
+10% supply collection​
Doubtful. Most people have plenty of coins and supplies.​
+10% coin collection​
+10% construction time boost​
i assume +10% construction time?​
savvy negotiator​
1​
-6% negotiation cost in GBG​
Only after several levels​
social collector​
1​
+3% gem stones when exchanging items in antiques shop​
useful.​
+3% tavern silver collection​
tavern sweeper​
1​
+10% chance on 1 fp when visiting member tavern​
see adventurer merchant​

Generally, there is no way for small guilds with low activity members to obtain them.

Owl II

Emperor
Since this is a feature for guilds (we don't have many of them), it will be cool if the boosts are focused on guild tasks or guild gameplay.

-Boost defence for sectors on GVG. Not those ridiculous 75% on HQ that we inherited from old FOE, but indicators which will be noticeable in the current conditions. Which will take into account players have an attack bonus exceeding 1000%.
-Increase in the collection goods to the treasury (from statues or GB).
-More prestige, from GE or SoH (HoF).
-Decrease (increase) of the enemy army's boost at GE points.
-Increasing the probability of getting the most valuable rewards in GE.
-Increase (decrease) of the sector lock time after capture in GBG.
-Discount (increase) of time for the construction of buildings in GBG.

I agree with what was said above: bonuses should be powerful. We need a cause why guilds should do this. 30% of the attack for the defense army is not a cause. Even 300% is not a cause in the current realities. 3000% def for deffensive army? Yes, it might work for some players (not for me).

I understand why activated perks are reset at the end of the cycle. (If we don't reset it, we will fall into the same trap as with guild levels. We will have to increase their amount all the time. And the old guilds will have an undeniable advantage.) But we either need to increase the cycle or simplify activation. Full activation of all available perks should not take the entire three-week cycle. This cancels the whole idea completely. Of course, we have the opportunity to force activation with the help of diamonds. But here we come back to 30% of the attack in the defense of the city is not worth tens of thousands of diamonds in addition to hundreds of thousands of other game resources. This is ridiculous

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Juber :
The bonuses and penalties offered clearly show that the designers are totally out of touch with the game. It's really worrying.

The basic idea was great, but once again unfinished, so was the arena.

Visit the Guild Member Tavern !!! Either they forgot to add the guild members in the possibility to visit their tavern, or they are not playing FOE!

Decrease the construction time so that after the first 3 ages nobody builds buildings apart from the specials shows that they do not play.

Reducing negotiation costs by 6% also shows that developers don't play their own game, 5 goods - 6% = ????

Big guilds will not waste time with this principle and small guilds will not be able to monetize the bonuses in 3 weeks.

Do you want to add a principle of mutual aid within the guilds?
Start by replacing the Support Pool with a useful bonus!
Listen to your customers on what they expect without falling into the exaggeration of too strong bonuses or unnecessary ones.

Instead of resetting the bonus every 3 weeks, make a depression of 33% per week while leaving the bonus valid until it reaches zero. In the long term, therefore, guilds wishing to maintain an advantage will give themselves the means and adapt appropriate management.

No need to create 150 different bonuses, make only 5 or 6 of which only 3 can be active at the same time, but bonuses that make you want to surpass yourself to validate them.

Owl II

Emperor
Players have been offering gamedesigners to play what they create for a long time. But now I definitely understand that this is not a figure of speech. We're playing a game was made a long time ago. But now a completely different game is being developed. Аnd we are not interested in it. There are two ways:
1) collapse this project and start a new one. New game will be chosen by those players who will be interested in it..
2) Gamedesigners will have to understand what the old game is. What do we value in it and why are we still here despite all their efforts

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
So what's the point to invest in perks if the levels unlocked and fps/supplies/medals are not kept and are being reseted each 21 days?

For the level 1 for march perk are needed 5k fps to be spent, 40 active players with all 30 donations of forge points *7000 points, means 8.4M points/daily if I am correctly. ok ,5k forge points are nothing spreaded in 40 people for that perk, but we have to invest them each 21 days because all perks are drawing back to zero? :/

Another bright Idea ...

So what's the point to invest in perks if the levels unlocked and fps/supplies/medals are not kept and are being reseted each 21 days?
Clear all ress. (and so on) we store day after day. Inno wanna find a way to reduice all what they have given more and more day after day.
They wanna destroy without giving us a thing...
" i give you a cent if you consume 1000 cent"

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
gain of a random unit of the next higher age
Would be a bit of an issue balance wise but current age would be interesting.
some % chance to not increase their attrition level
Let them fix first the SC lack of balance as they are on their own already overpowered. No need to grant with guild perks an even bigger buff on something that is already OP.

The rest of you're suggestion is many times more appealing than what we got now.

Owl II

Emperor
Clear all ress. (and so on) we store day after day. Inno wanna find a way to reduice all what they have given more and more day after day.
They wanna destroy without giving us a thing...
" i give you a cent if you consume 1000 cent"
I have more than 50 billion coins now. 7 billion supplies. The receipt of FP exceeds 4k per day (I'm not keen on contributions to GB of other players, but the arc-180 does its job). I'm ready to put it all somewhere. If there is a way to help the younger players of my guild, I would be happy. If there is a way to strengthen the guild with these excess game resources, it would be a top score. I just don't see the possibilities for that yet.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Drakenrider :
Yes, the bonuses that I offer are enormous but to motivate a whole guild (including the smallest who will not have the same facilities as the big ones) to mobilize to level up, you need good bonuses, useful bonuses for different parts of the game.

Like many strategic players, I make the ratio between the cost and the benefits. None of the current bonuses, I mean none, would provide my guild with a benefit that could offset donations.

But after all, maybe I didn't understand the hidden purpose of Innogames in this novelty:
- strengthen ties between members?
- earn more spending on diamonds?
- promote the disappearance of solo-guilds?

I have the weakness to believe that this is an attempt to replace the level bonuses that have become unnecessary.
What's the point of having millions in support pool when the game has gone from an average attack of 100% when creating GvGs to 2,000%?
What is the point of having construction bonuses when no one fully builds a building unlocked by technologies?
What good is it to have bonuses for gold and commodities, which the GB already give and of which every strategist has more than reason?

So if the goal is to add something new that few will use but which will consume a lot of internet resources, I prefer its deletion and that the developers spend more time on what already exists but which is in dire need of improvement.

Yekk

Regent
My suggestion to the developers is once this first trial turn on beta ends is to pull this from the game. Throw away most of what has been shown, possibly all and for once listen to the players who actually play the game...for way to long you and your project managers has failed on the fact the game should be enjoyable not a job...

Owl II

Emperor
Do you know what upset (alerted) me the most? The fact that they didn't bother to create unique graphics for perks. Pulled backgrounds from other parts of the game. The graphics in FOЕ have always been excellent